The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

[center][img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2332/wc2010logov.png[/img]

[hr][size="5"][font="Century Gothic"][color="#030373"][b]
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533826]Introduction[/url] / [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533827]How to Follow[/url] / [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533828]Management[/url]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533829]Rosters (Groups A-C)[/url] / [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533830]Rosters (Groups D-F)[/url] / [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95499&view=findpost&p=2533831]Miscellanea[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/kamichi]Youtube[/url] / [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdDAzek4zbUhXQTJmYWRFOTVZUFFaOXc&hl=en&authkey=CLiCglo]Spreadsheet[/url]

[/b][/color][/font][/size][hr]
[/center]
[size="6"][b]Introduction[/b][/size]
Good morning sports fans and welcome to the true pinnacle of athletic entertainment, the CyberNations World Cup 2010 (hereafter known as 'WC2010'). WC2010 is a simulated soccer (hereafter known as 'football') tournament which uses CN alliances as its teams, much like its real life FIFA namesake. Each team consists of a 16 player squad along with a manager who is able to change lineups and tactics between games.

What makes this different from the plethora of other CN-ran tournaments is that you, the viewer, actually get to watch the action. All matches are recorded and uploaded in their entirety for your viewing pleasure, complete with quality commentary from the best and/or worst wordsmiths to ever grace CN.

I will be using Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 to simulate the matches. Both teams in the game will be controlled by the Top Player AI and at no point will I, or anyone else, have any direct influence on the game itself. Indeed, if you've followed my past tournaments then you're still watching a computerised soccer match, with no human input, being shouted at by an uneducated British guy with a funny accent.

Use the [i]amazing[/i] navigation bar above to be taken straight to your area of interest.

[size="6"][b]Schedule[/b][/size]
30th October - 30th November: Applications
1st - 14th December: Preparation
15th - 23rd December: Group Stages
26th - 27th December: Round of 16
29th December: Quarter Finals
31st December: Semi Finals
2nd January: Final/3rd Place Playoff [color=red][b]<- YOU ARE HERE[/b][/color]

No games will be shown on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. This schedule is subject to change if I run into technical difficulties or a family emergency. I can guarantee that the whole tournament will be finished, one way or the other, by January 14th at the very latest.

[size="6"][b]IRC[/b][/size]
The oFiCiAl IRC channel of WC2010 is... #wc2010 on irc.coldfront.net. Any questions you have could be answered there (no promises). It will also be the first place that videos will be released to.

Edited by kamichi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size="6"][b]How to Follow[/b][/size]
Matches will typically be released at 7PM UK time / 2PM Eastern each scheduled day. All videos will be uploaded to my [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/kamichi]Youtube account[/url], however, you're going to have a choice of three easy options on how to find your team's links.

[b]1. Master List[/b]
The spreadsheet (more details below) will have a master list of fixtures for each round, ordered by date, including a link to each match. These lists will typically be updated an hour after the videos are released and are the easiest way for you to find match links without spoiling the result. There will also be no rules about spoilers inside this topic, so make sure you check the master list before reading a topic, if you're concerned.

[url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdDAzek4zbUhXQTJmYWRFOTVZUFFaOXc&authkey=CLiCglo&hl=en#gid=2]Group Stage Master List[/url] / [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdDAzek4zbUhXQTJmYWRFOTVZUFFaOXc&authkey=CLiCglo&hl=en#gid=9]Knockout Stage Master List[/url]

[b]2. Live Viewing[/b]
As soon as matches are released there will be a live viewing in #wc2010 wherein everyone present starts watching each respective game at the exact same time to simulate a live match. We've found that it's generally a lot more fun this way, especially if your team is playing and your opponents are in the room. The release times may differ depending on other events, whether enough viewers are active at the time and whether I actually have the matches ready or not. I will try to say beforehand whether there will be a live viewing or not.

Spoiling the live stream will be rewarded with a ban from the channel. Unfortunately, unlike with past tournaments hosted on the MK forums, I don't own the CN forums and can't ban you from them, so I will have to settle for being very cross with you.

[b]3. Youtube Subscription[/b]
You can subscribe directly to my Youtube account by clicking [url=http://youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=kamichi]here[/url]. This will presumably link you to matches as soon as they're uploaded or whatever fancy things subscribing does. Bear in mind, matches could be spoiled by the preview image which is automatically generated by Youtube, so I do not necssarily recommend subscribing.

[size="5"][b]Spreadsheet[/b][/size]
The spreadsheet is a single document, hosted on Google Docs, which contains all the information you need to follow your team's progress.

- Glance contains the six group tables with a minimal amount of information (allowing you to see who's winning 'at a glance') along with a table of third place finishers.
- Master List (Grp) is a list of all group stage matches in chronological order, complete with links to the video. There will be no scores recorded on this sheet, making it spoiler free, meaning it should be your first port of call when finding a link to watch your team's match.
- Groups A - F contain the fixture list and full table for each group in turn.
- Master List (KO) is another master list for the knock out stages of the tournament.
- Knock Out is a typical tournament tree, detailing all matches from the Round of 16 (if you call it sweet I will kill you) to the Final.
- Knock Out (Auto) is an exact copy of Knock Out, except it's automatically updated as results are inserted. (I'm actually a genius).
- Leaders will keep a note of all (or at least, most) goals, assists and red cards on an individual basis.
- GotT stands for Goal of the Tournament, which will contain direct links to WC2010's best goals and will likely form the basis of a post-tournament competition.
- Rules contains the generic tournament rules which you don't need to pay much attention to.

The link to the front page of the spreadsheet is [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdDAzek4zbUhXQTJmYWRFOTVZUFFaOXc&authkey=CLiCglo&hl=en#gid=0]here[/url]

Most pages of the spreadsheet will contain spoilers for all rounds of the tournament. However, the master lists of fixtures will be kept deliberately clear, as mentioned above.

Edited by kamichi

[size="6"][b]Management[/b][/size]
The managers are the only people with any influence on how the games pan out. The idea behind managers in WC2010 is to make them as influential as possible, without making the role overcomplicated or creating an excessive workload for myself. To this end, the time has come when managers have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy.

Otherwise known as the choice between simple and complex tactics.

[size="5"][b]Simple Tactics[/b][/size]

Simple tactics truely live up to their name; all you have to do is choose between four different styles of play and I will set the sliders and set piece settings for you. The styles offered are: 1. Defensive. 2. Balanced. 3. Attacking. 4. Ultra-attacking.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=263]PM[/url] me the following form with the relevant details once you've made your decision. Be sure to include your team name and opponent in the title of the PM.

[b]Simple Tactics Form[/b]
[code][b]Team:[/b]
[b]Opponent:[/b]
[b]Formation:[/b] If different from last submission
[b]Strategy[/b]: Defensive/Balanced/Attacking/Ultra-attacking
[b]Lineup[/b]: If different from last submission[/code]

[size="5"][b]Complex Tactics[/b][/size]
The intention of this section is to allow managers to customise their teams as much as the game interface and my spare time allows. Essentially, any change that you can think to make, I'll be willing to listen and attempt to see it happen in game. I've outlined the broad areas of strategy below.

[b]Formation & Lineup[/b]
The main way the managers can influence results is changing their team's lineup before each game. Each team has a squad of 16 players to choose from to use in almost whatever way you want. The game has some in-built limits which we haphazardly discover as teams start to experiment. Tigris FC discovered that a team needs at least two defenders, for example.

[b]Team Style[/b]
Team Style is a collection of 8 sliders which govern how a team actually plays within their formation. Each slider (apart from the last, "Defensive Strategy") can be set to any value between 1 and 100. Paradox gamers will be right at home at least. The default sliders aren't set to 50 by default as you might expect. I recommend you at least change your team style before your first match; most teams were created in place of existing teams with different formations or otherwise horrible settings.

The individual sliders are:

Player Support
Defensive <-> Offensive

Support Range
Narrow <-> Wide

Position Switch
Never <-> Frequent

Attacking Style
Out Wide <-> Down Middle

Pressing
Loose <-> Tight

Defensive line
High <-> Deep

Compactness
Wide <-> Narrow

Defensive Strategy
Linear <-> Covering
(Special case, choose one or the other)

[b]Set Pieces[/b]
This is simply a choice of who takes your free kicks, corners and penalties. You can choose different corner takers for each side and a different free kick taker for 'long' and 'short' free kicks.

If you specified a set piece taker in your rosters, I have adhered to that. Unless I've forgotten, in which case I've probably done you a favour and set it to the best suited player regardless.

What you might want to change is the choice of which defenders attack at set pieces. Central defenders are typically the tallest players and the best headers of the ball, making them perfect for attacking set pieces, especially corners. However, there are tactical options to consider: If it's an all or nothing game, you might want to sacrifice defence for attack and send everyone forward every time. If you're against a pacier team, you might want to keep everyone back to make sure they can't hit you on the counter attack.

[b]Complex Tactics Form[/b]
To take advantage of such wonderfully complex tactical opportunities, [url=]PM[/url] me the following form with the relevant details. Be sure to include your team name and opponent in the title of the PM.

[code]
[b]Team:[/b]
[b]Opponent:[/b]
[b]Formation:[/b] If different from last submission
[b]Lineup[/b]: If different from last submission

[b]Team Style Sliders[/b]

[b]Player Support[/b]:
[b]Support Range[/b]:
[b]Position Switch[/b]:
[b]Attacking Style[/b]:
[b]Pressing[/b]:
[b]Defensive line[/b]:
[b]Compactness[/b]:
[b]Defensive Strategy[/b]: Linear/Covering

[b]Set Piece Settings[/b]:[/code]

[size="5"][b]Deadlines[/b][/size]
All matches need to be recorded at least one day before they are due to be shown thanks to my slow internet connection. As mentioned above, the 'live' viewing for each matchday should be held at 7PM UK time (2PM Eastern) on each given date. For example, the first matches in Groups A and B will be available to watch from 7PM GMT on 15th Dec.

What does this mean? It means that managers need to [b]submit their tactics at least 36 hours before their match[/b] is due to be shown, earlier if possible. That is, 7AM UK Time (2AM Eastern) on the date before the match is scheduled. If tactics are submitted after the deadline they may still be used depending on when the match is recorded, but I can offer no guarantees.

Please make sure you send your [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=263]PMs[/url] on these forums only. It will be far easier for me just to check a single PM inbox, given how often I missed tactics submissions in the past.

Edited by kamichi

[size="6"][b]Rosters (Groups A-C)[/b][/size]
These are the rosters of each team which list the players, their descriptions and the initial team details. All rosters are copied exactly from how they were submitted to me, sorted by group, then alphabetical order.

[size="5"][b]Amendments[/b][/size]
Many applications were accepted when they were not fully complete, which will be to your team and manager's detriment. You are allowed to submit small amendments (player names and descriptions, no massive lineup changes) until the 12th of December. Given that recording will start on the 13th where possible and I have an exam on the 12th, my time to actually implement any changes is limited and the 12th is the absolutely latest date for any last minute edits.

I'll also note that some applications may appear incomplete - particularly those missing logos. In a disgusting example of corrupt oligarchism, I already had the past applications from many teams who have participated in past tournaments and so didn't need such details.

Finally, if you have sent me amendments in the past that don't appear in these rosters, don't worry, I've already taken note of them; no need to message me again.

[size="5"][b]Group A[/b][/size]
[b]Juventus TOOLino[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: Juventus TOOLino
[b]Manager[/b]: Jarkko Salomäki (me)
[b]Logo[/b]: [img]http://www.theorderoflight.com/public/style_emoticons/default/toolwarp2.png[/img]
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-4-2 Diamond

Note: would like a jersey similar to Juventus based on Airme's suggestion.

GK - [b]Ikaru[/b] Kakou

Description: 6'10", 245 lbs., has an excellent reach. Very agressive, but terrible at running with the ball. Part-Japanese with pale skin. Blond hair. Right-footed

Pros: Excellent reach without jumping, better with it, fast for short distances, tons of power in throws and kicks.

Cons: Has problems with being stuck in one place, not so great at aiming the ball when he kicks, has been known to throw to incapacitate opponents who anger him on occasion.

LB - Jarkko [b]Salomäki[/b] (team captain, player-manager)

Description: This "Edgecrusher" is one of the few rulers on Planet Bob who can also claim to be a top-level professional footballer, having played five Liga Mundo seasons with Sikkivukarin Palloseura (SiPS), who also cut their trade in the Uralican Bolakliiga. At 6'7" and 275 lbs., he towers over most opposition and can outmuscle pretty much anyone on the pitch if he has to, but prefers pinpoint timing to brute force. He prefers to pass on the ground. Dark green eyes, bald, but with reddish-brown facial hair and slightly darker skin than the average Caucasian due to his mother's Kwakwaka'wakw heritage. Speaks numerous languages. Left-footed.

Pros: Good in the air and on the ground. Powerful. Good to pull forward on corners because of his aerial skill. Tends to avoid making dumb challenges. A solid leader. Experienced. Clears the ball with power. Hits good long balls.
Cons: Has a slight temper problem at times. Shots and crosses couldn't hit the side of a barn.

RB - [b]Creekynoise[/b]

Description: Indo-American. Black hair and beard. 5'11, ~150 lbs. Passionate and perservering, Creekynoise brings some fire to the back four. Right-footed.

Pros - good at positioning himself and marking opponents. Is capable of tremendous speed over short distances and is relatively consistent over longer ones. Decent passer.

Cons - will get nervous with the ball if he has it for too long. Argues with the officials.

CB - [b]Mia[/b]

Description: 5'11", 170 lbs. Long brown hair. Caucasian. Right-footed.

Pros: Powerful tackler. Good at marking and reading opposition players. Calm under pressure and quite level-headed. Excellent team player. Makes good short passes and clears with power.

Cons: Not a particularly good long-baller. A bit on the slow side. Aerial skill found lacking. (an aside, penguins are flightless :P)

CB - [b]legendkiller[/b]

Description: 6'1", 230 lbs. Short brown hair. Caucasian. Left-footed.

Pros: Fast, powerful, agile, and good at clearing the ball. Decent in the air as well.
Cons: He couldn't shoot accurately if he tried. Has a slight temper much like Salomäki.

DM - [b]Willem[/b]

Description: Battling defensive midfielder, who can also pick out a pass. He hates the long ball due to the fact he is only 5'7" and although one of his main attributes is breaking up opposition play, he does turn creator when on the ball. Willem will always track back if he does miss a tackle. This guy never gives up. Double-footed.

Pros - Strong, tough tackler with fantastic stamina and decent pace. Persistent.
Cons - Quite short, and therefore not great in the air. Due to his aggressiveness will pick more up than a few yellow cards over a season's progression, although not a dirty player per se.

LM - [b]superstarsvtn[/b]

Description: 5'1, 105 lbs. Short brown hair, just long enough to be pulled back for a game. Always ready for a game. Can also play striker and attacking midfield. Double-footed.

Pro: Opponents underestimate her because of her size, but speed and deftness with the soccer ball are her top qualities. Excellent at staying in position. Tends to outmaneuver opposition instead of attempting to barrel straight to the goal. This sometimes gets her trapped at the edges of the field, but works out for the most part. Fairly good at ground passing. Slightness of body size does not make her good at confrontations, but usually gains her team a kick when the opponent sends her flying through the air. Good at fast recovery.

Con: Is not particularly good at long passes or getting the ball off the ground, making her not the best choice for a corner kick. Not good at trapping the ball. Not good under pressure.

RM - [b]Snowraven[/b]

Descrpition: Small and fast, the "raven" seems to be at all places at all times. Rumour has it that no one knows how the Raven looks like. All opponents see is a flash of red (or whatever the colour of the jersey is) and a number "16" on his back. Knows every blade of grass on the field initmately. Non-stop running covers almost every blade of grass on the field. Right footed.

Pros: Small Asian build belies his ability. Very fast, and has a knack of being able to catch balls that seem to be lost causes. Constantly running into space, simply because no one can catch him. Has tremendous stamina. Has excellent distribution along the flank and some defensive upside.

Cons: Small build and high speed means a slight touch will send him flying. Does not dribble very well, constantly depending on speed to get away from opponents, rather than attempting to dribble his way out of trouble.

AM - Graham [b]Keatley[/b]

Description - Nimble feet and nimble mind. Playmaker extraordinaire. 5'8", 145 lbs. Double-footed

Pros - Quick and pacy, tons of flair and a head for a smart pass.
Cons - Slight build. Lacks physical strength. Can be sometimes be blamed for over-doing it, holding onto the ball too long or trying to special pass instead of the simple basics.

FW - doeroler

Description: 5'10", 165 lbs., short brown hair. Not lacking in zeal by any means. Double-footed.

Pros: Fast, has a good first touch, can score with both feet. Good at controlling the ball at high speed.
Cons: Sometimes overruns the ball, sometimes tries to get too cute with the ball, and is prone to being caught offside. Think a Caucasian Asamoah Gyan without the incessant diving.

FW - Dodoei123 ([b]Dodo[/b])

Description: 6'3", 190 lbs., short dirty blond hair. Right-footed.

Pros: Good in the air, has a surprisingly good first touch with his right foot for someone so big. Level-headed. Makes a point of not flailing his arms around when going for aerial challenges, and as such is not prone to fouls. Makes decent short passes. Hard to take off the ball.
Cons: Slow and not particularly agile. Not particularly good at making long passes or crosses. Challenges are a bit sloppy.

S1 (GK) - D.S. [b]Hagins[/b]

Description - 6'3", 195 lbs., short brown hair. Caucasian. Left-footed.

Pros - has excellent reflexes. Gets decent distance on goal kicks and throws.
Cons - not as good at punting the ball as perhaps he could be. A bit too flamboyant at times.

S2 (CB/RB/DM) - [b]Atora[/b]

Description - 6', 180 lbs., short black hair. African-American. Right-footed.

Pros - very versatile, able to play any central or right-flank. Very efficient with his play on and off the ball. Tackles with power. Plays both longballs and wing play well.

Cons - lacks finish.

S3 - Ken T. [b]Kent[/b] (CM/LM)

Description - 5'9", 159 lbs., short brown hair. Caucasian. Left-footed.

Pros: Passes with extreme accuracy regardless of where the target is on the pitch. Makes excellent crosses.

Cons: Not snail-paced, but not particularly fast, either. Defensive upside found lacking. Horrible in the air.

S4 - King William I ([b]KiWi[/b])(RM/AM/ST)

Description - 5'10", 164 lbs., short black hair. Caucasian. Right-footed

Pros: very well-rounded player who can get back and defend when necessary. Has excellent foot speed.

Cons: Fails epicly in the air. A bit feisty at times.

S5 (AM/ST) - [b]Itsme[/b]

Description - 5'11, 165 lbs., shaved blond hair. Caucasian.

Pros - powerful in attack, with both excellent shooting and aerial ability. Quite quick. One of the game's true gentlemen.
Cons - not particularly physically strong.[/spoiler]
[b]MK Dons[/b]
[spoiler]Team name: MK Dons
Manager: James I
Assistant Manager: potato

GK - James I - David James I suffered through a calamitous start to his career but has come good in his twilight years, spurred on by by his ever changing hairstyles to become a solid - if unspectacular - presence at the back. :afro: Wears yellow boots (J1s).

DR - Gobb - Raids up and down the right flank all day. He has tremendous stamina, which is a trait that allows the young man to Finnish most matches. Is great on the posts.
DC - potato - Strives to be a big, burly black man. Has the speed, strength and imperialist african heritage, lacks the "endowment", but is known for his role as a Communicator as much as centre-back partner is.
DC - AVFC1 - A safe pair of hands - reasonably solid at the back - but also likes to step forward and play a bit as he is not short on artistry for a centre-back.
DL - KP - At times seems happier to be left back in the changing rooms than left-back on the pitch, but a persistence and determination when playing means this youth teamer has been given his chance to shine.

DM - Anarch - Cuteness and immaturity off the pitch belie the incredible strength of the ex-captain of the greatest team in MK's storied history: the Weeaboo Wanderers. He now plays as a hard tackling defensive midfielder who possesses excellent passing skills.
MC - Banksy - A creative (perhaps even another artistic!) player who can make something out of nothing with the merest flick of his feet.
AMR - Drai - An all-rounder, Drai's versatility allows him to fill in in many areas; has been known to link up well with and fill in for MagicalTrevor and Teh 1337 Guy in the past. A solid all-round if not spectacular player.
AMC - Mistra - Plays a Litmanenesque role in the traditional leaden-footed, paceless manner, but there's life in the old boy yet. Very good technically. Didn't stoop so low as to re-use the Finnish pun here. Oh.
AML - Stalk - Diminutive winger who refuses to bulk up. Lacking in enthusiasm for the game at times, but a real team player.

ST - Jeoh - The most prolific striker in recent history (if you ignore the CFPL) returns to torment defences for the fourth time. He may have added to his game over the past year, but his strength still lies in his immense physical presence, rather than his inevitably clumsy control.

S1 - DRLC - Scorbolt - An experienced though quiet member of the side, he certainly couldn't be referred to as the vanguard of the subs' bench, but provides solid back-up in a bench otherwise far too replete with attacking players.
S2 - D/MC - Archon - Often quiet, transparent and tends to be a shrinking violet on the pitch. But three finals in three tournaments and scoring the winning goal in all three? He knows how to pick his moment, that's for sure. The ultimate impact substitute (if you ignore his lack of pace, strength and physical prescence).
S3 - AMRLC - Denial - A natural leader and gifted playmaker; Denial has a wonderful elegance about him when on the ball, but sometimes the pays the price for his style with some questionable substance.
S4 - ST - rafael nadal - Fresh from his controversial cross-city move from Real Vanguard, he never seems to be around, but turn your back on him and he'll be in your box before you know it.
S5 - ST - ak47don - Has the innate ability to shoot others down with his powerful shot. His accuracy suffers though, hence the nickname "Scattergun".[/spoiler]
[b]Verde e Brancos[/b]
[spoiler]Submission as a whole was amazing so here's the whole PM.

[img]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/dyCazaril/VerdeBrancos3.png[/img]

[quote name='Luckao' timestamp='1288973956']
Hi kamichi,

This is the Green Protection Agency's team. Whilst some of the profiles are a bit wordy, others were lacking, and the rest created from scratch by myself, so I thought I'd do a summary of each player. Real player names are also included to give you an idea of what they're like. Let me know if you need anything else.

[quote][b]Team Name[/b]: Verde e Brancos
[b]Manager[/b]: Luckao
[b]Logo[/b]:
[img]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/dyCazaril/VerdeBrancos3.png[/img]

[b]Formation:[/b] 4-5-1

GK - Awesome Dog - Brilliant shot stopper, commanding presence in his area, sometimes overzealous when coming to collect corners and free-kicks, and apparently fond of his pink kit. Heurelho Gomes.

Left Full-Back - Sol - A very skilled, fast attacking full-back who is liable to commit the occasional silly challenge. Like Helpma, good at linking up with the wingers to provide the service. Patrice Evra.

Centre-Back - Atigun - Skilful, contributes a commanding presence and not afraid to tackle. Age is his nemesis. Rio Ferdinand.

Centre-Back - Gumby - Very similar to Atigun, although he's younger and slightly less experienced as a result. Gerard Pique.

Right Full-Back - Helpma - Another attacking minded full-back who boasts a great assist record. Not only is he very good at supporting the wingers, he is also very competent when it comes to tackling. Second choice for captaincy. Maicon.

Defensive Midfielder - Jeric - Often utilised as the classic defensive midfielder, breaking up the opposition's attacks and getting it back to the more creative players of the team. Being something of an enforcer, this means he's susceptible to invoking the wrath of the referee. Mascherano.

Central Midfielder - Frodo - Good in the air, his main attribute is his technical brilliance. A classic number 10, he strokes the ball around and makes the team tick. Good passing, an excellent shot and seemingly always one step ahead of everybody else. Not very physical. Club captain. Xavi.

Central Midfielder - MaCa - A mix between Rajasthan and Frodo. Very sound and seemingly a Mr Consistent. A good shot, will work for the team, and technically average. Darren Fletcher.

Left Winger - BN3140 - Not quite as assertive as the rest of the team, more of a "get the ball to him and he'll do something" kind of person. Great at crossing, intelligent, has bundles of pace, and likes to beat defenders with his quick feet. Not very defensive minded. Nani.

Right Winger - Armus dy Cazaril - Good stamina, great shot, another winger who likes to run at defenders. Full of endeavour. Aaron Lennon.

Striker - probablamenteno - Fast, good at shooting and heading, and generally brilliant at being the focal point of all attacks. Samuel Eto'o.

S1 - Prime Minister Johns - Another club legend, PMJ can now often be found warming the bench, although he is still reliable when called up on in the absence of the club's first choice 'keeper. Once a great shot stopper, this legend no longer quite has the reflexes that once saw him collect numerous awards.

S2 - JaimeKordek - Another of the club's youth prospects, JaimeKordek is currently kept out of the side by the trusty defensive duo of Atigun and Gumby. Unbelievably fast, aggressive and quick get stuck in, his positional sense still requires some work before he can establish himself ahead of more senior players.

S3 - Dusty - Originally bought for a large fee, Dusty initially failed to live up his potential. Excellent distribution, a technically sound shot, and good overall reading of the game, his lack of physical intent in winning the ball back can work to his detriment.

S4 - Rajasthan - Yet another youth prospect waiting to get his chance, Rajasthan has carved a reputation as a physical player of the game, meaning he is well suited to making the opposition work for their chances. Good tackler, great reading of the game and liable to pick up a card.

S5 - PDGray - A slow and nonchalant forward, PDGray is regarded as technically brilliant. Whilst rarely seen sprinting past defenders, his skill alone can see him make a yard of pace to create a chance for himself out of nothing. Also a very good goal poacher.[/quote]

Here are the original profiles:

[spoiler][quote]GK - AwesomeDog. Another prospect to add to the long line of American net minders who have successfully established themselves across the pond. His fit, six foot 220 pound frame brings a commanding presence to his area and he is widely considered to be a great shot stopper, however, his overzealousness in controlling his area can lead to the occasional blunder. Don't let him see you bullying his timid Left AM or he's sure direct one of his henchmen defenders to pull off a cheap shot at the first chance they get. This keeper sports a shaved head with a beard to be proud of, and can often be seen lighting a cigarette as soon as halftime is called. He always wears a pink long sleeve jersey to cover his potentially offensive tattoos. Why pink? Because it's the new black, of course.

Full-back - Sol. That computer geek ... They say he could have become a professional player before he turned mad. He doesn’t talk, he doesn’t communicate, however he shows a deep forlorn lost emotion. His choice of as few words as possible just emphasizes how awesome he may explode later on. Something is missing in his heart, and apparently something is missing in his brain. Some say that his fantasies include female robots!? He seems to be just a quiet member of the football team but closer look reveals the pure facial expression of bottled up insanity. He is a highly skilled player with a cool, relaxed style but his occasional tendency to showoff acrobatic moves may backfire. He 's a great team player. Under normal conditions he 's not the leader type, but when everyone else quits he keeps going. Fair against fair opponents, but when provoked the usual outcome is someone being carried away with a broken knee cap. Referees usually 'look' elsewhere when that happens. Sane people are very reluctant to interfere in his business.

CB - Atigun. A stalwart of the Verde e Brancos for the best part of an eventful career, Atigun has come to be an icon of the club who inspires confidence in the club’s players and fans alike. Surprisingly skilful, a commanding presence in the air, and never afraid to commit to a tackle, the only thing that hinders this club legend is his advancing years.

CB - Gumby - A supremely athletic defender with towering aerial capabilities, Gumby enjoyed an excellent year at the heart of the Verde Brancos defense in 2009. After forging a reliable partnership with Atigun at the center of the Verde Brancos backline, Gumby memorably partnered with Helpma during the Verde Brancos' run to the Cybernations World Cup 2009.

Full-back - Helpma. Helpma is a crunching right back with a good right peg that can swing a cross into the box for the glory boy strikers to stick their heads on. He's got a decent turn of speed and likes to push forward to give the midfield another option on the wing. While he's not the tallest of players, he doesn't often come second in a tackle, though we're sure the story of him ripping a Motherwell players arm off and using it to stop a shot before claiming a foul for handball is probably apocryphal.

Helpma would be available for play as his latest sine die suspension has been overturned on a technicality, when no witnesses turned up to the SFA disciplinary panels hearing.

Defensive Midfielder - Jeric is an odd sort of player. At 5'10" 370lbs 22 years old, you wouldn't think he'd be on a soccer field. But, after showing considerable skills at clearing the ball out of his zone with powerful, semi-accurate kicks he spends his time in the back field. People often sell him short when it comes to speed, but he's a lot quicker than he looks. Also, attempting to head a ball he just kicked isn't recommended, this could cause head injuries, and possibly K.O a person that misjudges the force of the kick. This large player hails from the northern part of Pennsylvania USA, where soccer isn't very popular. Playing Football as a lineman he's built like a tank and can take ball shots on his chest and stomach with ease. He enjoys helping with Goal tending from time to time but being a bit slow it doesn't suit him too well. "Just place me in defense and you'll see the goaltender thanking me later" he normally jokes. He does have a record however, after breaking someone’s leg when the person in question attempted to slide and kick the ball out from infront of him. Jeric kicked anyway and caught the player in the leg, breaking both bones, no charges were filed but a record was kept and he normally doesn’t get picked to play for that reason.

Central Midfield - Frodo. Frodo is so passionate on the field of play, he really does wear his heart on his sleeve. Whilst into his mid-thirties and has lost plenty of his lightening pace from his younger days, his reading of the game more than compensates for his lack of pace. Frodo is solid whilst competing in the air despite his tiny stature and fearless in the tackle again despite somewhat hairy, bare and bizarre shaped feet! He is well suited to sitting in front of the back four or equally adept in a central position as his vision and caressing of the ball is a joy to behold and has occasionally been observed to rasp a 30 yarder in from time to time.

Central Midfield - MaCa. MaCa is rather unusual Finnish player in that he is not afraid to show his feelings on the pitch. He always plays with great emotion, and shows much passion and dedication for his GPA team. Together with his experience and very hard-working style of play, he has earned a respected position among his team-mates, but his style has also occasionally lead him into trouble. He may sometimes quickly wear himself down in a fast-paced game, and also has a habit of getting into arguments with the referee. As a midfielder, he is not the quickest nor the most technical one, but has a good shot with his left foot. Physically, he is of medium height, and slightly ponderous. As a result, he can't do very high headers, but he is difficult to beat in challenges.

AML - BN3140. Loves to run. Being that he often does not the best of touch on the ball he lacks the accuracy to score, but his relative intelligence, relaxed focus, and quick thinking renders him useful in the midfield and farther up the field for crosses. He lacks the amount of aggression in most other players. As a result, he is not much use in defence, and it is unlikely that he will be carded while on the field. Another of the club’s youth prospects, BN3140 and Armus dy Cazaril form a combination on the wings that gives full-backs nightmares.

AMR - Armus dy Cazaril. A Chalionese footballer (and second cousin, once removed of Chancellor Ias dy Cazaril), "Caz" is a self-described nerd and comes off as somewhat eccentric to his fans and teammates. He works methodically both on and off the pitch, and has good stamina and kicking accuracy. However, he often deliberates a bit too long over his shots, sometimes causing him to miss crucial chances. Nonetheless, this is a prodigious talent that came up through the Verde e Brancos ranks who looks like having a an unbelievable career ahead of him. Caz is about 5' 9", with a lean build.

ST - probablamenteno. One of the game's most dynamic strikers, probablamenteno's quick feet, thunderous shot and football intelligence compliment both the team's speedy counter-attacks and patient build-up play. Using the service provided by the creative talents of the team’s awesome midfield, this can produce devastating results. His attacking nature means that he will rarely be seen tracking back to help defend.

Substitutes
GK - Prime Minister Johns - Another club legend, PDGray can now often be found warming the bench, although can prove reliable when called up on in the absence of the club’s first choice ‘keeper. Once a great shot stopper, this legend no longer quite has the reflexes that once saw him collect numerous awards.

DF - JaimeKordek. Another of the club’s youth prospects, JaimeKordek is currently kept out of the side by the trusty defensive duo of Atigun and Gumby. Unbelievably fast, aggressive and quick get stuck in, his positional sense still requires some work before he can establish himself ahead of more senior players.

MF - Dusty - Originally bought for a large fee, Dusty initially failed to live up his potential. Excellent distribution, a technically sound shot, and good overall reading of the game, his lack of physical intent in winning the ball back can work to his detriment.

MF - Rajasthan. Yet another youth prospect waiting to get his chance, Rajasthan has carved a reputation as a physical player of the game, meaning he's well suited to making the opposition work for their chances. Well suited to a midfield role.

ST - PDGray. A slow and nonchalant forward, PDGray is regarded as technically brilliant player. Whilst never likely to be seen sprinting past a defender, his skill alone can see him make a yard of pace to create a chance for himself out of nothing. Also a very good goal poacher.[/quote][/spoiler][/quote]

[/spoiler]
[b]White City United[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name:[/b] White City United
[b]Manager:[/b] New Frontier

[img]http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy190/cngondor/SFFL/GondorcrestSFFL.png[/img]

[b]Formation:[/b] 4-2-1-3

----------------------

GK - Betto - Short and stocky, this goalkeeper has very quick reflexes and is strong between the posts with great handling and a math major from Wake Forest he is good at judging angles, however occasionally he is rash and his inexperience leads to penalties in the box and sometimes being caught out of position. He has accurate goal kicks and moderate power. He made a name for himself saving 12 penalty kicks in a row in college. The ultimate athlete, Betto usually makes up for any errors in judgment with his raw talent.

RB - Steve French - Hell on !@#$@#$ wheels. Easily the biggest !@#$% in the SFFL, Steve French plays dirty, trips, dives, smack talks and even headbutts his opponents Zinedine Zidane style. Huge and bulky, he plays hard but brings little to the table offensively. A great defender, though.

CB - Sandler - an aggressive player in a defensive position. Great at drawing fouls, a strong, accurate player of average height.

CB - Dera - A quick as lightning defender who has been given the nickname "Tortoise". A precise tackler, able to strip the ball from a defender better than a New Zealand woman strips off her clothes. Average in size, but only in terms of height.

LB - Gloin, a short man obviously, also not the best looking of the bunch... but he's speedy, strong, sturdy and stubborn... and is also not ashamed to punch his opponent in the balls. Quick on his feet with great endurance.

DMF – Friggin Dracula- Dirty play, strong defensive awareness and an incredibly competitive nature are only some of Friggin Dracula’s upside. Well, actually they’re more like all of it.

DMF - Amelsh – A ridiculously good-looking footballer, Amelsh is a master of the long ball, Amelsh can strip the ball from an attacker and transition the ball up the field with accuracy and ease. Amelsh has strong form, and a tall stature, and has both experience and talent at corner kicks.

AMF - Jaym (C) - Star Player of the Minas Tirith Hobbit League, and 3 time Golden Foot Hair winner, Jaym has feet that can leave even Chris Angel in a daze. An intelligent player with a focus on setting up plays and threading the needle against a tight defence, Jaym will rarely decide to put the ball on goal. As a hobbit, his height gives self confidence to even the keeper.

CF - New Frontier (VC) - An all out offensive player. As quick with the shot as a Mexican over a fence, NF will almost always choose the shot over the pass, with generally good results thanks to his strong power and accuracy. $%&@ teamwork and $%&@ defence. Also tall.

LWF – General Sonlar - A balanced forward, willing to both shoot and pass to set up the play. Tall and fit, General Sonlar is a very athletic soccer player.

RWF – Matty1 - Defensive minded striker, if that is at all possible. Matty is much more likely to hold the ball and wait for an opening rather than attempt to dribble down the field like his teammate New Frontier. Though that is not to say he is unable to work well with New Frontier. Because NF is always making a run when Matty1 has the ball, Matty1 is likely to be at the top of the league for assists.

[b]Reserves[/b]

GK - Lord Fingolfin - Tall and lanky, LF has plenty of reach and athleticism in net, as well as a steady hand. His consistency gives the entire team confidence, as they know that even if their starter fails they'll have a solid, if not spectacular, replacement keeper.

RB – Princess Ro – As good looking as she is active, Princess Ro delights being brought in late in the game to shut down the backfield against exhausted opponents, driving them to angry frustration by letting them wear themselves out with fancy footwork only to strip and clear the ball with two touches.

CMF – Mustard Tiger is an aggressive player with a broad build which allows him to be a bruiser. Due to his build, he is slower but makes up for it with his size and strength, as well as a killer long ball that can reach further than hooker's tongue.

CMF - Nationator - A well rounded player, able to transition from offense to defense quickly. While he does not excel in any particular area, he doesn't fail horribly in any particular area either, unlike Jaym who is absolutely !@#$@#$ terrible at writing descriptions for players.

CF - Savethecheerleader - A lightning fast forward, Savethecheerleader brings a lot to the table offensively even if the rest of his talents are more pedestrian. His rampant alcoholism has had little effect on his play, despite the rather large effect to Gondor's red-headed stepchild population.[/spoiler]

[size="5"][b]Group B[/b][/size]
[b]A Clockwork FC[/b]
[spoiler]Team: [b]A Clockwork FC[/b]
Manager(s): [b]Chaoshawk/Twizzler[/b]
Formation: 3-5-2

Players:

GK [b]Max Cristof[/b] - He's almost as good as Robert Green. A youngster on this team, many fondly refer to him as "stupid newbie". As a goofy looking 6'3", 165 lb man-boy of Nordic descent, he's known to wear women's under-panties below his uniform to give him his incredible 40 inch horizontal jump. Few would admit to having poorer ball skills and he oft allows for rebound opportunities. Yet, it seems as though this was the best we could come up with, so here's hoping our opponent's offenses are laughably inept.

LCB [b]Marcus Junius Brutus[/b] - After spending the past 14 months in prison for stabbing a player in the back during post-game cool downs for an embarrassingly hilarious nut-meg shot to win the game, MJB escaped his high security cell using only a toothpick and a nuclear powered super drill. He quickly changed his name to "Not Marcus Junius Brutus" to ward off the five-ohs that are still looking for him to this day. With his super powered artificial left leg (having lost his original in an unfortunate smelting accident), he is quite difficult to get past. Even so, he isn't the fastest half cyborg on the pitch and sometimes opponents can take advantage of his affinity for things that sparkle.

CB [b]Twazzlepop[/b] - Manatee's are often called the cow of the sea. Well, Twazzlepop is the cow of soccer. As a bearded dwarf hardly reaching over 4 feet tall and approaching 350 pounds, Twazzlepop is often in foul trouble due to squashing opponents and bad mouthing referees. However, a dwarf never tires and Twazzlepop has nearly unlimited stamina, as well as nearly unlimited potty jokes.

RCB [b]Tiggah[/b] - Dirty Tackles are what Tiggah's do best! As an extremely average looking man with average sized feet, he maintains an above average level of play on the field. He is known to sexually harass his rabbit neighbor from time to time and has a weakness for dark chocolate. However, he has the most powerful leg on the team. Think Happy Gilmore, but wearing nike cleats and high socks.

DM [b]eoc90[/b] - Eoc90 is made of 100% Natural Defensive Midfielder with 0 trans fats. Has known bulldog genes and is therefore quite aggressive when it comes to chasing balls. Has an excellent left foot and always wears a lucky baseball cap. He has pin point accuracy and can nail a pass the length of the pitch (Xavi standard).

DM [b]Cave Runner[/b] - After being promoted from the bench to the starting line, Cave Runner immediately bought a brand new Ford Windstar only to be told that his pay would actually be cut in half due to budget restrictions. He now lives in the Mines of Moria and has built up tremendous stamina and blinding speed over the past few years due to constantly having to run away from bloodthirsty goblins. He is often characterized from by his fear of the sun and easily visible on the pitch due to being an albino. He screams in pain as he chases down strikers, often causing them to leap away for fear of being raped.

AM [b]Arsenal[/b] - Quite the lazy Canadian, his taste for ammo and scantily clad male firefighters has given him a reputation unbecoming of his ability. As one of the premier offensive midfielders left playing the game, he demands attention from defenders with his pin-point shot accuracy and tremendous power. Not the quickest or most agile player, he relies much more on his bulging muscles to power him through defensive lines instead of darting around them.

LM [b]Chaoshawk[/b] - A renowned midfielder often mistaken for Roberto Carlos despite looking nothing like him. After the coach of Style 386, Joracy, screwed him over, followed by bouts of insanity in belief the walls of his condo were attacking. He detonated his condo and left all his money to a disabled Star War veteran which unwittingly led to a planet being destroyed. One day he woke up find himself as coach of the Maldives (likely unaware he accepted the job) team and beat Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, Ghana, and England at the same time. He immediately quit afterward due to the Maldives having a terrible team and sought to reform his old team. He's tall, fit, and quick on his feet. He's fast but his stamina runs out quickly making him ideal for feeding the ball to the strikers. Despite being right footed he prefers the left side of the field.

RM [b]Wonnilon[/b] - Wonnilon has a natural ability for head shots (read: he's bald). He's Tim Wakefield's son and has perfected and adapted the butterfly ball technique to football. Slightly older than the average of the team (will turn 86 come January 34th) he brings an experience and wisdom that few can match. Extremely intelligent and still able to dish the ball out or score on his own, he remains an extremely dangerous double threat even if slightly injury prone. Goalies, watch out.

ST [b]Twizzler[/b] - Shortly after his disappointing defensive debut in the Castle Fairground League, the infamously orange haired purveyor of Pokemon porn was arrested once again for his films starring his trio of underage Squirtles. Due to a lucky break, the Judge handling his case was none other than the (dis)Honorable Judge Samuel Oak, a regular subscriber to Twizzler's underground magazine Squirtling Turtlings Bi-[s]Sexual[/s]Weekly. The 6 foot 7 inch and dazzlingly handsome star player got off easy (herp derp) with a mere 50 hours of community service. To pay his dues, he volunteered as a head coach of a local inner city high school squad. While there, he developed both mad 'balla' skills and an unfortunate drug addiction. He now can dribble around defenders with ease with his superior ball handling skills, has a fairly fine-tuned shot accuracy, and maintains his blinding speed. However, he lacks both endurance and overwhelming power. Due to his tall and lanky build, he is excellent at headers off of crosses and set pieces. However, he has a tendency towards laziness in getting back to help out his midfield as well as being caught offsides. Nonetheless, Twizzler is back to prove himself as one of the premier strikers in the World.

ST [b]JWZepf[/b] - This player's ADD is a double edged sword. While it makes him faster and react quicker, he is also occasionally distracted by the attractive woman in the stands or the monarch butterfly fluttering across the field. His speedy reactions make him a fancy footwork man. His passing skills aren't bad and his long range shooting isn't that bad either. However, when ever he gets close to the goal, he freezes up making his short range goal shooting skills something to be ashamed of.

Subs:
[b]Zsandmann[/b] - Heat-ray vision? j/k, or am I? Agile, and nimble like a cat.

[b]Colorguardchick[/b] - Fun loving, silly, agile, quick, flexible...has the ability to bend over backwards to stop the ball from getting in the goal.

[b]Lukelim [/b] - Professional bench warmer. Has moments of excellence on the pitch, but those are few and far in between.

[b]ForSparta[/b] - Has a unique skill set that includes excellent barbecueing, master cake mixing, and opening bottles with his teeth. ForSparta is an excellent addition to any team's bench providing that no one gets injured or tired.

[b]Istus[/b] - Unwillingly drafted to finalize this squad, Istus will most likely complain loudly about the temperature outside and the damn dirty hippie kids on his lawn. However, he is an intelligent player and can easily fill in for most positions.[/spoiler]
[b]Complaints Albion[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]:Complaints Albion
[b]Manager[/b]: Rush Sykes
[b]Logo[/b]: CnG Flag
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-3-2-1

Goalkeeper - Rsoxbronco1 - The most wiley midget ever to step into the crease. With an astonishing vertical jump, he can not only field the high balls, but he can high five the team after the game.

Full Back - Ryxeria - A lady with an equal dose of attitude and charm. She can slay the mightiest striker with either her charming smile or her ferocious tackling.

Full Back - Kestral - Completing the rosters dynamic duo of footballing lasses, this charming, yet scathing young lady is known for her ability to bring men down.

Centre Back -Shinpah - Crafty veteran defender known for his tenacity . Opposing strikers are often wary of Shinpah's presence when going airborne for headers.
Centre Back - JGoods - Athletic defender who is seldom beaten to a free ball. He easily covers ground and makes up for others mistakes with his speed.
Centre Midfielder - Mandellav - Calm and cool under pressure. Mandellav is the heart and soul of this team with his excellent decision making ability.
Centre Midfielder - Londo - A real physically imposing presence in the midfield area. Londo's love for working out has translated onto the field where his strength is unmatched, and his ability to win balls is second to none.
Centre Midfielder - Wurzel - Quiet and deadly. Seldom heard from, but often relied upon, Wurzel is integral to the success of this team.
Offensive Midfielder - Rush Sykes - The father half of CnGs dynamin father-son duo. Rush makes things happen with or without the ball. The consummate playmaker.
Offensive Midfielder - Shamed - The son half of the dymanic duo. Younger and more athletic, defenders are at a disadvantage when trying to tackle this force. Simply deadly.
Centre Forward - Stormsend - What can be said? Stormsend is a finisher. Loose balls in the box? Forget it. Stormsend is there, and your goalkeeper is crying.

S1 - FyfeXIV - Young, enthusiastic newcomer to the team. Fyfe uses his youthful exuberance to outhustle those around him.
S2 - Cameronius - It is often said that the job of a sub, is to make those ahead of him better by pushing them. This epitomizes Cameronius. He can step in for literally ANYONE at ANY TIME.
S3 - An4rk - A former starter for Athens Athletic in seasons past, now he brings his experience and talent to this new club in an effort to win a championship in the latter stages of his dwindling career.
S4 - Hawk_11 - Recently converted to CnGs squad after being rescued from the Red Menace. He brings a unique view of the game, which many believe have helped this team prepare.
S5 - Stumpy.[/spoiler]
[b]The Lion Kings[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: [color=orange][b]The Lion Kings[/b][/color]
[b]Manager[/b]: Tankbuster ( [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220194]this guy[/url] )
[b]Logo[/b]: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4336/thelionkings.png
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-3-3

[b][color=red]GK[/color][/b] - [b][color=black]Triple12[/color][/b] - "[i]This 36 year old veteran goalkeeper is the dream for every team. Very strong one-on-one and with perfect reflexes. His coaching abilities are due to his experience very well. What he lacks in height, he adds in sheer weight. All in all a very imposing opponent for any striker[/i]."

[color=red][b]LB[/b][/color] - [b][color=black]MutedFaith[/color][/b] - "[i]Originally a striker, this 25 year old has the pacing and dribbling of a typical winger. Despite his height of only 5'8", he's not afraid to stand his ground and deliver a solid tackle. He is widely known for his off-the-ball-runs along the flanks and cross passes into the opposing penalty box. Due to his agressive nature, he's likely to rack up a nice collection of both yellow and red cards.[/i]"

[color=red][b]CB[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]namek31[/b][/color] - "[i]This 26 year old experienced back stands like a rock in the Lion Kings' defense. Despite his humble 5'10" height he ignores the classic 'white men can't jump' stigma and towers above all attackers. His harsh tackles can sometimes cause him trouble, but with age and experience he has managed to conceal a lot of his fouls. Tends to make an own goal once in a while due to miscommunication with the goal keeper. It is always the keepers fault though.[/i]"

[color=red][b]CB[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]KADUUK[/b][/color] - "[i]This 25 year old stud (2.05m 105kgs) is like a tank in the back! He uses his former hockey experience and his love for frying pans to bring down every opponent who dares to come near him. Going back into his family history you find many famous Frisian people, like Grutte Pier. His mother plays professional rugby in the Welsh team. In one word: Fearless![/i]"

[color=red][b]RB[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Frank III[/b][/color] - "[i]This 19 year old, 8 ft. 2" brown haired football player always knows how to convince the ref of his honesty. He is a player with a good stamina and opponents fear his type of football. Always has a great eye for the ball and is the captain of this FOK team. The downside is he is quickly distracted when there are beer and boobies close to the pitch.[/i]"

[color=red][b]LM[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]feestaap1[/b][/color] - "[i]This 16 year old midfielder is the youngest person of the team but also the fastest. He can pass through the most strong defense lines with relative ease. feestaap also has a fine nose for clear shots on goal, but he hates corners beceause he's not tall enough to do anything useful. As far as media attention goes, he is considered a bit shy during interviews but loves to play in commercials.[/i]"

[color=red][b]CM[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Disser24[/b][/color] - "[i]This very talented 20-year old player has fine looks but a somewhat less sophisticated technique. Disser is known as a somewhat brute type of player. With much strength he can break through defenses and pass quick to a striker or even score a goal himself with an astonishing amount of power. However, this brute side of the central midfielder also shows itself when Disser feels wronged by the referee, resulting in a lot of bookings.[/i]"

[color=red][b]RM[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]klaasdebaas[/b][/color] - "[i]This 30 year old player is nearing the end of his career. Although he was always thought to be the new Johan Cruyff in his early years on the field, he never fulfilled this promise. After a few bad career moves and earning millions in Dubai, he returned to the Dutch competition. Back in his home country he excelled as a right midfielder, even being nominated as MVP of the Dutch competition just last year. So who knows, he might fulfill his promise after all....[/i]"

[color=red][b]LF[/b][/color] - [b][color=black]CheeKy[/color][/b] - "[i]This 19 year old football player always tries to annoy the opponents by making petty insults. He knows what he is doing though and is considered one of the most promising players inside the FOK team. Nobody is able to match his passing and his ball control is unbelievable. The only downside is the fact that everybody hates him and 90% of the time he is being treated for all his injuries because he is the main target of the opponents tackles.[/i]"

[color=red][b]ST[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Divi Filius[/b][/color] - "[i]This 21 year old player is best known by his nickname "The Dictator". He is very vocal in the field and demands that everyone plays the way he wants them to. Divi does respect the referees autority though and therefore hardly ever gets a booking. His main strengths are his speed and finishing, but he lacks skill in heading and technique. What makes him stand out among other players is his impressive fysique, which will scare even the toughest of defenders.[/i]"

[b][color=red]RF[/color][/b] - [color=black][b]Tankbuster [/b][/color] - "[i]This 46 year old giant used to be in the military. After he got shot a couple of times , he retired, and wanted to do something less dangerous. He was inspired to join the team after he saw the incredible performances of the striker Divi Filius. Although Tankbuster was never able to match these feats, he is still considered a reasonably good player, especially considering his age.[/i]"

[color=red][b]Sub (Defense)[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Darkasantion[/b][/color] - "[i]This 22 year old defender with a lot of potential is the fear of the competition... and of the trainer. Known for this rude behaviour on and off the field, he's not the first choice of the trainer when selecting a team, but once he's out there, he will make damn sure nobody nor the ball will get past him. Despite his image on the field, rumour has it he is actually a very shy and sweet boy off the pitch.[/i]"

[color=red][b]Sub (Midfield)[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]naabgamer[/b][/color] - "[i]This 17 year old youngster in at the very beginning of his career. He is a fast and agile winger with an excellent left leg and a decent right one. However,due to his age and his feminine fysique, he loses many duels. He can't play entire games yet but still is great when substituted.[/i]"

[color=red][b]Sub (Midfield)[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Volatile[/b][/color] - "[i]As a 40 year old veteran his best years are in the past. However, don't under estimate Volatiles decades of experience combined with a complete lack of moral values on the field. The ability to find any player with suburb passing and stop counters with ruthless defensive actions (necessary or not) make him a valuable player in any team. Lacks endurance to keep up in fast paced games and often used as a sub.[/i]"

[color=red][b]Sub (Attack)[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Frederik[/b][/color] - "[i]This 36 year old veteran is still in top condition and knows exactly how to get past his opponents. His massive beard distracts his opponents and if he is falling it even functions as a cushion. Although he has been playing football his entire life, he never really liked the sport. He is more interested in the tactical aspect of the game. For that reason some people think he should be coach but he likes scoring and sporting his beard too much to quit.[/i]"

[color=red][b]Sub (Attack)[/b][/color] - [color=black][b]Thuru[/b][/color] - "[i]This attacker aged 35 isn't the best player on the team. He keeps losing the ball and last year he even shot at his own goal. He came in the news with his drinking problems and that seems to explain why he is not the most reliable player. Thuru is hardly ever a first choice for the trainer, but due to his bad breath defenders usually do not dare to come near him whenever he enters the field as a substitute.[/i]"[/spoiler]
[b]Tigris Altaica[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: Tigris Altaica
[b]Manager[/b]: Uhtred
[b]Assisstant Manager[/b]: MagicalTrevor
[b]Logo[/b]: [img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/Uhtred/STAtiger.jpg[/img]
[b]Formation:[/b] 3-5-2
GK – Tygaland (C) – The world’s most rotund goalkeeper makes a return to competitive football after taking a season off to indulge a fetish for baked goods. A surprisingly agile man for one of his girth Tygaland can strip an entire supermarket of all its twinkies in under 90 seconds.
CB - Lizzard – The only permanent fixture of Tigris FC’s last season Lizzard has become a stalwart of the Tigris defence. Perhaps due to his massive 7ft 3in frame or perhaps because it’s the only way to shut the annoying oranje !@#$%^& up.
CB – Sam Vimes – As the finest copper on the beat Vimes has long developed the art of fleeing the scene of the crime. His commitment over the years to escaping any run in with delinquents has given the skinny lad from Cockbill Street an uncanny acceleration.
CB - Infidel - As a non-believer Infidel was recruited to the side to provide some moral backbone to the team, a job he relishes almost as much as the physical presence he provides. With looks akin to Wayne Rooney and a technique more suited to a cage fight Infidel provides the grit to the defence.
DM - Reiffenstein – A man who refuses to shy away from battle Reiffenstein puts the contact into non-contact sport. Sitting in front of the defence he protects the back line and never takes a backwards step.
RM - Mingle - The pacey midfielder dominates the right wing with his quick bursts and accurate passing. Banned from talking with the team by the manager on account of having a Brummie accent.
CM - Gorard – The big Jock is the lynchpin which holds together the Tigris midfield. With his national affinity for pessimism Gorard expects nothing more than an overwhelming loss every time the team takes to the field. The only reason he even bothers to show up anymore is to put in a number of bone crunching tackles and cause as many injuries as possible.
LM - Lakerzz - Lakerzz forced his way into the team on the basis that he was one of a small handful of players to have ever scored a goal for Tigris. Following his pass into the back of the net the hard-tackling left wing now considers himself the league's most valuable player - despite all evidence to the contrary.
AM – MagicalTrevor – An unwanted import from the MK Dons. MT describes himself as the most gifted midfielder in a generation; everyone else describes him as a prick. He does however provide a keen aerial threat and finesse with the ball at feet which makes him a potent goal threat. Think Cristiano Ronaldo but with less talent and more fake tan.
CF - Veraxyl – The wily youngster seemingly uses his pace and agility before every game to prise the Captain’s armband out of Tyga’s hands and lead the team onto the pitch. An affront to Tyga matched only by Veraxyl’s metrosexual hairstyle.
CF - Grebbelinie - The Dutch maestro counts himself as the only proven scorer in the Tigris team, not much of a surprise from a player who struggles to count numbers between 1 and 25. Still, on the basis that he isn't Lizzard, the bulky striker takes credit for not being the worst Dutchman on the pitch.
S1 (GK) - Thermal Feline - With his flowing long locks 'Hot Kitty' is a big hit with the ladies, some confused teenage boys and MagicalTrevor. Seemingly absent much of the time TF appears from nowhere to pull off remarkable saves.
S2 (CB) - Boomhower - A destroyer of men, small children and certain cartoon pigs Boomhower likes nothing more than a good scrap. After years of service in the Mafia Boomer has developed a flair for graceful kneecapping which makes his tackling a joy to watch.
S3 (CM) - Drompper - A talismanic member of the team Drompper is often known to substitute himself onto the pitch and change the tactics entirely against the manager's wishes. An inspirational playmaker on and off the field a Drompper team talk is not one to be missed.
S4 (WG) - Iconofsin - As the team's stratergery master Iconofsin leads the team from the front with his innovative tactics and stratergies. A maverick on the wing he uses skill, guile and cunning to guide the team to glory.
S5 (CF) - Eregor – An experienced man in the Tigris set up Eregor now has a coaching contract with the team’s academy and splits his time between training for the first team and the academy whilst spending his free time plotting the downfall of Michael Beck doppelgängers. Despite losing a bit of pace over the years the big centre forward still retains an unerring accuracy both with the head and the boot.[/spoiler]

[size="5"][b]Group C[/b][/size]
[b]CSKA Francograd[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: CSKA Francograd
[b]Manager[/b]: WorldConqueror
[b]Logo[/b]: [img]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8049/nposf.png[/img]
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-3-1-2
GK -brucemna - Description tall lean long armed long legged flys for the ball like a bee and buzzs the shooter to sting him with glee give him some rum and no goals will be scored by the oppising scum
LD - Gruzza - This small Asian is very good at reading what opponents are going to do. However, he tends to get rid of the ball a bit too quickly. Not the most physical player, but has enough stamina and speed to run with the best. Black haired.
CD - Tasuki - Although not that big, I am confident with my strength and can tackle bigger opponents. Marking opponents and applying constant pressure is my game. I am a good passer and is as accurate as a siege arrow. My stamina is something to be improved on, but I shine in the early to mid-game.
CD - Moo-Cows - Big, strong defender, very difficult to get the ball past. Great at tackling and tactical positioning. Able to dominate the box in defensive corner or freekick situations, due to his size and strength. Not easily tired out, but not the fastest either.
RD - JesseEnd - Ability to apply constant pressure and sharp reflexes make him great at both shutting down crosses and stopping attackers from ducking inside to shooting range. Good physical strength and stamina make him usually very reliable, though occasionally can get a bit eager with slide tackles.
LM - Longworth- Rather accurate shot. Has an impressive height that he uses for speed, as well as a little endurance to match. Give him a chance at a header, and you may find yourself with a goal. Absolutely nasty with a vuvuzala. Don't get him started.
CM - Cortath - Captain and anchor of the team. Excellent stamina and tackling, good passing and ball control. Great tactical player, and very versatile, able to both shut down the opposition and take possession in the defensive midfield, as well as move the ball to the forwards very capably.
RM - Silvaranadinhores - Born on the beach to beach bums in Brazil, Rivaldo Silvaranadinhores learned to play on the beach. This has made him super fit with superb acceleration and ball skills. He is also ugly as a donkey's arse but because he is Brazilian, all the ladies love him because he has a sexy Brazilian accent. Has a talent for freekicks, able to accurately get the ball to a teammate in the box or even in the back of the net.
CAM - WorldConqueror - Excellent ball control and passing, good with long shots and good stamina. Maintains possession of the ball even under heavy pressure and can cut through a defensive line well. Tall and thin, which gives him a bit of an advantage with headers. Caucasian, with black hair.
LF - Ice Pick - A Great all around shooter, very fast, and an average dribbler. Very smart, a good passer, and aggressive. Star and Captain of the New Columbus National Team.
RF - DeSouza - Fast, good with dribbles, tactical positioning and penetrating a defensive line with the ball in my foot in general, mostly focused at assistance (pass, crossing) but with a good accuracy.
Also, I'm brazilian. That should count for something, somewhere.
SGK - SirPaul - A maestro in the box, he and his defenders work perfectly in concert to defend the goal. Works well under pressure so its hard to overwhelm him. Can always be relied on to make the save that keeps them in the game, or maintains the lead. Has excellent timing and positioning with his saves, though he sometimes tends to punch it away rather than holding the ball more often than he should. Much prefers long downfield goalkicks to throwing it in.
SCD - Gandroff - Dependable defender, great at marking attackers and applying pressure. Good combination of speed, strength and stamina serves him well, though very fast strikers can sometimes get the better of him, which can occasionally lead to some reckless tackles. White, but with a big fluffy afro.
SCM - VektorZero - Not brilliant in any one area, he is a solid and versatile player, able to play either in the centre or on the wings. More defensively minded than Cortath, he has good timing with his tackles and good stamina to back it up. An excellent choice to bolster the overall defensiveness of the team.
SCAM - Vladimir - This fiery Scot would make a dynamic offensive addition to any team. His great shot power makes him able to blast home goals from almost anywhere. Also plays the support role well with his sharp tactical short passing game. Has amazingly smooth and sexy legs.
SF - Bakamitai - Very technically skilled, nimble, and accurate with his shooting. Stamina and strength can sometimes let him down though. Very smart, able to pick apart defenses with well-timed runs and fancy footwork.[/spoiler]
[b]FC Paradoxia[/b]
[spoiler][center][b]Team Name[/b]: FC Paradoxia
[b]Manager[/b]: ROMMEL_HSQ (temp)
[b]Logo[/b]:
[img]http://imgur.com/uAxdG.png[/img]
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-5-1 ->4-3-3 [/center]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/4-5-1.gif[/img][img]http://www.players4export.com/imgs/soccer_field.jpg[/img]
[b]Team:[/b]
GK - ROMMEL_HSQ - Also known as The Emperor
Full Back - Dr. Dan - Description
Center Back- Daedulus- Description
Center Back - Tryan - Description
Full Back - Sky Green Chick - A full bred barbaric Russian, who is not afraid to punch, pull hair, or step all over your face. Victory is the ultimate goal and any method will be used to defend against the opposition. Innocent look and amiable attitude serve as a disguise to lure you in and stab you in the back when the time is right. As a last resort weapon, a bottle of vodka will be used as a bribe for the opposition’s GK . ALL FEAR THE RAGE OF A RUSSIAN!
DMC- Bodvar Jarl - The guy that stays behind to clean up the mess when everyone else have gone recklessly up in offense. Plays simple, safe passes. No dribble displays, win the ball, send it forward.
MC - Crymson - The Jewish Jet
MC - Gustave - Description
MCL or AML?? - El Greco - Description
MCR or AMR - Avernite- Description
FC- Feanor - Famous Quote "I score goals, !@#$%*es. "
S1 - Lum - Description
S2 - Blue Lightning - Description
S3 - Zac The Sage - ([b]Defensive Forward/Winger[/b]) Will work from the first minute until the last with bottomless energy and stamina. An intelligent runner off the ball with his excellent movement, he is adept at holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. His approach to the game is that of a model professional and his utility to play as a striker, midfielder, or winger is impeccable. However he is far from prolific and his finishing is fairly poor, with a lack of goals since moving to the top level of the game. He is also not very strong in the air nor is he likely to produce the kind of skill that will beat two defenders and leave them for dead. A lack of a final product has always dogged him and his shy demeanour can see him marginalised by bigger egos. On the whole he is a hard-working with no frills, dynamic, energetic, fearless, committed professional who never-says-die.

S4 - KuzuRyuSen- Description
S5 - Casey- A great team player who exudes confidence to her defenders and other mates when on the pitch with her command in the back, Casey is the backup [b]keeper [/b]for this Paradoxian side. Natural cat-like reflexes allow her to be a superb shot stopper and her agility allows her to get off her line quickly and easily to be able to stifle any breakaways that may come her way. Cleanly handling crosses in the air are a bit questionable at times but generally her hands are soft and active in being a great net-minder. As chafing as it may to be a bench player, the reports of her trying to remove starting keeper Emperor ROMMEL_HSQ are assumed to be highly unlikely to be true.[/spoiler]
[b]University Red Hawks[/b]
[spoiler]Team Name:University Red Hawks
Manager: Broz Tito
Logo:
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6015/theuniversityredhawksv1.png[/img]
Formation: 4-3-1-2

GK - pitt - Very confident keeper, always ready to come off his line if an opposing striker draws near, with great reflexes to boot.

Left defender - Skyhawk - Skyhawk plays a very good game of defensive football, sticking to his position and making passes up the flank or into the central midfield when necessary.

Left Central Defender - shades - Great defensive asset to the team. Plays an aggressive game and has good pace.

Right Central Defender - Biohazard - Slower, tall player with a fairly low awareness, but excellent tackling ability.

Right Defender - Bojangles - Good passing ability but is known to drift upfield at times.

Central defensive midfielder - Kevanovia - A naturally strong player and a cornerstone of the team, Kev is great at making tackles when the midfielders let one through. His own passing ability is not to be scoffed at either.

Right Central Midfielder - monkmasta - Very flamboyant player, prone to trying risky passes or shots from way out, but when called upon can be very nimble on his feet.

Left central midfielder - Anikei - Similar player to Kev: good defensive player who can make good passes up the left flank when called upon.

Offensive Central midfielder - Ryan R - Very aggressive midfielder who excels in tackling and getting the ball forward. Some say his pace could be improved upon...

Left Striker - Jens of the desert - Good pace and shooting power, but is slightly lacking in shot accuracy. Fairly tall at 185cm in height.

Right striker - TheStig - Short but nippy at 168cm Stig is Maradonna-esque player who focusses on excellent footwork and suprising speed.

S1 - Solistus - LCM - Good passer, but loses out on headers due to his short height.
S2 - Colton - OCM - Plays a very good passing game and hardly ever fumbles the ball.
S3 - Dustin Rogers - LCD - Looks identical to Dr Suave, but is a better passer but does not have good pace.
S4 - Dr Suave - RCD - Short but confident defender, isn't afraid to make a good tackle when needed.
S5 - usenramer - RCM - very nimble, and often makes good sprints out to the right flank.[/spoiler]
[b]Vassal State FC[/b]
[spoiler]Team Name: FC Vassal State
Manager: arexes
Logo: [img]http://i52.tinypic.com/1pylxj.png[/img]
Formation: 442 Diamond with upcoming backs

Line up:
GK - MikeTheFirst (This goalie is the promise of his national team (The Netherlands). According to a lot of football experts, he is able fill the gap that was left by v/d Sar when he stepped down. This penalty-killer doesn't have the best stamina in the world, but his reflexes make up for the lack in stamina. Corners are no problem for this giant (over 2 meters).

WD - Bartimeaus (A team player through and through. This bearded player was one of Vassal State's most promising players, and only now coming back to his best after a nasty injury and subsequent drop in form. Loved by fans for his oddball style and antics, he doesn't disappoint on the field, seemingly being able to push forward, whilst covering back at the same time.)

CB (Central Back) - Iosif (This young Finn turned out to be one of the revelations of the season. He may not be legendary for his speed or his heading, but his left leg is a wonder to behold: people come to the stadium just to see his amazing free kicks and he has yet to miss a penalty. His passing is impeccable, but sometimes he loses his head and uses his feet for kicking players instead of the ball.)

DMF (Defensive Midfielder)- GoFastLeft (He is the oldest and wisest player in the team, although his real age is not known (birth certificate was 'lost' in Nigeria, where he was born) estimates range from 30 to 70 years old. This player is the team captain, his authority is felt throughout the team. He doesn't need to commit a lot of fouls to correct for his errors, since he makes so few of them. He has an excellent cross and is the one who lines up the defence.)

CB (Central Back) - Jonte (This long serving rock in The Vassal defence may not be as fast as he once were. He more than makes up for this with his understanding of the game and fantastic positioning. Never one to back down. He makes the tough tackles and plays 110% to rally his team when their spirits are fading. Known affectionately by the fans as "The Hammer" due to his sliding studs up tackles.)

WD (Wing Defence) - Rhobar (A very talented 24 year old wing back who is loved by the crowd for his ability to keep any upcoming striker at bay, foreseeing his opponents' every move. Most opponents who find themselves head-to-head with him are forced to pass the ball to one of their teammates as a result. If he has a weakness, it's his lack of experience - which sometimes causes him to commit some nasty tactical blunders.)

ML (Midfield Left) - arexes (This small, bald player looks a bit like a crossbreed between Robben and Sneijder (Are all Dutch players bald and short?). His absolutely superb playing style is sometimes overshadowed by his foul play and lack of respect to the referee. What he lacks in height he makes up in speed and sprint. His surges are well known, together with his excellent technique he is feared by defenders all over the world. This aggressive hob-goblin is the key player of his team.)

MR (Midfield Right) - erikz (This 6'2" tree-trunk is one of the constant Vassal players and has superior midfield prowess. Always available to unload the ball to and seeks the forwards with long and short passes. Will be found in the opponents box when corners are taken to make one of his astonishing headers. Not afraid to make solid tackles. Does not tire easily but has a massive ego which may supersede team spirit now and then.)

AM (Attacking Midfielder)- Pete1 (The nickname of this player is 'The Finnish Gentleman', this excellent playmaker is very soft on the field. He currently holds the records of the least amount of yellow and red cards in Cybernations WC's history. What this players lacks in speed and technique he makes up for in the ability to pass and in stamina.)

ST (Striker)- Spaarlaamp (This 26 year old, tall and handsome player is a real ladies men. He's in the news more for his sexual escapades than his ability to play football. He is an excellent header and has a fine nose for goals. He is FC Vassal State's topscorer all time, scoring over 40 goals in 48 games.)

ST (Striker) - JCFalkenberg (This big striker will put the ball in the goal if you can get it to him, known for both his burst speed and powerful accurate kicks. He is also known for his wild off field partying that can occasionally affect his on field performance.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub 1- Midfield (any) - Nekro448 (Vassal's newest addition, this young fellow was chosen because of his talent of playing various positions in the field. A versatile player, able to range freely about the field to exploit opposing weaknesses, and cover all positions. Often seen in the side-benches cheering to his senior players, he is considered to be the next best player of the team and one of Arexes' most promising players.)

Sub 2 - Defence - Malone (Former DJ, DJ Malone is one of the defensive substitutes in FC Vassal State. He has the physique of a defender (tall and strong), but is also known to have superb technique. He lacks in speed and restraint.)

Sub 3 - Defence - LordMonkey (The nickname LordMonkey wasn't given to this player because he lived in the woods for 10 years with a monkey, no, it was given to this player because he is known for making stupid mistakes. Lots of times this player takes down players who broke through with a sliding (and he barely misses too). His speed is amazing, though, which isn't that weird when you consider the fact he used to be in the Olympic athletics team.

Sub 4 - Midfield/ Attack - Kel Krussna (Mister Krussna plays well on almost any position, although he prefers the right wing or the striker position. His accurateness is widely known. He can score in almost any position. He lacks in heading, which is surprising taking his height into consideration (a bit under 2 meters).

Sub 5 - Attack - ikMark (This young adonis with his beautiful green hair and body full of tattoos was transferred in from FOK as a promising striker. Sadly, his skills couldn't top that of Spaarlaamp's and JCFalkenberg's. This attacker isn't that strong in the air but he has incredible technique and stamina. He serves as a substitute when JCF or Spaarlaamp are injured or needed to sit out because of the cards they have received.)[/spoiler]

Edited by kamichi

[size="6"][b]Rosters (Groups D-F)[/b][/size]
These are the rosters of each team which list the players, their descriptions and the initial team details. All rosters are copied exactly from how they were submitted to me, sorted by group, then alphabetical order.

[size="5"][b]Group D[/b][/size]
[b]AFC Tetris[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: AFC Tetris
[b]Manager[/b]: Pollard (Player/Manager)
[b]Logo[/b]: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3678/tetrisfc.png
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-5-1

GK - USMC123 - Strong and intelligent. Powerful right foot. Agile. Brown Hair. Like a big strong panther. Handling leaves a lot to be desired.

Right Back - Rhaemyr - Pacy full back who likes to get forward. Bald as the day he was born. Like a ninja who sneaks forward when possible. Has red eyes.

Left Back - BladeX - Stong with great tackling ability. Black Hair. Asian. Stops strikers in their tracks. Agressive but not the fastest player.

Center Back - Mack - Strong and resilient. African American. Think Jamie Carragher. Extremely aggressive. Also has pace to burn.

Center Back - Logan - Great at jumping and heading. Gets forwards for corners and free kicks. Brown buzz cut. Getshigh on and off the pitch.

Right Mid - Granat - Blonde afro. Lightning fast pace and built like a rock. Gets forward whenever possible and leaves defenders for dead with his vast array of tricks. Fantastic dribbler, and not just while he sleeps.

Left Mid - Hereno - Likes to cut inside onto his right foot. Deadly from range. Crossing ability is top notch. Can pick out a perfect ball from 50 yards. Short, brown hair.

Defensive Mid - Anecdotal Rabbit - Defensive. Stays in the hole between the midfield and the defence. Great passer. Not very quick, but never gives up. Strong. Green hair.

Attacking Mid - Sam Morgan - Likes to play the killer ball through to the front man. Shooting ability isn't that great, but is very quick. Short black hair and stong, physical build.

Attacking Mid - dragonknight - Great finishing and shooting ability. Long distance shooter who can get great power on his shots. Fire red hair (like a dragon).

Center Forward - Pollard - Finishing ability is top notch. Long shots are decent, but technique is pretty bad. Free Kick taker who can make the ball curl in any direction. Medium brown hair. White caucasian scouser.

S1 - tito - Back up Keeper. Not very agile. Has no real strengths.

S2 - Ali5541 - Can play across the defense. Very versatile. Often brought on when the team is leading to provide a stronger defense. Never loses concentration. Hard worker. Never gives up. Has a great understanding with the rest of the team. Is always in the right place at the right time. Brown hair.

S3 - Xander - Defensive minded mildfielder. Tireless. Has lots of stamina and pace. Likes to get forward when he can, but is also good at getting back when needed. Can match opposition forwards for pace. Brown hair.

S4 - Jovan Cossades - Striker. Brought on when the team is losing to provide more attacking options. Has great heading and jumping ability. Acts as a target man. Is good at slipping the ball through to his striking partner.

S5 - Fire Attacker - Winger. Can play on both sides of midfield as well as up front. Not the quickest of players but has perfect crossing ability.[/spoiler]
[b]LoSSed and Found[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: LoSSed & Found
[b]Manager[/b]: DDolla
[b]Logo[/b]: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5716/logohg.png
[b]Formation:[/b] 4-4-2
GK - The Lord Avenger - Well if you want a better stopper of balls im your man. I can just grab them out of the air even when they dont want to be caught especially the small ones theyre really easy so if youre looking for a skilled handler of balls im your man.
DR - Séamus- Not as outright brutal as many of his other teammates, he chooses to stay back and watch most of them do all the work before randomly popping up at the right occasions and stealing a goal or just wrecking an opposing team-member who wasn't expecting it. He loves red-cards but he'll play up to the max without goin' over the line.
DC - Phoebus - I'm a deaf and blind paraplegic. I enjoy long wheelchair rides on the beach. My skill is that I can sit in one spot and trip the opponent on accident.
DC - Junior - My ball handling skills are subpar at best. I'm extremely slow and out of shape which throws the other team way off because they can't move at that speed.
DL - Co God Ben - all-time high red-card recipient and low scorer. More than half the scores made were on his own team, because it's easier to score on the goalie who isn't expecting it.
MR - Bombebomb - He can handle balls that have been kicked around like no other, clean balls, dirty balls, or wet balls, im your man. Ill get them balls where they need to go!
MC - DDolla - a rappin' balla, my words will make ya holla, but don't think you can call-her, she'll cause the ball to stop, and all the players to move nonstop, dancin' to the beat, stompin' they feet, come on now 1-2-3, that's right all eyes on me, forget soccer, forget the game, that's a little boring & kinda lame ... PS - she also rocks the ball, no getting past this lady, 3Ds - dazzle, defense, dribble!
MC - Alek - Alek plays the game the way everyone should play the game... by following the mantra: go hubris or go home. If its the smart play or the expected play, he ain't gonna do it. If its so !@#$@#$ ridiculous that it makes your head spin, he's probably tried, and probably failed. But that doesn't stop him from following his dreams of becoming the first midfielder to launch himself into orbit around mars with bicycle kicks.
ML - Position - Jache - When I get the ball I hog it. Only passing it if I truly have too. I always try to take a shot at the goal when I am decently close going for long and short shots. When I score I point my hands to the heavens and thank my God. Since I only worry about myself I try to focus only on stats and skills that would benefit me. Sometimes I get to aggressive and try to get a red or yellow card on purpose. I try to push and shove to get the ball then do what I have to get close to the goal.
FC - Chedab - Chedab's rocks when it comes to speed, set pieces, crossing, cutting imbetween the left back and left center back to provide setups eg through passing, can defend, fast reactions. So basically everything! What im crap at - nothing except heading the ball (thats why im good at corners and free kicks).
FC - Cobalt - Cobalt's dribbling and ball control or off the charts and he can make goals consistently within 40 yards, ok at penalties and defense. Only problem is he tends fall to the ground to easily and tend to get injured more often that most.
S1 - Cheezyproof - silly little racist who spends too much time swearing instead of actually paying attention to the ball, and also has a tendency to break opponents legs off and beat random fans with the limbs.
S2 - Legion-x- leads the league in red cards and nuts shots given to referees during the game. my skills are simple think of landon donovan and wayne rooney with a little clint dempsey and tim howard mixed in. safe to say im better than everyone at any position and like any guy should i know how to score
S3 - Lapis D. Asmodeus - I beat my wife so hard...oops wrong info. I play soccer so hard that people run away from me when I have the ball. I scream like a crazy baboon and flail my arms every where. I always have a bunch of grapes in my left hand and a cat in the other to show the enemy what I'm all about. I fist pump with the best of them. I jump off the field and into the stands and punch fans of the other team in the face to show them that I mean business. After I win a match I take my pants off and air hump at the crowd, they love it. My mouth guard is made of lead. I don't wear a cup because I like it when they kick me in the junk. I often hit my self in the head with hammers. During have time I go into the parking lot and wire bombs on random cars. Just because I can. in the locker room I slap my teammates in the face with my penis to raise there spirits. I drink long island iced teas while on the field. More often then not, I am drunk while playing. I play better drunk, just like when I drive. I keep my dead mother head in my soccer bag for good luck. In my free time I like to read penthouse or hustler. I rape mad noobs at soccer. No one can touch me, not without paying first. I get money, money I got. Have a baby by me baby, be a millionaire. I write the check before the baby comes. Who the $%&@ cares? I'm stanky rich, ima die trying to spend this !@#$. I have three sons already and I make sure they respect me because when they dont I kick them down the stairs head first. So thats a rap. Word to your mother.
S4 - Cuthburt - New to the game. Originally thought he was sighing up for Basketball and he cant quit now he already had his mommy pay the 55 bucks to join :( One of the few half Mexicans in the league; Short at 5'5" and rather slow but has great feet eye coronation and allowing him to get the ball,stick with and score with ease.
S5 - Wolfe Tone - signed up under the influence, thought it was a rugby team. disappointed, he mostly sits on the bench sippin jameson and yelling at the crowd.[/spoiler]
[b]O'Samurai Utd[/b]
[spoiler]Team Name: O'Samurai United (Represents Checkmate)
Manager: AirMe
Formation: 4-4-2 Diamond

#1 GK- Elorian - The Estonian Enforcer. She is soccers version of Vladislav Tretiak.

#13 LB- MDHammer - The Flying Scotsman. New to the squad. Young, but quick and physical with good defensive awareness.

#4 LCB- Nolissar - The director of the defense. Tactically incisive and powerful, he commands the defense with operatic flair.

#15 RCB- Tepes: Tepes, Vidic. Both from the same mold.

#23 RB- Abwehrchef: The German Grinder. Replaces Nitemare at RB. Placed on the squad to placate the German contingent in Ronin. A utility player who has good tactics, defensive awareness and speed.

#5 DMC- DonBidarain (Spelling change): The Iranian Rocket. Hard to slow down. Negotiates the ball with a finesse rarely seen.

#7 MR- Nitemare - After a fine showing in O'Samurai's first campaign he has taken his speed in a transition to the midfield.. Hard charging with a good head on his shoulders. Knows where he needs to be.

#34 ML- empirica : She is the wind beneath Genesis's wings. She also has the ability to analyze the play and transition to defense has allowed her to receive the nick name "The Chastity Belt"

#19 ACM- Victius: The Finnish Flash, anchor of the offense. Sets up goals like a DJ sets up beats.

#3 F - AirMe - Captain of the squad and eldest member. His pace isn't the best but he has a lot of stamina and knows how to set up his teammates. He maybe the hardest working player on the pitch.

#10 ST- HisK - Loves to score. In the game and with the boys. Has worked on his speed since the last league and looks to put some separation between him and the defenders this time around.

Subs:
#77 D - AndyP - Former defensive starter. A physical player who isn't afraid to take the body.
#56 D/M - Crawfs - Last minute addition to the squad...wandered in from the Australian outback mumbling something about shrimp and a barbie doll. His passing ability is a thing of beauty. He also excels at set pieces.
#8 M - Templar - A fiery old coot who tends to shoot before he passes and is aggressive with the ball.
#43 F - Enyo - A young forward with good tactics and decent speed. She is the newest addition to the O'samurai United squad.
#30 GK - Chrono - Dedicated and hardworking goalkeep. Was solid in CFPL Season 1.[/spoiler]
[b]Umbrellailures[/b]
[spoiler][b]Name[/b]: Umbrellailures
[b]Logo:[/b]
[img]http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/LJ_Scott/umbrellailures_transparent.png[/img]

[b]Formation[/b]: 4-4-2 (Diamond)

[color="#2e8b57"]Goalkeeper (GK)[/color] : [b]NFL Generic[/b] - [i]Despite only being 3ft tall, NFL makes up for it with an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time.[/i][color="#2e8b57"]
Right Back (DR)[/color] : [b]LJ Scott[/b] - [i]The Umbrellailures player-manager, has guided the team to the dizzying heights of avoiding relegation.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Defender (DC)[/color] : [b]Kowalski[/b] - [i]After a successful season replacing mrcalkin, Kowalski looks to make himself a permanent feature of the Umbrellailures.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Defender (DC)[/color] : [b]tayloj[/b] - [i]The footballer formally known as Sir Hoppington, tayloj has matured in his game greatly.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Left Back (DL)[/color] : [b]Acrux[/b] - [i]bEyOnD dAngErOUs.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Right Winger (MR)[/color] : [b]raken [/b]-[i]The center midfield position, scrambled to be filled by GKC's nationality scandal (which placed GKC not on MK's team, but an unknowing Force 10 team) was filled by Raken, the former goalkeeper for club team Real Amaranth. Raken has been awarded great distinction in his career between the pipes already and with his recent repositioning to center mid he has already taken on a hybrid style of play between Kaka and Cesc Fabregas. Kamichi has been quoted saying that, "Raken has the playmaking abilities of a Kaka, with the stride and aggressiveness of Cesc Fabregas. After a long stand with the MK Dons, and some very successful seasons, the MK Dons optioned Raken to Umbrella. As it stands Umbrella has seen Raken's talents more fitting to a right winger, ironically replacing gkc his long time friend at the position.[/i][color="#2e8b57"]
Defensive Midfielder (DMC)[/color] : [b]Roquentin[/b] - [i]Our fearless leader and defensive anchor. Able and ready to produce match-winning passes.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Attacking Midfielder (AMC)[/color] : [b]Kortal[/b] - [i]Anti-MK hatred fuels this talented player making him a danger to any defensive line.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Left Winger (ML)[/color] : [b]Natan[/b] - [i]Born in the glory days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Natan grew up with a 'Fußball' as his only possesion. He quickly became extremeley adapt and skilled at ball handling (He actually invented the Marseille Spin) Natan noticed early on he had a talent, and in order to make enough money to buy a Wienerschnitzel for dinner every night he started doing his tricks on the street. It wasn't long before a young Archduke, Franz Ferdinand, saw this talent and immediately took him back to the palace to show the street urchin to his father, the king. (In order to repay Franz for his efforts in finding Natan, he sent Franz to Serbia in 1914) His father was also incredibly impressed and from then on Natan became a national star, wooing crowds with his ball handling abilities and his ability to curve balls around even the widest off walls. To some, even more impressive was the fact that he could do all of this with his left foot, which as science told them, required a lot of left handed masturbation to strengthen.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Striker (ST) [/color]: [b]Xavii[/b] - [i]Needs to up his game after a poor season, and come out of the shadow cast by faglanx.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Striker (ST)[/color] : [b]falanx[/b] - [i]Umbrellailures player of the season, and a pain in the neck to all who he meets..[/i]
[color="#48d1cc"]
[color="#2e8b57"]Substitute 1 (DC)[/color][/color] - [b]Dylan Carter[/b] - [i]Solely playing to entertain enough to shut his nephew up for a few minutes.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Substitute 2 (DC)[/color] - [b]shiki [/b]- [i]Making his return to the first team after being cut last season, shiki has something to prove.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Substitute 3 (MC)[/color] - [b] defroster [/b]- [i]The "Supersub" looks to break into the first team.[/i]
[color="#2e8b57"]Substitute 4 (MC)[/color] - [b]Meer [/b]- Another brit who cut his teeth playing football in the wildernerss of suburban England.
[color="#2e8b57"]Substitute 5 (ST)[/color] - [b] VenetianBlind [/b]- After an end of season break at Fanime, VB will be looking to score somewhere.

[color="#2e8b57"]Club Physio[/color] - [b] NuclearPoweredKimJongIl [/b]- Happy endings for all![/spoiler]

[size="5"][b]Group E[/b][/size]
[b]Atlético Mexica[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: FC MeXiCA

[b]Manager[/b]: SuperCoolYellow

[b]Logo[/b]: [img]http://www.mcxa-cross.com/public/style_images/5_MCXA_logo_transperent.png [/img]

[b]Formation:[/b] 4-3-2-1

GK - Name - Oli, Absolutely ruthless goalkeeper, is not afraid to put himself in harms way to get the ball.

Striker - Gopherbashi- Gopher uses his height and strong headers to score many points off his head

Forward- SuperCoolYellow - SCY's strong leg makes him a threat to score or cross the ball from very long ranges.
Forward- Jammar- Jammar's speed means he can can beat the back line of many defenses

Midfield- Viceroy Kieth- Kieth's passing means he gets the ball to the right person at the right time

Midfield- Liffer- Liffer is a more defense midfielder who never misses a tackle on the ball, and who's combination of speed and stamina means he is always hounding who has the ball.

Midfield - Lemac - Lemac's speed and ball control makes him a great offensive threat.

Defense- Kigoshi - This defender missed a tackle in the third grade ten years ago. He hasn't missed a tackle since

Defense - Rextu- This giant of a player is so physical he doesn't take the ball from the person, he takes the player from the ball

defender- Osbornm- Osborn's speed keep means that every time the other team wants to pass they first have to make sure he won't be within 30 yards of the pass.

Defender- Timeline - Timelin's physicallity makes players think twice before going up in the air to contest a header with him.

S1 - Jrkee- Jrkee is a fast player with great handles who is usually subbed in for striker.

S2 - AndrewHG- Andrew's passing makes him a threat from either the midfield or forward

S3 - MCP13 - MCP's ball control and passing make him the right person to get the ball up the field

S4 - Bobo the Monkey- Bobo's leap and header means that no team can score against him on a corner kick.

S5 - Starkrunk- Krunk's speed and endurarance means he so freakishly stays with action that its like he's ... well... krunk.[/spoiler]
[b]Atlético Nemesis[/b]
[spoiler]GK - KWilliams - A better pair of hand you will never see, its a shame he can barely kick a ball though.
DC - Kataklizm the Great - Wise old head, steady and dependable, whilst not being the quickest or most agile.
DWR - Rakul - Quicker than lightning, runs up and down the right wing all day long. Able to run right past most other defenders to get to the by-line and whip a cross in.
DWL - Edison Franklin - Another defender better at getting forward than defending, likes to show off a lot with tricks and great ball control.
DC - Thereaper - Name says it all, you are not getting passed him, ever. Tough, fiery tempo likely to start a fight.
MC - EricF- Sturdy and steady, no pace but can ping a pass 50 yards with no problem. Gets the ball forward from the back with little fuss, but rarely ventures too far forward.
ML - Betto - 6 foot 4, young and athletic, his temperment will not make him any friends though. A left foot to break bricks with. (Captain)
MR - StasisKatar - Great right foot, takes the free kicks and corners and looks to get to the by-line to get crosses into the box. Fantastic passing accuracy.
AMC - Captain Ian - Has made a ton of money in his career, old and crafty with the skills to pay the bills. Pulls the strings between the midfield and strikers.
ST - Crazy Crazy - Tall insane man who was recently released from the asylum. Quick, endurant, and aggressive. He will break your leg and stick it up your ass; stay out of his way. Likely just to run right through defences.
ST - Bob Ilyani - A tall Serb, excellent in the air, takes no !@#$. Ever seen Vidic play up front for the last 10 minutes of a Man Utd match? Well thats Bob for 90 minutes.

S1 - (ST) - Beonid - A six yard box striker, never misses but contributes little else to the game, high skill and flair.
S2 - (DMC) - King Boo - Can sit just infront of the defence when the team needs some more man power, no nonsense, hard tackling with a good tactical brain.
S3 - (AMC) - Vargos - A real playmaker, finesse and ball control are his main attributes. His dwarfish height and lower centre of gravity gives great balance to take it around defenders.
S4 - (MC) - Silver King - Super fit, will work tirelessly running around. Not a great flair player but has a good tackle on him.
S5 - (GK) - Chancellor Patrick - Chosen simply because he is Irish, and they have to be good at something right?? Has good agility due to dodging the many punches thrown his way in bar fights.[/spoiler]
[b]F.C. Hitchhikernazionale Milano[/b]
[spoiler][quote][b]Team Name[/b]: F.C. Hitchhikernazionale Milano (Hitchiker Milan)
[b]Manager[/b]: Azrael Alexander
[b]Logo[/b]: [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2pzlbg6.png[/img]
[b]Formation:4-2-3-1[/b]

[b]Roster:[/b]
Goal Keeper - The King - 85 kiolgorams(190 pounds), 182 cm tall(5 foot 9). Tall with muscular legs. Great reflexes and high jump. Long arms, long legs. Huge afro that can block shots too. powerful kicks and throws. Best at diving at the ball for close shots. ALso good at saving long distance shots, but is very bad at chips. Has great hand eye coordination and 20/20 vision. Very flexible. Ambidextrous in hands and legs, but prefers to use right hand.NO injuries, age 22 and still young.Not afraid to break a nose or get an aweful hit in the face, as long as he saves the goal. And aslo, he is number 42.

Attacking Full Back (Left Winger) - Ralfie - Deceptively fast, blinding runs, able to consistently make 3-4 people miss but rarely has to resort to moves or tricks to do so, powerful shot from either foot, able to take free kicks or corners with both feet, doesnt track back enough, fairly good but sometimes detrimental first touch
Attacking Full Back - Gunther "The Bone Breaker" - 6'2" 200 Lbs., 23 years of age, I am a physical player, excellent at tackling and heading. I am a good passer and have decent ball control, but am not so great with the long kicks. I can handle throw-ins and am good at placekicks. Communicating with my teammates is definitely a strength and I will sacrifice myself to shield against a shot if needed. If I had a weakness, it would be that I tend to foul because of my aggressive style of play. I am not the most agile, but I have stamina, decent strength and fast, able to make blinding runs. I feel most comfortable as an attacking full back.
Central Defender - Snagglepuss (C) - The oldest, the wisest, the captain, the king. This man is the defence, the talisman and prominant fixture in the national hitchiker squad. Calm and collected he allways hold and enforces the back line with his partner in crime Pourquoi. Gifted not only in defence but has the uncanny abilty to score from spot kicks. His pile driver hoofs and perfectly weighted long balls allows him to ensure the ball stay out of his half. A god damn work hoarse with legs of steel and a heart of gold.
Central Defender - Pourquoi - Right Footed. But 20 years of age, 6'5 in height and bulit like a bear - with facial hair to match, this Yorkshire lad takes much of his footballing acumen from the Leeds Utd defenders of the late '60s. To put it bluntly, he makes Roy Keane look like nice guy of the century. Though not gifted with speed or too much in the technique department, his excellant anticipation, marking & positioning give him at least an extra two yards in his head (if not in the real world) whilst a cunning ability to take midfileders by surprise and bomb on to the halfway line before playing a probing long ball towards the target man have caught many a defence out in his time. Brave as a lion, cunning as a fox, savage as a wolf (and often drunk as a duck), he truly is a menagerie of a human being - and that's just what his friends say.

Defensive Midfielder - Unpronounced - Playmaker. Preferred Moves:-Stops play / Dwells on ball, -Plays short simple passes, -Dictates Tempo, -Tries Long range passes and -Stays back at all times. Some of Unpronounced Attributes include: High work rate, jumping, tackling, stamina, positioning. Good anticipation, decisions, passing, bravery and teamwork. Being an intimidating 6'2 he has won best golden head award at one of the Aqua Sphere best football training academy's.
Defensive Midfielder - toffe - A new addition to the team this young son of gun has come up through Hitchhiker Milans youth academy. At a tender age of 17 he may be inexperianced but this meticulous boy has a sharp analytical mind. Able to juggle defence and attack he is able orchestrate attacks from the back and take control of the middle of the pitch.

Right Attacking Midfielder - IYIyTh (pronounced Myth)- 5' 11 inches with an athletic build. In honor of the only player to beat him in a foot race, D. Alexander Thought, he has dubbed the #42 on his jersey. Extremely speedy, on and off the dribble. Known throughout the Italian liga and homeless men he challenges to foot races as "Allucinazione," or Hallucination because of his speed, IYIyTh has the Accelleration of a ferrari with the agility of a rabbit in heat. IYIyTh's well-traveled service to many clubs has earned him legendary technique. While his speed is scathing, he is indeed a finesse player and while more often than not IYIyTh's passes are brilliant, his shot power is average at best. IYIyTh opts to create opportunities for his teamates rather than taking his own shot. This Sicilian is agressive, but his ability to see the field and overall intelligence makes him a player to be reckoned with in any match on defense, but moreso on the attack.
Center Attacking Midfielder - Scorpio - At a height of 6'1, I am a long lasting player with plenty of stamina to continually run up and down the field. I'm a good passer and can get the ball to a playmaker in tight positions. My play in the box isn't the greatest but I can shoot the ball very accurately. On defense I can steal the ball fairly easy but can be a little aggressive when tackling. All in all I have high stamina, high accuracy, a quick foot, and good passing.
Left Attacking Midfielder - Azrael Alexander - The son of renown of the legendary Zahir "Jiggly Legs" Shamshir this boy wonder was born with the slight handicap of being bling. But strict tutorage by his famous dad and advanced usage of echolocation means this lad has amazing dribbling and passing skills. However well know for his fouling then playing the "wot ref i'm frigging blind I did'nt see 'im. I only meant to kick him in the crotch not the teeth" he is one loose wild firing cannon. Amazingly quick but a blatant diver.

Striker - Caesar123 - Giant forward who can use both feet and has a turn of speed. Unfortunately has a tendency to shout at referees and get booked. An asset in the bar or strip joint after every match. Some trivia, Caesar123 played in the same youth team as John Barnes. he likes to think he set up all his goals but he couldn't keep up with him. A veteran of the national hitchhiker squad that won the Aqua nations cup 5 consecutive times he's the mostly harmful equivalent of a Mirislav klose on acid.

S1 - ScutterBug - Became a twice gold medallist at Olympic figure ice skating before transitioning to the beautiful game. Atheltic and flexible this boy is a defensive midfielder who through his years of experiance never makes a dirty tackle. As clean as whistle he is the anchor man of any defence he is in while having the confidance and ability to make incisive game changing runs and passes.
S2 - anette - As the former owner of the Hitchhiker Milan #1 jersey this fiesty latin senorita know how to organise a defence. However no longer caged by the small white box she has found her true calling in defence. An apt winger and central defender she works well with her husband the young toffe as hold players allowing the more attack minded members of the squad to push up. A crazy man marker and space invader this girl with pull your hair and drag you out of the 16 yeard box before the whistle for the corner is even blown. One word some here up, Beware.
S3 - Iron67 - As the resident MHA ghost who lurks around the changing rooms Iron67 when he had his corporeal form was a great all rounder. Now that he seems to be stuck between this world and the next what he lacks in body and physical precence he makes up for in supernatural ability. Pyrokenisis and Telekenisis allow him to control the ball with his mind as well as set it on fire. Favrouing sending long balls in the corner for the teams winger to pick he is a dynomite playmaker. After all he can read your mind.
S4 - Destroyer - Destroyer truley lives up to his name, a lightning quick attacking midfileder he is know to charge easily though ranks defenders with his fancy footwork. And true professional when it comes to making dummy runs and creating space in the final third to allow another player the chance to score.
S5 - Johnson - Man mountain, think of an Emile Hesky who scores a lot more goals.[/spoiler]
[b]Ordinary Men, Football Gods[/b]
[spoiler]Name: Ordinary Men, Football Gods

Players
Starters:
LW – KJ (short for Killjoy): Great at running at def. Makes people fall over, Hard working, Great passing, helps def, Scores great goals model pro great team work

ST - Jedaye: Striker. Some one can drop deep or play off the last defender. Tidy on the floor with and a threat in the air. High flair and creativity with good composure. Equally comfortable on either wing and in Midfield. Links play, shoots with power with his strong left foot and decent left, likes to chip the Keeper. Has a lack of fitness and is often found in the pub after training. Captain

RW – K. Will: A tall, fast and smart player. His comfort zone is truly on the right and he rarely ventures center except for a run. He is a great passer for both short and long distance and especially loves the through ball. Unfortunately he has a below average shot. Good stamina, but prone to injury. Comfortable at either wing as well as the right of the midfield.

LCM - Clock: Towering, box-to-box midfielder with an endless supply of energy. Equally comfortable in either penalty area. Has excellent vision and the range of passing to compliment it. Combines the strength of Micheal Essien with the strength of Patrick Viera. Set piece specialist of the team. Excellent first touch, and above average dribbling. Vicious shot.
Tall, well built, left footed, does not wear a snood.

RCM – Kage: Excellent ball control and passes, but average speed and stamina. Extremely physical play and extremely likely to fake fouls. Pass first, shoot second mentality.

CDM – Skull: The stout defensive commander of the defense takes his job with pride. He goes not stop to ensure the team is well defended and prepared to move down the field. He has great stamina as well as a good slide tackle, but is of average speed and feels uncomfortable outside his own half.

LB – Kama: tackles strong, likes to attack and cross balls into the box. strong in the air, fast with a decent touch

LCB – Calzone: Sturdy and steady presence on the backline. Solid in the air and quick on the ground. This veteran CB moves like a ballerina and has the football sense of a bonobo. Occasionally known to give own GK more problems than the opposition.

RCB- Biek: Determand - hard working - has an eye for a killer pass
has a good delivery, likes to argue with officials and is somehow still the anchor of the defense with his ability to consistently win the 1 on 1.

RB – Frosniper: Description: I am an aggressive, quick player with moderately good ball control. My strengths are my precision ball placement in throw-ins and passes. I am also completely unafraid to put my body in the way of the ball. I do however come slightly lacking in the ultra long kick department, and frequently mess up shots on goal.

GK – Auto: A young and tall keeper who sometimes reacts a little to early due to his age. He has a great leap and long arms (6’7’’ tall) helps him correct well for his mistakes, but he can get winded if he has to move a lot around the box.

Reserves:
Neoanderson: A ST who can play either side with ease, he is lightning fast and loves to play on the run and cause havoc for defenses who fail to trap him. He loves to shoot from range, but he doesn’t have the best curve on the ball which can cause problems while he is sprinting. He is comfortable in the air, but lacks physicality to win many battles against defenders.

Nobby: A LCB Strong positional, good on the ball, attacks high balls, quick, strong tackles

Euthyfro: A CDM who likes to stay in the middle of the field, decent curve and a good shot, but he hates to go inside the box. Tends to give up on plays a little early

Comedy: A grizzled goalie veteran who is quiet nowadays, he can still play a decent game, but tends to play slower and have less range than he used to. Excellent command of the defense while in play though.

Barney: A LW who is right foot dominant and loves to run up and down the side of the field, has a great cross and a below average shot. Does not like to shoot, but loves to pass

Manager – Jedaye DaGeordie of Greater Newcastle

Seal: [img]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/Jedaye/seal_Final_offical.png[/img][/spoiler]

[size="5"][b]Group F[/b][/size]
[b]IRON United[/b]
[spoiler]THE TEAM - IRON United

Manager - jacks

GK - Curufinwe:

'Stands in the goal, stopping the ball going in, noticed to play better when the sight and smell of cider are in there air. Just wins when drinking said cider.
Not afraid to kill to stop the ball going in, a talented goal keeper all the way to the hospital'

SW - The Warrior

Known to have legs stronger than an elephant and able to pass the ball with accuracy exceeding that of David Beckham, I've played soccer for 9 years and I will be the last line of defense in the IRON zone. Commands the defensive backs with a strong voice and a presence unrivaled by that of any other. The physical play from this sweeper is enough to drive fear into opposing players and keep them out of the offensive zone. Should an opponent be daring or foolhardy enough to drive deep into IRON territory, it's on. Should the ball get back to me, be ready forwards, you will see it flying over your heads in a moments time. Get ready for a breakaway.

DL - Dom Zak

DC1 - Wolfpacks Commander [Wolfpacks]

Natural knowledge, Defensive centre the rock in the heart of defence strong in the air and in the tackle,not the quickest player in the world but a great reader of the game, he knows how to play his way out of defence and can place a killer pass, the protector of goalkeepers.

DC2 - Narsis

Not the fastest, not the strongest, not the most accurate, not even the most enduring. As such, he plays a very technical/positional game. Is good at foreseeing what opponents are going to do. He is also very vocal in making sure his fellow teammates know what the other guys are up to, but is otherwise quiet.

DR - Yahna

Known lovingly by his fans as the "Great Wall of IRON", this player serves proudly in the IRON defensive line, aptly nicknamed "The IRON Curtain". Many opponents have tried and failed to break through the barrier of this left-footed defensive player. Through blood, sweat, and pain he continues to give 110% to ensure that his goalie is never left without support as the fans rise shouting "FERRO CREDIMUS" in the stands.

DMC - Preston

Physically slender with thicker legs, the most striking features of this midfielder are his piercing blue eyes beneath short-cropped black hair. The amount those eyes appear to see is uncanny - watching him on replays it often seems he is looking at the entire field from above based on how clearly he is aware of the offense's movement around him and the path the ball is taking. Very often he predicts where the offense's push ends up, ready to intercept a pass and turn the game around. Even more impressive than his perceptions is his ball control, marked by complex footwork that strips the ball away from opponents and swift, accurate passes that drive the ball to his team's offense. He does not seem to speak very much on the field, however - during one interview he said that he finds the crude yells of his opponents to be a waste of breath. He seems to have put together some hand signals and brief keywords with his teammates so that he can communicate with them effectively, but otherwise he saves all his energy to prolong his stamina on the field.

ML - Cristoir

Cristoir has been known for his hard-working if a little agressive style of play. Constantly putting the pressure on the opposition but once he has the ball has a firm and skilled touch and very decent right foot. His height and build make him respected by the opposition and a match spent marking him is often an agressive one. His abiltiy to score from distance has made him a squad regular but him biggest weakness is his off the pitch antics which include 3 arrests and being caught up in a raid in the upstairs of massage parlor in china town.

MC1 - Theo

A young player but already surpassing some of his childhood childhood role models. At the age of 22 he plays better than Zinedine Zidane. He is known for not giving ground to the opponents and will happily commit a foul when needed.

Nicknamed „Le Cheval“ by the international press, both for his work on the field and for his speed. He'll usually run at least a kilometer more than anyone else on the field.

A great player that raises aspirations of his fellow team mates. However his greatest strength persistence is also his greatest weakness as it can turn in to stubbornness.

MC2 - bcndwilson

bcndwilson is a fast and physical player who will not give up possession of the ball without a fight. His passion for the game overshines his lack of size or ball skills as he plays his heart out for the team every time he steps on the pitch. bcnd is also a leader for his team in the good and the bad and will make sure his team mates play to the level he knows they are capable of.

MR - Queltocz

MR - Queltocz began his career as a right-sided defender but was pushed forward by his coaches as they realised that his skill on the ball and thunderous shot were of more value to the team than his innate desire to hurt the opposition forwards with knee-high tackles. Having held a somewhat dubious record for once receiving three red cards in one game (don't ask ), he now has an impeccable disciplinary record.

The thunderous shot and ball skills remain however, and these coupled with an extraordinary burst of speed over the first ten yards from a stationary position make Queltocz a nightmare to mark for any defender. Queltocz is also renowned for his ability to score goals with his inswinging corners from either side of the pitch.

Bald in his early twenties, he sometimes glues an Alice band to his head to mock opposition players who spend more time on their looks and their hair than on their fitness and skills.

AMC - Declanm

'Supporting forwards and try to score goals where possible. Was nicknamed "Wee Messi" in a 5-a-side league for Speed, Skills and long dark hair. (and maybe something to do with always wearing a Barcelona shirt)'

FC1 - Raven

With incredible speed and agility I can accurately place the ball in any part of the goal I wish. I have been known to get a yellow card here and there and a few red cards due to my physical style of play. I kick ass take names score goals and look great with my sandy blond hair that shines in the light and makes me look like a god on the field intimidating the other team.

FC 2 - MCRABT

MCRABT is known for his towering physique, fantastic in the air and renowned for his ability to hold up the ball allowing runners from the midfield to tear into the defense. A player that gets on the end of the ball and is in his element when tearing into defenders chasing every ball allowing no centre back to rest on his laurels. With a touch as delicate as Didier Drogba, MCRABT is a match winner on his day, popping up to squeeze in that winning goal or clear of the line with a last ditch defensive header. Watch out for his flaring temper, MCRABT is partial to the odd red card particularly toward the end of games. One SFA official commented in his match report " MCRABT reacted angrily to the tackle and proceeded to head butt the challenging defender, MCRABT was issued a red card at which point he told the referee to get down to specsavers". However his presence in any team is one that drives all around him forward with pasion and fierce competition.

Substitute (FC) 4 - cj2288

Cj2288 has been know for his athletic ability. As a four year starter in Basketball, American football and FuBball (soccer) at his high school. He was recruited highly out of high school to play all three sports but choose FuBball. He can play any position fairly well but stands out at the forward position. His Football career as a Tight End in high school gave him an aggressive mentality causing him to be one who attracts red cards. His Basketball career gave him good foot work and he can score in an instant. He has been know for a nasty right hook with his foot that jukes out any goal keeper. Defenders tend to run away from the ball when they see he has it.

Substitute (MR) 5 - Blaskowicz

Since his childhood in an obscure South American country, Blaskowicz has proven it's talent. Determined to the point of stubborness, he has driven many attackers to madness while in defense and a pressure point when taking the offensive. Rumors say he can score a goal from across the field. However, his mostly aggresive play can prove to be troublesome for the late part of matches, but even then he shows why he's nicknamed the Lion from the South

[hr]

4-4-2 (left to right)

Curfinwe

Dom Zak, The Warrior, Wolfpacks Commander (abbr to wolfpacks if too long), Yahna;

Cristoir, Preston, Theo(philos), Queltocz;

Raven , MCRABT

SUBS:
DC - Narsis
MC - bcndwilson
AMC - Declanm
FC: - cj2288
MR - Blaskowicz

Manager: Jacks

[hr]

[img]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/932/ironunited.png[/img]

DL - Iron Helix
Hailing from humble beginnings of a traditional shepherding family of the pastoral southron lands comes the defensive left fielder, Iron Helix. Known as "Aries" or "The Ram" among his compatriots for his skills at using head butts and charges of his foes on the field of battle, this demigod of war or football as the case may be, is a formidable opponent and a worthy ally. His passing skills rank among the top with legs to match his name. Accusations of anabolic steroid use have plagued Iron Helix during his impressive career, with a temper to match said accusations, however subsequent urine and blood tests have all returned with impeccable results.

Also Declanm (AMC) requested I send you an updated discription for his position:

A speedy young player showing promise for the future and with his fire, passion and dedication tempers sometimes flare. On occasions has been known to “Stick the heed in and nut opposing players”. But when he is one-on-one he shows his creativeness and skill. Also his long and short pass is perfect for feeding the forwards and can pick a players head from a mile away. Was nicknamed "Wee Messi" in during 5-a-side tournament for Skills and long dark hair.

[/spoiler]
[b]Red Star FC[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name:[/b] Red Star FC

[b]Manager: [/b] Cataduanes - A veteran of past MK football tournaments with ODN.
[b]Logo:[/b]
[img]http://www.clker.com/cliparts/7/1/4/9/12428049322060500654Roundel_guinea_bissau.svg.med.png[/img]

[u][b]Squad[/b][/u]

[b]GK: [/b] Seixas
A cool customer who shows a great deal of calm under pressure. The Californian’s is good in the air, but has made mistakes in one on one situations.

[b]Def (LB): [/b]Baron Terror
The one of the teams two resident Brit's, the Baron provides a strong presence in the leftback position and while not the quickest has good on the ball skills when bombing forward.
[b]Def (CB):[/b] jackred
Another Brit, he is a quietly efficient defender whose workmanlike approach provides a consistent presence in the backline.
[b]Def (CB):[/b] JesusTheViking
The cigar chomping Californian with a brutal uncompromising streak, who shows no mercy when going in for a tackle.
[b]Def (RB): [/b]Finnish Commie
Big, bold and Finnish. He is not adverse to foulplay when the ref has his back turned, a habit which sometimes backfires on him. Not the quickest rightback but has plenty of experience and ability.

[b]MF (AML):[/b] Comrade Craig
The captain of the team, who commands respect in his fellow team members and opponents. Renowned for his appreciation of Taco Bell products.
[b]MF (CMF): [/b]Frost
The Spanish wonder, whose precise passing and forward runs in the centre of the park are crucial to the team’s tactics.
[b]MF (CMF): [/b] Jacob
Mainly a holding player whose defensive outlook allows the rest of the midfield to push forward when the opportunity arises. Quiet and dependable, his presence in the centre of the formation cannot be taken for granted.
[b]MF (AMR):[/b] BOZG
The Irish winger is both quick on the break and able to deliver precise crosses into the box.

[b]FW:[/b] omgitseriin
Known alternatively as ‘Omgit’ (OOC: for commentary purposes). Young, eager and able this forward is both determined and headstrong.
[b]FW: [/b]Sir Pwnage
A born attacker known as the ‘’fox in the box’’. Great with his feet but not so hot in the air.

[u][b]Subs[/b][/u]
[b]1: [/b]Nestor Makhno
The young Canadian is the substitute goalie, he has ability if not experience.
[b]2:[/b] Romochka Korzhanenko
The Aussie defender was a late entry to the squad for the WC. Good in the air and blessed with relatively good pace.
[b]3:[/b] keger
The midfielder who hails from the US has relatively little experience, but is renowned as a competent passer of the ball.
[b]4: [/b]Henry A Wallace
Another American player, renowned for his stamina and his end-to-end running.
[b]5: [/b] FLOZi
The old veteran is a respected member of the squad. Sometimes temperamental he cannot be underestimated. [/spoiler]
[b]The Christian Crusaders[/b]
[spoiler][b]Team Name[/b]: The Christian Crusaders
[b]Manager[/b]: KingChris
[b]Logo[/b]: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2/cccflag.jpg
GK (Captain) - wes the wise - Georgian. Short, black hair. When it comes to his football abilities, he has excellent goalkeeper positioning, has good reflexes, and when it comes to leaping for a save, he has made an art of doing so, bringing him fame all over the world.
DF - Sheldomar - Short, muscular, short brown hair. Very experienced with the game. Not very quick, but he can position himself well on the field to take incoming strikers. Also plays well under pressure.
DF - nate1865 - Tall, muscular, short brown hair. Although at first sight, he doesn't appear to bring much to the game, nate1865 has proven to be one of the best performing players on the team, playing excellently in clutch situations and making brilliant plays even when the rest of the team starts to lag behind.
DF - KeyStroke - One of the oldest players on the team. Due to aging, his leg power is not the best, but he still possesses great agility. Sometimes impulsive and hot-tempered, but he is extremely intelligent and has amazing instincts and reflexes which strengthen the team's defense.
DF - Zion7 - Muscular, short brown hair. The second youngest player on the team, Zion7 is also one of the quickest. Sometimes hot tempered. This player is really and all-around person and can play in any position, but his potential is maximized when he is on the defense making stunning saves.
MF - Jelly Doughnut - Tall, muscular, very short black hair. Very powerful shot.
MF - slave2jesus - Muscular, short brown hair. His expertise is in tackling.
MF - Ichabod - Muscular, long brown hair. This midfielder is the playmaker of the team. Young compared to most players on the team, but very skillful. Specializes in freekicks.
MF - Ruler the White - Short, skinny, short brown hair. He's still a teen, but his soccer abilities exceed so many professional players that some have amusingly dubbed him as a god. Makes a few mistakes, but brings much potential to the team with his agility.
ST - Ogden Chichester (nickname: Oggie)- Tall, a bit skinny, short brown hair. One of the older players, Ogden Chichester is known throught all of Bob as one of the greatest strikers in history. On the CCC team, he is the penalty taker. Possess great shooting power and is an excellent header of the ball. He also handles pressure very well and displays coolness in the most clutch situations.
ST - KingChris (The manager cloned himself :V ) - Short, skinny, long black hair. He doesn't have a lot of shooting power, but he makes up for it with his quickness and deadly accuracy. Great header of the ball. One of the most intelligent on the team. Has very good goal instincts and often is able to make goals, especially at the last minute.
S1 - Richard VII - Quick, very good defender. Works well in clutch situations.
S2 - clcarte2 - Muscular, tall, bald. Normally plays as a defender. Can make great tackles. Very powerful.
S3 - Les Paul Supreme - Scottish. Tall, skinny, spiky blond hair. Very quick and an excellent tackler. Opposing players often get confused due to his ability to steal the ball so quickly.
S4 - The Kaptain - Bald, muscular. Very quick and agile. Great endurance.
S5 - Cooper I - Skinny, short brown hair. A good striker. Makes powerful, although sometimes not too accurate shots. Good reflexes.[/spoiler]
[b]XXX United[/b]
[spoiler][quote][b]Team name:[/b] XXX United
[b]Manager: [/b] Partisan
[b]Logo:[/b] http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9026/flagb.png
[b]Formation: [/b] 4-2-1-3 (CB, CB, RB, LB) (LM, RM, CAM) (LW, RW, ST)

[size="5"][b]Starting 11[/b][/size]

[b]Player name:[/b] Vellocet
[b]Position:[/b] Goalkeeper
[b]Strengths:[/b] great hand-eye-coordination and great feeling for the ball, good reaction and excellent diving abilities.
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Bad shot and vision. Often drunk.
[b]History:[/b] A russian massage expert with golden hands. This man has a feeling for balls like no-one else does. A scout met him, drunk, on a wild party where he was juggling vodka bottles with one hand.

[b]Player name:[/b] Wu Tang Clan (if not possble: WuTangClan
[b]Position:[/b] Central Back
[b]Strengths:[/b] Tall, very strong (body), good stamina, excellent tackle, good header and speed slightly above average.
[b]Weaknesses[/b] Bad technique, bad temper/teamwork
[b]History:[/b] This somalian monster was scouted during a football brawl in his hometown. He singlehandedly knocked out three of his opponents with one headbutt. scientists have no clue what material his head is made of. This man has a very bad temper. Once killed a man for flirting with the girl he wanted to sleep with. It later turned out the girl was non-existent.

[b]Player name:[/b] Ironchef
[b]Position:[/b] Central Back (Captain)
[b]Strengths[/b] Good vision and speed, excellent leader. Good pass and header/jumping ability.
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Lacks strength
[b]History:[/b] This little gem was picked straight out of kindergarten after she displayed great leadership skills by leading the kids in her class in a revolution against the teachers. The teachers have never been found back.

[b]Player name:[/b] The Big Bad
[b]Position:[/b] Left Back
[b]Strengths[/b] Average speed and slightly above average strength, tall, good tackle
[b]Weaknesses [/b] low stamina, incredibly aggressive
[b]History:[/b] This man is Big and Bad. He is often found threatening other players. There are rumours that he threatened to steal the managers babies if he didn't get selected. When confronted, neither the manager nor any other player was willing to comment.

[b]Player name:[/b] Corrupt
[b]Position:[/b] Right Back
[b]Strengths[/b] Great vision, average strength and good speed, good technique for a defender
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Corrupt, Bad pass
[b]History:[/b] This man has some great football abilities, he is an real asset for his team unless his opponent offers him money or certain services. Teams have lost cups because of his corruptness.

[b]Player name:[/b] iMatt
[b]Position:[/b] Left Midfield
[b]Strengths[/b] above average speed and above average strength, good endurance and good passing ability.
[b]Weaknesses [/b] heading, below average technique
[b]History:[/b] The sport of the team in every sense, a real soccer player. Once cracked his head while trying to fight a windmill. Hasn't been able to put in any good headers since that day.

[b]Player name:[/b] aboooe
[b]Position:[/b] Right Midfield
[b]Strengths[/b] very agile, good speed and great technique
[b]Weaknesses [/b] bad passing and very bad vision
[b]History:[/b]Both a clown and an acrobat. This guy is incredibly flexible, he can bend over further than anyone else. His speed and great technique make for a wonderful player to see. He plays with the ball. His only downside is that he doesn't quite understand the game. This player has a tendency of passing to the wrong player or even in the wrong direction.

[b]Player name:[/b] Meyer
[b]Position:[/b] Central Attacking Midfield
[b]Strengths[/b] Excellent short pass and long pass, great distance shot, accuracy and power.
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Low strength and speed
[b]History:[/b] This player used to be a very notorious hunter. Before his soccer career he would go hunting with his friends and bring home 5 deers a day, without using a gun. When someone investigated his skills, he found out that Meyer used a football to strike down the fleeing animals. His shot power and accuracy are so deadly that he is nicknamed: "Sniper".

[b]Player name:[/b] Wabooz
[b]Position:[/b] Left Wing (Forward)
[b]Strengths[/b] Great technique and good speed, good at crossing
[b]Weaknesses [/b] lacks strength and aggressiveness
[b]History:[/b] Wabooz is good with the ball and has some speed. As a child he was once bitten in his left cheek by his opponent during a match. As a result he is now afraid of his opponent.

[b]Player name:[/b] Pmoses
[b]Position:[/b] Right Wing (Forward)
[b]Strengths[/b] Good stamina, vision and strength, slightly above avg shot and pass/cross
[b]Weaknesses [/b] slightly Below avg speed and technique
[b]History:[/b]This mans lungs seem to be inexhaustible. He keeps on running and running without getting tired. He is often found blowing vuvuzelas....during the match!

[b]Player name:[/b] Partisan
[b]Position:[/b] Striker
[b]Strengths[/b] Good speed and agility, Excellent finishing and a good shot.
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Length (short) and a very bad header/aerial skills
[b]History:[/b] This striker knows how to play when he is sober. One day he was drunk and decided to get a foot implant. He now has a golden foot which appears to be succesfull. This player is often found in the local bar during the warming up.

[size="5"][b]Substitutes[/b][/size]
[b]Player name:[/b] Liam Riordan
[b]Position:[/b] substitude (Central Back)
[b]Strengths[/b] Strength, Vision and Heading
[b]Weaknesses [/b]Speed and ball handling
[b]History:[/b] This large welsh shepherd once measured his strength by body slamming a tree. The tree lost.

[b]Player name:[/b] Pierce The Veil
[b]Position:[/b] substitude (Central Midfield)
[b]Strengths[/b] Long pass, short pass and ball handling (technique)
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Lacks strength and speed.
[b]History:[/b] A real playmaker. Knows when to send it and where to send it. It is likely that this player would even pass the ball if he's at 1 feet from the opponents goal with nobody close.

[b]Player name:[/b] Mike Oldfield
[b]Position:[/b] substitude (Goalkeeper)
[b]Strengths[/b] Great reflexes, shot and vision (placement)
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Bad throw and bad at diving
[b]History:[/b] This goalkeeper has cat-like reflexes and knows where the ball will fall before the shooter knows it. His only issue is that he is afraid an alligator will turn up and eat him when he hits the ground, making diving very hard for him.

[b]Player name:[/b] Szalony
[b]Position:[/b] substitude (Striker)
[b]Strengths[/b] Good header, tall, good strength/use of body and high power in shots
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Lacks speed and agility.
[b]History:[/b] This striker used to reach the goal by simply throwing aside anyone that crossed his path. A real beast! Rumour has it that he eats babies too.

[b]Player name:[/b] KingOffa
[b]Position:[/b] Substitude (Striker)
[b]Strengths[/b] Pretty eyes, pretty face, very good actor (schwalbes)
[b]Weaknesses [/b] Has no clue what soccer is or how to play it.
[b]History:[/b] When one of the players got injured during a strange accident involving two cats and a turtle, the manager hired an actor from a casting bureau. This man is mainly here to look pretty and impress the female fans.[/spoiler]

[size="6"][b]Miscellaneous[/b][/size]
This is the section which never gets used which I've suddenly found use for

[size="5"][b]Past Tournaments[/b][/size]
(All links require a Foreign Guest account on the Mushroom Kingdom forums)
- [url=http://thecastlehall.com/boards/index.php?topic=24117.0]The Mushroom Kingdom Invitational[/url]
- [url=http://thecastlehall.com/boards/index.php?topic=24762.0]World Cup 2009[/url]
- [url=http://thecastlehall.com/boards/index.php?topic=28247.0]Castle Fairgrounds Premier League[/url]
- [url=http://thecastlehall.com/boards/index.php?topic=30774.0]Satellite Five Premier League[/url]

[size="5"][b]Group Stage Draw[/b][/size]
Conducted by myself in [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfzEkxfWXY]live video format[/url], the draw for the group stage can be found [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94063&view=findpost&p=2519237]here[/url]

[size="5"][b]Predictions[/b][/size]
Bored on the bus one day, I made a reduced version of the spreadsheet which automatically updated the knock out stage sheet depending on the group stage tables.

The blank sheet can be found and downloaded from [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdHg4Y1paQVRsU21xSktZaWNWcGVyWHc&hl=en&authkey=CPXpoPoL#gid=0]here[/url].

I filled one in [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArGcjJlwiuQkdFpiTW1fV090WXZkaVZPemRZb1pFN2c&hl=en&authkey=CJaJvpoC#gid=0]myself[/url] to prove it worked, without giving much thought to my own predictions.

[size="5"][b]Competitions[/b][/size]
[b]Manager of the Tournament[/b]
This is a wholly subjective award for the manager who I feel 'embodies the spirit' of the World Cup, regardless of their team's performance. Whether they tried tactical tweaks, whether they were active, whether they got their alliance-mates involved and so on. The winner gets 50 tech to the nation of their choice and potentially some kind of terrible commemorative image.

[b]Goal of the Tournament[/b]
This will be a competition held after the World Cup is finished. I will create a list of ten or so goals, from which I will pick my top three (in order). The aim of the competition will be to pick the same three goals as I did. The winner - whoever gets closest to my picks - will win 50 tech to the nation of their choice. There may be a Best XI competition as well, based on the same concept, but I might not have that much tech to give!

[size="5"][b]Frequently Asked Questions[/b][/size]
Please do ask any and all relevant questions and I'll do my best to write them up here.

Q. Can I change x?
A. The only thing I am willing to change at any time apart from tactics are player names as they are purely aesthetic.

Q. Why don't you stream the games?
A. Simply, my connection isn't good enough to stream. My connection isn't even good enough to watch the videos I upload during the evening. I upload the matches overnight, when my connection isn't throttled.

Edited by kamichi

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1291818815' post='2533879']
O'Samurai players and fans are getting fired up for this. LETS. GET. IT. ON!
[/quote]

B-)
Weeeeeeeee!

For this team I scream and shout!
This is what it's all about!
Knock 'em dead! I'm so excited!
Go team go! O'Samurai United!

Weeeeeeeee!

B-)

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1291820130' post='2533888']
One question on it; how are things like stats handled in terms of creating the teams?
[/quote]
[quote name='#wc2010']
[15:09:04] <Azrael_Alexander> @Kamichi, how did you convert player description to players out of interest?
[/quote]

First and foremost, there's (obviously) no scientific process to it. I don't edit attributes until they accurately match some kind of plan, but I do put a decent amount of thought into player creation in a misguided attempt to emphasise the differences between teams while keeping them all broadly balanced.

I create the players manually based on two rough measures for each player: what type of player they are and their importance within their team.

[b]1. Player Type[/b]
I keep two or three broad archetypes in mind for each position. A striker could be a target man, a poacher, an old fashioned centre forward (I think Alan Shearer), a playmaker, whatever. There is a general set of skills which make a good striker, but each particular type of striker will be better at different roles depending on their attributes (and physique).

To give an example: [i]ST - Jeoh - The most prolific striker in recent history (if you ignore the CFPL) returns to torment defences for the fourth time. He may have added to his game over the past year, but his strength still lies in his immense physical presence, rather than his inevitably clumsy control.[/i]
This is almost the textbook definition of a target man striker. He'll almost definitely be tall, strong and have high heading, jumping and shot power attributes, at the expensive of control and accuracy. I'll be able to accurately set the attributes not mentioned in the description based on the archetype in my head.

If a player's description doesn't hint at any archetype at all then I tend to make generic players with no particular strengths and no particular weaknesses. Such players are typically inferior to their specialised counterparts. They'll get bullied by the stronger, outrun by the weaker, bamboozled by the more skilled and caught out by the better passers. This is why I encourage detailed descriptions.

[b]2. Importance[/b]
Importance is totally subjective on my part. The best players on each team will typically be the manager and/or other prominent members of the alliance (leaders, popular OWF posters, etc) unless specified otherwise by descriptions. This means that every team - when taken as a unit - will have defined strengths and weaknesses, which makes for much more entertaining matches.

Substitutes also tend to be inferior to starting players. Not so much that it's worth playing starters out of position rather than bring a sub on though.

Please note that importance only defines how good a player is compared to the rest of their team. In terms of raw attributes, all teams are roughly equal.

[quote name='Brutilius' timestamp='1291827340' post='2533969']
Nemesis wins Kamichi's prediction, so realistically, we are going to win the real thing as well.
[/quote]

To be honest, I made that prediction right after playing a test match against Nemesis and being reminded of how good your kits look. That was the main factor.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1291838811' post='2534121']
Juventus may surprise a few people. ;)
[/quote]

Group A is definitely the group of death. Two of the best new submissions along with two high-achieving, experienced teams. It's a shame that at least one of them has to be eliminated after three matches.