And Then There Was Silence...

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1297136563' post='2625088']
Feel free to fight on. Resign from you alliance and go temporarily join one of the currently warring alliances. Or stick around and complain.
[/quote]
I think this thread exemplifies CD comradrey. Besides, resigning from CD to continue to fight isn't rebellious enough for us.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1297136565' post='2625089']
You do realize that you can rejoin the war in defense of an ally, do you not?
[/quote]

Feel free to declare on one of them

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1297136563' post='2625088']
Feel free to fight on. Resign from you alliance and go temporarily join one of the currently warring alliances. Or stick around and complain.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll take note of that when I write a book on how to leave your alliance high and dry to run off and be a completely useless jackass.

I'll make sure to cite you, though! Don't worry, I always give credit where credit is due.

[quote]
You do realize that you can rejoin the war in defense of an ally, do you not?[/quote]

Newsflash: The only wars going on involving our allies are the ones we're expressly forbidden from joining.

High five dude, we're learning together.

Next I'm going to explain to you how the quality of your arguments normally depends on the quality of knowledge in general. Stay tuned.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297136860' post='2625104']
Thanks, I'll take note of that when I write a book on how to leave your alliance high and dry to run off and be a completely useless jackass.
[/quote]

You are going to leave your alliance high and dry when it has peace to go fight a war someplace else?

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297136860' post='2625104']

I'll make sure to cite you, though! Don't worry, I always give credit where credit is due.

Newsflash: The only wars going on involving our allies are the ones we're expressly forbidden from joining.

High five dude, we're learning together.

Next I'm going to explain to you how the quality of your arguments normally depends on the quality of knowledge in general. Stay tuned.
[/quote]

I look forward to this lesson, we should mass-message MHA with the highlights of the talk.

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1297137140' post='2625111']
You are going to leave your alliance high and dry when it has peace to go fight a war someplace else?
[/quote]
My position in my alliance as such is that I am the heart, soul, and, indeed, CD's very spirit.

I do not leave my alliance because I am important to it's functioning. And because women love a man who's second in command of an alliance.

They eat that stuff up.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1297137426' post='2625117']
It would be my sincere hope that the magnanimous spirit displayed by Sparta, MHA, Fark, et al, would be reciprocated by other alliances involved in other conflicts.
[/quote]

It sure is easy to be magnanimous when you saddle the other side with BS terms.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297137509' post='2625118']
I do not leave my alliance because I am important to it's functioning. And because women love a man who's second in command of an alliance.

They eat that stuff up.
[/quote]
True story, I used to get tons of play before retiring.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1297130205' post='2624907']
Hail! Hail! Peace in our time. Another Victory for Sparta, recorded forever in history!
Good fight to all I wared with, except for Ayatollah Diaperman, who declared and made his attacks minutes after peace was announced [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Ehhh....

Spartan war plan:
1. Send half the alliance into peace
2. Leave the other half to get slaughtered
3. Call allies for help
4. Claim victory

I was ready for another round of shooting fish in a barrel.

Respect to Darkfall. Jesus I got hammered by you guys.

And sorry about any members who have attacked after peace was declared. Peace messages have now been sent to all GLOF members so they should be peacing out today.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297137509' post='2625118']
My position in my alliance as such is that I am the heart, soul, and, indeed, CD's very spirit.

They eat that stuff up.
[/quote]

Cairna's like our Messiah.

No hard feelings to all involved. It was a hell of a fight.

o/ NV
o/ AB
o/ WAPA
o/ GLOF
o/ NATO
o/ Colossus
o/ Quantum
o/ TFD

o/ FARK
o/ MHA
o/ AO
o/ DF
o/ Mah bois in Spartay!

o/ to anyone else I forgot, holy $%&@ there was a lot of you.

[quote name='whatthefunk' timestamp='1297137676' post='2625123']
Ehhh....

Spartan war plan:
1. Send half the alliance into peace
2. Leave the other half to get slaughtered
3. Call allies for help
4. Claim victory

I was ready for another round of shooting fish in a barrel.

Respect to Darkfall. Jesus I got hammered by you guys.

And sorry about any members who have attacked after peace was declared. Peace messages have now been sent to all GLOF members so they should be peacing out today.
[/quote]

And then you gave up.

I guess the Fark blitz took too much of of you. We'll never be able to bring down Sparta and co. if you can't stand in and continue to dish out the damage you were perfectly capable of doing. No complaints though, good luck rebuilding.

[quote name='Republic of Roma' timestamp='1297136827' post='2625102']
Sparta has fought well. Good fight. They are revered as a respected alliance to NV for fighting so well.
[/quote]

Wait what......? and peace is a lie! there is only war!

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1297137738' post='2625125']
No hard feelings to all involved. It was a hell of a fight.

o/ NV
o/ AB
o/ WAPA
o/ GLOF
o/ NATO
o/ Colossus
o/ Quantum
o/ TFD

o/ FARK
o/ MHA
o/ AO
o/ DF
o/ Mah bois in Spartay!

o/ to anyone else I forgot, holy $%&@ there was a lot of you.
[/quote]

i feel the love :P

o/ TFD
o/ MHA

was a fun war while it lasted

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297137819' post='2625126']
And then you gave up.

I guess the Fark blitz took too much of of you. We'll never be able to bring down Sparta and co. if you can't stand in and continue to dish out the damage you were perfectly capable of doing. No complaints though, good luck rebuilding.
[/quote]

All Im saying is that this is hardly a Spartan victory. If anything its a Spartan failure and a Spartan ally victory.

[quote name='spoofmaniac' timestamp='1297138531' post='2625143']
Booo AZTEC. *hissss* We suuck. Laaame. This is what's in these days right, complaining about peace?:smug:
[/quote]
The implication that CD is hip will be taken as a compliment and is duly noted.

We thank you for your contribution to our downward spiraling self-esteem.

[quote name='Selindryl' timestamp='1297135409' post='2625046']
Yet THEY are allowed to re-enter? Wow who negotiated these terms for AZTEC then?
[/quote]
Read the OP, buddy, any of the AAs that were fighting on Polaris' side can also re-enter if any of their treaty partners is declared on after this point in time.

[quote name='brother in arms' timestamp='1297135462' post='2625048']
Yet Sparta can do what it wishes for the duration of this war.

I believe that's called snatching Victory from the jaws of defeat
[/quote]
I belive it's called snatching [i]infra[/i] from the jaws of defeat.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1297135504' post='2625050']
Good, you're halfway there. AZTEC hammered Sparta; Part 1, good.

Part 2: AZTEC and co surrendered to Sparta and friends.

Are you guys seeing the contradiction yet?
[/quote]
You can argue that AZTEC has surrendered while NV is still fighting World Federation but you're going to look like an idiot and be wrong. Oh wait.

[quote name='Walker Texas Ranger' timestamp='1297135627' post='2625055']
Yep, and they get to stay in the conflict. GOOD JOB ON THE TERMS!
[/quote]
Soooo does NV, partner. They are still at war with WF. Either way, do you really think that Sparta has any intention of bringing itself that much closer to the brink by fighting anymore? They're down for the count.

Edited by Schattenmann