Announcement from Umbrella and the Mushroom Kingdom

Natan

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296792609' post='2618796']
You guys are busy with NPO at the moment. Hitting Duckroll now would not be a sound decision.
Hitting them, or whoever you have next on your list, after this war concludes would be a sound decision.

Because you are not going to just immediately DOW whoever is next on your "everything must die" campaign without building your infra back up and getting your warchests up when this war is over.

Give it time.
[/quote]

I thought all you conspiracy theorists knew our list by heart.

For immortality, it goes:
[s]1. NPO[/s],
2. The Neutrals,
3. NPO,
4. Purple,
5. NPO,
6. SOS,
7. NPO,
8. GOONS,
9. NPO...

As you can see Duckroll, for all its faults, isn't anywhere near the top 10. So, yes, give it time.

Edited by potato

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296792697' post='2618801']
You are claiming in numerous posts that the reason you did not post a DoW was because you had no nations in range because of TPF being in pm. I was simply pointing out that this argument you were making held no merit whatsoever.
[/quote]
We don't have nations in range as our nations in range are in anarchy, fighting the NPO or their potential TPF opponents are in PM. This is feeling very circular.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296792708' post='2618802']
Again your hypocrisy shines through. You rail against ML for "refusing to acknowledge" their war, but you've spent this whole thread trying to avoid acknowledging that you initiated war against TPF.
[/quote]

It would be hypocrisy if MK refused to believe the TPF nations we engaged with were a part of the TPF AA, and were in fact rogues. Note how this is not the case.

You need to stop using words you don't understand.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1296790711' post='2618706']
As I've been told it, Molon Labe has been informed by the rest of Duckroll that they're on their own in this one.
[/quote]

Good to see who Duckroll's lining up with these days.

Apparently the dislike of an alliance far outweighs their commitment to their allies.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1296791096' post='2618732']
Right so, you'd want Valhalla to enter on your side, to see them burn?

[img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-thumbsup.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Eh, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy MK and Val engaging in some MAD.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1296792642' post='2618799']
The problem wasn't that ML didn't post a formal declaration of war, it was that they refused to acknowledge in private that it was in fact a war and tried to keep to pretend that our members attacking TPF were rogues despite our saying, in private, otherwise.
[/quote]

And their problem with doing so was that you did not provide TPF with that which has been standard on this planet since time immemorial, a deceleration of war when you decided to go to war with our nations. See where the initial disconnect comes from here and who caused it?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1296792787' post='2618806']
As an independent observer I have to say I speak for us all when I say: "What?"
[/quote]
You do realise the "Unholy Alliance" MDoAP between TOP and MK is active and well, right?
And you also realise that TOP has not spoken against anything MK has done lately, right?

TOP's MDoAP with MK and support of what MK is doing makes them on MK's side, at least until NPO finishes burning.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296792916' post='2618815']
It would be hypocrisy if MK refused to believe the TPF nations we engaged with were a part of the TPF AA, and were in fact rogues. Note how this is not the case.

You need to stop using words you don't understand.
[/quote]

Nice dodge. Laughable to anyone who didn't want to be willfully ignorant of my point, but it's a good dodge given the corner you're in with your fools' logic.

Edited by Rebounder

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1296792895' post='2618812']
I thought all you conspiracy theorists knew our list by heart.

For immortality, it goes:
[s]1. NPO[/s],
2. The Neutrals,
3. NPO,
4. Purple,
5. NPO,
6. SOS,
7. NPO,
8. GOONS,
9. NPO...

As you can see Duckroll, for all its faults, isn't anywhere near the top 10. So, yes, give it time.
[/quote]
NPO, the Neutrals, NPO, Purple, NPO, SOS, NPO, GOONS, and NPO again is not everything. I am dissapointed in your "everything must die" slogan now.

[/quote]
Let's say 3 GPA nations attack 3 FAN nations, would it not be unreasonable to presume the GPA nations were rogues if no DoW was given.

The same does not hold true in your example if one were to say the 3 FAN nations were rogues because they got hit. One side is initiating the fight without a DoW. Not everyone conforms to MK/UMB train of thought that anyone is a target and there need not be reason or a CB to carry out attacks.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1296792996' post='2618820']
And their problem with doing so was that you did not provide TPF with that which has been standard on this planet since time immemorial, a deceleration of war when you decided to go to war with our nations. See where the initial disconnect comes from here and who caused it?
[/quote]
No, their problem was that they thought the MK nations were rogues [spoilers: they weren't]. It's a bit early for calls of revisionism, but it's damn tempting.

You know, I'd find Doomhouse much more palatable if their members didn't try to milk everything for points in such a blatantly obvious way. ML has no negative characteristics for helping out against those attacking its treaty partner, and has broken less of a "taboo" (if you can even call it that) than MK has.

Commenting on it being a "dumbspasm" or any other sign of inferiority or incompetence just sounds like you're grasping for a straw and insulting yourself in the process. So the alliance wasn't nice to you when you "negotiated". Do you recall that you yourselves didn't even bother to negotiate in the first place when attacking NPO or TPF? I very much doubt Doomhouse is that thin-skinned, so just stick the the OP's message and keep it "business as usual". It's not too hard.

I will also suggest that you could have made a declaration to expand the war to TPF in the first place. It's less clutter than the dozen or so "Dear XXX" threads around here anyway. The only rational reason not to do so would be if you wanted to make the other party declare first so as to have a greater chance of activating defensive treaties. And we all know there's no change you would do something like that, right?

[quote]I don't see how you can spin this into an offensive war on our part.[/quote]

It's a bit of a twist to claim that fighting against retaliation to your aggression is defensive.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296793174' post='2618832']
No, their problem was that they thought the MK nations were rogues [spoilers: they weren't]. It's a bit early for calls of revisionism, but it's damn tempting.
[/quote]
Part of the reason DOW's have been posted in the past is to let everyone know that the nations of one aa attacking those of a separate aa are not, indeed, rogues. You see how your actions led to such confusion don't you?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296793132' post='2618829']
NPO, the Neutrals, NPO, Purple, NPO, SOS, NPO, GOONS, and NPO again is not everything. I am dissapointed in your "everything must die" slogan now.
[/quote]

Notice the little "..." at the end? I'm just keeping some suspense and surprises for later.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296793000' post='2618821']
You do realise the "Unholy Alliance" MDoAP between TOP and MK is active and well, right?
And you also realise that TOP has not spoken against anything MK has done lately, right?

TOP's MDoAP with MK and support of what MK is doing makes them on MK's side, at least until NPO finishes burning.
[/quote]

I totally understand that. However, that is not what it sounded like he was insinuating.

We don't have nations in range [b]as our nations in range are in anarchy, fighting the NPO or[/b] their potential TPF opponents are in PM. This is feeling very circular.

[/quote]

You see how you kept leaving the bolded part out of your initial argument as to why you could not post a DoW, thus why we are in this conversation in the first place.

What any of the reasons above have to do with not posting a DoW is still escaping me however.

I fail to see why people would be annoyed with this. Molon Labe attacked nations without talking to us first asking if those nations were rogues, then Umbrella went to them telling them that those attacks were government sanctioned, only for them to say "lol nope, they're rogues!"

Considering the nations attacking were government members, it's pretty clear that their intentions were to avoid any form of real diplomacy. And that, I say fine - see you on the battlefield.

Edit: also there's really no point in posting a DoW if you're only declaring 1 war on a nation.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296792741' post='2618804']
Since ML needs a DOW to hit MK, where is MK's DOW they needed to hit TPF?

Since you don't do that, don't be too shocked when others don't do it either.
[/quote]
I laid it out clearly in the post yours was responding to. Reread what I said.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1296793263' post='2618837']
I totally understand that. However, that is not what it sounded like he was insinuating.
[/quote]
If someone hit MK that they thought was a sufficient threat I have no doubt TOP would join if asked. They are as commited as MK to see NPO burn.

[quote name='WCaesarD' timestamp='1296789831' post='2618651']
Your op states that sanctioned attacks on another alliance constitutes an alliance war. Your alliance has done exactly this to TPF. TPF's treaty partner, ML responds in kind, seems fairly simple to me. So I assume you now recognize formal hostilities (war) with TPF as well, as per this logic outlined at the start of this discussion?
[/quote]

Of course not! That's not at all how it's being twisted! Get with the program and stop interrupting the thread with truth lol ;) Wouldn't want to stop the whine fest both sides seem to have going here.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1296793119' post='2618828']
Nice dodge.
[/quote]
Um, not really. I simply pointed out it's not hypocrisy and, apparently, devastated your argument.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1296793134' post='2618830']
Let's say 3 GPA nations attack 3 FAN nations, would it not be unreasonable to presume the GPA nations were rogues if no DoW was given.

The same does not hold true in your example if one were to say the 3 FAN nations were rogues because they got hit. One side is initiating the fight without a DoW. Not everyone conforms to MK/UMB train of thought that anyone is a target and there need not be reason or a CB to carry out attacks.
[/quote]
I would expect FAN and GPA would converse to see what was going on. And GPA would say "they are rogues, feel free to hit them." However this case is different. MK informed ML that they were not rogues, and ML insisted that they were. We we formally declared war on them.

[quote][i]"The Duckroll Project is a new standard in allied military coordination. Our military units, once individuals, are now one. This is not a bloc, you will find no clause requiring one signatory to come to the aid of another. We are above and beyond that. We are the Duckroll."[/i][/quote]
So Duckroll I hear that you all are one military unit. Apparently only when you want it to be though.

Edited by Sulmar

Wow. Do I really need to explain a facetious remark?

PB declares war on NpO. A rash of declarations occur.

NPO and their allies stay out of war. Doomhouse, seeing that NPO looks like they may or may not support their allies in wars against PB, decide to pre-emptively strike them.

Doom House is now at war with ML. The rest of Duckroll stay out of war. Doom House sees that Duckroll looks like they may or may not support their ally in the war against Doom House. Shouldn't they pre-emptively strike them? After all, it's virtually the same circumstances as NPO. MK even defeated both NPO and Duckroll in the last two major conflicts! xD

(I know that they probably won't, since TOP is their ally. And a very bitter ally at that due to their loss in that last war, which, ironically, they lost because they did the exact same thing as Doom House did this war.)

Edited by Taishaku