Legio Frigidum

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292228903' post='2538312']
I was actually refering to the "lolar" sentiments I've seen expressed both here, and quite profusely on IRC. Mostly from MKers, though the PB, [b]TOP[/b] and \m/ types certainly haven't tried to hide their feelings.
[/quote]

This is a revelation to you?

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292232931' post='2538337']
[url=http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-4-2010/the-mourning-after]What precisely does "it" refer to in this sentence? Isn't "it" just a substitute generic for whatever you project onto "it"? I mean as far as pronouns go, "it" is amongst the vaguest.[/url]
[/quote]

my guess is the 'it' refers to the fact that mk and top are 'realpolitiking' your ass into the meatgrinder iirc..

i could be wrong though :)

The jokes in this thread are really funny. However, the treaty is logical and can actually be beneficial for both parts.

legion have a lot to learn with Polaris in some areas.
This treaty also suggest where Polaris decided to stay in the treaty web.

PS. Whoever came with "polio" is a genius...lol

Edit whoever

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1292249953' post='2538432']
Lets face it, its a great move from Legion's perspective and congratulations to them for it. This move alone shows why WAE label is boring and outdated.
[/quote]
Yes, if it was before Bi-Polar and NpO still had any sort of political capital left. All this treaty does is add Legion to NpOs long list of meatshields. Although i'm sure you see being a meatshield as a great honour and a goal to be strived for being in IRON n all. If Random is really going down the meatshield swarm tactic then he is going to be incredibly disappointed when he realises the military game has moved on from that period.

For the record, i don't think most people hate Legion. It's more pity. The same could be said about Polars slipping relevancy i guess...

Edited by MagicalTrevor

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1292253220' post='2538451']
Yes, if it was before Bi-Polar and NpO still had any sort of political capital left. All this treaty does is add Legion to NpOs long list of meatshields. Although i'm sure you see being a meatshield as a great honour and a goal to be strived for being in IRON n all. If Random is really going down the meatshield swarm tactic then he is going to be incredibly disappointed when he realises the military game has moved on from that period.

For the record, i don't think most people hate Legion. It's more pity. The same could be said about Polars slipping relevancy i guess...
[/quote]

There's more to this than meets the eye, and I very much doubt this is a meatshield treaty(or at least, that isn't the primary objective of this) It'd also be wise to acknowledge the potential benefits of a meatshield.

Polar are still relevant no matter how bad they may be at war, or how much bad PR they manage to generate for themselves. Don't think otherwise or it might bite you in the ass one day.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1292253220' post='2538451']
Although i'm sure you see being a meatshield as a great honour and a goal to be strived for being in IRON n all.
[/quote]
Much love to you too :wub:. Dont be so sure tho.

Edited by shahenshah

There's two ways I see this move.

Firstly, the cynic in me would say that this is merely a calculated move to move closer (but not too close!) to NPO to secure their help in any fight against PB.

Alternatively, I see this as as a treaty that's been in the works for a long time now, but was rushed into completion due to recent events (hence the lack of ally notification).

Either way, good luck to both parties.