Official Notification

*slow clap*

And so the 2nd wave of NPO upper tier comes out. Now once again you're outnumbered in the upper tier and are going to get thrashed. Amusingly enough if at the very onset of the war you had simply used your entire upper tier to engage Doomhouse and had Legion/other cronies also utilize their upper tier then you would have actually enjoyed some decent parity in numbers (if not warchests/fighting ability). Sure, you would have lost, but MK and Umb wouldn't still have dozens of nations above 100k. They would have taken notable damage and it could have become an almost Pyrrhic victory for DH. Instead you let yourselves get slaughtered piece-meal. Well faced with a gigantic horde, its usually best to match it with a gigantic horde as well or as close to it as you can get. Sending 9 waves of 10 soldiers to fight a group of 90 soldiers isn't a winning strategy. The 90 soldiers vs. the 100 soldiers might have actually done some damage, but the 9 waves will each get individually swarmed and slaughtered with minimal damage to the 100. Have fun

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1304835939' post='2708413']
*slow clap*

And so the 2nd wave of NPO upper tier comes out. Now once again you're outnumbered in the upper tier and are going to get thrashed. Amusingly enough if at the very onset of the war you had simply used your entire upper tier to engage Doomhouse and had Legion/other cronies also utilize their upper tier then you would have actually enjoyed some decent parity in numbers (if not warchests/fighting ability). Sure, you would have lost, but MK and Umb wouldn't still have dozens of nations above 100k. They would have taken notable damage and it could have become an almost Pyrrhic victory for DH. Instead you let yourselves get slaughtered piece-meal. Well faced with a gigantic horde, its usually best to match it with a gigantic horde as well or as close to it as you can get. Sending 9 waves of 10 soldiers to fight a group of 90 soldiers isn't a winning strategy. The 90 soldiers vs. the 100 soldiers might have actually done some damage, but the 9 waves will each get individually swarmed and slaughtered with minimal damage to the 100. Have fun
[/quote]

depends on what you send the 9 out armed with really and what your goal is.

*slow clap*

[/quote]
Think of it as having a superior infantry corps and utilizing the small amounts of cavalry to go out in waves and keep the infantry alive.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304818389' post='2708300']
Well, the guilty parties usually take offense first....
[/quote]
I dare say they do, care to put a name to that or are you going to continue to dance around a suggestive accusation Haflinger-style?

Did MK already break the rules? 18k & 19k NPO nations under attack from MK nation

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=168379&Extended=1

[img]http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3228/mkwars.png[/img]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1304844474' post='2708457']
Did MK already break the rules? 18k & 19k NPO nations under attack from MK nation

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=168379&Extended=1

[img]]http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/3228/mkwars.png[/img]
[/quote]

The war is not limited in NS range, only in time.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1304844948' post='2708458']
The war is not limited in NS range, only in time.
[/quote]
Ok, I assumed only the 1.8m NS mentioned were going to be fighting.

[quote][b]--2b. The NS values used will be those at the signing of this document.[/b] [/quote]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304811856' post='2708258']
Fun fact: If any of those top 18 nations get into a nuclear war 6 days of nuclear war will put them at higher casualties than most people here.
[/quote]

Funny fact: this just proves that they never fought an war.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1304811939' post='2708259']
Yeah this is pretty much it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1304812769' post='2708267']
Don't forget:

4- Declare on alliances and then hope they scramble to send every single nation that's within range into peace mode.
[/quote]

Curbstomps are very dangerous wars... :awesome:

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1304813069' post='2708272']
Good job staying on topic as always Death.
[/quote]

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304813781' post='2708282']
D34th, you of all people should know some of these 'elite' alliances have made a CAREER out of jumping from side to side to save infra. That and making very retarded "i wont nuke you if you dont nuke me" promises
[/quote]

I know, but pointing this and then seeing all the anger replies sounds like fun.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1304814765' post='2708285']
Funny thing D34th is, I remember being pretty involved in a war as a damage sponge for all intents and purposes until our allies had peaced out with your alliance, so not sure why you're pinning that on us.
[/quote]

[quote name='FreddieMercury' timestamp='1304814926' post='2708287']
Yup, TOP was a much more fearsome alliance at their stats peak. Umbrella was like the smaller brother who didn't come close.
[/quote]

How much real wars had TOP fought before the war against CnG? If your memory is short enough to forgot them asking Echelon to not nuke them isn't my fault.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304823135' post='2708322']
You also have more casualties than 19 nations out of NPO's top 20. What exactly is your point? Since when did you become a standard for reference on casualties and nation sacrifice?

But just because you're an ass, I have about 3 times your NS and more or less the same casualties you do. And there's plenty more members of Umbrella like that. So yeah, we suck, completely.

To NPO, thanks and have fun :)
[/quote]

Your angey post, you who is an good example of someone who leaves an alliance to join a safety one, just make my point stronger.
[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1304823208' post='2708323']
Hey bro, have you [i]seen[/i] his scars and beholden his commitment?

unreal dog
[/quote]

Oh emo jokes, how original :v:

--------------------------

Achievement unlocked...

Complain as much as you want, that will not hide the fact that your nations are big not because you are geniuses of nation building, but you are just an agglomeration of cowards infra lovers nations rulers that chose an AA who has as then main objective save your infra/tech. I laugh every time that I remember some of you making funny of me because when VE declared war I was in peace mode.

Let's whining begin...

edit: added replies to almost each poster.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304845482' post='2708462']
Achievement unlocked...

Complain as much as you want, that will not hide the fact that your nations are big not because you are geniuses of nation building, but you are just an agglomeration of cowards infra lovers nations rulers that chose an AA who has as then main objective save your infra/tech. I laugh every time that I remember some of you making funny of me because when VE declared war I was in peace mode.

Let's whining begin...
[/quote]
We pre-emptively declared on an alliance in this war and declared using a non-chaining MDoAP when a chain wasn't there in the last war. Yep, we're clearly war-dodging infra-huggers. In fact we're so keen to protect out infra and tech that we insisted NPO upper tier nations come out and fight us for three weeks in order to get peace.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1304845928' post='2708464']
We pre-emptively declared on an alliance in this war and declared using a non-chaining MDoAP when a chain wasn't there in the last war. Yep, we're clearly war-dodging infra-huggers. In fact we're so keen to protect out infra and tech that we insisted NPO upper tier nations come out and fight us for three weeks in order to get peace.
[/quote]

First fact: You declared using no treaty, it was just an opportunistic move.

Second fact: Your side declared war just because you knew that you won the war even before it begun.

Third fact: You asked NPO to leave peace mode just because you had an enormous advantage in the upper tier

The whining continues...

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1304846783' post='2708469']

Second fact: Your side declared war just because you knew that you won the war even before it begun.

Third fact: You asked NPO to leave peace mode just because you had an enormous advantage in the upper tier

The whining continues...
[/quote]

You say this, but from what I'm reading you're the one that is doing the biggest amount of whining and crying in this thread. Good job, keep up the sterling work.

I am Polar, see my scars and behold my crying.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[/quote]
Regardless of the reasons why, surely if we were just interested in protecting infra and tech we would shy away from war at all costs rather than starting wars?

[quote]Second fact: Your side declared war just because you knew that you won the war even before it begun.[/quote]
Not sure which war you're referring to here, but Umbrella has been involved in the initial stages of the last two major wars. Regardless of whether or not the outcome could have been predicted at those stages an alliance just interested in self-preservation would surely wait until as late as possible to get involved, whether the thought winning was inevitable or not.

[quote]Third fact: You asked NPO to leave peace mode just because you had an enormous advantage in the upper tier[/quote]
Advantage or not, every nation at war will potentially take a nuke every day. Wouldn't an alliance of cowards and infra-huggers want to avoid that?

[quote]The whining continues...[/quote]
And it will do as long as you continue to post ridiculous nonsense. Nice work trying to discredit counter-arguments to your rubbish by calling it whining though.

Edited by Kowalski

*slow clap*

[/quote]
I hope that this is a lesson that is learned instead of trying to adopt a "peace mode strategy" in an attempt to cause the war to take longer while leaving your mid and lower tiers to be decimated.

There was never any chance of getting near parity in upper-tier numbers, unless Doomhouse decided to not call in its assorted allies (and they did call them in). Even with those kept busy by wars against Polar's allies, there was still a large gap, primarily thanks to TOP. When you account for ability, tech and warchests, that gap is only increased.

You can, I suppose, make an argument for attempting disproportionate damage by a smaller group, but it would always have remained 90 vs 200.

I know, but pointing this and then seeing all the anger replies sounds like fun.
------
Achievement unlocked...

Let's whining begin...

edit: added replies to almost each poster.
[/quote]

Hey death, what does this have to do with the OP exactly? I know you don't like Umbrella, and you'd love for a real opportunity to splurge about how much you hate us and all those crazy theories you have about us, but let's wait for the right time and the right thread for that hm? Whaddaya say lets try keep this on topic?

The whining continues...
[/quote]

You're the one who keeps complaining about us. What do we have to whine about exactly? We've just demolished NPO lower tier, and now we get to demolish a portion of the NPO upper tier. I have no issue with this, in fact I'm pretty pleased that our upper tiers get to finally have some fun(and I'm sure those infra huggers feel exactly the same)

No, the only whining you see is just our members coming to address your woefully misguided opinion of us. We could just ignore you and be done with it, but you shouldn't ignore your detractors, you should listen to what they're saying because sometimes they may actually have a point. Even if they are as dense as you.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Your angey post, you who is an good example of someone who leaves an alliance to join a safety one, just make my point stronger.
[/quote]

You have no idea what you're talking about. I've fought Karma against FOK, Bi-Polar against Umbrella, RoK and other 7 alliances (where I endured your scumbag treason) and I fought this war against Sparta and MHA. Nuclear war is something I don't fear nor have avoided ever. In fact I am back at it. This nation I am fighting is the 7th nuclear nation I fight this war.

As for TFD, I served it in Economic Affairs for 8 months, Foreign Affairs for 1 year and 2 months, in Senate for 1 year and 6 months and I was their Speaker for a year. I built their forums, I wrote their charter, their treaties and I counted their votes. To say I left them for safety after 3 years and 8 months of membership is, at the very least, dumb. My reasons for departure are related to not being able to respect what some members (namely Duncan King and a few others) made of it, a couple of internal conflicts and some more stuff that will be visible with time. In Umbrella I found a home with cool people who I like and respect and who value the effort I put into helping the alliance, as little as it has been.

Next time before you, or anyone as dumb as you, decide to use my membership as a sling weapon think first who I am and what you are not.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1304844474' post='2708457']Did MK already break the rules? 18k & 19k NPO nations under attack from MK nation[/quote]

Hey hey hey, no complaining about my war screen. I've been so lonely the last few weeks and so disappointed that the only thing that has attacked me have been little gnats with no cash on them. I mean you'd think that since they moaned about us being out of peace mode, they would bring their nations out as well.

Also a note to Doomhouse, next time be more patient and perhaps this would've been done a while ago. ;)