A note from Dark Fist

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292692196' post='2542764']
Yes, PLEASE.

(Sorry for perverting the meaning of your post. :awesome:)
[/quote]
You couldn't help yourself, could ya?

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292692245' post='2542766']
Didn't think this would be necessary.....
[/quote]
I'm not sure why you thought that. In my 3+ years in this world I've never seen someone make such veiled hints and threats and then expect them to be taken seriously.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW, you know if GOONS didn't do the raid, it is definitely off-limits. :P Poor show. ;)

That said, it's sad to see an established alliance being put to rest, but even more sad to see people like NEW swooping in like vultures with no regard for anyone but themselves - especially after receiving prior warning.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292693066' post='2542776']
Indeed. Still, is quite the bungled raid.
[/quote]

Are we to see NEW get an order from their “friends” about who they can and cant raid? Thinking back to the Bi-Polar war it seems their whole foreign policy is based on having friends who let them raid whoever they like whenever they like.

Actually they ditched their allies because they were on the same side of the world as people who didnt like their raiding, it wasnt even their allies who opposed their raiding

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292693126' post='2542778']
No, I really couldn't. I don't always have the best self-control. :(
[/quote]
It's a good life skill to learn.

[quote]
I think the INT gov't position was made pretty clear right here.

And yes, it's "official."

-Craig [/quote]
So from reading that, the official communist stance is that DF is welcome in INT for a temporary home?

[quote]
That said, it's sad to see an established alliance being put to rest, but even more sad to see people like NEW swooping in like vultures with no regard for anyone but themselves - especially after receiving prior warning. [/quote]
I actually think it is quite a nice thing to see NEW pissing all over Dark Fist's grave; they sure didn't deserve flowers. :V

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292693388' post='2542787']
I actually think it is quite a nice thing to see NEW pissing all over Dark Fist's grave; they sure didn't deserve flowers. :V
[/quote]

Good thing I have a poor memory and don't hold grudges if I can't remember why I'm holding them, then.
In other words, I don't recall anything particularly bad done by DF, especially towards me, but this incident brought up by NEW surely isn't looked at in a good light in my eyes.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292693366' post='2542785']
NEW, you know if GOONS didn't do the raid, it is definitely off-limits. :P
[/quote]

Hey now, imprudent raids are a thing of our past. ;)

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292693383' post='2542786']
Are we to see NEW get an order from their “friends” about who they can and cant raid? Thinking back to the Bi-Polar war it seems their whole foreign policy is based on having friends who let them raid whoever they like whenever they like.
[/quote]

I dunno. I'm, nominally, a friend, but have no desire to dictate what they can and cannot do. Can't speak for any of their other friends (those with actual sway).

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292693388' post='2542787']
It's a good life skill to learn.
[/quote]

This advice would perhaps do well for NSO, given you and yours' conduct in this thread. ;)

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292693709' post='2542795']
Hey now, imprudent raids are a thing of our past. ;)
[/quote]

Ah, changed your ways, have you? I guess I will give you a tiny sliver of credit for not raiding all our PnL protectorates when the bloc dissolved. Granted, they were clearly still protected, but it's not like you guys regarded that before. :ph34r:

NEW: trying to be the new GOONS since 2010. Somebody had to take their place when GOONS cleaned up. -_-

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292693067' post='2542777']
I'm not sure why you thought that. In my 3+ years in this world I've never seen someone make such veiled hints and threats and then expect them to be taken seriously.
[/quote]

Veiled? "Raiders will be ZI'd" in bold. That is pretty blunt.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292693709' post='2542795']
This advice would perhaps do well for NSO, given you and yours' conduct in this thread. ;)
[/quote]
Touche'

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292694047' post='2542799']
NEW: trying to be the new GOONS since 2010. Somebody had to take their place when GOONS cleaned up. -_-
[/quote]
NEW has been around longer than GOONS, and raiding longer than GOONS.

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1292694102' post='2542800']
[/quote]
It wasn't an official announcement. You know how many times a day we see threats from individuals who can't back it up, or are just bluffing and won't?

Nonetheless... I'm taking my leave... have a good one.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1292694102' post='2542800']
[/quote]

Unfortunately certainly people in this thread have shown that they have the cognitive powers of a tapeworm. They seem to think that ignoring all the precedents on Planet Bob and ignoring painfully clear statements will end well for them.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292694047' post='2542799']
Ah, changed your ways, have you? I guess I will give you a tiny sliver of credit for not raiding all our PnL protectorates when the bloc dissolved. Granted, they were clearly still protected, but it's not like you guys regarded that before. :ph34r:

[/quote]

Credit is not needed for paying all of zero attention to PnL and protectorates. Kudos for bringing us up though when we had nothing to do with the original situation to begin with - you're an astute one.

Perhaps take your hard-on elsewhere. Just a thought.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1292694673' post='2542808']
Unfortunately certainly people in this thread have shown that they have the cognitive powers of a tapeworm. They seem to think that ignoring all the precedents on Planet Bob and ignoring painfully clear statements will end well for them.
[/quote]
Sounds like NEW has some trouble coming their way for ignoring this

[quote name='Starcraftmazter' timestamp='1292632308' post='2542138']
Raiding our AA would probably be a bad idea.
Cheers,
Dark Fist Members
[/quote]

and this

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292635901' post='2542195']
[b]I second this statement - raiders will be ZI'd.[/b]

It's an extremely sad day, you guys were awesome allies and freinds. I wish all of your members nothing but the best moving forward.

o/ Dark Fist
o/ Prolific Fisting: The Fist Prevails!

It was a great run guys. It's sad to see you go :(
[/quote]

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292694110' post='2542801']
NEW has been around longer than GOONS, and raiding longer than GOONS.
[/quote]

Indeed, but I don't remember them doing something of this magnitude before.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292694756' post='2542811']
Credit is not needed for paying all of zero attention to PnL and protectorates. Kudos for bringing us up though when we had nothing to do with the original situation to begin with - you're an astute one.

Perhaps take your hard-on elsewhere. Just a thought.
[/quote]

You seem to have paid alot of attention to them before. I remember having to deal with you folk a few times a month there for a little while. And it was meant more in jest, by the way. I'm more getting at NEW, if you didn't notice.

I'm not the one that got his panties tied in a knot over a simple example. Get off.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292695220' post='2542820']
You seem to have paid alot of attention to them before. I remember having to deal with you folk a few times a month there for a little while.
[/quote]

Not sure what you're referring to, as I've had little interaction with TFD or PnL/protectorates.

It's all neither here nor there though I suppose.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292695220' post='2542820']
And it was meant more in jest, by the way. I'm more getting at NEW, if you didn't notice.

I'm not the one that got his panties tied in a knot over a simple example. Get off.
[/quote]

vOv

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292695554' post='2542823']
Not sure what you're referring to, as I've had little interaction with TFD or PnL/protectorates.

It's all neither here nor there though I suppose.
[/quote]

I suppose your memory is as poor as mine then. I remember many times GOONS raiding PnL protectorates and diplomats having to go over to solve the situation. I believe the most clear event in my mind was when Zenith was raided after their disbanding/merging. In pretty much every situation, though, GOONS was cooperative and diplomatic when confronted, unlike NEW who seem pretty proud of what they've done. And, I suppose comparing NEW to GOONS doesn't give GOONS much justice in the fact that I don't recall GOONS ever conducting 16 wars (not raids - it's a war when you do it so blatantly) on a recently disbanded alliance.

And I'm not sure what vOv is so I'll leave that one... :ph34r:

Edit: My first two sentences contradict each other quite ironically. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Edited by GearHead

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1292696069' post='2542827']
I suppose your memory is as poor as mine then. I remember many times GOONS raiding PnL protectorates and diplomats having to go over to solve the situation. I believe the most clear event in my mind was when Zenith was raided after their disbanding/merging. In pretty much every situation, though, GOONS was cooperative and diplomatic when confronted, unlike NEW who seem pretty proud of what they've done. And, I suppose comparing NEW to GOONS doesn't give GOONS much justice in the fact that I don't recall GOONS ever conducting 16 wars (not raids - it's a war when you do it so blatantly) on a recently disbanded alliance.

And I'm not sure what vOv is so I'll leave that one... :ph34r:
[/quote]

I was speaking personally, not for GOONS. The incidents you refer to were before my time in GOONS. ^_^

(Either way, quite some time ago. As has been demonstrated such imprudent raiding has since ceased.)

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292696443' post='2542834']
I was speaking personally, not for GOONS. The incidents you refer to were before my time in GOONS. ^_^
[/quote]
Oopers. My bad. :mellow:

[quote]
(Either way, quite some time ago. As has been demonstrated such imprudent raiding has since ceased.)
[/quote]
Round 2. I'll try to respond to this one less vaguely this time.
Since I don't recall any stark recent examples of this, even when GOONS were given the opportunity when PnL disbanded (and with other recent disbandments, for the record), this statement might be able to be taken for truth. :P

[quote name='hellsign' timestamp='1292697102' post='2542851']
Hei Gearhead..Sir Williams.. Shut Up...

Find your own threads will you..we dont need your blablabla here..

more words u said less brain u have
[/quote]

Back on topic: Sad story about DF, my condolences. NEW is bad. GOONS not so much anymore apprently. And the man with the big brain has great grammar. :awesome:

I think I summed it all up quite nicely. :)

Edit: and with that I'll give you a break from my blablabla. It's past Gearie's bedtime. And I can be a sarcastic chump sometimes. If you're a non native English speaker, don't let my words offend you. ;)

Edited by GearHead

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1292699070' post='2542881']
People forget that DF attacked NEW in Karma war without a CB or a treaty, so this stuff wasn't unexpected. Good luck NEW!
[/quote]
Ah, it was a premeditated attack or at least an expected attack and not just a genuine mistake. Very interesting.