And Then There Was Silence...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1297132375' post='2624980']
Just one question..

NPO is a separate war. Where do you guys get off telling people they can't engage in a separate war?

MK/DH openly attacked NPO for the lulz, not because it was of any strategic importance to the current Polar conflict. SO the fact your trying to force these terms on people shows your plans to hit anyone treaties even 3 or 4 links down the chain, and you don't want the counters. But no worries, please do make the mistake of hitting one of my treatied partners. Cause I don't think I had enough the first round :P
[/quote]

I have an idea. Why doesn't someone complain about it in every surrender thread that pops up and maybe things will change!!!!!!!!

[spoiler]They won't[/spoiler]

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1297134499' post='2625028']
who are you again?

AZTEC fought well and hard and gave Sparta all they could handle, and more. I'm sure you won't be surprised if our history books list this war as an AZTEC victory...
[/quote]

Good to see the "who are you" jokes about me are still in fashion.

No, I won't be surprised if you list it as an AZTEC victory in AZTEC history books, because isn't that the typical crap that historians tend to pull?

I've got my noise out of joint over this, because our ally WAPA was attacked before our allies in Terra-Cotta charged into a war that they will have to fight without us according to these terms. We entered for WAPA under the assumption that it was a long-run battle and they would appreciate having us by their side, which thankfully they do and I hold no ill will against them.

I do however have a problem with being asked for CD's government sigs for surrender terms we played no part in negotiating and frankly have no logical alternative but to sign. It cuts off our balls, and we like our balls.

We can see that's not a popular standpoint. We won't hold it against you. But you tread on us.

[quote]Yep, and they get to stay in the conflict. GOOD JOB ON THE TERMS! [/quote]
I have less of an issue with Sparta being able to get involved in the other conflicts ( lol lol lol lol ) than with the issue of us being neutered.

The CD War pony is a stallion. And when it retires, it fully intends to be a stud.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297135790' post='2625059']

I have less of an issue with Sparta being able to get involved in the other conflicts ( lol lol lol lol ) than with the issue of us being neutered.

The CD War pony is a stallion. And when it retires, it fully intends to be a stud.
[/quote]

You aren't man enough to ride the War Pony.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1297133232' post='2624998']
What I can't understand is why we surrendered to MHA... they should have surrendered to us.
[/quote]

Meh, it makes sense when you think about it. TFD/NATO/AZTEC's goal of declaring in the first place was to protect NV from Sparta. MHA declared to protect Sparta. As the war progressed, MHA and Sparta were bleeding a lot of NS. At the same time, fresh fighters in the form of Fark declared on NATO. In case you didn't know, TFD and NATO are BFFs. Recently though, there was a small rift in the relationship with TFD members complaining that NATO tends to drag us into wars and we end up paying reparations. Thus, this was an opportunity for TFD to drag NATO into a war and get all snuggly together again.

After Fark declared on NATO, NATO's all like, "ain't no thing, we can take them." And TFD is all like, "NO NATO, I shan't let you throw yourself on the sword of these villains and sacrifice your alliance in a fight of 4 vs 1." Yada yada yada, skip ahead, skip ahead. Sparta and MHA are losing a lot of NS. Sparta doesn't want to lose its sanction and "undefeated" record and MHA doesn't want to lose the #1 spot. TFD and NATO want to get peace for NV and end the war before NATO gets too hurt (and yeah, yours truly was also complaining on the forums because I didn't build a proper war chest, but when the history of this war is written, that shall be omitted). Thus, we agree to "surrender" in exchange for peace for NV etc. And that's how it went down.*

*AZTEC left out of the general story because I don't have any idea what was going on behind the scenes with their alliance or how they felt about the war. Also, leaving AZTEC out makes TFD look like the conquering heroes who rode to the rescue and saved NV. All the TFD members wanted to keep fighting, with the exception of one idiot who didn't build a proper warchest and complained very loudly, but nobody remembers who he is. The rest of the story may or may not also be true, I cannot vouch to its trustworthiness.

The honorable alliance of Carpe Diem humbly requests that the victors of this war ( all hail the great MHA, Sparta and Farkistan, wielders of awe-inducing militaries ) send this poor wrecked shell of an alliance an equestrian expert to answer us this riddle.

Can the CD war pony ever be a stud?

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1297136219' post='2625070']
derp derp derp derp
[/quote]

Thanks, next time we come to your coalition channel intending to throw our support behind you and mentioning that we have other allies in the line of fire, maybe you could consider telling us that you're basically gonna shackle us and let anybody with a pair of hands fondle our bosom as they walk by laughing.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1297134499' post='2625028']
who are you again?

AZTEC fought well and hard and gave Sparta all they could handle, and more. I'm sure you won't be surprised if our history books list this war as an AZTEC victory...
[/quote]

You do realize that your treaty partner in AZTEC "WAPA" also has a treaty with CD.
And no this wasn't a victory for you, Sparta won but at least they got hurt and I thank you for that.

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297136224' post='2625071']
The honorable alliance of Carpe Diem humbly requests that the victors of this war ( all hail the great MHA, Sparta and Farkistan, wielders of awe-inducing militaries ) send this poor wrecked shell of an alliance an equestrian expert to answer us this riddle.

Can the CD war pony ever be a stud?
[/quote]

Oh my, it would be such a gracious and kind act for them to bequeath such knowledge upon us, given their absolutely stunning performance in this war and equally stunning suggestion of terms!

[quote name='Walker Texas Ranger' timestamp='1297136252' post='2625072']
You don't know the war mascot of your own alliance?

Wow. Apparently we've really relaxed our recruiting standards.
[/quote]

I missed the course on the stallion pony. I only ever saw the mascot. Did you actually DO that 10 page paper on it? Nerd.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297136357' post='2625078']
Thanks, next time we come to your coalition channel intending to throw our support behind you and mentioning that we have other allies in the line of fire, maybe you could consider telling us that you're basically gonna shackle us and let anybody with a pair of hands fondle our breasts as they walk by laughing.
[/quote]

Feel free to fight on. Resign from you alliance and go temporarily join one of the currently warring alliances. Or stick around and complain.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1297136357' post='2625078']
Thanks, next time we come to your coalition channel intending to throw our support behind you and mentioning that we have other allies in the line of fire, maybe you could consider telling us that you're basically gonna shackle us and let anybody with a pair of hands fondle our breasts as they walk by laughing.
[/quote]

You do realize that you can rejoin the war in defense of an ally, do you not?

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1297136565' post='2625089']
You do realize that you can rejoin the war in defense of an ally, do you not?
[/quote]

Doesn't mean you leave an alliance hanging to face the brunt of another alliance.

Good luck, CD.

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1297136563' post='2625088']
Feel free to fight on. Resign from you alliance and go temporarily join one of the currently warring alliances. Or stick around and complain.
[/quote]

Or your alliances could not drop out and leave us no choice but to sign. Oh, sure we could have not signed. Then we could keep fighting MHA on our own! You accepted no discussion on the terms from us.

This was done in poor form and poor taste.

[quote name='PrinceArutha' timestamp='1297131371' post='2624943']
I dont care if we were engaged. I just want a reason to drink beer and figured someone else might as well. haha.

I will go try it tonight actually. If you are familiar with ale's then you will appreciate it and at 10.5 you will enjoy it. decent price for the content.

I'll see what I can do. haha, I enjoy a new beer.
[/quote]
[quote name='plaxico123' timestamp='1297135507' post='2625051']
I like you. Yes, in that way :P
[/quote]
Recruit him! :awesome:

[quote name='Selindryl' timestamp='1297136650' post='2625092']
We call it "American defense"
Attack them before they attack our ally!

Kosher?
[/quote]
actually i can [b]see[/b] that it is covered in ham... :P