A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300339187' post='2667143']
[b]The play:[/b]

[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zuTXhNTlm2U/0.jpg[/img]

Once there was alliances so dumb they ran around yelling, "Everything must die." The end.
[/quote]

They're [GOONS] demanding a five act, twenty page Shakespearean play in addition to over 100 million in reps. The above won't cut it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300339022' post='2667135']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, I was the one who negotiated the final agreement. Are suggesting something? Would you like to come out and say to all of us what you are thinking?[/color]
[/quote]

You should have sticked to what me and Ashok told MK when they asked for reps.

To $%&@ off.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1300339300' post='2667145']
They're [GOONS] demanding a five act, twenty page Shakespearean play in addition to over 100 million in reps. The above won't cut it.
[/quote]

How the hell do you not get that reference? :huh:

I think that's all you need to give Dumbhouse honestly.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300339187' post='2667143']
[b]The play:[/b]

[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zuTXhNTlm2U/0.jpg[/img]

Once there was alliances so dumb they ran around yelling, "Everything must die." The end.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that appears to portray DoomHouse in a negative light.

The whole play thing is hilarious. If I have a abundance of free time, I would do it myself. I don't think I would be able to keep the negativity out of it though.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300339388' post='2667148']
How the hell do you not get that reference? :huh:

I think that's all you need to give Dumbhouse honestly.
[/quote]
Well, we offered to talk about the length of the play or the subject, but the very idea of any play whatsoever was just unacceptable to them.

It could be a three scene skit and they wouldn't take it.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300339515' post='2667152']
Well, we offered to talk about the length of the play or the subject, but the very idea of any play whatsoever was just unacceptable to them.

It could be a three scene skit and they wouldn't take it.
[/quote]
I guess I will have to accept that you don't have an explanation for the lack of clear logical reasoning in your position regarding peace mode differences between MK and NPO, correct?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300337601' post='2667065']
They didn't. We had a nation fly off the handle that cost us the demands.
[/quote]
We got 6 mill, we gave you 15 mill/250 tech. Don't lie.

Edited by youwish959

This is the weirdest announcement. It seems to be responding to decisions that haven't been made and actions that haven't been taken.

Also it's kind of hilarious to toot your own "we're so awesome" horn while trying to drive CoJ into the ground. If this announcement had some modicum of truth then everyone would be leaving without punitive terms.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1300338432' post='2667113']
Well in all honesty, the terms of 10 billion and 300k tech were considered fair and light by some on your side. You actually do need to specify situations like this when you want to demand erasing years of work from hundreds of players. If anyone could trust your word, you might have a better response. However you guys attacked completely unprovoked and have been changing your reasoning nearly every week. How we can expect a lasting peace when this very war was brought to us for the reasoning of "you're cowards" or "everything must die", how about "NPO is too big a threat".
[/quote]
I have never uttered the statements which you so eloquently stated. If you want to state things like, DH is "erasing years of work from hundreds of players," then you should consider why these rulers of nations would state as their reasons for ruling their respective nations. I also don't like how you state that we attacked "completely unprovoked." If you look at some logs I can post for you (as you did in one of your previous statements), it's quite clearly stated that you stated statements which provoked our (as you stated) attacks. A lasting peace is not to be expected with the attitude that your statements carry. Maybe you should think about how you state things.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300339075' post='2667137']
I never said you should ignore them. Unlike some people here I say exactly what I mean when I say it. I stated that you can not state that your side was the weaker one at the time of the declaration because that was not true. You also fail to mention that several of those MDP partners were otherwise engaged and that some of your partners went out of their way to attempt to coax and threaten them into staying out of the war, a failed tactic to be certain, but one that would have had some level of upper tier support and therefore some assumption that those numbers would not add onto the NPO side of the conflict.

If you are someone "in the know" within Doomhouse (and I have no idea if you are or not) and you are out here spouting that you went into this war with the [i]intention[/i] of being on the losing side then you are a strategic mastermind.

But that isn't the point you attempted to make. You stated that Doomhouse declared on NPO from an initial position of numeric inferiority and that is just a lie. It will always be a lie. You can't change that.
[/quote]

Let's recall the original point you were trying to make:

[quote]Also, if this would have been the initial declaration of war it would have received praise from me. I am all for a straight up fight. But it doesn't. It comes weeks into it after the combatants are set and several others have been freed up, undoubtedly to bring additional pressure into acceptance of these terms. After spending weeks getting prepared financially and militarily, with a clear statistical advantage, that's when this "enlightened" method of warfare comes up.[/quote]

A straight up fight is exactly what we were expecting. It is what should have resulted had it not been for your mass flight into PM. Arguing about who had more NS in the initial declaration will not change this fact.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300339670' post='2667156']
So if they don't accept it....it's FAN all over again. Karma did nothing it seems. <_<
[/quote]

Refusing to accept terms to end the war =/= eternal war.

They have been given a fairly clear way to end it. It's not reps or forced disbandment or eternal tech farm. It's on them to choose to accept or not.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300339670' post='2667156']
So if they don't accept it....it's FAN all over again. Karma did nothing it seems. <_<
[/quote]

No don't you see? It is [i]we[/i] that are prolonging the war because we won't accept the terms. Seriously, how many times does DumbHouse have to post the same thing over and over again for you.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1300339639' post='2667155']
Also it's kind of hilarious to toot your own "we're so awesome" horn while trying to drive CoJ into the ground. If this announcement had some modicum of truth then everyone would be leaving without punitive terms.
[/quote]
It's even more hilarious that you're accusing DH of tooting our own horn whilst defending CoJ, an alliance full of horn-tooters.

[b]To Ardus[/b]

[quote]
<Ardus[MK]> Y'all have, however, given me a say in peace terms by doing this, though, so I'll have to come up with something humiliating for Kevin.
<Ardus[MK]> :3
<Ardus[MK]> Eh, probably not humiliating. Just time consuming.
<Ardus[MK]> I'll see about getting him to provide a review and personal opinion of Gonzales v. Reich and its relevance to H.C.R.
<Ardus[MK]> Or something similarly beyond him.[/quote]

Are these terms for NSO still on the table?

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300337280' post='2667047']
I see, so even though the vast majority of those nations currently in peace mode have actually fought at some point in this war and statistically the percentages are more or less the same as MK's you somehow believe that your position in regards to "hiding in peace mode" is somehow superior because of the absolute value and not the relative value of the two components?

I am just trying to clarify the logic behind this position, since it doesn't make a bit of sense to me on the surface.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
Not a single NPO nation in its top 61 is in war mode (Bakunin appears to have made a brave strike into the fray. Kudos to him.) That is 4.2 million NS, not even continuing to the vast numbers hiding just below. MK's individuals are scattered about and inevitably emerge.

The numbers of concern are not of population but strength.

The simple fact of the matter is that more than "nipping a threat in the bud" more than "they were being kept in reserve" more than any reason that Doomhouse has given, the reason for this war was "we're bored." So, you got your war. Take the giggles you got and be happy.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='montypython' timestamp='1300339742' post='2667157']
I have never uttered the statements which you so eloquently stated. If you want to state things like, DH is "erasing years of work from hundreds of players," then you should consider why these rulers of nations would state as their reasons for ruling their respective nations. I also don't like how you state that we attacked "completely unprovoked." If you look at some logs I can post for you (as you did in one of your previous statements), it's quite clearly stated that you stated statements which provoked our (as you stated) attacks. A lasting peace is not to be expected with the attitude that your statements carry. Maybe you should think about how you state things.
[/quote]
While I'm sure mhawk is very sorry about hurting your feelings, the statement "Doomhouse attacked NPO unprovoked" is a factually true statement, unless you're working from a very strange definition of provocation ("existing" perhaps?).

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1300339898' post='2667162']
It's even more hilarious that you're accusing DH of tooting our own horn whilst defending CoJ, an alliance full of horn-tooters.
[/quote]
That totally addresses the point of my post. Well done! (this is sarcasm for the slower people in the audience)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1300337277' post='2667046']
Stop being lazy and go read them for yourself.

The notion that this war or any past war was conducted over a "nonCB" is retarded.
[/quote]
Funny thing is I happen to like TOP & FAN. To see 2 decent AA's drawn into Shamefulness with these Jerks is a shame. I believe in Honor and integrity to FAIL. I guess the Marine Corps just drilled it in so deep that it can't be shaken loose. You can give all the half twisted reasons you want. It don't get any clearer than, DH Attacks NPO, NPO's Allies DEFEND NPO, We use TACTICS[shame on us], DH/Friends are "NICE" to us and say they won't "MAKE" us pay reps, and I laugh at the sheer audacity that an Aggressor in the wrong should even ask for anything. You guys should be crawling back onto MK's lap and licking your wounds[and their Boots]. Good luck with trying to sell that Poison Punch to the rest of sane[and intelligent insane members of Bob].

[img]http://www.sofakingdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/halloween-punch-recipe.png[/img]

Edited by Judge X

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1300340122' post='2667168']
The simple fact of the matter is that more than "nipping a threat in the bud" more than "they were being kept in reserve" more than any reason that Doomhouse has given, the reason for this war was "we're bored." So, you got your war. Take the giggles you got and be happy.
[/quote]

Don't you see, Schatt? We're still giggling.

[quote name='Mofeta' timestamp='1300339776' post='2667158']
Let's recall the original point you were trying to make:

A straight up fight is exactly what we were expecting. It is what should have resulted had it not been for your mass flight into PM. Arguing about who had more NS in the initial declaration will not change this fact.
[/quote]
My initial point was never in question because it was correct.

Since we are going to play the "let's go back and look at first posts" game, let's take a look at yours and my initial response:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99990&view=findpost&p=2667036

[quote][quote name='Mofeta' timestamp='1300336721' post='2667016']
What are you even trying to argue here? [b]Doomhouse declared without a numerical advantage[/b], especially when factoring in various counters. And we certainly expected to fight your upper-tier nations from the get-go. The only thing that denied us a 'straight-up fight' from the very beginning was the staggering cowardice displayed by your coalition. We are merely offering you a chance to redeem yourselves.
[/quote]
Is that right?

Interesting.

I could have sworn the NPO had something like 16 million NS on January 23.

Didn't you guys declare with something in the neighborhood of 31 million?

Now, as I said, I am no genius with the CN technical stuff but I am almost certain 31 isn't less than 16.[/quote] (bolding mine)

As I said later, you inferred that counters were to be included but especially isn't a qualifier. It is an add on to what you posted as a statistical fact prior.

You stated that Doomhouse declared without a numerical advantage. It is right there in black and white. Those are your words. That is a lie. It is incorrect by every stat collector's statistics in the Cyberverse. What the difference may or may not have been on the 3rd day of fighting is immaterial and has nothing to do with the initial declaration or your initial point.

So yeah, cool story bro. Perhaps it would be best to just move along to something else. You spoke out of your ass, I called you on it, the end. It is almost two here so I won't be able to go back and forth with you stating the same thing [i]ad nauseum [/i]with you much longer.