Official Notification

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1305091645' post='2710000']
They all had 25 nukes (or maybe 20 in the case of one or two, but I think all had a HNMS).
[/quote]

[quote]Since your nations aren't nuking every day either due to inactivity or running out of them because of SDI[/quote]

How can you be "running out of them" if you have 25 nukes?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305091845' post='2710002']
How can you be "running out of them" if you have 25 nukes?
[/quote]
If you're nuking 3 nations, that's an average of 6 a day (slightly more, actually, since the SDI blocks 60% and not 50%), then you buy back 2, so a net loss of slightly above 4. That will get you through 6 days of nukes. If you're unlucky, you get less.

Edited by flak attack

All this stat whoring is rather tiresome to read through, but yes, it is possible to gain land and tech in nuclear war if you have a significant advantage and your opponents are not turtling. I did so in BLEU war and Karma and broke even in Bipolar because Grämlins had a statistical and coordination advantage on our semi-active and largely untrained opponents. Considering how long it is since NPO's top tier fought a coordinated war, and how outnumbered they are, it isn't surprising if some of their opponents gain this war, if NPO are not turtling.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305025296' post='2709551']

You guys didn't pay attention to the effect of those terms I see. They were damaging.

[/quote]

I was the one of the people who were monitering the terms, and it did exacty what it was designed to do(even with the loopholes in the terms). The orginal terms were ALOT worse and atleast us in Kronos didnt feel they were deserved. At the time I dont think anyone had ever recieved terms limiting slot usage so we werent really sure how effective/harsh it would be, I still laugh at the people who thought that just because we didnt seek rep that they got white peace.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305082709' post='2709937']
No I just think that they are a pathetic alliance. They've fought less hard than we did in both Karma and Bipolar, and they were on the losing side, and perhaps in this war too (I'd have to look at the stats). When you get out of a war with a -13% loss when your friends are losing 70 or 80% plus, you aren't pulling your weight.
[/quote]
They've fought several losing wars for longer than you've ever fought a losing war.

It's a lot easier to fight a winning war than a losing one.

Meanwhile, they've never prosecuted a winning war for as long as you guys fought in Karma, Bipolar, and this war. Perhaps they simply aren't as vicious.

Plus I've heard tales of them not pulling their weight in this war either from people on your side and undermining your strategies. I'm not resenting that of course, but it's a sign of a pathetic alliance.
[/quote]
Yeah, I've never ever heard stories of anyone not pulling their weight that were full of crap.

You realize that you're basically saying "I hate them because I heard on the grapevine that some other people don't like them" right?

We weren't "forced" to fight in noCB either. We could have done what y'all did when NSO was attacked.
[/quote]
So are you saying that MK wanted that war then?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305323910' post='2711509']
Meanwhile, they've never prosecuted a winning war for as long as you guys fought in Karma, Bipolar, and this war. Perhaps they simply aren't as vicious.
[/quote]
You sure about that?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305323910' post='2711509']
They've fought several losing wars for longer than you've ever fought a losing war.[/quote]
When? Did they go on the offensive? Was most of their NS in war mode? Did they have all their slots filled or were they a secondary target for their opponents?

In noCB we fought for two weeks, when the average size of nations and warchests was much smaller, and almost all of our nuclear nations were fighting 6 wars, and lost around half of our strength.

[quote]It's a lot easier to fight a winning war than a losing one.[/quote]
It depends on who you are fighting. The months long fight against TOP was a very, very hard fight.

[quote]Meanwhile, they've never prosecuted a winning war for as long as you guys fought in Karma, Bipolar, and this war. Perhaps they simply aren't as vicious.[/quote]
Perhaps they haven't been in a winning war in years.

[quote]Yeah, I've never ever heard stories of anyone not pulling their weight that were full of crap.

You realize that you're basically saying "I hate them because I heard on the grapevine that some other people don't like them" right?[/quote]
I trust the sources that I've heard it from more than you.

[quote]So are you saying that MK wanted that war then?
[/quote]
Wanted noCB? We would liked to have not been so out numbered, but we were ready for and anticipating it, and had fun.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305325421' post='2711520']
In noCB we fought for two weeks, when the average size of nations and warchests was much smaller, and almost all of our nuclear nations were fighting 6 wars, and lost around half of our strength.
[/quote]

Well, Karma dragged on for 4 months, and Warchests did not change that terribly between October-April. Your war was certainly intense, but there are some effects of a prolonged curbstomp you just can't comprehend the damage of until you've been faced with one.

And as a sidenote, continuing to term that war "noCB" would kinda conflict with your arguments as to why [i]this[/i] war had a "CB".

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305352059' post='2711652']
Well, Karma dragged on for 4 months, and Warchests did not change that terribly between October-April. Your war was certainly intense, but there are some effects of a prolonged curbstomp you just can't comprehend the damage of until you've been faced with one.[/quote]
What you went through in Karma was undoubtedly harder. The comparison was to Legion's experience.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305352059' post='2711652']
And as a sidenote, continuing to term that war "noCB" would kinda conflict with your arguments as to why [i]this[/i] war had a "CB".
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/x2N3l.gif[/IMG]

Wow, nice1. Sure put MK in their place.

Edited by Banksy

When? Did they go on the offensive? Was most of their NS in war mode? Did they have all their slots filled or were they a secondary target for their opponents?
[/quote]
Karma. Yes, yes, yes.

[/quote]
You fought for two weeks, when the average level of tech was much lower, and consequently damages were much smaller and rebuilding much easier.

You didn't even have to take a single nuclear collection. Frankly, you fought about as hard as Invicta did in Karma. The main difference being that we were willing to continue fighting, and you just quit.

It depends on who you are fighting. The months long fight against TOP was a very, very hard fight.
[/quote]
Yes, that's because they actually had a high level of tech.

You still chose it, and you fought on from day 1 knowing what the final outcome was going to be.

Perhaps they haven't been in a winning war in years.
[/quote]
Sure, they're not in the Hegemony.

I trust the sources that I've heard it from more than you.
[/quote]
That's great for you.

Personally, the only stuff I really trust is the things that I was there for myself personally.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305371028' post='2711705']
Karma. Yes, yes, yes.
[/quote]
Legion's fight in Karma lasted about one week.

Edited by Lord Gobb

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1305354482' post='2711661']
Wow, nice1. Sure put MK in their place.
[/quote]

Don't forget it was you guys*, just a few weeks ago, who were stating 'even simply disliking someone is a CB'.

Don't back away now!

:awesome:

[size="1"]*A collective term to describe a majority of the posters in that thread on the opposing side of the conflict as us.[/size]

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305371028' post='2711705']
Karma. Yes, yes, yes.[/quote]
And they fought for about a week and lost less than 20% of their NS.

[quote]You fought for two weeks, when the average level of tech was much lower, and consequently damages were much smaller and rebuilding much easier.

You didn't even have to take a single nuclear collection. Frankly, you fought about as hard as Invicta did in Karma. The main difference being that we were willing to continue fighting, and you just quit.[/quote]
We were willing to continue fighting as well. If we hadn't been we would have never gone full nuclear (widely seen as suicidal at the time.) GR, the ally that we went in for, asked us to exit. Yes nukes did less damage, but we also had less to lose and smaller warchests to recover with.

Invicta in Karma: declared on April 23rd, exited on April 28th. That's 6 days of fighting.

[quote]Yes, that's because they actually had a high level of tech.

You still chose it, and you fought on from day 1 knowing what the final outcome was going to be.[/quote]
And they also had large warchests so that they could fight for months.

[quote]Sure, they're not in the Hegemony.[/quote]
And the fact invalidates your point.

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1305373593' post='2711712']
Don't forget it was you guys, just a few weeks ago, who were stating 'even simply disliking someone is a CB'.

Don't back away now!

:awesome:
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V6JO5.gif[/IMG]
woah, our whole position destroyed.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305393296' post='2711779']
And the fact invalidates your point.
[/quote]
Haflinger posts don't have a 'point.' They're a collection of sub-primal reactions to any particular word or phrase he vaguely disagrees with in a larger body of text.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' timestamp='1305522642' post='2712682']
I don't understand why you have shown pictures of the nations in peace mode. To prove that they left PM?
[/quote]

To prove that they had the requisite strength on that day. That way there can be no shenanigans like us Bulking them up or Doomhouse counting their NS [i]after[/i] they get attacked.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305522884' post='2712685']
To prove that they had the requisite strength on that day. That way there can be no shenanigans like us Bulking them up or Doomhouse counting their NS [i]after[/i] they get attacked.
[/quote]
Okay, thank you I would have never thought of that. Good luck rebuilding when this is all over NPO, I have a feeling it will be an impressive rebuild

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305522884' post='2712685']
[/quote]
You can look at individual nation graphs as well but one screenshot is easier.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1305536617' post='2712761']
Hey buddy, let's not say something we'd regret latter.
[/quote]

He hasn't said anything equally or more insulting in DH's direction in the past few months?