A note from Dark Fist

Lets wait for official announcement from NEW..what is the result of last night meeting

btw..where is that chicken...you know...SCM..who's leaving his member without official protection lol

People who's talking for DF now are his lap dog only...

Edited by hellsign

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1292717701' post='2543258']
It's been too long. Can you blame us? This isn't a case of not liking someone, it's just a nice excuse to cause a bit of a ruckus. Something I whole-heartedly support, regardless of the outcome.
[/quote]

And to think that at one time, I had a lot of respect for Ella... My my times have changed.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1292718813' post='2543280']
Who is next?

NSO? Since getting rolled by RoK NSO has lost about 70-80 nations. 160-170 at the time of the war and now only has 91.

Your alliance is a strong candidate for disbandment RV.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I asked who was next. NSO won't be next. We're not smart enough to realize we're a terrible alliance.

Anyway, to those of you complaining about NEW raiding DF, might I suggest doing something about it? I can only hope that NSO will back TPF on this one.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1292719383' post='2543296']
[color="#0000FF"]I asked who was next. NSO won't be next. We're not smart enough to realize we're a terrible alliance.

Anyway, to those of you complaining about NEW raiding DF, might I suggest doing something about it? I can only hope that NSO will back TPF on this one.[/color]
[/quote]

So you, Mr. E-lawyer extraordinaire, support the raiding of alliances that have protection? Or are you applying a double standard just because you don't like DF?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292719479' post='2543299']
So you, Mr. E-lawyer extraordinaire, support the raiding of alliances that have protection? Or are you applying a double standard just because you don't like DF?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I do not support raiding, usually, but for the sake of alleviating boredom I can take no issue with NEW doing what it is doing. It is about time someone did something around here. So, why not?[/color]

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1292717956' post='2543261']
We went to NEW. We asked if they had read this topic. They said they had. Then we asked if the had noticed all the notices we made about protecting the AA. They had. Then we asked why would they go attacking them in any case. They came up with the rare legal precedent of "completely pulled out of their asses" and claimed that all those declarations of protection missed some magical "making them official alliance declarations" mark.

After we went though this train of thought with them multiple times we were pretty tired of it and just told them that they were obviously in the wrong and they should apologize and pay reparations for the damage done. They continued responding with their degrees on e-lawyer.
[/quote]
They're pretty much asking for it at this point; you may as well indulge them.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1292719631' post='2543302']
[color="#0000FF"]I do not support raiding, usually, but for the sake of alleviating boredom I can take no issue with NEW doing what it is doing. It is about time someone did something around here. So, why not?[/color]
[/quote]

I agree it is nice to see drama, but at least stick to your principles. Leaving them by the wayside just makes you a sellout.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292719439' post='2543297']
I don't think anyone involved wants this [i]particular[/i] war.
[/quote]

This is what I meant. You only have to look at the treaties of TPE/DT/Int and NEW to realize that the potential conflicts reach Bipolar levels pretty quickly.

e: TPE not TPF. [b]big[/b] difference

Edited by Chief Savage Man

[quote name='hellsign' timestamp='1292719151' post='2543289']
Lets wait for official announcement from NEW..what is the result of last night meeting

btw..where is that chicken...you know...SCM..who's leaving his member without official protection lol

People who's talking for DF now are his lap dog only...
[/quote]
SCM is involved in the negotiations. I would also love to be his lap dog alas he never allows me to stay on his lap for long.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1292717956' post='2543261']
We went to NEW. We asked if they had read this topic. They said they had. Then we asked if the had noticed all the notices we made about protecting the AA. They had. Then we asked why would they go attacking them in any case. They came up with the rare legal precedent of "completely pulled out of their asses" and claimed that all those declarations of protection missed some magical "making them official alliance declarations" mark.

After we went though this train of thought with them multiple times we were pretty tired of it and just told them that they were obviously in the wrong and they should apologize and pay reparations for the damage done. They continued responding with their degrees on e-lawyer.
[/quote]

NEW tries to use their supposed lack of understanding the common language (OOC: English) to their advantage all the time. It's gotten old because they play the same card over and over again.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1292719797' post='2543305']
This is what I meant. You only have to look at the treaties of TPE/DT and NEW to realize that the potential conflicts reach Bipolar levels pretty quickly.

e: TPE not TPF. [b]big[/b] difference
[/quote]

Unfortunately that is the issue these days. People are only to go to war if the treaties line up, not to protect their sovereignty or interests in spite of the treaties.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292719839' post='2543307']
NEW tries to use their supposed lack of understanding the common language (OOC: English) to their advantage all the time. It's gotten old because they play the same card over and over again.
[/quote]

Uh, where did Fin mention any language barrier? It just seems that NEW doesn't recognize those protections on a disbanded alliance.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1292720060' post='2543314']
Uh, where did Fin mention any language barrier? It just seems that NEW doesn't recognize those protections on a disbanded alliance.
[/quote]

He didn't. I did. I was implying they probably tried to use that to their advantage. Since FC said they went around and around with them.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1292719248' post='2543293']
All of you stop talking !@#$, you know this isn't going to come to blows. It's an ugly war that nobody wants.
[/quote]
You are cute...and so silly sometimes.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1292719383' post='2543296']
[color="#0000ff"]I asked who was next. NSO won't be next. We're not smart enough to realize we're a terrible alliance.

[/quote]
RV, TPF has no dog in this fight.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292719439' post='2543297']
I don't think anyone involved wants this [i]particular[/i] war.
[/quote]
This [i]particular[/i] war might be just what everybody wants.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292719703' post='2543303']
They're pretty much asking for it at this point; you may as well indulge them.
[/quote]
Indeed, it's a mater of honor now.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292719839' post='2543307']
[/quote]
Well, at least they stated they understood that there were posts saying "do not attack DF", they just claimed ignorance on understanding that those might be actual declarations of intent rather than just lunatic's ravings.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1292720473' post='2543324']
Well, at least they stated they understood that there were posts saying "do not attack DF", they just claimed ignorance on understanding that those might be actual declarations of intent rather than just lunatic's ravings.
[/quote]

One of my favorite lines from season one of my radio show is: "Ignorance has never been a valid excuse."

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1292720060' post='2543314']
[/quote]

Well like Banksy said, there has been a strong precedent for an AA's continued protection after a disbandment. I mean you need to give the remaining nations time to move on and make other arrangements and it's a protectors responsibility to make sure they have that time. NEW's been around long enough to understand this, they just don't care. Whatever ends up happening their actions alone have done damage to their reputation. An apology would be a good and reasonable start to repairing some of that damage, but I don't think NEW has it in them to swallow their pride. That's the mark of a true classy alliance, humility. I hope they prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breathe.