And Then There Was Silence...

[quote name='The Iggy' timestamp='1297151306' post='2625487']
Had a good fight with MHA, my opponents all fought well except for one notable exception who made a false surrender to me I am taking up with MHA gov and trust an amenable solution. Big MHAil to them.

I'm not going to quote the numerous CD posts, so I present a response in prose;

Kindly get out. You talk about non-consultation and helping your allies. You did neither. you declared late (I suppose you were busy getting every.single.nation into peace mode). While WAPA, Colossus and TFD were fully engaged (TFD alone had 300-400 wars with MHA) you were sitting in peace mode. I bet you enjoyed watching MHA charts plummet, comtemplating your victorious ride. [b]Too bad you couldn't do anything for days after your declaration because you 100% peacemoded against an already engaged MHA[/b]. And frankly, you wouldn't have done anything if that is any indication of your competency. The damage was meted out by nations going all out. As for whether you signed the peace agreement or not, I have no idea, you had your chance to get involved and blew it- That's on your own heads. Perhaps you'll learn your lesson for another an ally you'll likely be positioned to assist later.

You went to foot around the matter of a destructive war and you got the respite you so wanted. After that, you have no position to come in here and $%^@#.
[/quote]

You clearly didn't read their complaints. CD believed the war would last for more than a few days, meaning they would actually be able to get out of peace mode and fight. I mean, yeah you can run headlong into a brick wall if you want to, but why would you do that?

Don't blame them for preparing for a long war, which clearly if some of the other alliances involved had done this front would still be active.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, there were too many and my memory space is limited.

I can sympathise they didn't get the long war they wanted... But they went about this totally wrong to assist WAPA.

WAPA went for 10 days iirc, and there is no reason whatsoever to peacemode every nation in the situation. As for your snipe, we are and were prepared for a long war but it's rather a moot point.

edit, padding.

Edited by The Iggy

Dear Carpe Diem.

Sorry to break this to you so abruptly, but Pyro is now no longer to be available to you guys, awesome as you may be. He is henceforth repossessed and kept for lovin purposes by moi, might've taken cairna, but then Pyro is Pyro, ya know?

Sorry you got the no entry anywhere clause guys, you would've done a good job of it if you had gone on. We all know that.

Much Love
Alfred

Congrats everybody. Also a question :

[quote]*Addendum: As NV and wF is a separate conflict, they shall remain at war and will negotiate their peace separately.[/quote]

So after having to withstand NoR on their backs on their own, they are now left to deal with NV on their own? I guess I'm missing a lot of things, but I feel like god must hate wF or love NV or something in these lines :lol1: .

And then they tell you to join the winning side :mellow: .

My only regret is that nuclear anarchy prevented me from hitting more targets. Wish we could've kept this party going longer guys, but there were many things to consider. TFD enjoyed the fight.

This is a good peace. Sorry to all you warmongers out there. Don't wait a whole year to blow the planet up next time. ;)

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1297154540' post='2625509']
Congrats everybody. Also a question :

So after having to withstand NoR on their backs on their own, they are now left to deal with NV on their own? I guess I'm missing a lot of things, but I feel like god must hate wF or love NV or something in these lines :lol1: .

And then they tell you to join the winning side :mellow: .
[/quote]

The NOR-WF peace announcement can shed more light on this.

Given the circumstances, I welcome this peace, but it is, indeed, disappointing that we were not to be allowed to finish the job.

MHA and Fark should hang their collective heads in shame at their part in this travesty. It is because of their participation that this peace became inevitable. They have condoned Sparta's sociopathic behaviour. There should be no place on this planet for an alliance, such as Sparta, which by starting a war with no valid cause, so willingly breaches the foundations upon which the global political structure is laid.

This was not a surrender. This was a lucky escape. I'm looking at you, Sparta.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1297161341' post='2625547']
Given the circumstances, I welcome this peace, but it is, indeed, disappointing that we were not to be allowed to finish the job.

MHA and Fark should hang their collective heads in shame at their part in this travesty. It is because of their participation that this peace became inevitable. They have condoned Sparta's sociopathic behaviour. There should be no place on this planet for an alliance, such as Sparta, which by starting a war with no valid cause, so willingly breaches the foundations upon which the global political structure is laid.

This was not a surrender. This was a lucky escape. I'm looking at you, Sparta.
[/quote]

Learn to fight before you start post-war trash talk :smug:

You lost and surrendered and i'm glad to see this.

Yey peace and all that jazz.

Personal shout outs to Bucky of Buckyland member of WAPA, put up a great fight and gave the 3 of us in MHA good fun. Well played mate hope the rebuilds not too bad for that huuuuge warchest you had.

Another shout out to the guys and gals at Colossus, swell bunch and great fun to hang around with even at the other side of the battlefield.

Congratulations to all parties and for the best part a good well fought clean war. Mucho respect all round o/

Edited by scutterbug

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1297154540' post='2625509']
So after having to withstand NoR on their backs on their own, they are now left to deal with NV on their own? I guess I'm missing a lot of things, but I feel like god must hate wF or love NV or something in these lines :lol1: .[/quote]

The war has ended between NV and wF per their treaty with NoR. I believe they are still at war with STA, and I hope STA rolls the !@#$ out of them.

I hope this escapade was worth the price you'll pay in trust with the average hitchhiker Sparta.

My shout out goes to TFD, while fleet 3 had you guys covered easily my opponents triple quad attack was nice thing to wake up to in the morning.

Edited by Azrael Alexander

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1297149651' post='2625465']
Just want to comment on the bolded part: Not true. We want to lose the #1 spot (passively). NPO was doing so well until Doomhouse messed them up. [b]When 5 alliances declared on us, we thought "This is it, Yay!!!", but AZTEC and TFD were disappointing. We're still #1.[/b]
[/quote]

What? Five alliances didn't declare on you at all, you declared on a select few alliances who's were largley tied up elsewhere, along with the majority of their allies. If you so desperately wanted to lose top spot then there are far better ways to go about it.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1297152158' post='2625496']
You clearly didn't read their complaints. CD believed the war would last for more than a few days, meaning they would actually be able to get out of peace mode and fight. I mean, yeah you can run headlong into a brick wall if you want to, but why would you do that?

Don't blame them for preparing for a long war, which clearly if some of the other alliances involved had done this front would still be active.
[/quote]

It was nothing to do with being prepared, more to do with being ready to go in on the NPO-DH front, so they had the upper two thirds of their alliance in peacemode.

They didn't get out of peacemode until two days ago, while the rest of us have been at war for two weeks, which is why Cairna & others are pissed off.

What would you like us to do Cairna? We all stay in for another few weeks, your allies WAPA lose another 40% of their NS, have more people bill locked & quit, so you get to have your fun? OR should we agree to peace between Sparta & NV, which is the only reason any of us were at war here?

[quote name='RMH94' timestamp='1297160899' post='2625543']
Thought you had to be a woman to be empress? :facepalm::psyduck:
[/quote]

I don't even know what to say to this, other than it's not really anyone's business if someone wishes to roleplay someone or something else.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1297161564' post='2625550']
You lost and surrendered and i'm glad to see this.
[/quote]

I'm glad you're glad, mate. :gag:

Oh and thanks Colossus for spending my birthday with me on IRC even tho we were against eachother. Very respectful that everyone who said happy b'day to me from Colossus, most gratitude from me.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1297147323' post='2625421']
For the people in the discussions, the choices were going to be to keep fighting for a while and get neutered later (maybe no re-entry at all), or take these terms now. Our side wasn't going to budge. We were happy to keep fighting with the numbers actually on our side for the first time in the whole war (:wub: Fark). It wasn't getting any better for your side. I mean I realize this sucks for you guys, but not being able help anyone else in the war was inevitable as soon as you entered, and your gov really should have been able to predict that.
[/quote]

Trinite says it best. Brilliance only goes so far in war, then it's a numbers game, flat out. That Sparta and its associates chose to offer this glimpse of light instead of turning things into a curbstomp speaks volumes for their part.

I know on NV's part, we didn't want to destroy anyone in this war: only defend. For Sparta, MHA, Fark, et al, to have the same ideals has made this war the least rancorous one I've been in for quite some time. They fought hard, so did we, and in the end, they found it in their collective hearts to lend us a spot of grace and respect when they could have chosen to crush us, no matter what.

I know I decried Sparta's entry with no real CB from my point of view: I must nevertheless applaud their exit with no real malice from my point of view. Whatever their faults, vindictiveness and spitefulness are certainly not among them.

Awkward wearing of boxers only at formal events, however... well, that's a matter best suited for private channels.

Wait, that doesn't sound right at all OH NO TRINITE THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1297167317' post='2625590']
So that means we definitely won't get countered by CD... Well there's still NSO in Terracotta I guess...
[/quote]

Their counters have so many nations in peace mode it's not really a counter but meh.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1297163586' post='2625561']
I don't even know what to say to this, other than it's not really anyone's business if someone wishes to roleplay someone or something else.
[/quote]

I second this feeling.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1297168460' post='2625604']
Their counters have so many nations in peace mode it's not really a counter but meh.
[/quote]

Have you ever been involved at any stage in the planning of a war before? Actually have you ever even fought a war before? Your ignorance is really showing through.

Shame Carpe Diem got screwed over in this peace agreement, I hope you manage to find a way to help out your friends somehow ^_^