And Then There Was Silence...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]
CD does not have enough clout to ask that we hold off for better terms or at least demand that they pay for the ones we get. We got stuck in this position, we will complain if we want to.

[/quote]

How would you know what your clout can do? I collected the sigs. I showed Bionic Redhead the terms. They were signed without so much as a whimper. So I suppose what you really mean is 'we will complain all we want...after the fact, after we went along with it no questions asked'.

Edited by nosoup4you

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1297169945' post='2625613']
Have you ever been involved at any stage in the planning of a war before? Actually have you ever even fought a war before? Your ignorance is really showing through.

Shame Carpe Diem got screwed over in this peace agreement, I hope you manage to find a way to help out your friends somehow ^_^
[/quote]
IMO, I don't think friend needs 2 weeks to help their friends. When the last time CD go into the war? Do they need another 2 weeks extension for preparation instead immediately help their friends? :rolleyes:

Anyway, both war and peace are fun. Congrats to everyone involve. :nuke:

[quote name='Prozenz' timestamp='1297171309' post='2625625']
IMO, I don't think friend needs 2 weeks to help their friends. When the last time CD go into the war? Do they need another 2 weeks extension for preparation instead immediately help their friends? :rolleyes:

Anyway, both war and peace are fun. Congrats to everyone involve. :nuke:
[/quote]
they joined the war before you did >.>
<.<

don't worry, I'll give you plenty of time to reply to that.

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1297149651' post='2625465']
AZTEC and TFD were disappointing.
[/quote]

Lets see. TFD is an alliance of 150. MHA is an alliance of 600-something.
TFD lost 1.2 million NS throughout our entire conflict (11 days), MHA lost 2 million within four or five days.
You were 8 times our NS, yet we did more damage to you than you did to us on the front.
Not only did you have an average 3 MHA'ers to 1 TFD'er, but the TFD'er also had a Spartan opponent or two.
I think its the other way around Mister. Plus, many MHA'ers had awful warchests, work on that next time, k? Thanks.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297140270' post='2625218']
Please. [b]Try[/b] for once in your barbaric, heathen life to make an argument that I can't knock down with my breath.
[/quote]

I don't really want to get involved in this debate - so I won't - but I just wanted to note that the above sentence is the best sentence I've encountered in at least two or three weeks. I like how it both calls someone a barbaric heathen, which is a wonderful insult by the way, and suggests that the poster has terrible halitosis. Thank you Cairna for that sentence!

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1297169945' post='2625613']
Have you ever been involved at any stage in the planning of a war before? Actually have you ever even fought a war before? Your ignorance is really showing through.

Shame Carpe Diem got screwed over in this peace agreement, I hope you manage to find a way to help out your friends somehow ^_^
[/quote]

NoCB, Karma, BiPolar. By now, you should know better ignorance when looking for it.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1297172792' post='2625641']
So I suggest you quit running your mouth about peace mode when you claim to have some knowledge of the war system ^_^
[/quote]

Are you dumb? Honestly. Peace mode is excellent when you want to save nations for the second wave. [b]When you are the second wave[/b] having most your nations in peace mode is not just counter-productive, it's plain stupid.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1297173001' post='2625643']
Are you dumb? Honestly. Peace mode is excellent when you want to save nations for the second wave. [b]When you are the second wave[/b] having most your nations in peace mode is not just counter-productive, it's plain stupid.
[/quote]
it's not as if there's other fronts going on where they could have deployed that their peace mode configuation was prolly geared to and it's not as if it takes 5 days to get out of hippy when you change your mind...

[quote name='AvengingAngel256' timestamp='1297128957' post='2624867']
Didn't last long enough if you ask me :( Silly Peace gettin in the way of a good war. *Shrug*
My Opponents turtled 90% of the time so It wasn't tons of fun, I was definitely looking forward to the next round, but oh wells.
Hey Lusitan, Can you save a war slot for me next time? You'd probably own me but I think it'd be fun, From what I hear you're a good fighter.

props to the rest of tfd as well, Most of the Nations in my squad that ended up needing help were because of tfd guys and gals.
Glad that we're able to get peace for all our allies. :D
Cheers [img]http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com/images/smilies/set5_b/cheers2.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I always welcome people to party, next time feel free. I was really impressed with El Presidente and Henray myself :D

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1297173513' post='2625646']
it's not as if there's other fronts going on where they could have deployed that their peace mode configuation was prolly geared to and it's not as if it takes 5 days to get out of hippy when you change your mind...
[/quote]

Then they should stop !@#$%*ing about the war ending sooner than they wanted. It's certainly not our fault it happened the way it did.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1297173495' post='2625645']
There's 13 pages right here showing you that Carpe Diem was planning a 3rd wave and were given the impression that you were too. Remind me never to take any military advice from you. Ta.
[/quote]

No there isn't at all, where has anyone said that?

If you read my post, and I know you did (:v:), I think that explains why I think those people were in peacemode and unable to come out. It wasn't for a third wave and if it was, then for a start they might've told us that and secondly, they might as well have declared two days ago when they could come out as the only people who got anymore than two days action were nations 30kish & under.

What advantage do you gain when an alliance are pounding on your allies by declaring war but not actually hitting them because your entire middle & upper tier are in peacemode? Unless it's a tactic employed by everyone on that front, which I can assure you it wasn't.

[quote name='Iaim2please' timestamp='1297149088' post='2625454']
Peace! huh-yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh

Special thanks for Lodge for all the monies, tech and wimmin you supplied my troops with.
[/quote]

I know for sure that DF and AO nations were great opponents.
And do not worry: the money you got from ur Lodge opponents came from Sparta before... so, no evil done. ^_^

Thanks for a good fight: and see u in our forum.

Edited by obscurus

[quote name='Bower3aj' timestamp='1297129320' post='2624883']
I have to say pleasantries are unnecessary. Sparta died way too easy. Which is why I don't understand this announcement.
[/quote]
You are actually right... i killed four of them! No hard feelings eh guys? <3

[quote name='Madtrixr' timestamp='1297160413' post='2625540']
Shout out to TPC's Giovanni and Roandask for taking my nukes like men.
[/quote]

Well in that case, I better give a shoutout to all 6 MHA guys who took nukes with no complaints.

etrain, State of Freedomia, AlexandreFerraz, MDM12, Scorpio and Savior

Best of luck recovering from radiation sickness o/

[quote name='RMH94' timestamp='1297160899' post='2625543']
Thought you had to be a woman to be empress? :facepalm::psyduck:
[/quote]

[ooc]I am transgender, which means I am female, more so IC because I have no physical body, it's sad to see you bring OOC information into the IC domain though.[/ooc]

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='Dr.Gamer' timestamp='1297171788' post='2625629']
Lets see. TFD is an alliance of 150. MHA is an alliance of 600-something.
TFD lost 1.2 million NS throughout our entire conflict (11 days), MHA lost 2 million within four or five days.
You were 8 times our NS, yet we did more damage to you than you did to us on the front.
Not only did you have an average 3 MHA'ers to 1 TFD'er, but the TFD'er also had a Spartan opponent or two.
I think its the other way around Mister. Plus, many MHA'ers had awful warchests, work on that next time, k? Thanks.
[/quote]

Disappointing = Can't take MHA down from #1.

Your stats and NS talk does not amuse me. Is it our fault that we're bigger?

Remind me who surrendered in this war again?

KTHXBAI

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1297177711' post='2625684']

KTHXBAI
[/quote]

meh becomes my favourite word in this game: meh.

I don't think it's smart to compare the losses of two uneven alliances in two uneven situations. If you want to compare them you'd need to take the percentage of each nation taking out and receiving damage. (to the TFD guy)

However MHA really has no ground to brag about this victory. I mean come on..

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1297177967' post='2625689']
However MHA really has no ground to brag about this victory. I mean come on..[/quote]

So you're saying it's like they showed up at the party in their 4 door Honda Civic with an unopened bottle of malt liquor, picked out a chick who was already working her 6th rum and coke, dragged her out to the back seat, and is now bragging to friends about what a stud he is? :v:

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1297177711' post='2625684']

KTHXBAI
[/quote]

I know you think it's clever, but you're not making your alliance look very good with your really mature retorts.

Not to mention your first response was completely wrong.

One day, I hope to live in a world where people can war, shake hands and walk away instead of letting their least intelligent members loose on the OWF.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297178266' post='2625695']
So you're saying it's like they showed up at the party in their 4 door Honda Civic with an unopened bottle of malt liquor, picked out a chick who was already working her 6th rum and coke, dragged her out to the back seat, and is now bragging to friends about what a stud he is? :v:
[/quote]

Yes, basically. You forgot the part where he still had to offer her money though :)