The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1292453773' post='2540417']
[i]Juve TOOLino Stuns Dons[/i]

DUBVLINIA - Even though many of the members of Juventus TOOLino are no longer in TOOL, they gelled together when it mattered most to secure a hard-fought 1-0 victory against MK Dons, who were in the group expected to be the favourites. Even captain-manager Jarkko Salomäki was having trouble believing they'd won.

"They came out quite strong, and I'm rather amazed they didn't score any goals in that first half," said the massive TOOLino skipper, who played at left back. "They kept fluffing their shots for some reason, and the one shot that [Ikaru] Kakou-san stopped was barely a challenge. But they did play pretty well up until about half way through the second half, then we started getting actual decent chances, although a couple folks need to learn to pass more. Still, the pass from GK [Graham Keatley] to Dodo was pure class."

The big Uralican was a factor in the push forward, making two key interceptions, including one that led to the eventual goal, after the left back whipped a pass across to doeroler, who cleverly back-heeled it to Keatley, who in turn made a nice chip onto the left foot of his striker and best friend Dodoei123 who flicked it up and volleyed it past James_I.

"Yeah, you could say I put my two bits in," Jarkko said. "But while it took a team effort, Dodo, Graham, and doeroler really were the biggest impact players."

TOOLino's next outing is against White City, who lost 2-1 against Verde e Brancos.[/quote]

Speaking after the game Keatley spoke modestly while beaming a wry smile which seemed to sum up the debutantes outing;

"It was rough for spells out there. Dons showed us just how tough this competition is going to be by giving us the run-around in the first half. Tactically, I think we needed to make some adjustments at half-time. We had really set up to give it a go, but myself and Willem were given a bit of a lesson in midfield. We got outnumbered and out muscled; Drai was fantastic and probably deserved more for his efforts.

But we adjusted things second half - manager told us to use the width of the pitch and I think we started to make some inroads at that point. Like I said the central midfield was being marshaled. I am disappointed to having been taken off, but we needed fresh legs in the middle. I am just glad I was able to pip Dodo in before stepping off. I put the ball into some space, its all I can do really - just have faith and confidence that Dodo can wrap a boot around it. And he will do it again and again, so long as I can keep getting the ball into those sorts of areas.

We know we have been in a match, and we know we rode out luck at spells. But hopefully we can continue to surprise a few people. One more win and hopefully make it into the playoffs. I still expect Dons to pull through their last two games. They are a strong team and I will not luck forward to facing that midfield trio again."

GK

CABOOSE CITY - Today is the day that the greatest soccer/footy rivalry in the history of Planet Bob renews itself. All across the Checkmate territory citizens have been given the day off to root for O'Samurai United as they take on the Umbrellailures today in the World Cup 2010 Tournament.

In the state of Ronin, all citizens will be given free turkeys if HisK or AirMe scores a goal. They will get a free ham if Elorian keeps a clean sheet. The residents of Genesis have been promised less death by fire if the team wins today. OSA has promised to include a failsafe in their skynet satellite system that is poised to over run the planet with it's machines.

It looks to be a match for the ages today as these two powerhouses go up against each other. We will have full coverage on the Maedonian News Network today as well as exclusive post game analysis from O'Samurai manager AirMe.

GO'SAMURAI!

Really nice work there MHA/Azrael, enjoyed that a lot ^_^ Hope you can keep it up throughout the tournament. I usually wouldn't pick holes in something that has clearly had a lot of effort put into it, but since there was a mention of 50 tech at the bottom... :awesome:

In the 2nd paragraph on page 1 of the Verde e Brancos article you've written Thier instead of Their. Also in the 3rd paragraph you've written straigh instead of straight, and visionarry instead of visionary.

[quote name='Azrael Alexander' timestamp='1292519057' post='2540957']
[spoiler][center][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2rh45qr.png[/img]
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/eq0z7o.png[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]
*News from the MHA heartlands
[/quote]

This....this is amazing.

CABOOSE CITY - Today's match lived up to the billing. It was indeed an epic match between two epic teams which battled until the very end. It was mostly well played on both sides with HisK's stutter step goal being the highlight for O'Samurai United and Xavi's GPS accurate pass to set up Umbrella for the score.

We were able to catch up with O'Samurai Manager AirMe after the game and he had these comments. "We played well today but not well enough to win. Our guys battled hard to overcome some mistakes on the pitch. I was impressed by the resiliency we showed after we let that goal in. There is always room for improvement and the Umbrellailures are a top class team. I am sure that if we advance through the tournament that we will be seeing them again. We now must get ready for our next match so we can get that W we need to advance to the next round."

The next match day for Group D is on Sunday and puts O'Samurai United vs. LoSSd and Found and Umbrellailures vs AFC Tetris with the winners surly sitting safely on top of the group.

That is wow MHA peoplez. Really cool!

As for our match today, well, we didn't lose! We'll be back with some tweaks and kick some ball!

Also, wow I make one hottman! I would write a commentary but NOTHING HAPPENED! Although, I got a 7.5 XD

Match saving deflection in the 48th minute. I am pleased with the performance of our team, we have struggled with O'Samurai before and for the first time I felt we had the initiative and was inches away from grabbing 3 points.

Very exciting game to say the least.