A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300772528' post='2672992']
Man, I really need to stop, but I am arguing against multiple people when I post. :|
[/quote]
Just say you have better things to do and everyone bores you.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300768077' post='2672948']
I have no idea what the above quote post says, as I've apparently developed a taste for pre-claiming posts have no meaning or substance and don't actually argue any points as a method of sustaining my posting here at these forums. Should I partake in some form of heated debate, it would be best to step away from the conversation, because I don't actually have any conversational skills. I've learned a lot from what I've read on these forums and have adjust my personality to fit that of the typical OWF poster. I've developed a knack for posting replies longer than a letter-size document in order to aggravate as many posters on the opposite side as I can. If I don't have at least five people quoted in one of my posts, let me know. I will certainly have this remedied. If I ever lose my tendency to replace real words with lazy-man's slang, please let me know. I don't want to start sounding educated or anything while I debate people.

Thanks for listening, chef.
[/quote]

Well thank you for finally realizing you have no clue what you are talking about. Since it is apparent you refuse to answer my question or even acknowledge my points and actually refute them, I feel there is no need to continue this any further. If you wish to reply to any post of mine in the future, please bare in mind that if you attempt to play this little game again, then I will simply ignore your posts as they are utterly worthless and thus a waste of my time.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300772528' post='2672992']
Man, I really need to stop, but I am arguing against multiple people when I post. :|
[/quote]

Or you could, you know, talk about the actual terms offered instead of the rehashing the old "it was a preemptive attack" argument. It's not like your going to convince anyone on our side.

And responding to Avenger for those 20 odd pages is completely DoomHouse's fault. :P

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300769323' post='2672964']
No, I just have better things to do than to play with you goonies. Like watching TV.

Sorry, maybe we can arrange a play-date later this week. I just don't feel like it today.
[/quote]

Yeah GOONS. You're so irrelevant and meaningless, I'm going to take time and effort to tell you how little I care. Take that. See, if I cared I'd keep posting in...

oh wait.

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300775146' post='2673009']
Well !@#$, why did we need 128 pages to say that? lol.
[/quote]

The best part is, even the NpO DoW thread on TOP only made it to 40 something pages, and I thought that was a bawwww fest.

128 pages of pure, concentrated tears must be some sort of record.

edit: Oh $#@% son, I just pushed it to 129

/flex

Edited by berbers

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1300795910' post='2673088']
129 pages and not a damn thing have changed.........

I have to ask one question to everyone who has posted in this topic, does it make you feel better, I know posting in this topic makes me feel dirty and I like it
[/quote]
If your not part of the solution your part of the problem, i think this sums up almost every post,theres no right move for NPO to make either way ends with them taking a brutal beating, id probably just get it over with already if your waiting for the citizens and alliances of bob to get outraged and attack DH your wasting your time, no one cares enough about you to do anything about it, either that or we just like to watch we're kinda messed up in that way.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300796540' post='2673093']
If your not part of the solution your part of the problem, i think this sums up almost every post,theres no right move for NPO to make either way ends with them taking a brutal beating, id probably just get it over with already if your waiting for the citizens and alliances of bob to get outraged and attack DH your wasting your time, no one cares enough about you to do anything about it, either that or we just like to watch we're kinda messed up in that way.
[/quote]
They're not waiting for you to ride in on your white horse and save the day. They are adhering to a strategy which they, rightly or wrongly, think will produce the best results for them. So I'm really not sure what you're trying to say there.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1300797063' post='2673094']
They're not waiting for you to ride in on your white horse and save the day. They are adhering to a strategy which they, rightly or wrongly, think will produce the best results for them. So I'm really not sure what you're trying to say there.
[/quote]
im just asking what they think they will accomplish by drawing this out? one would think that they intend others to come to their rescue unless they belive that they can win this war as they are from this postion, while theres a chance they could do this its not likely so what is NPO staragey here? wait it out?

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300767186' post='2672929']
"Everything" isn't an example.
[/quote]

Everything is an example, why dont you go ask GOONies HQ what i think they have failed at in their history

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300768133' post='2672950']
No, it's a deflection.

So got any other examples? "Everything" is a pretty big dataset. I'd assume you'd have at least two dozen more examples.
[/quote]

Considering that i stated the "Everything" not HoT and ive already been over why GOONS fail in this world many times around here so if you dont know then ask Sardonic.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300798111' post='2673096']im just asking what they think they will accomplish by drawing this out?[/quote]
This big thread, contains the answer. I would think it would be self evident by now.

hint- Letum couple of pages ago explained our rationale well. As a small highlight-- there is no much point in peace, we as an alliance have this thing called backbone and are not willing to submit to any terms for war that is waged on us for nothing.
[quote] one would think that they intend others to come to their rescue[/quote]
Like, who? Seriously? GPA? There is nobody, and I dunno how we could think that or how could that be our rationale.
Peculiar.

Anyway, fascinating how this thread just keeps on going.

The only acceptable term is white peace to all. Anything less is to admit to the aggressors this is acceptable behavior. This cannot be allowed no matter the cost. If there is a war my alliance and allies can choose to make it last stand it is unequivocally this one.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1300799486' post='2673101']
This big thread, contains the answer. I would think it would be self evident by now.

hint- Letum couple of pages ago explained our rationale well. As a small highlight-- there is no much point in peace, we as an alliance have this thing called backbone and are not willing to submit to any terms for war that is waged on us for nothing.

Like, who? Seriously? GPA? There is nobody, and I dunno how we could think that or how could that be our rationale.
Peculiar.

Anyway, fascinating how this thread just keeps on going.
[/quote]
cbf loking for the post in question, either way if eternal war is what your going for best of luck but war can get stale for some so i guess loss of nations might play a bigger part then whatever you lose NS-wise as an Alliance maybe thats something you should consider assuming you havent already.

as for the allies part i guess thats been answered, still maybe if you made a GPA apology thread you could swing them your way?;)

tl;dr you'll pay heavily no matter your course of actions just be sure you can afford it before you choose it

I was counting on GPA coming to the rescue. 5 years of neutrality? Naw, "It was all a cleaver ruse", I thought. /s

What do we think we'll accomplish by drawing this out? Reasonable terms, ie White Peace. The "other side" got bored and needed a war to keep themselves from imploding, Stormsend said as much publicly. That, and their distrust of a growing Pacifica, is what lead to this war. Any terms that demand anything of us should not be accepted. I would much rather see what's left of my nation burn than give in to demands that make how this war started an acceptable part of the norm.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300800657' post='2673104']tl;dr you'll pay heavily no matter your course of actions just be sure you can afford it before you choose it[/quote]
I am fascinated you would say just that. Truly fascinating. Lets just say, we considered many things much more then you could even conceive, and we are quite happy with the course of our action. BR is more united then I ever saw it, leadership seem resolute.

By now, the attacking coalition pulled an act of pure aggression based on no CB and got away with it. Kudos for that to them. At this point this isnt geopolitic, NS, power politics or whatever. At this point it is about the most valuable commodity any alliance has. Its backbone, dignity. On some alliances this concept is lost, but not on New Pacific Order. Accepting any terms, or pre conditions from the opportunistic hate driven attacking coalition would be too much. Computing the rationale for their war, there also is no much point in peace anyway.

tl;dr- Thanks for your input, have a nice day.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300773501' post='2672997']
Well thank you for finally realizing you have no clue what you are talking about. Since it is apparent you refuse to answer my question or even acknowledge my points and actually refute them, I feel there is no need to continue this any further. If you wish to reply to any post of mine in the future, please bare in mind that if you attempt to play this little game again, then I will simply ignore your posts as they are utterly worthless and thus a waste of my time.
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't think you'd understand my post. That's okay. I prefer to debate people on my level. You can stick with the rest of the kiddies. When you develop the ability to communicate on your own without being a blatant clone of any other "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" mentally deficient, feel free to drop by. I'm here often.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1300798371' post='2673098']
Everything is an example, why dont you go ask GOONies HQ what i think they have failed at in their history

Considering that i stated the "Everything" not HoT and ive already been over why GOONS fail in this world many times around here so if you dont know then ask Sardonic.
[/quote]

It's entertaining to me that you think your posts have left an impression on Sardonic enough for him to have them burned into his memory. Here's a hint: he cares about your opinion. He'll get started on that book about you right after he's done curing hamster chlamydia. I swear, it's on his to-do list.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300800657' post='2673104']
cbf loking for the post in question, either way if eternal war is what your going for best of luck but war can get stale for some so i guess loss of nations might play a bigger part then whatever you lose NS-wise as an Alliance maybe thats something you should consider assuming you havent already.

as for the allies part i guess thats been answered, still maybe if you made a GPA apology thread you could swing them your way?;)

tl;dr you'll pay heavily no matter your course of actions just be sure you can afford it before you choose it
[/quote]
Ya know, when I first learned about [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory"]Pyrrhic victories[/url], I couldn't understand why people thought they were a bad idea. I think they are great. A perfect deterrent, far more than nukes can ever do. Based on the battle reports across the front, that seems to be how this war is heading. So, why are we still fighting? Well, worst case scenario, we drag DH (screaming and kicking) down into the abyss with us. Best case scenario, white peace.

Given that DH has repeatedly, and publicly, proclaimed that we are a permanent threat to them and they will attack us whenever we are vulnerable, we have no incentive to delay the inevitable. It ends here, for good or for ill. The die has been cast, and now we will just have to wait to see what the result is in a few months.

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1300802513' post='2673117']
Given that DH has repeatedly, and publicly, proclaimed that we are a permanent threat to them and they will attack us whenever we are vulnerable, we have no incentive to delay the inevitable. It ends here, for good or for ill. The die has been cast, and now we will just have to wait to see what the result is in a few months.
[/quote]

Don't get us wrong, Invicta, Legion and the rest of the happy gang are not a threat. Pacifica is.

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1300802513' post='2673117']
Ya know, when I first learned about [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory"]Pyrrhic victories[/url], I couldn't understand why people thought they were a bad idea. I think they are great. A perfect deterrent, far more than nukes can ever do. Based on the battle reports across the front, that seems to be how this war is heading. So, why are we still fighting? Well, worst case scenario, we drag DH (screaming and kicking) down into the abyss with us. Best case scenario, white peace.

[/quote]
A Pyrrhic victory is highly unlikely,the aid train will never end,and your tears will rain down from the heavens for us to bottle.
Don't be delusional NPO is the real threat you are just a cannon fodder Rectum Infectorum.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1300803257' post='2673119']
Don't get us wrong, Invicta, Legion and the rest of the happy gang are not a threat. Pacifica is.
[/quote]
Yes, but we have binding MDP's with Pacifica. And yes, your response is "just cancel on them". But threatening alliances with war unless they cancel treaties is something that another alliance used to do. One that had "karma" applied to it.

Ironic, though, that the alliances that fought against this [i]extortion[/i] are now doing it themselves, eh?