A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1298900501' post='2646821']
Polaris isn't giving us much of a fight anymore.
[/quote]

man I had a good laugh. VE is not even doing much against us, most of our VE targets have dropped from 20k-35k ns to 1kns-5kns. The real reason we are taking heavy damage is because all your friends especially IFOK and FOK are true warriors and know how to fight. I bet you any amount of tech and money if every one of your allies white peaced us right now and let us just fight you, you would lose this war within 2 weeks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1298874638' post='2646706']
you are letting your pride make decisions for you instead of your reason. This is a failing of an alliance leader, your duty is to the well being of your alliance and its membership. You have failed them by allowing more harm to come to the alliance unnecessarily.
[/quote]
I'm not the leader. That being said, as a member, I am very happy with the way my leaders are handling this situation. Much respect to them.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298874768' post='2646709']
Just out of curiosity, what were some of those things? There was a theory suggested in our discussion on that matter that the leaked screenshots changed your mind, any truth there?
[/quote]
/facepalm

We've been through this LB. I'll just quickly summarize what you probably missed in this charlie foxtrot. Myworld posted ten or so pages back explaining outside factors. There was also an internal dissent against the payment of any reps.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1298896140' post='2646804']
Sorry bro, have to ask this: would you let someone extort VE or would you stand by your friends and defend your sovereignty?
[/quote]
Option C: Disband

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1298900064' post='2646816']
Uhh,no,the main difference is that Gre refused to give IRON peace terms until they unconditionally surrendered. CSN has given DT peace terms and negotiated them down to numbers that DT themselves finds reasonable, so your argument really doesn't hold any water.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say we find them reasonable. Our (or at least my) main motivation behind wanting peace is that we do not feel that the nations of LoSS, RnR and Legacy deserve taking all of this damage over CsN's idiocy. If it is payable in a short amount of time with reasonable restrictions I'd advocate just taking it.
This has gone on too long for those innocent nations.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1298904498' post='2646834']
Saying that you originally weren't going to accept the terms in a discussion about that night days later =/= telling you that day that they were not accepting your offer. Period. End of discussion.[/quote]

wait, so stating that CSN refused the terms, means that CSN was not going to refuse the terms??????? is that what you are resorting to? seriously... wow. just wow. I would think that Goose of all people in CSN would know whether CSN was or was not going to accept the terms. or are you stating that Goose is lying?

[quote]I doubt it. I doubt people are too happy about the things DT has done / is doing. You and LOSS are a couple of classy alliances.
[/quote]

who other than CSN, you, TypoNinja, and some in Legacy have really spoken out against anything DT is doing? also, LoSS has not really stated much other than given support to DT in this thread. DT on the other hand has gained support from numerous people including many on yours/CSN's own side of this war whereas CSN has gained no support from the opposite side. but yes, keep stating that somehow DT is unclassy. maybe, just maybe people would be idiotic enough to believe your version of the events.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298911732' post='2646879']
I wouldn't say we find them reasonable. Our (or at least my) main motivation behind wanting peace is that we do not feel that the nations of LoSS, RnR and Legacy deserve taking all of this damage over CsN's idiocy. If it is payable in a short amount of time with reasonable restrictions I'd advocate just taking it.
This has gone on too long for those innocent nations.
[/quote]

you are kinder than me. Legacy and RnR are still in this war because they want to be. Either one could have left if they so chose. the only alliance i care about in this war other than DT is LoSS. that is the sole reason i would accept terms from an alliance like CSN. RnR/Legacy could continue to take damage for all i care, LoSS deserves to be out of this war finally.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298915780' post='2646911']
wait, so stating that CSN refused the terms, means that CSN was not going to refuse the terms??????? is that what you are resorting to? seriously... wow. just wow. I would think that Goose of all people in CSN would know whether CSN was or was not going to accept the terms. or are you stating that Goose is lying?

who other than CSN, you, TypoNinja, and some in Legacy have really spoken out against anything DT is doing? also, LoSS has not really stated much other than given support to DT in this thread. DT on the other hand has gained support from numerous people including many on yours/CSN's own side of this war whereas CSN has gained no support from the opposite side. but yes, keep stating that somehow DT is unclassy. maybe, just maybe people would be idiotic enough to believe your version of the events.

you are kinder than me. Legacy and RnR are still in this war because they want to be. Either one could have left if they so chose. the only alliance i care about in this war other than DT is LoSS. that is the sole reason i would accept terms from an alliance like CSN. RnR/Legacy could continue to take damage for all i care, LoSS deserves to be out of this war finally.
[/quote]

Hey Doch i hear what ur saying but RnR/Legacy are here for the same reasons Loss is as they wont leave till all have peace. This thread has become nothing more than a circular argument and has well run its course perhaps its best that we all let it die. Those that are involved have made their points and im pretty sure all who have read it have come to their own conclusions so any further discussion would be nothing more than wasted energy. I look forward to when this is finally settled and both sides walk away unhappy as that will be when compromise has been reached.

o/ DT Love you guys Ive got the mead chillen and the dancers lined up for yall.

So to sum things up what have we learned here?

1. CSN are idiots with about as much political savvy as my 3yr old nephew

and

2. Penkala would support an ally in raping his own mother if that was the choice their leader made.

oh yea and one more thing I almost forgot

3. DT are some kick ass people with vast amounts of internal fortitude and brass balls.

Thread can now end

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1298924300' post='2646979']
So to sum things up what have we learned here?

1. CSN are idiots with about as much political savvy as my 3yr old nephew

and

2. Penkala would support an ally in raping his own mother if that was the choice their leader made.
[/quote]

All I got out of this thread is that you [i]assume[/i] that by calling someone some derogatory or otherwise misrepresenting name, you have conjured up an amazing argument. That is not the case. You would do yourself justice to notice that while there were disagreements, even the DT members (MagneT, Doc, etc.) actually presented coherent and substantive arguments. Even others of the peanut gallery provided more insight in a single sentence than most of your posts have (dare I say it, this includes Haflinger).

So although we may have the political savvy as your three-year old nephew (according to you), I am quite content in knowing that I at least know how to formulate an argument beyond childish name calling.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298926476' post='2646998']
All I got out of this thread is that you [i]assume[/i] that by calling someone some derogatory or otherwise misrepresenting name, you have conjured up an amazing argument. That is not the case. You would do yourself justice to notice that while there were disagreements, even the DT members (MagneT, Doc, etc.) actually presented coherent and substantive arguments. Even others of the peanut gallery provided more insight in a single sentence than most of your posts have (dare I say it, this includes Haflinger).

So although we may have the political savvy as your three-year old nephew (according to you), I am quite content in knowing that I at least know how to formulate an argument beyond childish name calling.
[/quote]
But SOM, insults are clearly the way to get peace and they have no rammifications what so ever!

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1298926799' post='2647001']
But SOM, insults are clearly the way to get peace and they have no rammifications what so ever!
[/quote]
I think the fact that they're so angry about their nations suggests who is really losing this. Why be so bitter?

Also, if this goes another round I'll finally break 3 mill in casualties, so feel free to stall the peace process, guys. I would have made it in this round, but my stupid SDI crew blocked 8 nukes yesterday and everyone ran out. Plus, this was a slow round for me. My opponents have only lost like 110K NS for their respective alliances. I think if you give me one more round I can do better. Just put me in, coach.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1298926980' post='2647003']
Charge a big mouth tax on Chef Joe? 100 tech from DT everytime the cook says something moronic sounds about right.
[/quote]
But that would just mean we're also bitter? I don't see how being bitter serves anyone. Some of us are having a great time.

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298927111' post='2647006']
I think the fact that they're so angry about their nations suggests who is really losing this. Why be so bitter?

Also, if this goes another round I'll finally break 3 mill in casualties, so feel free to stall the peace process, guys. I would have made it in this round, but my stupid SDI crew blocked 8 nukes yesterday and everyone ran out. Plus, this was a slow round for me. My opponents have only lost like 110K NS for their respective alliances. I think if you give me one more round I can do better. Just put me in, coach.
[/quote]

Bah, you're barely helping. Most of that damage was done by me. B-)

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298927111' post='2647006']
[b]I think the fact that they're so angry about their nations suggests who is really losing this. Why be so bitter?[/b]

[/quote]

*Looks at the poster ( Chefjoe )*
*Looks at his AA*

I think you got something mixed up there Jocabia :P

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1298927304' post='2647013']
*Looks at the poster ( Chefjoe )*
*Looks at his AA*

I think you got something mixed up there Jocabia :P
[/quote]
Hmmmm... I thought this was a global war where many alliances were on one side or the other. And I assumed that some alliances felt kinship for their allies, DT, and thus take this stuff just as personally as DT. Just like GOD has defended our actions.

But, hey, if Valhalla doesn't feel that strongly about DT, then I guess I'm wrong. I accept now that Valhalla would happily watch DT burn. Better?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298927298' post='2647012']
Bah, you're barely helping. Most of that damage was done by me. B-)
[/quote]
Aha, yeah, you let me know when you can actually show up for our coordinated efforts and I'll bow deeply and apologize. :P

Next thing you know you'll be complaining I didn't give you tough enough targets. Oh, wait, you already did that. To be fair, I think I've had at least 10,000 soldiers die of boredom on that front.

Edited by Jocabia

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298926476' post='2646998']

[/quote]

To be fair you personaly have been coherent in your responses, though those responses have for the most part been complete hot air and vague allusions.

As for my 'insight' into the situation I think my posts have all been spot on. The facts are the facts....you guys pulled some bs strong arm extortion and got called on it. After being called on it your previous FA .gov then melted down and provided such 'insightful' comments as '$%&@ you! just $%&@ you!', which CSN felt to be so outstanding they promoted the individual. Brilliant political suaveness I must say :wacko:

As for my childish name calling, I figured since logical and rational arguments weren't working that couching things in terms you all would understand might help... :blush:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1298927766' post='2647020']
To be fair you personaly have been coherent in your responses, though those responses have for the most part been complete hot air and vague allusions.

As for my 'insight' into the situation I think my posts have all been spot on. The facts are the facts....you guys pulled some bs strong arm extortion and got called on it. After being called on it your previous FA .gov then melted down and provided such 'insightful' comments as '$%&@ you! just $%&@ you!', which CSN felt to be so outstanding they promoted the individual. Brilliant political suaveness I must say :wacko:

As for my childish name calling, I figured since logical and rational arguments weren't working that couching things in terms you all would understand might help... :blush:
[/quote]
But, come on, you gotta admit, it was pretty funny. They asked for an apology and she responded with "$%&@ you". Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. Why would anyone stop giving that person the opportunity to say stuff like that? It's provided many hours of entertainment for us.

Edited by Jocabia

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298927960' post='2647021']
But, come on, you gotta admit, it was pretty funny. They asked for an apology and she responded with "$%&@ you". Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. Why would anyone stop giving that person the opportunity to say stuff like that? It's provided many hours of entertainment for us.
[/quote]

lol fair nuff, I can understand that reasoning... :awesome:

By the way, Sir Keshav IV, I don't actually think chefjoe represents valhalla. I actually know and like quite a few of you. I'm mostly joking because I think this thread has just rehashed so much old ground and wasted everyone's time. It hasn't succeeded in any capacity. People who didn't like CSN still don't like CSN. People who didn't like DT still don't like DT. And the rest of us have continued blowing the crap out of each other with impunity. And having fun doing it.

As for chefjoe, he's welcome to ghost DT if they'll have him. We'll help him make 8 million casualties and drive down those pesky and unnecessary bills. I personally have quite a few nukes that I'm just wasting money on the upkeep of.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1298927766' post='2647020']

[/quote]

I don't see why you continue to complain. Really. Don't act like you aren't "in on" where the current situation lies. Don't act like we're unreasonable people. You can "play" stupid all day long and pretend that you don't know there are wrong on both sides of this. You can continue to attack CSN and our decisions but it changes nothing. We understand your frustrations. We understand how you feel about my comments as you obsess over them page after page. But reiterating the same point is old, tiresome. As bud suggested why not let the topic go. If you'd like to personally talk to me feel free to shoot me a message and I'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you have regarding the situation.

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1298928702' post='2647028']
I don't see why you continue to complain. Really. Don't act like you aren't "in on" where the current situation lies. Don't act like we're unreasonable people. You can "play" stupid all day long and pretend that you don't know there are wrong on both sides of this. You can continue to attack CSN and our decisions but it changes nothing. We understand your frustrations. We understand how you feel about my comments as you obsess over them page after page. But reiterating the same point is old, tiresome. As bud suggested why not let the topic go. If you'd like to personally talk to me feel free to shoot me a message and I'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you have regarding the situation.
[/quote]
*monotone voice*

No...Liz...Stop

Bud is wrong, no longer talking and bashing people in this thread will cause the war to continue. We must attack endlessly and without mercy to end the war. That is the only way.

Please liz stop...we need fighting.

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1298928702' post='2647028']
[/quote]
I like my solution better, Liz. I feel bad that there is no one left fighting in LoSS and DT over 70K. What are Ragsz and Epitaph going to do when they return? Play Dman, Dman, Goose?

[quote name='Jocabia' timestamp='1298929016' post='2647032']
I like my solution better, Liz. I feel bad that there is no one left fighting in LoSS and DT over 70K. What are Ragsz and Epitaph going to do when they return? Play Dman, Dman, Goose?
[/quote]

I like Bud's solution! So there.
Also,
I feel like we need to institute that game.
We can make recruits play ^_^

Edited by Liz Girard