Sandlot Declaration of War

Fort Pitt

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323588995' post='2873655']
Ok let me try this again though. People pick and choose which grudges to act upon depending how it helps them. There are several instances of this. Take for example last war. Nordreich and GOD have had a long standing feud. However, Nordreich chose to instead pursue a different grudge.

If grudges were not eclipsed by newer grudges, then you'd never have people like MK and BAPs, FARK and GOONS, and MK and NPO on the same side.

TL;DR:

You're an idiot.
[/quote]
This post wins the thread. :awesome:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323588648' post='2873645']
I find the whining over pre-empts etc here by XX and SF to be rather amusing, considering it was initiated in this war by FARK.
[/quote]

I'm more bothered by the fact that an alliance that was given peace (with a rather suspect lack of no-re-entry clause) has been attacked as a 'pre-empt' when it was given peace to begin with. In many ways, I truly cannot say I am *bothered* by CSN being attacked in the sense of the action its self. More so on the account of the aforementioned peace that was given; on a moral level it is a bit bothersome. As a previous poster said, this sets the idea of alliances wanting guaranteed protectorate status of those they peace with for the rest of a war.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1323587016' post='2873585']
You do realize this has always been the way R&R operates in a war...right...right?

R&R literally went 4v1 on UPN. You tell me what's worse.

EDIT: 4v1 not 3v1
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with guaranteeing yourself an advantage - no-one is going to deny preferring that - but activating multiple treaties to negate a target is [i]very[/i] different to launching two preemptive attacks (in three days) against one alliance who's agreed to stay out of the war and who has no allies able to commit 100% to their defence.

The context of the comment was fairly clear and to pretend otherwise is optimistic at best, especially given that RoK/DT/Legacy have actually forced people on [i]your[/i] side of the conflict to show some vague sense of sympathy for CSN in this thread.

How did DT manage to screw this up when so many people thought CSN needed to make up for their perceived wrong? Well played, guys.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1323589306' post='2873665']
I'm more bothered by the fact that an alliance that was given peace (with a rather suspect lack of no-re-entry clause) has been attacked as a 'pre-empt' when it was given peace to begin with. In many ways, I truly cannot say I am *bothered* by CSN being attacked in the sense of the action its self. More so on the account of the aforementioned peace that was given; on a moral level it is a bit bothersome. As a previous poster said, this sets the idea of alliances wanting guaranteed protectorate status of those they peace with for the rest of a war.
[/quote]
Not a bad idea. Perhaps something to the wording of "In the event of a unjustified, coordinated military attack on the X for this 3 month period, the Y will provide assistance."
You know, this may well be a precedent worth making. Kudos.

Normally I wouldn't be happy with someone who had peaced out being attacked again but this is an exception, since the first fight lasted less than a day, there was no no-reentry clause, and after the crap they pulled last war. They definitely deserved this.

Getting preempted twice in one war is pretty funny.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323589662' post='2873671']
Not a bad idea. Perhaps something to the wording of "In the event of a unjustified, coordinated military attack on the X for this 3 month period, the Y will provide assistance."
You know, this may well be a precedent worth making. Kudos.
[/quote]

lol, you're welcome.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1323589863' post='2873680']
lol, you're welcome.
[/quote]
Now that's out of the way, do you have any solutions for looking after newer alliances? Perhaps some sort of treaty in which a larger alliance would ensure the little one received guidance and defense? We probably need something like that as well.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1323589684' post='2873673']
Normally I wouldn't be happy with someone who had peaced out being attacked again but this is an exception, since the first fight lasted less than a day, there was no no-reentry clause, and after the crap they pulled last war. They definitely deserved this.

Getting preempted twice in one war is pretty funny.
[/quote]
Just desserts. There exists no statute of limitations on pigeons coming home to roost.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1323588233' post='2873635']
Well, we are all so clearly devastated - seeing as how we are constantly seeking the approval of every swinging stick on Planet Bob. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hey, I'm just stating the facts. If you're going to claim that no one is displeased by this, you probably shouldn't say it in the same exact thread where a number of people have in fact expressed displeasure. It just makes you seem ignorant and oblivious to the world around you is all.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1323589775' post='2873677']
good op.

the rest...i don't know. salty.
[/quote]

When I look at this declaration, all I can see is "Ragnarok has declared war on CSN." The disgrace is that it has come to former Superfriends fighting Superfriends. People have been talking about old grudges as of late. What of the old friendships?

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1323589997' post='2873684']
Now that's out of the way, do you have any solutions for looking after newer alliances? Perhaps some sort of treaty in which a larger alliance would ensure the little one received guidance and defense? We probably need something like that as well.
[/quote]
lol, that's normally arranged through archaic protectorates and PIATs. Alternatives are welcomed. :v

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1323590050' post='2873687']
Hey, I'm just stating the facts. If you're going to claim that no one is displeased by this, you probably shouldn't say it in the same exact thread where a number of people have in fact expressed displeasure. It just makes you seem ignorant and oblivious to the world around you is all.
[/quote]
I never claimed that no one was displeased by this, but I also never claimed to give a rip about the opinions of the detractors. The detractors opinions are noted and duly respected, albiet with certain reservations... :ph34r:

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1323590278' post='2873691']
When I look at this declaration, all I can see is "Ragnarok has declared war on CSN." The disgrace is that it has come to former Superfriends fighting Superfriends. People have been talking about old grudges as of late. What of the old friendships?
[/quote]

Do you even know why RoK left SF?

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1323590278' post='2873691']
[/quote]
Yeah it [i]is[/i] disconcerting. Dunno if able to get used to that. I know it is not much but i still do think a lot of you guys are great.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1323591329' post='2873706']
Do you even know why RoK left SF?
[/quote]
Not the time or the place for this, imo.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1323591406' post='2873708']
Yeah it [i]is[/i] disconcerting. Dunno if able to get used to that. I know it is not much but i still do think a lot of you guys are great.

Not the time or the place for this, imo.
[/quote]

im not bringin up the past just sayin everyhing about it sucks

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1323591854' post='2873718']
im not bringin up the past just sayin everyhing about it sucks
[/quote]
OOC: You can, like, go occupy Wall Street, like, and, like, sit around and !@#$%* and not bathe and stuff.

IC: I'm certain that it will all work out in the end, and everybody will be fine. TICN!

This is Cyber Nations. :)