Question for old CN players

Morphine Mate

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"]It was a time in which I hated anything related to 'fun' due to certain individuals having a bit too much of it at the expense of every player in the game.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"](OOC - /b/ tards attempted to disable or destroy the game by stealing the game code.)[/font]

Edited by Owned-You

[OOC]They, /b/, used, if I recall correctly, pictures which would be illegal in many OOC countries. Since this is a legit question I feel justified in answering it out of character. This thread might want to be moved to the OOC area though, as it is almost impossible to discuss in character due to the OOC nature of the event. The game was brought to a standstill while the Admin and his team cleaned out the forums and let everyone cool down.[/OOC]

Edited by Feuersturm

This thread brings back memories. And not entirely pleasant ones.

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1296694852' post='2616767']
[OOC]They, /b/, used, if I recall correctly, pictures which would be illegal in many OOC countries.[/OOC]
[/quote]

[OOC:Was some very awful content. The closest I've ever been to quitting this game. I was that disgusted.]

Edited by SirWilliam

The people of Rugby only hear of such things from their old and crazy founders who live in a cave.

[OOC]I think the only possible good that came out of that event was that although the game and forums were down, a lot of members still came on IRC and our forums just to hang out and chat with each other - despite there being literally no reason to be there without our nations. It's a testament to the good communities Planet Bob can create, in contrast to the "bad" community who caused the Dark Day. I think Admin and the mods made the right decision. [OOC]

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296700110' post='2616858']
The only day in history in which the entirety of the game was able to agree to EZI 200 nations off the game with extreme prejudice.
[/quote]
[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296776303' post='2618341']
This thread brings back memories. And not entirely pleasant ones.

[OOC:Was some very awful content. The closest I've ever been to quitting this game. I was that disgusted.]
[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

A few months later, one of those folks came back and sent a number of image-filled PMs to various people. I was 'fortunate' enough to get one of those. (By the time I went to report it the individual had already been banned/deleted.)