Three year anniversary

I will go with this part right here...
I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act.

Also I could be wrong but is the USN allied to The Brain through a Maroon Pact? Seems like an odd diplomatic tactic to publically call out an ally over the possible behavior of one of its members.

Brilliant political move. Attacking your own allies over one member... rather daft, isn't it...

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Obligatory congratulations on your 3rd birthday, USN... may the 4th definitely be a better one.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just publically threatened an alliance with allies that are devoted to its protection and threw that into an anniversary announcement... wow.

You're right thedestro the USN isnt the same alliance Ragu left... but I wouldnt be so quick to point that out, its certainly nothing to be proud of.

Obligatory congratulations on your third birthday USN... may your fourth be a better one.

Edit: GRRRR grammer

And that is better than the private threats you're so fond of, how?

Now guys can't we be nice?

Good luck to USN, I can't agree with the method but I hope things are worked out. If you want an arbiter or someone to mediate some talks in private channels I volunteer. I would really like to see a bit of the maroon love return for USN and it will take a bit of work from both sides.

Also congrats on 3 years it is really quite the feat in CN :D

On behalf of the Alliance Council

Camerontech

tl;dr

we're three years old, we won't let anyone not let us live another three

I seriously query this bit until I see another AC post in here. I'm not even sure today is USN's anniversary, I thought it was next week, and I'm not alone in that thinking.

The problems with the rest of the post have already been pointed out, I dont think I need to say anymore than I already have on the subject.

MEP+Brainthreat+OWF+unqualifiedposting =/= good thread.

As the others said it, Obligatory Congrats on the 3 years.

However, and far from me the idea of telling you what to do, as well, you are your own entity (as is every other alliance) people and Alliances are allowed to have opinions, but "threats" in an anniversary announcement, really doesn't make the party sound FUN, anyone agree?

BTW... o/ Kait

The Brain Alliance, you hold within your ranks a member who is trying to destroy us. He is currently initiating a plan to subvert our elected government, I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act. Although we have no plan to directly attack the Brain at this time, we are prepared to defend ourselves to the fullest extent.

Do not let this be a stumbling block between our two alliances.

It'll be interesting to see what comes from this statement.

Little early arn't ya? USN was founded on the 29th of October :P

Congrats anyway, although the way I have seen things handled lately doesn't exactly make me as proud as I once was to be an former/founding member. There has definitely been some of that USN class lost over the years. To be frank I doubt it, but hopefully someday you can return USN to its former glory. I tried to bring about change when I re-joined too Cam, to also have a "revolution" of sorts, but I gave up when I found the spirit of the alliance and beliefs of democracy that once were, were no longer there, and people would not even bother questioning the status quo or question others agendas and motives. Perhaps you persistence will bring you better luck in rejuvenating this alliance.

As for the coup stuff, I feel this is much ado about nothing. there has been plan after plan to "subvert our elected government" since what, 2007? as far as I know never have the plans actually transpired and before such coups could even happen they were known about and measures were taken to prevent them.

I come to you today as a democratically elected member of this government, for as alliance members our sovereignty is our most important state. The freedom to make our decisions, choose our own path and guide ourselves to what we think is best for this alliance is in essence, our raison d'etre. Without our sovereignty, we are nothing. Besides our freedoms, our most important concern as an alliance has been keeping our word. We are not an alliance who signs pieces of paper out of self interest, we believe such actions do more damage to ourselves than good. We honour our agreements to the word, that has already been proven in the NoVision war and we are constantly ready to repeat those actions.

The Brain Alliance, you hold within your ranks a member who is trying to destroy us. He is currently initiating a plan to subvert our elected government, I give you a warning, if he is allowed to continue his behavior, we will be forced to act. Although we have no plan to directly attack the Brain at this time, we are prepared to defend ourselves to the fullest extent.

Do not let this be a stumbling block between our two alliances.

Also, and just a simple question, but... USN has been saying that they are sovereign and make their own decisions and yet you come out threatening another SOVEREIGN alliance (for one member, who supposedly doesn't like you, noone likes everyone I can assure you) for making what is its own decisions and that if this APPALLING display of not liking you keeps going you are going to persue this to the fullest extent, what gives?

Anyways, I know people dont like being hated (generally speaking, I do however enjoy it myself) but openly threatening an ally just doesnt seem... right...

Edited by Deathistan

Many thoughts come to mind when I read this. One of them being YAY for three years.

Then comes this "ultimatum" people are going on about. If one of my "allies" were to have a member among them trying to cause damage to my alliance with conspiracies and just all around annoying behavior I wouldn't stand for it. Allies are to be kind to one another even if they dislike each other. With that said I cant say I agree with a public statement like this but it is a far cry from what people make it out to be. I also challenge those claiming this to be such foul play to do better in a situation such as this.

First and foremost, I love the USN. The NAME. That name just gets me giddy with the thoughts of sailors and whatnot

Secondly, lovely, we made it to the third anniversary, I remember writing up the announcement for the last anniversary

Thirdly, HUZZAH RELEASE THE LAKE TROLLS

Fourthly, I'll be lurking, and I've been begun a blueprint on an angst powered tractor, fueled by what's to come in this thread

<3 USN, the alliance, of course

Edited by Svendonia

I love the outcry from bitter Monos Archein members. After the garbage they did to Echelon, you'd think they'd know not to throw stones at a glass house. Too bad they don't have to stay cute, I think they could use it.

Congrats to USN and to cameron in particular. I know you guys will solve this diplomatically.

Edited by The AUT

With that said I cant say I agree with a public statement like this but it is a far cry from what people make it out to be. I also challenge those claiming this to be such foul play to do better in a situation such as this.

What about if this was blown out of proportions? how would you react hrm? if these so called threats were nothing more than some bad blood between a few members act? or a member of one alliance went told a member from the other to go and... um "fornicate" with themselves... you make it seem as if this was really AMAZINGLY bad

I love the outcry from bitter Monos Archein members. After the garbage they did to Echelon, you'd think they'd know not to throw stones at a glass house. Too bad they don't have to stay cute, I think they could use it.

Congrats to USN and to cameron in particular. I know you guys will solve this diplomatically.

This would be a good example of "Bad Blood" should I hold it against his entire alliance? of course not, neither is he trying to tell us what to do with the whole... "stay cute" thing, we will not stay cute because you asked us to, we are Sovereign and stuff, thank you for your example, now go play with yourself, release some of that tension, it might bring back some of the blood flow to your brain :)

Have a Nice day :D

Edited by Deathistan

I must have missed where MA was messing with Echelon? I guess Caffine was KaitinK's best friend and showed it often?

The funny part? They used to be USN. They have every right to be bitter. Perhaps focus on individuals, not AAs.