A note from Dark Fist

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a pretty open and shut case (the protection was pretty clearly indicated in posts on pages 1 and 2). I hope that NEW's allies tell them that they're not getting support, since military force is about the only thing that alliance seems to understand.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292721230' post='2543339']
This is really a pretty open and shut case (the protection was pretty clearly indicated in posts on pages 1 and 2). I hope that NEW's allies tell them that they're not getting support, since military force is about the only thing that alliance seems to understand.
[/quote]
Bob, please refrain from using sense, most of us want something, like this, to blow up and go global.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292721230' post='2543339']
[/quote]

Silly Bob, you can't OPT OUT of a defense treaty.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292721423' post='2543345']
Bob, please refrain from using sense, most of us want something, like this, to blow up and go global.
[/quote]
nah, this issue here just needs to end in NEW getting their asses whipped to teach them how things work.
Then again I wouldn't mind if we could make that whipping global, though that would probably result in an AA-wide ZI for them...

[quote name='the dakotans' timestamp='1292720820' post='2543333']
Raiding dead alliances? Seriously?

I didn't really know you DF, but wish you guys the best of luck in the future.
[/quote]

Raiding dead alliances is perfectly normal and happens everyday on Planet Bob. It just doesn't happen when that dead alliance remains protected though, which is the case here.

[quote name='Sang Jaya' timestamp='1292656858' post='2542535']no future for alliance like this.
Behave scm, dont do same mistake.[/quote]

You and your alliance would have done well to follow your own advice.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292699070' post='2542881']People forget that DF attacked NEW in Karma war without a CB or a treaty, so this stuff wasn't unexpected. Good luck NEW![/quote]

You forget the stupidity of your own words.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292701455' post='2542931']There was no way to e-lawyer your way into attacking as was said at the time. It wasnt a bloc v bloc war at all. I must of heard people say a hundred times Karma wasnt a bloc. Im sure you said it yourself at some point[/quote]

Your knowledge of the politics is not extensive. Wars are full of treaty chaining and ghost DoWs. What we did is no different to what every alliance in every side does, except we did it in an honest and upfront way.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1292706711' post='2543023']Darkfist disbanded and therefore all treaties are considered voided. It's somewhat a messy situation because Dark Fist didn't mentioned a protector in the announcement. But I know NEW and they are cool guys and are probably willing to peace out.[/quote]

It has been mentioned several times that the Dark Fist AA is being protected, please learn to read.

[quote name='JBone' timestamp='1292708114' post='2543056']All I see are 16 ongoing wars, 9 for 9 anarchied DF nations, some whinging and moaning from [i]former allies[/i] and "friends", empty threats and posturing.[/quote]

I know the concept of friendship is foreign to you, but it is not to many others. If this happened to any friend of Dark Fist, the response would be swift and green.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1292720060' post='2543314']Uh, where did Fin mention any language barrier? It just seems that NEW doesn't recognize those protections on a disbanded alliance.[/quote]

Ignorance is not an excuse.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1292721423' post='2543345']
[/quote]
I support this most wise statement :P

CN X-mas War '10 ftw \o/

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292699070' post='2542881']
People forget that DF attacked NEW in Karma war without a CB or a treaty, so this stuff wasn't unexpected. Good luck NEW!
[/quote]

That's good to know; however, lets not dwell to much on the past but focus on the present situation - an unfortunate one at that.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1292704017' post='2542969']
So can we expect DOWs 15 minutes before update tonight? :awesome:
[/quote]

Don't hold your breath.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1292705351' post='2542990']
Considering they disbanded, arent the treaties nulled? The only people who can even claim to have a case here are TPE and Int, since they kind off expressed their intentions to protect the remaining members.
[/quote]

We all know this; however, precedent states that disbanded alliances are protected by their allies for a certain amount of time.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292707845' post='2543050']
Thank you, person I've never spoken with. It's good to know that you are so intimately aware of how I run my alliance and what our philosophy and goals are.
[/quote]

I did indeed quote your post, but your post was a general one, and my comment was meant to be read in the same light. 'Agenda' as I used it there could be anything from your stated desire to protect your old alliance/ally after their disbandment, or someone who just wanted to get a war going if they see the sides looking favorable. It wasn't a knock on you.

I was going to ask if these raids by NEW had all been declared before most of the posts stating they were protected had been made, but from Finnish Commie's posts and a couple others it seems that is a main issue in this dispute ATM?

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1292722677' post='2543371']I was going to ask if these raids by NEW had all been declared before most of the posts stating they were protected had been made, but from Finnish Commie's posts and a couple others it seems that is a main issue in this dispute ATM?[/quote]

Protection was made clear in OP, there is absolutely no dispute. Anyone who tries to dispute this is kidding themselves.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1292722727' post='2543373']
But you promised ZI for all raiders?

Your winter coat is coming in nicely. Yellow.
[/quote]

If you read SCY's post it clearly said "15 minutes before tonight's update" - being it the case that NEW's government is mostly Indonesian? it's kinda hard to work diplomacy if their not around. But since you know...so...much....please keep talking.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292723147' post='2543380']
If you read SCY's post it clearly said "15 minutes before tonight's update" - being it the case that NEW's government is mostly Indonesian? it's kinda hard to work diplomacy if their not around. But since you know...so...much....please keep talking.
[/quote]

BTW, please don't take my post to mean I wish you or TPE ill will, its just been way to long since we've had a war.

[quote name='Mr. Teets' timestamp='1292723232' post='2543384']
I certainly hope your mouth is big enough to fit your foot in it.
[/quote]

When we don't stand by our word I will happily put my foot in my mouth. Until then we will deal with this situation rationally.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292723147' post='2543380']
[/quote]

talking....like.....this....accomplishes....nothing

From the posts of people earlier the stance of the NEW government has already been quite clear. They will not pay reps nor apologize. Are you merely trying to put off what you have to do as long as possible?

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1292723498' post='2543394']
When we don't stand by our word I will happily put my foot in my mouth. Until then we will deal with this situation rationally.
[/quote]

"all raiders will be ZId"

If you don't do this then you aren't standing by your word. Even if NEW apologizes, AND gives reps, it still will not be you physically manning up and ZIing them.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1292723637' post='2543396']
From the posts of people earlier the stance of the NEW government has already been quite clear. They will not pay reps nor apologize. Are you merely trying to put off what you have to do as long as possible?
[/quote]

Government, not the leader, if I'm not mistaken.