Sup CN

Lennox

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295463429' post='2584094']
SLCB tried that several times to no avail.
[/quote]

SLCB is one of those rare alliances who actually starts something. We all should learn from them, or else stop complaining that nothing ever happens.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1295464526' post='2584109']Props Lennox, you did what most people don't have the balls or cunning to do.[/quote]If you really believe this you're an idiot as well as a tool.

I could burn Polar a thousand times over, but I never have and I never will and not because of a lack of courage or an inability to think of a plan. No, I don't burn my alliance because after years of working besides my comrades to overcome hardships, of bonding with them on an OOC level and of sharing their struggles, the very idea of purposely hurting them is absolutely anathema to me for [b]any reason[/b].

The fact that Lennox would do so because he was "bored" is disgraceful. The fact that he did so by abusing the trust of a man who has considered him an OOC friend after three years of bonding, a man who had been his champion when people spoke an ill word, a man who had been at the forefront of trying to keep him safe and happy is disgusting

So, basically, go to hell Sigma. We should never have risked Polar's safety by letting you anonymously reroll and rejoin as Lennox while you were on NPO's PZI list because we thought their sentence was unfair to you on an OOC level. We should never have let you consistently leave and rejoin Polar repeatedly times because, OOC, we thought you were a cool guy. We should never have bothered to intervene to save you from GPA because, OOC, we sympathized with your boredom. You are, out of character, a god damn sociopath for trading the OOC good opinion of 400 people who sincerely called you brother because you wanted to make a splash in a game you profess to no longer care about.

Christ that felt good. Worth the reprimand.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1295470361' post='2584216']
SLCB is one of those rare alliances who actually starts something. We all should learn from them, or else stop complaining that nothing ever happens.
[/quote]

Somebody put this man in charge of something. Now.

A curbstomp is not fun. [b]I[/b] could set up a curbstomp even. You people rehash this line every time a curbstomp happens with the hope of convincing anybody, and it doesn't.

You betrayed friends (a friend you knew would do no harm) AND you just set back any further global wars by at least 6 months. Gee, thanks!

EDIT: Also if you really cared, you'd have actually engineered the opposition, or worked to change opinions to the opposition, instead of letting an alliance get stomped because you're a jackass. Of course, that's the hard way, the way that would probably have gotten !@#$ [i]actually[/i] done.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1295411146' post='2582729']<SNIP>
That brings up my next point, that most of you are cowards. This is a game. Take a risk once in a while and try to take someone down. If you fail, whats the worst that can happen? The numbers on your screen change lol.[/quote]
You're not wrong about those that continued to complain that they hadn't any war, but you could for once also consider that not everybody is here for the warfare either. I for one don't wish to participate in CN's armed conflicts, as they're too much time-consuming for my current RL.
There's also the consideration about actually [i]succeeding[/i] in what you try to do, as CN's history proved that patient people that take the time to actually prepare and to plan, eventually prevail over those that would fight at any/every occasion.
Covering everything with your simplification about "cowardice" is missing the mark (by a long shot).

You have your style, anyway, and I respect it: it's a game, after all. Welcome back, try to stay this time: I have faith that you can win your laziness and actually work on something.

About the "betrayal" of Dajobo, people, c'mon... This is a [i]game[/i], and anyway it's not exactly like Lennox pretended to be a saint before this last deed of his. Trusting him over anything at the IC level is quite naive, especially if one had the occasion to know his history.
Hopefully Dajobo will soon be able to see it from this perspective, to laugh over it and to realize that he actually learnt something. If he doesn't already, that's it.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1295424740' post='2583535']Oh look everyone, [i]another [/i]one of these threads complaining about people complaining.[/quote]
Ah ah, good one! :)

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295470530' post='2584218']
If you really believe this you're an idiot as well as a tool.

I could burn Polar a thousand times over, but I never have and I never will and not because of a lack of courage or an inability to think of a plan. No, I don't burn my alliance because after years of working besides my comrades to overcome hardships, of bonding with them on an OOC level and of sharing their struggles, the very idea of purposely hurting them is absolutely anathema to me for [b]any reason[/b].
[/quote]

No you couldn't

the fact that lennox wasn't government and had in many people's mind no real motive to do this made him able to succeed. If you were to suddenly leave and then drop lots of logs and BS all over the forums all polar would really need to do is say "he's rouge ex - gov" you would then be ZIed and everyone would have an excellent laugh at your expense.

[quote name='SiCkO' timestamp='1295479349' post='2584407']
No you couldn't

the fact that lennox wasn't government and had in many people's mind no real motive to do this made him able to succeed. If you were to suddenly leave and then drop lots of logs and BS all over the forums all polar would really need to do is say "he's rouge ex - gov" you would then be ZIed and everyone would have an excellent laugh at your expense.
[/quote]
Uh he doesn't have to leave. He could do it from a position of government and then the exact same thing would happen, since you know Dajobo did this from a position of government.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1295486240' post='2584622']
You seem to have gotten yourself confused with someone else.

:v:
[/quote]

It's even worse when I confuse someone else with me, but don't be so sensitive, bzelger. Don't worry, no one's coat will ever shine as nicely as yours, even if your breath does smell a bit like Fancy Feast. :P

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1295476638' post='2584354']About the "betrayal" of Dajobo, people, c'mon... This is a [i]game[/i], and anyway it's not exactly like Lennox pretended to be a saint before this last deed of his. Trusting him over anything at the IC level is quite naive, especially if one had the occasion to know his history.Hopefully Dajobo will soon be able to see it from this perspective, to laugh over it and to realize that he actually learnt something. If he doesn't already, that's it.Ah ah, good one! :)[/quote]This isn't about the game for him. He's looking for selfish, momentary gratification during a bored break and to get it he decided to sacrifice four hundred people who genuinely liked him. That's not heroic. That's not acceptable. That's flat out wrong.

[quote name='SiCkO' timestamp='1295479349' post='2584407']No you couldn't the fact that lennox wasn't government and had in many people's mind no real motive to do this made him able to succeed. If you were to suddenly leave and then drop lots of logs and BS all over the forums all polar would really need to do is say "he's rouge ex - gov" you would then be ZIed and everyone would have an excellent laugh at your expense.[/quote]Please.

I could have faked a screenshot about Polar pre-emptively attacking VE, given it to Impero, and watched safely from the sidelines as Polar was crushed. I'm just was not enough of a self-absorbed narcissist to do it.

I feel no sympathy for nor do I care about what you've done personally to Dajobo.
However, there are a lot of good people in Polaris and several of them remain my closest friends in this game (IC and OOC), despite the Polar-CF drama a few months ago. As far as I see it, you've thrown them all under a bus just so you could get your "lolz". For this Lennox, you are scum, absolute scum. The day will come when you receive your comeuppance and that will be a day to savor.

I sense someone is megalomaniac. You didn’t do anything, it was VE et al. that wanted this war and they started it. The CB is obviously rather thin and it is the political and military power of the attacking alliances that makes it “valid” for the international community (OWF crowd). So I don’t see you being an indispensable part of it, anyone treacherous/amoralist or just bored could do it. It is just that you were immediately available.
Personally I would prefer a war declared for the real political reasons rather than a declaration based on some laughable CB. It would actually be innovative and a somewhat brave move.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1295480054' post='2584422']
You are the first NSO member I have come to like, and that is a terrific feat. Congratulations.
[/quote]

He's not a NSO member so we're still batting 1.000 with you.