And Then There Was Silence...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]
Read the OP, buddy, any of the AAs that were fighting on Polaris' side can also re-enter if any of their treaty partners is declared on after this point in time.[/quote]
Well, yes, that would be the critical point, wouldn't it? If they're directly declared on after this point in time [b]then[/b] we can enter. But they were declared on a few days ago when we still thought this thing was long-haul.

[quote]
You can argue that AZTEC has surrendered while NV is still fighting World Federation but you're going to look like an idiot and be wrong. Oh wait.
[/quote]

Sure, it's nifty that NV can still fight WF, but it doesn't change the fact that we got cut out of a war and are now legally bound not to help people that deserve it.

I assume you already understand this stuff, schatt, which is why you're mainly addressing tidbits and cuticles of our posts.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297138908' post='2625165']
Read the OP, buddy, any of the AAs that were fighting on Polaris' side can also re-enter if any of their treaty partners is declared on after this point in time.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, pal, I thought the lack of the IF clause in re-entry was understood as superior. Ergo, we cannot declare alongside allies via an MDoAP but the other side can. Sorry for my lack of elaboration. I will try to be more explicit in the future.

Edit: or as Cairna pointed out, defending alliances previously declared upon.

Edited by Selindryl

Well it is over. I hope that my MHA/Spartan adversaries will emerge from the crater that I made via 25 nukes in my attempt to send them to the abyss. No hard feelings, my apologies beforehand when your descendants start growing extra appendages via the contaminated environment.

The TFD flag still flies.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297137819' post='2625126']
And then you gave up.

I guess the Fark blitz took too much of of you. We'll never be able to bring down Sparta and co. if you can't stand in and continue to dish out the damage you were perfectly capable of doing. No complaints though, good luck rebuilding.
[/quote]

You certainly spew a lot of nonsense for someone who has absolutely nothing to lose. Literally nothing. Your nation is nothing and any sense of dignity or sensibility flew out the window ages ago.

I have to say I do enjoy all of the Capre Diem babbling. Get over it.

To everyone else: great war! A special shout out of the Grand Lodge of Freemasons. You are some great guys, I had a lot of fun chatting with you guys while we nuked each other to hell and back. Best of luck rebuilding

o/ Peace

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1297139528' post='2625189']
Get out.
[/quote]

A mod has already discussed with Suiseiseki that the average person will be unable to run it through a translater. To help you out, the translation is "This is disgraceful ~desu"

You're welcome.

[quote]
I have to say I do enjoy all of the [b]Capre[/b] Diem babbling.[/quote]

Ohohoho, aren't we a clever little man.

Normally when people call it babbling it's because they don't understand it or know it's a valid point. I suspect this isn't any different.

Though, understandably someone from the Grand Lodge of Weemasons might not quite pick up on these sort of political overtures.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1297139670' post='2625194']

I have to say I do enjoy all of the Capre Diem babbling. Get over it.

[/quote]
God I know, those !@#$%^&* wanting to actually fight a war. What are they thinking? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297139698' post='2625195']
A mod has already discussed with Suiseiseki that the average person will be unable to run it through a translater. To help you out, the translation is "This is disgraceful ~desu"

You're welcome.
[/quote]

If you'd like to be above average, I recommend translate.google.com

You're welcome.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1297139758' post='2625198']
God I know, those !@#$%^&* wanting to actually fight a war. What are they thinking? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

If they wanted to continue fighting the war so bad they shouldn't have surrendered. This isn't rocket science.

[img]http://www.sia-hq.com/custom/articlepics/simple%20math.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Tag

Edited by Daikos

[quote name='Selindryl' timestamp='1297139823' post='2625201']
If you'd like to be above average, I recommend translate.google.com

You're welcome.
[/quote]

As a mere Apostle in our order, Selindryl ( though I must commend you, it is not often a woman reaches such a position ) I would ask that you refrain from posting in this bread, as I aim to make myself average. See through the eyes of the pleibs. Maybe some day we may hope to understand these poor lost souls. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make, as Carpe Diem's Oracle.

To the people complaining about the cessation of hostilities, (Not a surrender) it was in the best interest of all parties. Our side was vastly outnumbered, out strengthed and would have lost in the long run. Yes we would have caused more damage, but the damage would be easily rebuilt, and we'd be shattered and have a slow rebuild. Stupid plan. I personally wanted to keep on fighting, but it didn't make any sense.

o7 to IWXR, Bloeiend, Blah land of MHA and K_C of Sparta. You guys did all right. With practice, you might be as good as I one day. ;)

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1297139870' post='2625206']
If they wanted to continue fighting the war so bad they shouldn't have surrendered. This isn't rocket science.
[/quote]
No, dear, it's politics, which is sometimes harder.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297139698' post='2625195']

Though, understandably someone from the Grand Lodge of Weemasons might not quite pick up on these sort of political overtures.
[/quote]

I'll remember you. Also, this guy you quoted is in Darkfall not the Lodge. Don't get confused. I cannot say that I'm happy to be linked to you. I don't think I will be forever.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297137819' post='2625126']I guess the Fark blitz took too much of of you.[/quote]

The Fark blitz, while impressive, was on NATO. NATO is one alliance out of the 12 alliances represented on NV's side in this peace agreement.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Dr.Gamer' timestamp='1297140051' post='2625212']
To the people complaining about the cessation of hostilities, (Not a surrender) it was in the best interest of all parties. Our side was vastly outnumbered, out strengthed and would have lost in the long run.
[/quote]

To the uninformed masses that continue to claim that it was not surrender, know that I was involved, and it was indeed a surrender given the fact that there were terms.

I would further suggest that said uninformed, and very likely unclean, masses purchase any book relating to critical thinking. If your nation has a University, as ruler, you may also wish to take a Critical Thinking class at any of these institutions. Most of the time they're useless, but, well, it is possible that we in the Order are just far too accustomed to our own education systems.

[quote]
I'll remember you. Also, this guy you quoted is in Darkfall not the Lodge. Don't get confused. I cannot say that I'm happy to be linked to you. I don't think I will be forever. [/quote]

Ooops, oh no, what have I done?????? i am new to politics!!

[quote="Daikos"]If they wanted to continue fighting the war so bad they shouldn't have surrendered. This isn't rocket science.[/quote]

Apparently to you it is. We surrender because we came here to help WAPA. WAPA is out of harm's way. I still don't count it as a victory, but I'll take it.

CD does not have enough clout to ask that we hold off for better terms or at least demand that they pay for the ones we get. We got stuck in this position, we will complain if we want to.

Please. [b]Try[/b] for once in your barbaric, heathen life to make an argument that I can't knock down with my breath.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1297140109' post='2625217']
The Fark blitz, while impressive, was on NATO. NATO is one alliance out of the 12 alliances represented on NV's side in this peace agreement.
[/quote]
So you are saying 11/12 alliances in your coalition effectively surrendered to Sparta and MHA, DF, and AO? Ok, noted.

And 1 alliance in your coalition surrendered to a FARK blitz, DF, AO and Sparta. Dually noted.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1297140692' post='2625234']So you are saying 11/12 alliances in your coalition effectively surrendered to Sparta and MHA, DF, and AO? Ok, noted.

And 1 alliance in your coalition surrendered to a FARK blitz, DF, AO and Sparta. Dually noted.[/quote]

I don't recall saying that, so no.

Edit: I was merely pointing out that attributing the peace agreement [u]solely[/u] to the Fark blitz "taking too much out of" us was incorrect.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Cooldude247' timestamp='1297140583' post='2625225']
o/ peace

I only had the opportunity to fight NATO but everyone I fought was fun and very respectful!

o/ NATO
[/quote]
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Hi you.

I hate your frigging soldiers. They do, not, die.

Cairna, if your alliance didn't like the agreement, they shouldn't have signed it. The fact is their names are on the peace treaty so they approved of it. If you have a disagreement with the peace agreement, you should take it up with your government.

As for the peace agreement, whether it's a surrender or not is irrelevant. All that matters is that the war is over for now, at least for NV, GLOF, WAPA, Colossus, Quantum, AB, CD, TFD, NATO, TNG, TPC and DDM. If one of their allies is attacked in the future, they have the chance of reentering. Sparta, MHA, Fark, PPO, AO, DF, Umbrella, and Argent have the ability to redeploy right away, but Sparta and MHA took heavy damage so they may not redeploy at all. Sparta, MHA, Fark, PPO, AO, DF, Umbrella, and Argent don't have the no reenter (actually a limited no reenter), so I guess you could say they won and we surrendered to them.

Personally, I'm fine with saying it's a surrender. My alliance (TFD) did really well against Sparta and that specific battle could be slotted as a win. We only had two days of war with PPO, so that's too close to call. MHA wasn't much more ferocious than Sparta in terms of fighting ability but there were a ton more of them and they were winning in terms of sheer numbers and probably would have won in the end. Because of that, I'm comfortable saying that TFD lost to MHA. So our record for the war was 1-1-1 but to be able to get the other party to surrender, it would have had to have been 3-0-0. For that, I'm comfortable saying we surrendered.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297140270' post='2625218']
Ooops, oh no, what have I done?????? i am new to politics!!
[/quote]

Oh no! So am I! Whatever shall I do in this strange new world!

haha. Just kidding. I know what I'll do. But I'll let that be a surprise to you. :smug:

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297140270' post='2625218']
Apparently to you it is. We surrender because we came here to help WAPA. WAPA is out of harm's way. I still don't count it as a victory, but I'll take it.
[/quote]

and you sit here and complain. Maybe you missed it earlier. But I am no fan of this peace. Unfortunately I've been on an extended vacation from Gov so I don't make these decisions any more. But I can say this. We came in to defend NV from the unwarranted war launched against them by Sparta. Sparta has made peace with them. Therefore I'm done to. Believe it or not, that means that Every alliance on our side except for NV is in the EXACT same position as you. And if NV wanted to give their friends peace and take peace themselves, then that is their call and their right. You have nothing to complain about. We all accomplished our goals here. Sparta got to say they won. Everybody still knows they're a joke. We all get to go home and prepare to aid our other allies once they exist the war with rebuilding funds. Or did you forget that you can support your allies in more than one way? Or hey! Try negotiating them a peace deal that works in their favor. Allies are good for more than a shield.