Calling all nominations for...

Ryuzaki

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301201138' post='2677908']
You may have a point if this were a vacuum, but you completely ignore the initial statistical bias. I noted you totaled the number of people nominated for each "side", but that was assuming one vote each. The numbers would shift dramatically if you counted total nominations per side including repeat nominations. Biased location from the outset and now a biased tally to count the weight of the initial bias.

Lies, damn lies, and then statistics......
[/quote]
I see what this is. You're just stuffing the ballot box so you beat me in Round 1 aren't you?

Edited by Duncan King

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1301097028' post='2676449']
+Zeke+, you have expressed that you don't want to sign up, and that you don't like the contest, can you please move on then and stop derailing the thread.
[/quote]

He's just making a late game run for the crown.

...right? I mean, people don't actually think like that, right? Right? :(

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1301248186' post='2678355']
Haf & alterego will go all the way. HoT, while strong, has only been up to par with the recent war. The first two brought !@#$posting to a whole new plateau across the past few years.
[/quote]
Do you forget the history? Come on, man. I know I was gone for 18 months but I have a lot of history behind me.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1301250677' post='2678378']...right? I mean, people don't actually think like that, right? Right? :([/quote]
The ringleader....

Yeah, there are people like me. People who remember waaaaaaay back to the early days and how you LUEsers really screwed the pooch and lost us a war we could have handily won. People who find the ways of your ilk repulsive and would like nothing better than to see you leave Bob.

I'm as serious as a heart attack, Archon.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1301236943' post='2678234']I see what this is. You're just stuffing the ballot box so you beat me in Round 1 aren't you?[/quote]
I didn't ask for the nomination, DK. I concede, default, disqualify, or whatever if it lets you move on if that makes you happy.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301260060' post='2678473']
The ringleader....

Yeah, there are people like me. People who remember waaaaaaay back to the early days and how you LUEsers really screwed the pooch and lost us a war we could have handily won. People who find the ways of your ilk repulsive and would like nothing better than to see you leave Bob.

I'm as serious as a heart attack, Archon.

I didn't ask for the nomination, DK. I concede, default, disqualify, or whatever if it lets you move on if that makes you happy.
[/quote]

You're right about what this contest is. It's yet another instance of MK and friends making fun of people they don't agree with. It's the same thing with the Worst Alliance Ever contest and I wager many other contests or threads or graphics on MK's forums or in their IRC channels that their victims never find out about. With this kind of attack, there are only really two thInge that you can do: give them what they want and take offense/attack back/let them get to you or don't let then get to you/don't give them what they want. What you are doing is the former. You're criticizing the Shrooms, which is what they want, and they're only going to knock you more. What I'm doing is not letting them get to me and taking my power back by enjoying the contest. Granted, I could just ignore them, which would accomplish the same thing as what I'm doing, but it's not as much fun.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301188063' post='2677673']
That spoiler was as I expected. All those obnoxious DH posters and almost none of them gathering more than a single vote. Remove those who recently fought affiliated with the Orders side and you would have a hard time finding more than a few with more than a single vote.

As fine an exercise in objectivity as I've ever seen. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Maybe they deserve fewer nominations? nah $%&@ that !@#$ we're biased.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1301261302' post='2678486']
You're right about what this contest is. It's yet another instance of MK and friends making fun of people they don't agree with. It's the same thing with the Worst Alliance Ever contest and I wager many other contests or threads or graphics on MK's forums or in their IRC channels that their victims never find out about. With this kind of attack, there are only really two thInge that you can do: give them what they want and take offense/attack back/let them get to you or don't let then get to you/don't give them what they want. What you are doing is the former. You're criticizing the Shrooms, which is what they want, and they're only going to knock you more. What I'm doing is not letting them get to me and taking my power back by enjoying the contest. Granted, I could just ignore them, which would accomplish the same thing as what I'm doing, but it's not as much fun.
[/quote]
Zeke is one of those guys that when confronted with the choice between laugh with the bullies and their games or avoid them, he fixed a bayonet instead. That is why we like him.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1301250677' post='2678378']
He's just making a late game run for the crown.

...right? I mean, people don't actually think like that, right? Right? :(
[/quote]

I nominate this guy.

It's hilarious that certain people believe this to be a worthless competition, but spend all their time here and elsewhere talking about it. If it's such a biased, terrible competition, why not just go and do something more productive with your time and ignore it? It's not like we're going to pay any attention to your nonsensical rants and take you off of the list of nominees.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301260060' post='2678473']
Yeah, there are people like me. People who remember waaaaaaay back to the early days and how you LUEsers really screwed the pooch and lost us a war we could have handily won.
[/quote]
That's an interesting theory, blaming one of the only two alliances on that side (the other being NAAC) that actually had a clue.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1301269383' post='2678602']
Zeke is one of those guys that when confronted with the choice between laugh with the bullies and their games or avoid them, he fixed a bayonet instead. That is why we like him.
[/quote]
Some might say he rolled the hard six.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1301271060' post='2678620']
It's hilarious that certain people believe this to be a worthless competition, but spend all their time here and elsewhere talking about it. If it's such a biased, terrible competition, why not just go and do something more productive with your time and ignore it? It's not like we're going to pay any attention to your nonsensical rants and take you off of the list of nominees.[/quote]
If it were merely worthless then I would find better things to do. But when I see your casual and flippant manner of malicious denigration of those who oppose you then staying here and calling a spade a spade is worth my time.

[quote]That's an interesting theory, blaming one of the only two alliances on that side (the other being NAAC) that actually had a clue.[/quote]
Please stop talking like you saw what really happened. I was there. Every time someone tried to organize a coherent strategy you were lucky to see LUE even show up. When they did they didn't take it seriously and when they go butthurt for not being allowed to play like they liked they went off and LUEicided, which merely enraged Pacifica more. If WAE actually stood for Worst Ally Ever, then LUE qualified for a top seed.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1301269383' post='2678602']
[/quote]

Well, punching their lights out is always a possibility, true; however, in this case, it's going to get him higher in the poll which seems to be the opposite of what he wants.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301275301' post='2678657']
If it were merely worthless then I would find better things to do. But when I see your casual and flippant manner of malicious denigration of those who oppose you then staying here and calling a spade a spade is worth my time.
[/quote]
The problem with your stance here is the lack of a political agenda in this competition. If it was being run by MK for the purpose of trashing their political opponents then sure, I could see your point. However, if you had had a look for yourself, you would have seen that nominations were put in by people from all across the CN political spectrum. Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of those nominations were not done along political lines but were simply recognitions of people's terrible posting, regardless of whether they're on the same general side or not. With the large numbers of nominations garnered by the forerunners it would seem to suggest there is a certain consensus about posting skill that transcends the political divide.

As an example, in my nominations I chose two 'on my side', 3 'on the other side', 2 fence sitters, and 1 that no longer plays (I think). If I'd gone back to round out my 10 I would have added the_rebel and KDII, so all in all it's a pretty even spread. And it's the same case with the rest of the nominations. So in that context, this half chicken-little/half boy-who-cried-wolf performance you're putting on here is doing nothing but make you look ridiculous. It's certainly not helping you in whatever you're trying to accomplish.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1301287866' post='2678841']
The problem with your stance here is the lack of a political agenda in this competition. If it was being run by MK for the purpose of trashing their political opponents then sure, I could see your point. However, if you had had a look for yourself, you would have seen that nominations were put in by people from all across the CN political spectrum. Furthermore, the overwhelming majority of those nominations were not done along political lines but were simply recognitions of people's terrible posting, regardless of whether they're on the same general side or not. With the large numbers of nominations garnered by the forerunners it would seem to suggest there is a certain consensus about posting skill that transcends the political divide.

As an example, in my nominations I chose two 'on my side', 3 'on the other side', 2 fence sitters, and 1 that no longer plays (I think). If I'd gone back to round out my 10 I would have added the_rebel and KDII, so all in all it's a pretty even spread. And it's the same case with the rest of the nominations. So in that context, this half chicken-little/half boy-who-cried-wolf performance you're putting on here is doing nothing but make you look ridiculous. It's certainly not helping you in whatever you're trying to accomplish.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Sort of the same for me, but I chose a few on the "other side," just to round things out. But honestly some of the worst are on our side, unfortunately.

Not that the other side doesn't have terrible posters. Lord knows they do. I think that terrible posters just come out to shine more when they're on the losing side. When MK/VE/Co. are on the downside, I know their idiots will shine the brightest. But yeah, the competition is not really that biased. Everyone nominated and in the running pretty much deserves to be there. You've all earned it. Be not proud.[/color]

If it were merely worthless then I would find better things to do. But when I see your casual and flippant manner of malicious denigration of those who oppose you then staying here and calling a spade a spade is worth my time.[/quote]
I am glad we all have an appreciation for calling a spade a spade. Oh, look, there you are, high on the list of nominees.

I also rather enjoy the fact that our 'casual flippancy' can provoke such a lengthy tirade! Such little effort for such incredible returns.

Please stop talking like you saw what really happened. I was there. Every time someone tried to organize a coherent strategy you were lucky to see LUE even show up. When they did they didn't take it seriously and when they go butthurt for not being allowed to play like they liked they went off and LUEicided, which merely enraged Pacifica more. If WAE actually stood for Worst Ally Ever, then LUE qualified for a top seed.
[/quote]
Let me hit you with some knowledge. The only place you ever were was in the same place you are now: your own little sandbox of irrelevancy. The reason you have such a gross misunderstanding of history in those upper levels of The League is simply because you were never deemed worthy to be included.

No such coalition would have existed on that side of the web if it wasn't for LUE and NAAC, as it was myself and Krobzy of NAAC that spearheaded the initiative. When ODN and Legion pulled out of the nascent Spectrum Defense Accords, The League was worked on as a second best alternative. Second best because it had more influence from objectively terrible alliances such as CDS, CK's GATO, and eventually BTA and OIN. The only strategic discussions LUE was ever absent from were those that became a circlejerk of intellectually-bereft myopics such as yourself, which would regularly spout off [i]great[/i] ideas such as signing anti-nuclear pacts and squandering every advantage we had in an effort to pander to Legion and ODN.

And LUEicide? Ha. LUEnited Nations purposely sacrificed itself in the Second Great War (it was the only method through which other League members could gain peace). It did this so that jokes like yourself might have some time to get your !@#$ together before the inevitable Third Great War where The Initiative would hunt down the incredibly naive ODN and Legion. As for the Third Great War, we entered to defend you hopeless lot after only having a short break from our extended version of the Second Great War, breaking surrender terms to do it.

Get your facts straight.