Ragnarok declaration of war

Tautology

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295550151' post='2586813']
The amount of whining in this thread coming from VE/GOONS/[b]Umbrella[/b] is amazing and make me so happy that I wanna dance, the complaining just shows that Pandora Box only applaud alliances who honor treaties if said alliance is in their side and honor treaties with alliances not in their side is the wrong thing to do.
[/quote]
I don't see any whining coming for us. Just asking questions. We're just asking questions.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295543131' post='2586579']
............. [b]VE's side is hardly at risk of losing this war[/b],...........
[/quote]
So wait, what I hear you saying is NPO is going to find some way to avoid fighting for it's allies, when they become involved, because you think it's going to be in a losing war? That's really pathetic you know.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1295555244' post='2587034']
So wait, what I hear you saying is NPO is going to find some way to avoid fighting for it's allies, when they become involved, because you think it's going to be in a losing war? That's really pathetic you know.
[/quote]

Lolokay, I'm not sure where exactly you pulled that out of but maybe you should try reading my post again.

The point was its silly that the likely winning side of this war is butthurt over RoK's decision to fight with polar. RoK wanted to honor their obligation, and the other side isn't really put at risk because of it, so the whiners should just shut up and take their spoils. In the simplest terms: the argument attempting to detract from Rok's character over this action is founded on something fundamentally inconsequential.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1295555244' post='2587034']
[/quote]
NPO joining would not change the outcome. I know the stats look like this is a fairly close war, but that's without taking into account the tremendous firepower that PB/SF/CnG and their various allies have in reserve. Unless we get a twist even crazier than BiPolar, this war is over and VE wins.

-Bama

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1295553920' post='2586980']
Hardly, just pointing out a double standard. Something I thought you had much appreciation for?
[/quote]

You like to point out double standards? So look at your bloc mate VE, they are full of them.

As a result of an overwhelming number of replies to my comments in this thread (which I’m flattered by, really), I will take a moment here to more fully elaborate on my thoughts (and in a far more mature, intelligent manner than ChairmanHal while I’m at it).

I understand fully the circumstances here, pertaining specifically to NpO’s request to RoK and the latter’s resultant activation of their MDoAP. RoK followed the [i]letter[/i] of their treaty with Polar. My point has been that this has seemingly been at the expense of following the [i]spirit[/i] of their SuperFriends treaty (where, MADPed, you ride as one). I find it extremely difficult to believe that RoK didn’t anticipate GOD backing their MDAP partner (VE) and their side, and by extension find it difficult to believe that RoK didn't anticipate backing NpO would result in fighting opposite fellow SuperFriends (albeit on different fronts). So although I can empathize with the tough position RoK was and is in, I nonetheless find their entrance in this war on Polar’s behalf in poor harm.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295555975' post='2587057']
Lolokay, I'm not sure where exactly you pulled that out of but maybe you should try reading my post again.

The point was its silly that the likely winning side of this war is butthurt over RoK's decision to fight with polar. RoK wanted to honor their obligation, and the other side isn't really put at risk because of it, so the whiners should just shut up and take their spoils. In the simplest terms: the argument attempting to detract from Rok's character over this action is founded on something fundamentally inconsequential.
[/quote]

It's like, a cat with string .. Roll the ball out and watch 'em chase it.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1295531067' post='2586241']
And you are wrong again.... You started this war by spying. Spying is considered to be an offense, [b][size="3"]you spy, you get hit. Pretty common[/size]. [/b]
Good luck anyways, it's not that VE doesn't deserve it.

This war is [i]soooooo[/i] win-win. :P
[/quote]
Then why isn't VE hitting this guy? [url]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=441163[/url]

Also, too bad \m/ didn't do the same to VE when they spied. Either way....good luck to all sides here. We got a war!

o/ RoK

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295556934' post='2587091']
I understand fully the circumstances here, pertaining specifically to NpO’s request to RoK and the latter’s resultant activation of their MDoAP. RoK followed the [i]letter[/i] of their treaty with Polar. My point has been that this has seemingly been at the expense of following the [i]spirit[/i] of their SuperFriends treaty (where, MADPed, you ride as one). I find it extremely difficult to believe that RoK didn’t anticipate GOD backing their MDAP partner (VE) and their side, and by extension find it difficult to believe that RoK didn't anticipate backing NpO would result in fighting opposite fellow SuperFriends (albeit on different fronts). So although I can empathize with the tough position RoK was and is in, I nonetheless find their entrance in this war on Polar’s behalf in poor harm.
[/quote]

I dont think GOD has a MDAP with VE, they entered with R&R as part of their Superfriends treaty. But since apparently RoK told all their treaty partners that they were defending Polar 48 hours in advance, it seems like R&R and GOD declared knowing they would be fighting on the opposite of RoK.

Anyways o/ RoK, have a good war!

Edited by All the wright moves

[quote name='All the wright moves' timestamp='1295557532' post='2587109']
I dont think GOD has a MDAP with VE, they entered with R&R as part of their Superfriends treaty. But since apparently RoK told all their treaty partners that they were defending Polar 48 hours in advance, it seems like R&R and GOD declared knowing they would be fighting on the opposite of RoK.

Anyways o/ RoK, have a good war!
[/quote]

Uhhh, GOD *does* have an MDAP with VE. I didn't say it was how they entered though. Thus, my original statement and point stands.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295556934' post='2587091']
As a result of an overwhelming number of replies to my comments in this thread (which I’m flattered by, really), I will take a moment here to more fully elaborate on my thoughts (and in a far more mature, intelligent manner than ChairmanHal while I’m at it).

I understand fully the circumstances here, pertaining specifically to NpO’s request to RoK and the latter’s resultant activation of their MDoAP. RoK followed the [i]letter[/i] of their treaty with Polar. My point has been that this has seemingly been at the expense of following the [i]spirit[/i] of their SuperFriends treaty [b](where, MADPed, you ride as one). I find it extremely difficult to believe that RoK didn’t anticipate GOD backing their MDAP partner[/b] (VE) and their side, and by extension find it difficult to believe that RoK didn't anticipate backing NpO would result in fighting opposite fellow SuperFriends (albeit on different fronts). So although I can empathize with the tough position RoK was and is in, I nonetheless find their entrance in this war on Polar’s behalf in poor harm.
[/quote]

I'm sure you've seen it pointed out, but the MADP part of the treaty has to be voted on by all of SF, which did not take place.

I'm not "in the know" as much as others, so correct me if I'm wrong, just trying to keep up but from what I've read, I was under the impression GOD/R&R never told RoK of their intentions, whereas RoK did tell the others, and in the [i]spirit[/i] of the SF treaty GOD/R&R would have been in the wrong for not informing their allies and GOD didn't come in on VE's behalf they came in in support of R&R, after being informed of RoK's intentions, so wouldn't that make it GOD/R&R's fault for being on opposite sides?

Edited by Weezy

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1295557967' post='2587126']
I'm sure you've seen it pointed out, but the MADP part of the treaty has to be voted on by all of SF, which did not take place.
[/quote]

I'm well aware (and was without it having been pointed out).

I don't have much to say about the rest of your post given that I am not internally involved in SF affairs. I will point out though, again, that I never said or implied that GOD entered on VE's behalf (just that they're MADPed).

C'mon guys, please read. :(

edit: done with edits

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1295555975' post='2587057']

[/quote]
Okay, read it again, and I came to the same conclusion. Satisfied? :smug: I guess I'll be proven right or wrong depending on NPO's actions. I'm not butthurt about RoK's decision. I just don't think it was a wise move for the future of their alliance is all. They are sovereign and can do what they want.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1295556186' post='2587064']
NPO joining would not change the outcome. I know the stats look like this is a fairly close war, but that's without taking into account the tremendous firepower that PB/SF/CnG and their various allies have in reserve. Unless we get a twist even crazier than BiPolar, this war is over and VE wins.
-Bama
[/quote]
Well from my perspective that's not the case, look at the number of alliances that felt they needed to DoW iFOK. :lol1: But I get what you are saying. In any case, winning/losing a war shouldn't determine whether you enter it. But not all alliances subscribe to that theory I guess.

[quote name='Weezy' timestamp='1295557967' post='2587126']
I was under the impression GOD/R&R never told RoK of their intentions
[/quote]

We did tell them, actually, but this post along with others explaining the same thing will continue to be overlooked in the meantime.

Edited by Mixoux

[quote name='Big Z' timestamp='1295549735' post='2586804']
As stated before to Hoo, he is unfortunately quite wrong about the facts and that I suggest he reconsult Taut for a clearer picture of the events. [b]Saying otherwise before getting a full picture of the events that have taken place out of the view of the public eye is just asking to look stupid in a few day's time.[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, we know that some SF alliances will be defending RoK ... that doesn't really change anything. Since RoK insisted on going in and you didn't want to defend them 100% and push PB away, you decided to move the pieces and make sure the war was contained. This way, RoK gets to defend Polar and everything remains copacetic between SF and PB. I know the drill. I've been there in those conversations before. Since you couldn't talk RoK out of letting ally burn, I can only theorize that you simply controlled who hit RoK in retaliation and who will then counter. No offense to SLCB, but they aren't known for being the most organized or active alliance, so a counter-declaration on RoK just minutes after they posted sort of supports that theory.

Also, I am well aware of what Taut knows and he has been reconsulted. My stance hasn't changed and neither has theirs.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295558224' post='2587136']
Yes, we know that some SF alliances will be defending RoK ... that doesn't really change anything. Since RoK insisted on going in and you didn't want to defend them 100% and push PB away, you decided to move the pieces and make sure the war was contained. This way, RoK gets to defend Polar and everything remains copacetic between SF and PB. I know the drill. I've been there in those conversations before. Since you couldn't talk RoK out of letting ally burn, I can only theorize that you simply controlled who hit RoK in retaliation and who will then counter. No offense to SLCB, but they aren't known for being the most organized or active alliance, so a counter-declaration on RoK just minutes after they posted sort of supports that theory.

Also, I am well aware of what Taut knows and he has been reconsulted. My stance hasn't changed and neither has theirs.
[/quote]

So you'd rather everyone in SF ignore all their treaties to PB just so RoK can defend an ally who encouraged a spy to spy on..RoK's other ally?

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1295556400' post='2587072']
You mean like war on TPF and NSO?
[/quote]

This is frankly one of the things that upset me. When Rok wants something VE has their back, we rolled in the six million dollar war on literally minutes notice, no questions asked. They needed us we were there.

But when VE is the one asking instead of giving suddenly Rok is joining the other side of the war.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295557812' post='2587119']
No, they don't. They have two.
[/quote]

And an MDoAP too.