Official Notification

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304957356' post='2709076']
Captain Obvious To The Rescue:

1) Fighting a tough, nuclear war makes it harder to have a high-NS nation.
2) That hardship increases exponentially with the intensity of the war, with it being very little if you are curbstomping somebody, moderately hard if you have even odds, and impossible if you are being curbstomped - so long as you remain in battle.
3) There is a positive correlation between combat and casualties.
4) This discussion is pointless.

Now, let's go back to talking about NPO. I, for one would like to thank Umbrella and MK for helping me claim the top dancing spot by a mile:

1) -42,342 Strength Change - Letum of Canton - Red Team
[/quote]

Were you at least offered a blindfold and a cigarette? ;)

FYI: High casualty figures have always been (both here and "elsewhere") an indication of someone who isn't afraid of a fight. They are not necessarily an indication of the quality of the fighter. Some of the best fighters I have encountered on Planet Bob however didn't have huge nations or even necessarily massive casualties counts.

[i]OOC: They did know however know how to ruthlessly exploit the game mechanics in a completely "legal" way to their advantage.[/i]

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304926112' post='2708973']
That hurts a lot. :(
[/quote]
I slugged out a round with MOTU and two other TOP guys with almost 5k more tech than me. You don't know anything about eating big nukes.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1304962652' post='2709104']
Care to explain?
[/quote]
Clearly [url=http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg]Mr Dodson[/url] knows things the rest of us dont know

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1304966768' post='2709134']
I slugged out a round with MOTU and two other TOP guys with almost 5k more tech than me. You don't know anything about eating big nukes.
[/quote]

I know nothing, you know everything master!

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1304956155' post='2709070']
That's why he spent the entire Karma war fighting on the losing side as Valhalla's #1 nation?
[/quote]
You seem to imply here that Valhalla fought for the entire Karma war, instead of the almost three weeks of fighting that they did.

Val wasn't curbstomped in Karma, and oink left them pretty quickly after so that he wouldn't be affected by their surrender terms, which frankly did more damage to them than the war did.

We weren't either; the only curbstomped alliances in Karma were NPO and TPF.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304979240' post='2709264']
You seem to imply here that Valhalla fought for the entire Karma war, instead of the almost three weeks of fighting that they did.

Val wasn't curbstomped in Karma, and oink left them pretty quickly after so that he wouldn't be affected by their surrender terms, which frankly did more damage to them than the war did.

[/quote]

Okay, but you implied oink always chooses to fight for the winning side. Which is clearly not true. He fought for Valhalla during their entire fight in the Karma war.

Mind explaining how him leaving Valhalla post-war hurt them more than the actual war? I thought Val had pretty lenient terms.

[/quote]

Right, because fighting Kronos,PC,Umbrella,RIA,FARK etc etc is clearly a paper tiger line up with no fire power to back it up.....

oh yea and we did not hide in PM while doing so, like some trying to point fingers :rolleyes:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1304964615' post='2709120']
I am glad to see what intelligent debate has degenerated into. :)
[/quote]
You're insane if you expected us to be mature and intelligent.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1304981700' post='2709294']
Right, because fighting FAN,NoR,DT,PC,Umbrella etc etc is clearly a paper tiger line up with no fire power to back it up.....

oh yea and we did not hide in PM while doing so, like some trying to point fingers :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Karma not BiPolar Buddy.

We had Umbrella and Kronos mainly, later a nice long chain to get more on us including a Fark ghost dec, which they chose to hit piggy to show they were part of that war.

Edit:
[quote]1. Valhalla formally surrenders to the collective forces of Umbrella, Kronos, Poison Clan, Random Insanity Alliance, Fark, Coalition of Royal Allied Powers, Internet Superheroes, and Alpha Omega.[/quote]

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1304982096' post='2709298']
Karma not BiPolar Buddy.

We had Umbrella and Kronos mainly, later a nice long chain to get more on us including a Fark ghost dec, which they chose to hit piggy to show they were part of that war.
[/quote]

There I edited for ya my sheep overlord, taken from teh wiki as my memory was a bit off and although I remember FAN/NoR/DT in there they arent listed(next war lol) in our peace thread so im just getting old I guess, but still makes my point.

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1304982249' post='2709303']
There I edited for ya my sheep overlord, taken from teh wiki as my memory was a bit off and although I remember FAN/NoR/DT in there they arent listed(next war lol) in our peace thread so im just getting old I guess, but still makes my point.
[/quote]
More than makes your point, I was just making sure you had you facts correct, because we all know how the diplomats of this world love semantics.
3 weeks of all out nuclear warfare, with everyone(almost) involved, now that was fun.

I still have mad love and respect for Enderland, whom was the most fun enemy I have had.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304938393' post='2709010']
There are two possibilities to this cases: Or they are just exceptions or they started to fight just after being that big and had the warchets to keep their nations at that size, I'm more inclined to believe in the later.
[/quote]
I can't speak for the others, but I know Drai has been amongst the casualty elites since at least 2007.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304938393' post='2709010']
There are two possibilities to this cases: Or they are just exceptions or they started to fight just after being that big and had the warchets to keep their nations at that size, I'm more inclined to believe in the later.
[/quote]

Or they were smart enough to keep a warchests big enough to rebuild after wars are over and they imported tech ruthlessly?

[/quote]

Umm their terms were far from damaging, Im still a big fan of those terms personally, not sure how much Valhalla liked em tho :P

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1304992297' post='2709405']
You were #1 in casualties for quite some time, right? Why aren't you wagging your e-peen?
[/quote]

That's never been my style, it's more fun watching others attempt to prove their mettle by "wagging" and bickering.

[/quote]
Just as reminder, TPF was only in the war as long as it was because mhawk dropped the hammer after getting up on the cross and couldn't figure out how to get down.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1304994084' post='2709432']Just as reminder, TPF was only in the war as long as it was because mhawk dropped the hammer after getting up on the cross and couldn't figure out how to get down.[/quote]

Yeah, that whole [i]standing by one's treaty promises[/i] played no part at all.

[/quote]
Not quite.

Taken from the wiki: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_War#Global_Shift_of_Power

New Pacific Order -62.8%
Independent Republic of Orange Nations -69.9%
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance -65.5%
The Phoenix Federation -71.7%
Grand Global Alliance -69.2%

IRON, GGA, and MCXA, all took almost as much damage as TPF and more than NPO, though NPO was hit again by crippling terms.

The alliances from that list on that side who didn't pull their weight were TOOL, with a -22% loss, and Legion*, with a -13.6% loss. Both took less damage proportionally than FARK, Ragnarok, VE, or MK from that list.

Unfortunately that list doesn't include Valhalla or other smaller alliances.

*Even before this the alliance that I've most wanted to see be forced to fight a long, hard war is Legion.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1304979846' post='2709272']
Okay, but you implied oink always chooses to fight for the winning side. Which is clearly not true. He fought for Valhalla during their entire fight in the Karma war.
[/quote]
Yeah, no. I said he always avoided the curbstomp. Not the same.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1304979846' post='2709272']
Mind explaining how him leaving Valhalla post-war hurt them more than the actual war? I thought Val had pretty lenient terms.
[/quote]
Oh, his leaving Val isn't what hurt them. Their terms contained some fairly fierce restrictions on foreign aid, basically they were prohibited from using their slots for a period of time - they were the last Purple alliance to rebuild as a result.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1304981700' post='2709294']
[/quote]
Yeah, we didn't "hide" in PM either during Karma. We didn't get curbstomped either. Just face facts: you didn't get curbstomped in Karma. That's all I was saying. It's not exactly a terrible accusation.

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1304989670' post='2709377']
Umm their terms were far from damaging, Im still a big fan of those terms personally, not sure how much Valhalla liked em tho :P
[/quote]
You guys didn't pay attention to the effect of those terms I see. They were damaging.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305016889' post='2709534']
Not quite.

Taken from the wiki: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_War#Global_Shift_of_Power

New Pacific Order -62.8%
Independent Republic of Orange Nations -69.9%
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance -65.5%
The Phoenix Federation -71.7%
Grand Global Alliance -69.2%

IRON, GGA, and MCXA, all took almost as much damage as TPF and more than NPO, though NPO was hit again by crippling terms.

The alliances from that list on that side who didn't pull their weight were TOOL, with a -22% loss, and Legion*, with a -13.6% loss. Both took less damage proportionally than FARK, Ragnarok, VE, or MK from that list.

Unfortunately that list doesn't include Valhalla or other smaller alliances.

*Even before this the alliance that I've most wanted to see be forced to fight a long, hard war is Legion.
[/quote]
Yeah I forgot about MCXA and GGA. Oh lord those two got destroyed.

IRON was ... more complicated. But yeah a lot of wartime damage there too.

So what's the reasoning for the grudge against Legion? You want revenge for Universalis?

Personally I'd love to see the Mushroom Kingdom be forced to fight a long, hard war.