Three year anniversary

Usnflag2copy.png

From the desk of Camerontech

Three years ago, this alliance was founded. A breakaway group formed a maroon alliance to prosper and grow together, members since then have come and gone, some have come back, others have died and will never return. In that time, we have enjoyed great growth and prosperity, we've also had great setbacks, wars, fights and everything else one can imagine. In the next three years, we will go through much of the same. Life will go one for a United Sovereign Nation as it has for the last three years.

I come to you today as a democratically elected member of this government, for as alliance members our sovereignty is our most important state. The freedom to make our decisions, choose our own path and guide ourselves to what we think is best for this alliance is in essence, our raison d'etre. Without our sovereignty, we are nothing. Besides our freedoms, our most important concern as an alliance has been keeping our word. We are not an alliance who signs pieces of paper out of self interest, we believe such actions do more damage to ourselves than good. We honour our agreements to the word, that has already been proven in the NoVision war and we are constantly ready to repeat those actions.

20081230043146!Usnflag.png

The duty of a transparent and elected government to do it's job with the focus of the alliance is difficult, but it has been done for three years. With the odd coup attempt, the government of the alliance has been solid in securing the sovereignty of the alliance. But once again, we find ourselves under different pressures, we find the outside world is trying to influence our path and decision making. Our foreign policy and our military organization, among other things, are being meddled with by people who were not elected by the alliance. This, I believe, is a severe breach of our sovereignity and a major threat to our future. Some of these changes are being influenced by members of our own alliance, who seem to have grown more attached to a global ideal than to it's members.

These issues, although severe, are our problems and we will adress them amongst ourselves.

Usnflag.png

On the other hand, we also find ourselves constantly being threatened by individuals, alliances and groups, who seem to disagree with our ideals. Let me be clear to those people, and they know who they are. You will not influence us, you will not change us, everything that we do will come from ourselves.

When I re-joined USN two months ago, I came back to initiate a revolution of thought, to change the way USN members percieved the world, foreign policy and their allies. This will be an ongoing battle for me, one that will take much time and dedication, but in the end, whether I'm succesful or not, I'll know that the revolution happened from within, and that's the only way to earn it. I continue to encourage USN members to be vocal and to not be complacent, we must be constantly vigilant and aware of our surroundings. We must always keep our ideals and morals at the forefront of our decision making. In this thread, just like any other, I encourage them to post and comment their thoughts.

These individual forces that continue to try to change and influence us, do so behind the cover of their alliances and use the fact that they were ex-members, or ex-allies to try to sound like their reasoning should be heard. They've attempted coups, an attack on our forums, insulted us and tried to infiltrate our ranks to overthrow governments. We must be clear, we will not allow anyone to threaten our sovereignity and our way of life, any attempt at it will fail and will be met with a stronger resolve than before. To the others who hold no personal ill will towards us but hold alliance grudges, do not be blinded by your hate. Those individuals looking to influence USN, they are using you to acheive their scheme.

One such member has gone as far as spreading rumours of our destruction recently, he's used every tool available to him and now threatens us once again. It's become redundant and we're tired of hearing it. Many of the alliance members have learned to ignore him, but I will not.

The Brain Alliance, you hold within your ranks a member who is trying to destroy us. He is currently initiating a plan to subvert our elected government, I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act. Although we have no plan to directly attack the Brain at this time, we are prepared to defend ourselves to the fullest extent.

Do not let this be a stumbling block between our two alliances.

On behalf of the Alliance Council

Camerontech

tl;dr

we're three years old, we won't let anyone not let us live another three

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on 3 years and may you deal with the issues at hand in a manner that befits the reputation of the USN.

Wow dont know whether that is a good way or a bad way

Good to see USN still going strong, though i feel it is a shell of what it once was. Hopefully they will find there place again and return to the unwaivering friend many once respected and loved.

Threatening alliances. Lovely behavior USN.

Edit: Congrats on three years however.

You'd issue a warning too if you saw an alliance harboring those that actively sought your alliance ill. To claim otherwise would be laughable, at best.

The fact that USN was courteous enough to give a warning rather than simply acting on impulse is a show of restraint that a fair number of alliances would not do.

Well Cam, first of all let me say congratulations on the celebration of your three year anniversary, though I had been under the apparently false impression that it was next week. I've watched USN mature essentially since the beginning (our own 3 year is coming up shortly), and we've been through a lot together, good and bad. I know our alliances are going through a rough patch in relations, but it is my sincere hope that the internal reinvention you are aiming to spearhead is successful and that we can put the various recent differences we've had to rest in the future.

That being said, I think that even knowing the actions of the member you speak of, the threats against The Brain are highly inappropriate. You say you won't let anyone not let you live another three years, but does that include yourselves? As things stand absent this ominous warning, I see no reason why USN can't live indefinitely in relative peace and harmony, as I know is your want. I can only recommend and hope that you guys will continue to take the path of reason and dialogue as opposed to any overly aggressive actions against a fellow Maroon alliance, as I'm sure the alternative is too distressing to contemplate on a team that normally prides itself on unity.

tl;dr: Best wishes on your birthday from an old Marooner, please don't spoil the occasion for all of us on the team. :)

Edit: sp

Edited by Benjamin Arouet

I have had ties to the USN since way back - the USN was there for me when I was a wee, crying little baby of a nation. Now here I am, going on my own third year in the game, and my alma mater is turning three. Let me first say congratulations. Cam - I've known you almost as long as I have known the USN, and I can think of no one better than you to lead USN back to its former glory.

/o Cam

/o USN

With that in mind, I would like to express some mild concern over your veiled threats on The Brain. You and I go way back, and I respect you. I respect your desire to defend your alliance at all costs, but I would call on you to also respect the maroon team, and to respect the fact that as much as you will not tolerate threats to your alliance, we hold the same values. I hope that the relationship between the Brain and USN is not further strained with unfounded accusations. Consider your options with care.

You just publically threatened an alliance with allies that are devoted to its protection and threw that into an anniversary announcement... wow.

You're right thedestro the USN isnt the same alliance Ragu left... but I wouldnt be so quick to point that out, its certainly nothing to be proud of.

Obligatory congratulations on your third birthday USN... may your fourth be a better one.

Edit: GRRRR grammer

Edited by KaitlinK

Haf:

The Brain Alliance, you hold within your ranks a member who is trying to destroy us. He is currently initiating a plan to subvert our elected government, I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act. Although we have no plan to directly attack the Brain at this time, we are prepared to defend ourselves to the fullest extent.

Do not let this be a stumbling block between our two alliances.

Hope that helps.

Congrats to USN. :wub:

As to the rest, if someone can point me out to the ultimatum in the OP, I'd be glad to see it, 'cause I don't.

I will go with this part right here...

I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act.

Also I could be wrong but is the USN allied to The Brain through a Maroon Pact? Seems like an odd diplomatic tactic to publically call out an ally over the possible behavior of one of its members.

I swear there is a CN meme for this...

I will go with this part right here...

Also I could be wrong but is the USN allied to The Brain through a Maroon Pact? Seems like an odd diplomatic tactic to publically call out an ally over the possible behavior of one of its members.

I swear there is a CN meme for this...

Brilliant political move? Lines being drawn? Who not?

I think all apply one way or another.

I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act. Although we have no plan to directly attack the Brain at this time, we are prepared to defend ourselves to the fullest extent.

I'm curious how loosely we are defining defend as a threat there? I'm willing to lend you my tinfoil hat if you need it.