A note from Dark Fist

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1292699358' post='2542887']
I don't get it; NEW are ignoring the protectorates that have been announced so why decide to raid now? If you have no objection to ignoring protectorates what was to stop you ignoring their treaties?
[/quote]
It appears the attack might be a revenge attack under the guise of a raid. also, they have a history of ignoring treaties when it suits them

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292699070' post='2542881']
People forget that DF attacked NEW in Karma war without a CB or a treaty, so this stuff wasn't unexpected. Good luck NEW!
[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292699070' post='2542881']
People forget that DF attacked NEW in Karma war without a CB or a treaty, so this stuff wasn't unexpected. Good luck NEW!
[/quote]

Having been directly involved in that the CB was bloc v bloc warfare and our bloc needed help on that front. I believe we could have found a way to make a "valid" CB through e-lawyering but we decided against it since e-lawyering, in our minds, is for pansies.

Sorry to hear it. The little contact I've had with members of DF have been positive.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292634016' post='2542173']
It's hardly unusual for the former allies of a disbanded alliance to offer protection to the remnants until they can find new homes; keep those shiny nukes of yours in your pants for now, I'm sure you'll find some good raid target somewhere else.
[/quote]

Personally, imo it should be assumed that when an alliance disbands, it's allies/treaties stay in effect for at least a reasonable amount of time unless otherwise noted. Friendships don't disappear the instant a group disbands. In fact, when my previous alliance was in that situation a number of the members joined our allies. It just takes time to get word to everyone.

Edited by White Chocolate

I guess we can only wait and see now whether the DF side will push for war.. I'm sure the back channel will be quite busy for awhile.

Though probably nothing will happen since it could end up as the dreaded "split", so those in charge probably will want to avoid war :)

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292700661' post='2542914']
Having been directly involved in that the CB was bloc v bloc warfare and our bloc needed help on that front. I believe we could have found a way to make a "valid" CB through e-lawyering but we decided against it since e-lawyering, in our minds, is for pansies.
[/quote]
There was no way to e-lawyer your way into attacking as was said at the time. It wasnt a bloc v bloc war at all. I must of heard people say a hundred times Karma wasnt a bloc. Im sure you said it yourself at some point

[quote]On this day, the alliance of Dark Fist, would like to issue declaration of war on the Nusantara Elite Warriors. [b]The reason for the war is pretty simple; We're on one side, they're on another.[/b]..of the same war. We got word that some alliances fighting NEW could use some backup, and so we're going to provide it. [b]DF is not an alliance which needs a piece of paper as an excuse to do what's right and help out some friends.[/b] In b4 e-laywers.[/quote]

Alterego, on May 6 2009, 02:58 PM, said:
[quote]Forget about a treaty or CB for your DoW Karma dont even need a reason to attack anyone they want, membership to the block is good enough.[/quote]

Starcraftmazter
[quote][b]Karma is not a bloc[/b] it is a war coalition. I suggest you educate yourself with CN.[/quote]

Starcraftmazter
[quote][b]This is not a move by Karma, this is a move by Dark Fist.[/b] Please do not take the actions of one alliance to be the actions of an entire war coalition, consisting of around 100 alliances.[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56818&view=findpost&p=1503975

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292701455' post='2542931']
There was no way to e-lawyer your way into attacking as was said at the time. It wasnt a bloc v bloc war at all. I must of heard people say a hundred times Karma wasnt a bloc. Im sure you said it yourself at some point
[/quote]

Actually there was an easy way DF could have got in using the treaties at their disposal. However, they were an alliance that was never good at using pointless loopholes. This isn't the place for this argument though.

Still a pathetic move by NEW here.

Alterego as much as I'd like to dig through threads over a year old, it would have no point since your obsession with Kharma has clearly caused you to have a serious break with reality. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with this thread outside of NEW being butthurt over something that happened in May of 2009.

And nothing of value was left unraided. BWAAAAAAAAAA

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1292694102' post='2542800']
Veiled? "Raiders will be ZI'd" in bold. That is pretty blunt.
[/quote]
Something tells me this most certainly will not happen, mater of fact I'm willing to put up 100 tech. Any takers?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292699864' post='2542903']
It appears the attack might be a revenge attack under the guise of a raid. also, they have a history of ignoring treaties when it suits them

[/quote]
Um, no they really don't.

Gantan......you are amazing. :wub:

Enjoy yourselves guys, I'm sure Poison Clan will be there with the rest of PB to defend you in case anyone wants to stop you from having a little fun.

GOONS prolly did something awful too :obligatory:

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292703399' post='2542959']
Alterego as much as I'd like to dig through threads over a year old, it would have no point since your obsession with Kharma has clearly caused you to have a serious break with reality. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with this thread outside of NEW being butthurt over something that happened in May of 2009.
[/quote]
It took me two minutes.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1292705277' post='2542989']
You can't expect to roll a NOIR signatory and not attract a lot of !@#$ NEW. I thought you were smarter than this.
[/quote]

Considering they disbanded, arent the treaties nulled? The only people who can even claim to have a case here are TPE and Int, since they kind off expressed their intentions to protect the remaining members.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1292705351' post='2542990']
Considering they disbanded, arent the treaties nulled? The only people who can even claim to have a case here are TPE and Int, since they kind off expressed their intentions to protect the remaining members.
[/quote]

Welcome to a new world where friends defend friends without the need for e-lawyering.