Calling all nominations for...

Ryuzaki

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1301188457' post='2677685']
I got at least 6 votes, I'm flattered I annoyed MK and crew so much. Nominations are closed but my own personal list would have been

BenPG
Chris Kaos
Kevlar
Janax
Carter
Ardus
Lebubu
Arcades57
Zhadunun
Alyster

They're probably tallying the votes now.
[/quote]

At least you aren't still butthurt because we are objectively better than you and yours in almost every way, shape and form. We are also still too cool for school.

As to bias, if anyone can point out someone in my nominations that is NOT a bad poster, and someone deserving of being nominated, you can call me on it:

Alterego
Haflinger
LittleRena
HeroOfTime
Maelstrom Vortex
Penkala
DictatorDan
the rebel
avenger218 (with a bullet)
Pmoses

Not only did I not think too far outside the box and went for easily some of the worst, I nominated someone from my own alliance and an ally. They are, however, terrible enough to deserve a mention.
I pretty much went with low hanging fruit, except for PMoses, but apparently his meltdowns during the Exodus-Sparta part of the war weren't enough of a resume to get him in. Maybe next year

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1301293010' post='2678907']
-lots of self important words-

Get your facts straight.[/quote]

You mean like the fact your crew refused to show up and organize proper attack groups or coordinate aid trains?

You mean like the fact that GOLD noted the complete absence of your troops' participation and decided to bail at a critical juncture in frustration?

No, you weren't sacrificing yourselves in some chivalrous way. The term LUEicide didn't come from the end of that war. It came from before the war when your crew would go nuke rogue on figureheads at a time when that was against universal convention. All it did was antagonize them and help them drum up support and sympathy. It is supreme irony now that your unacceptable actions these days are having the same results on public opinion.

Yes, two alliances in that war managed to show up to fight. Yes, one was NAAC. No, the other wasn't LUE.

Keep telling me how important you were when you couldn't even finish off your opponent in that war when I did. [b]It's all just words until you can take care of business.[/b] We finished off our opponent and were ready to roll into the next crew until we realized how bad you had botched your front. NAAC was holding on and our addition could have tipped the balance. To what point though? Your side of the line was utterly broken. You couldn't take care of your assigned task.

Yes, tell me again how important you were. You were a plotter and a schemer. I was a fighter. I fought until I won my front. You plotted and schemed us into losing that war.

You really have no clue what you're talking about, which is evident from the complete lack of any proof throughout your post (not to mention a hell of a lot of confusion about what actually occurred).

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1301357434' post='2679480']
You mean like the fact your crew refused to show up and organize proper attack groups or coordinate aid trains?[/quote]
That occurred primarily on an intra-alliance basis, rather than inter-alliance, given the way that the war snowballed: GOONS attacks on Fark -> LUE attacks on GOONS -> GOONS + NPO attacks on LUE -> idiotic declaration by GATO et al on the entirety of The Initiative. LUE nations were mainly fighting alongside other LUE nations, with occasional coordination with GATO and NAAC (mostly the latter, due to the similarity between NAAC and LUE's NS distribution of the time, and GATO not understanding the word 'coordination).

You mean like the fact that GOLD noted the complete absence of your troops' participation and decided to bail at a critical juncture in frustration?[/quote]
Oh, please. I'd be surprised if GOLD even knew what a 'troop' was. That piss-poor excuse for an alliance was at the forefront of many of the terrible discussions within The League, and their decision to 'bail' had more to do with their own misguided view of Cyberverse politics than anything else. The fact that you think it had to do with military coordination - from LUE or anyone else - is demostrative of your complete lack of understanding of history. Despite what former members might like to say about themselves now, GOLD was the single [i]worst[/i] performing alliance in The League, something I'm sure could be corroborated by their opponents.

No, you weren't sacrificing yourselves in some chivalrous way. The term LUEicide didn't come from the end of that war. It came from before the war when your crew would go nuke rogue on figureheads at a time when that was against universal convention. All it did was antagonize them and help them drum up support and sympathy. It is supreme irony now that your unacceptable actions these days are having the same results on public opinion.[/quote]
Yeah, see, I thought this might be the case. That is, you not knowing what the hell a LUEicide is. I assumed you were talking about the Second Great War (it's hard to keep up with your nonsensical rants; they jump all over the place with little warning). This is funny, really. Trying to educate someone that has been a LUEser since 2001 about what constitutes a LUEicide. In terms of the Cyberverse, it was popularised by Yaridovich in the beginnings of the First Great War. Very few were seen after that, and no, going rogue is not a LUEicide. It's just going rogue.

Your comments here about antagonising NPO et al really does explain a lot, though. People such as yourself - running rampant in alliances like CDS, GOLD, etc. - were consistently walking on egg shells and going to every effort to see who could be the biggest appeaser of The Initiative. Mean while, people that did not actually have their head in the sand realised that The Initiative's growth was severely out-pacing that of The League's, and we would need a war sooner rather than later if we wanted to win. When we finally got that war, with an advantage in numbers and nuclear weapons, the fantastic strategy coming from GOLD, CDS and (some of) GATO was that we should not use nuclear weapons in case it might offend Legion and ODN (who were committed to staying out of the war anyway). Oh, but the conventions!

Yes, two alliances in that war managed to show up to fight. Yes, one was NAAC. No, the other wasn't LUE.[/quote]
Okay, we'll ignore facts like how LUE put every single GOONS target they engaged in the first night of the war in anarchy, and continued to fight quite admirably over a far longer duration than any other League alliance. No, LUE's coordination in that war was not perfect, but nor was anyone else's, on either side (for example, people like Dilber will tell you that Pacifica performed terribly in GW2 compared to other conflicts).

Keep telling me how important you were when you couldn't even finish off your opponent in that war when I did. [b]It's all just words until you can take care of business.[/b][/quote]
what

Tell me, what opponents did you 'finish off' for me? It'll be interesting to see if what you say matches up with anyone I did actually fight.

We finished off our opponent and were ready to roll into the next crew until we realized how bad you had botched your front. NAAC was holding on and our addition could have tipped the balance. To what point though? Your side of the line was utterly broken. You couldn't take care of your assigned task.[/quote]
Here's another little test. Provide some more information here. And I mean something based in reality, not whatever you choose to pull out of your ass this time. Again, what opponent did you 'finish off'? What front did LUE 'botch'? What front was NAAC on that was apparently different than the LUE front? What 'side of the line' was broken?

Yes, tell me again how important you were. You were a plotter and a schemer. I was a fighter. I fought until I won my front. You plotted and schemed us into losing that war.
[/quote]
pro-tip: I wasn't in government at the time of the Second Great War. The only two wars I plotted anyone in to while in LUE was the LUE/NPO vs ICSN war, and the First Great War.

So, again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Overall, Zeke, nothing has changed for you over the years. You were irrelevant then, you are irrelevant now. Rather than crusading against this competition, you should relish it, for it is the only type of attention you will ever be worthy of.

Edited by Denial

Denial covered most everything, though it is amusing to think that some thought the League forums were even remotely utilized for actual meaningful discussion. #therock was where it was at, generally. (ibbrospostingairmelogs)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1301292584' post='2678902']
[color="#0000FF"]Sort of the same for me, but I chose a few on the "other side," just to round things out. But honestly some of the worst are on our side, unfortunately.

Not that the other side doesn't have terrible posters. Lord knows they do. I think that terrible posters just come out to shine more when they're on the losing side. When MK/VE/Co. are on the downside, I know their idiots will shine the brightest. But yeah, the competition is not really that biased. Everyone nominated and in the running pretty much deserves to be there. You've all earned it. Be not proud.[/color]
[/quote]

You are a GOONS member now. The terms "other side" and "our side" have switched. You so silly, RV.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1301375234' post='2679701']
Polls are open.
[/quote]
I won before this even started. Close the polls send the tally persons home, if they cant get home tonight let them sleep over and have a banana for breakfast.

-winning

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1301389944' post='2679804']
I won before this even started. Close the polls send the tally persons home, if they cant get home tonight let them sleep over and have a banana for breakfast.

-winning
[/quote]

You don't need to try to win this Alterego by trying to make your posts more terrible, you are naturally terrible in all levels. You got this is the bag son...

I prefer the conspiracy tin foil hat wearing Alterego over this new stupid and pointless rambling garbage, "[i]I'm trying to hard to win this[/i]" Alterego.. You disappoint.

I think its well known by now that saying things critical of MK & allies, or comments that make them look bad is considered bad posting. If you post enough comments critical of them they'll consider you a bad poster, as pointing out their severe flaws will hurt their fragile egos. Since they're used to spamming polls and feel better about themselves when putting others down, that they would hold competitions on worst posters and alliances to make themselves feel better by making themselves think those critical of them are all horrible posters isn't surprising. Its especially fun for them to do these types of competitions since they know other than MK members and allies, not enough care about these to try influencing the result. So them holding these circle jerks to make fun of those they don't like I guess is to be expected. Those who win I'd like to congratulate on managing to annoy a large enough portion of MK + allies for them to single you out, even if the contest means nothing and isn't meant to do anything more than make all the horrible posters in MK feel like there is someone worse than them (even if the winner is still a better poster than over 2/3 of the members of MK).

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301391058' post='2679810']Its especially fun for them to do these types of competitions since they know [b]other than MK members and allies, not enough care about these to try influencing the result.[/b]
[/quote]
This sort of comment is blatantly false, as a number of people who are at odds with us IC are still taking part.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1301393009' post='2679821']
This sort of comment is blatantly false, as a number of people who are at odds with us IC are still taking part.
[/quote]

Here's one who's not. If you had done this over the CN boards I might have, but putting it on a different board means the results are !@#$.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1301393009' post='2679821']
[/quote]
Only a very small minority of those who are at odds with you guys IC are taking part, the amount of votes they have compared to all the MK members along with your close allies already signed up on your board makes their participation irrelevant in determining the end result.

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1301394185' post='2679828']
Here's one who's not. If you had done this over the CN boards I might have, but putting it on a different board means the results are !@#$.
[/quote]

This is kind of tiring but we already explained why we picked our own boards instead of doing it here (freedom of speech, vocab' choice...). We also invited anyone to join us in order to make this as unbiased as possible. But you people decide to sit and moan while not participating. It's your choice. But, if you don't vote, you don't get to moan about the results.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1301390589' post='2679807']
You don't need to try to win this Alterego by trying to make your posts more terrible, you are naturally terrible in all levels. You got this is the bag son...

I prefer the conspiracy tin foil hat wearing Alterego over this new stupid and pointless rambling garbage, "[i]I'm trying to hard to win this[/i]" Alterego.. You disappoint.
[/quote]
I hope Ive ruined your day and hope to ruin more of your days to come.

-winning

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301395096' post='2679835']
Only a very small minority of those who are at odds with you guys IC are taking part, the amount of votes they have compared to all the MK members along with your close allies already signed up on your board makes their participation irrelevant in determining the end result.
[/quote]
And all these people that flat-out refuse to take part make this a self-fulfilling prophesy.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1301404349' post='2679908']
And all these people that flat-out refuse to take part make this a self-fulfilling prophesy.
[/quote]
I think my account there was banned or disabled last time I went there which was a long time ago, but I have no interest in going to MK's forum to take part in a contest made to single out the posters they dislike for a number of reasons, as they try to pass whatever label they put on them as official by letting others who want to visit their community to take part in such an activity with them vote if they've registered an account there. Whatever results come of this I see no reason to think of it as anything more than the opinion of MK with input from others who enjoy their type of humor and community.

I wouldn't care if I won this, as I don't think the results will reflect anything meaningful. Whoever wins I would just assume has been getting on MK's nerves the most lately with their posting, so most annoying poster for MK might be a more accurate title for the winner.

Edited by Methrage

Methrage, I think it's pretty obvious that the competition is far less biased than you think it is. I also think it's a bit absurd that you claim that the winner of the competition will be the one who gets on MK's nerves the most considering people from all over are participating in this.

You see, here's what I don't understand. If you think the competition is heavily favored to MK, and you are not participating because of that, then you must realize that by not participating, you are allowing it to be favored to MK. I'm not saying that's how it is; I'm just saying that's the loophole in your logic.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301447093' post='2680286']
I see no reason to think of it as anything more than the opinion of MK with input from others who enjoy their type of humor and community.
[/quote]

Wait... is it anything else? Did you actually think it was some official title or something? Maybe that your nation would get EZI'd because you won WPE? Or that your wonders would disappear because of it? It's just a friendly (as friendly as MK gets, I'll give you that) tongue-in-cheek competition.

Also, your account is intact: you're just not masked as a diplomat because, well, you're not one. We removed your last mask (NSO?) when you left your last alliance. And no, I don't want to get into a debate about KN's "allianceness" or not. So, if you change your mind, you know where to find us.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1301398465' post='2679858']
I hope Ive ruined your day and hope to ruin more of your days to come.

-winning
[/quote]

I liked your old gimmick of tinfoil hat conspiracies rather than trying to do a knockoff Charlie Sheen gimmick :-/

Ultimately, people will remember the former when it comes to this competition.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1301391058' post='2679810']
I think its well known by now that saying things critical of MK & allies, or comments that make them look bad is considered bad posting. If you post enough comments critical of them they'll consider you a bad poster, as pointing out their severe flaws will hurt their fragile egos. Since they're used to spamming polls and feel better about themselves when putting others down, that they would hold competitions on worst posters and alliances to make themselves feel better by making themselves think those critical of them are all horrible posters isn't surprising. Its especially fun for them to do these types of competitions since they know other than MK members and allies, not enough care about these to try influencing the result. So them holding these circle jerks to make fun of those they don't like I guess is to be expected. Those who win I'd like to congratulate on managing to annoy a large enough portion of MK + allies for them to single you out, even if the contest means nothing and isn't meant to do anything more than make all the horrible posters in MK feel like there is someone worse than them (even if the winner is still a better poster than over 2/3 of the members of MK).
[/quote]

I post things critical of MK all the time, and as far as I know, I haven't been called a bad poster... yet...

I just think you're a terrible poster.

@all the ppl using the "There are people from other alliances so this is unbiased" line.

The polls in WPE right now have around 100 votes each, MK as an alliance has 160 members. ATM they might not be the only ones voting, but I'm guessing their dominating the votes well enough to decide just about any winner. When you take into account that after MK members, the next biggest group would be the MK friends and allies that are typically on those forums and think the same way on most thing, you really do have a small amount of people from other view points voting in that thread.

Also its pretty pathetic that in an ooc forum that people are claiming they have no bias. Every human being has bias. To say you don't have bias just shows how much you are letting your own bias dominate and cloud your way of thinking.