The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

KARRES - It is match day two folks as we bring you today's coverage from the tri-capital area of Genesis. For match day one it was a mistake filled game and O'Samurai United was lucky to escape with a draw. It looks like the line up will have a change as the rookie okandjo will be benched for veteran AndyP. There are rumors floating around that okandjo was on Umbrellas payroll for the last match with the amount of balls he passed their way but our investigative reporters have not been able to turn any evidence of that.

Excitement still runs high around the Checkmate. territory mainly because the whole group is still level with everyone drawing on match day one. O'Samurai will be looking to change that right out of the gate and hopes to get the offense running out of the gates quickly. Nitemare and don_bidarin should be pivotal with their speed in moving the ball up the field and with HisK's natural scoring ability he needs to connect with those shots. It would also help to not shoot from midfield.

There have been claims that the the tournament is fixed and that the winner is already pre-determined. These rumors seem to have originated from the FC Hitchhiker camp and all manager AirMe had to say was "POPPYCOCK! Anyone who knows anything about how these tourney's play out knows that is not true. In fact given the bias that is shown against O'Samurai United some could make the case that it is rigged against us! That being said, this competition has been the most exciting and even set of matches the world has ever seen. Know that who ever lifts that trophy at the end will have fought and clawed their way too it and won it fair and square. If we have a chance to play FC Hitchhiker we will show them what real skill is on the pitch for their inflammatory remarks!"

Today looks to be an exciting match and we cannot wait! GO'Samurai!

-

Edited by AirMe

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1292772873' post='2544437']
KARRES - It is match day two folks as we bring you today's coverage from the tri-capital area of Genesis. For match day one it was a mistake filled game and O'Samurai United was lucky to escape with a draw. It looks like the line up will have a change as the rookie okandjo will be benched for veteran AndyP. There are rumors floating around that okandjo was on Umbrellas payroll for the last match with the amount of balls he passed their way but our investigative reporters have not been able to turn any evidence of that.

Excitement still runs high around the Checkmate. territory mainly because the whole group is still level with everyone drawing on match day one. O'Samurai will be looking to change that right out of the gate and hopes to get the offense running out of the gates quickly. Nitemare and don_bidarin should be pivotal with their speed in moving the ball up the field and with HisK's natural scoring ability he needs to connect with those shots. It would also help to not shoot from midfield.

There have been claims that the the tournament is fixed and that the winner is already pre-determined. These rumors seem to have originated from the FC Hitchhiker camp and all manager AirMe had to say was "POPPYCOCK! Anyone who knows anything about how these tourney's play out knows that is not true. In fact given the bias that is shown against O'Samurai United some could make the case that it is rigged against us! That being said, this competition has been the most exciting and even set of matches the world has ever seen. Know that who ever lifts that trophy at the end will have fought and clawed their way too it and won it fair and square. If we have a chance to play FC Hitchhiker we will show them what real skill is on the pitch for their inflammatory remarks!"

Today looks to be an exciting match and we cannot wait! GO'Samurai!

-
[/quote]

love it :awesome:

GENZODANSK - It is judgement day my fellow froods, standing here amoungst the swelling crowds in the central trading market we all know this is the make or break match. Thousands of people have already poured into the spheres biggest open markets. But there will be no bartering or the selling of vegetables today. Everyone here is waiting to see if thier world cup hopes and dreams might be realised. But they can nought but cheer and shout at the massive screen as the result rests on the shoulders of Alexanders chosen 11. Thier was dismay and annoyance with player manager who had promised much but so far had delivered little. It has been confirmed that he will not be change the formation nor would he be changing his starting lineup. The head of the sports association, rugby confirmed that should Hitchhiker Milan face defeat again that drastic action would be taken. When I was able to question some of the players the were hesitant to tell me anything about this drastic action.  but off the record it became clear to the player manager had been given a simple ultimatum. Either win or force a draw, should he not it is believed he will be forced to resign. The grapevine has IYIyTh penciled in to be his replacement. 

We here at the HarmlessHarbringer are proud to say that we have spearheaded true quality investigative journalism into these games. It seems other nations are following hot on our heels. Dig deeper boys and you'll see the corruption. And with the we hope for the best during the match. C'mon nezaurri!

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1292920630' post='2548130']
OMFG, looking like contenders!
[/quote]
Typical Michael "Clock" Essien though. While we're finishing off the Group Stage he'll be laid out in a massage parlor getting his OMFG funded treatment. <_<

Also what's up with Bodebiek channeling his inner de Jong?

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1292932785' post='2548231']
Typical Michael "Clock" Essien though. While we're finishing off the Group Stage he'll be laid out in a massage parlor getting his OMFG funded treatment. <_<

Also what's up with Bodebiek channeling his inner de Jong?
[/quote]

Not even injured, just fancied a rest really. Figure you guys can handle FC Hitchhiker without me..
It makes me proud to be the first crocked player in CN World Cup history :awesome:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1293039540' post='2550129']
Tetris leading Group D. I like. Also: My condolences Umbrellailures.

:(( Kamichi forgetting my name :((
[/quote]

no worries - we'll likely be forgotten by the New Years - champs or not by most people :P

well played, O'Samurai - good luck to both of us

onward Tetris

I hope I got these scenarios right, I think I have.

[spoiler] Wed Dec 22

Coming into the day, LoSSed & Found needed a win and some help to qualify for the knockout stages. Having not scored a goal up to this point in the tournament, the natives were restless so to speak, and so team manager DDolla changed the formation from the 4-4-2 that had resulted in a draw and a loss to a 3-5-2 and made tactical changes to encourage offense in the hopes of getting a win. In the match prior to their own, LoSSed & Found was eliminated from automatic qualification by AFC Tetris and O'Samurai United, who drew 0-0 in a match that looked like a draw by gentlemen's agreement, as both were well aware of their qualification scenarios before the match started. HisK's botched penalty seemed rather intentional to the LoSSed & Found players, who now needed a win and some help from outside the group to continue to the knockout stages.

Right off the bat, the formation and tactical changes had obvious impact, as LoSS was able to press forward and create more offensive chances. The breakthrough goal finally happened close to the half, when Cobalt took a pass from Alek right up the heart of the field and blasted a shot from far out that found the top of the net over NFL Generic (the Umbrella keeper) to give a 1-0 lead going into the half. LoSS kept up the pressure in the second half, but were unable to find a second goal which would have secured qualification, and managed to hold off the Umbrellailures, who seemed insistent on giving away possession and attacking chances with terrible chipped through balls and poor passing.

The result leaves LoSS looking forward to tomorrow's matches with a good feeling, as only a small percentage of potential outcomes can have them miss out. Indeed, any scenario leaves them in a tiebreaker with The Lion Kings for the last qualification slot.

Scenarios:

If all 4 games tomorrow are draws, LoSSed & Found will be tied with The Lion Kings for the last slot, and if Red Star FC does not score, there will be a 3-way tie.

If FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG, Nemesis beats Mexica, Red Star beats XXX and IRON beats CCC, then LoSSed & Found will be tied with The Lion Kings.

If either FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG and Nemesis beats Mexica OR both those games are draws OR either FC Hitchhiker or Nemesis wins and the other game is a draw AND IRON beats CCC and Red Star vs. XXX finishes 0-0, then there would be a 3 way tie between LoSSed & Found, The Lion Kings, and Red Star FC. If Red Star and XXX draw by any other score in this scenario, then it results in a tie between LoSSed & Found and The Lion Kings.

If either FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG and Nemesis beats Mexica OR both those games are draws OR either FC Hitchhiker or Nemesis wins and the other game is a draw AND Red Star beats XXX and IRON vs. CCC ends in a draw, then LoSSed & Found ties with The Lion Kings for the last slot.

Any other scenario puts both LoSSed & Found and The Lion Kings through to the next round.

[/spoiler]

[quote name='Alekhine' timestamp='1293058153' post='2550551']
And I will be rooting for you all the way, for if you do, we get to advance into the knockout stages without a tiebreaker.
[/quote]
I guess that's why shouldn't skim :P. It looked like most of the scenarios start with us losing haha

[quote name='Alekhine' timestamp='1293051994' post='2550350']
I hope I got these scenarios right, I think I have.

[spoiler] Wed Dec 22

Coming into the day, LoSSed & Found needed a win and some help to qualify for the knockout stages. Having not scored a goal up to this point in the tournament, the natives were restless so to speak, and so team manager DDolla changed the formation from the 4-4-2 that had resulted in a draw and a loss to a 3-5-2 and made tactical changes to encourage offense in the hopes of getting a win. In the match prior to their own, LoSSed & Found was eliminated from automatic qualification by AFC Tetris and O'Samurai United, who drew 0-0 in a match that looked like a draw by gentlemen's agreement, as both were well aware of their qualification scenarios before the match started. HisK's botched penalty seemed rather intentional to the LoSSed & Found players, who now needed a win and some help from outside the group to continue to the knockout stages.

Right off the bat, the formation and tactical changes had obvious impact, as LoSS was able to press forward and create more offensive chances. The breakthrough goal finally happened close to the half, when Cobalt took a pass from Alek right up the heart of the field and blasted a shot from far out that found the top of the net over NFL Generic (the Umbrella keeper) to give a 1-0 lead going into the half. LoSS kept up the pressure in the second half, but were unable to find a second goal which would have secured qualification, and managed to hold off the Umbrellailures, who seemed insistent on giving away possession and attacking chances with terrible chipped through balls and poor passing.

The result leaves LoSS looking forward to tomorrow's matches with a good feeling, as only a small percentage of potential outcomes can have them miss out. Indeed, any scenario leaves them in a tiebreaker with The Lion Kings for the last qualification slot.

Scenarios:

If all 4 games tomorrow are draws, LoSSed & Found will be tied with The Lion Kings for the last slot, and if Red Star FC does not score, there will be a 3-way tie.

If FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG, Nemesis beats Mexica, Red Star beats XXX and IRON beats CCC, then LoSSed & Found will be tied with The Lion Kings.

If either FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG and Nemesis beats Mexica OR both those games are draws OR either FC Hitchhiker or Nemesis wins and the other game is a draw AND IRON beats CCC and Red Star vs. XXX finishes 0-0, then there would be a 3 way tie between LoSSed & Found, The Lion Kings, and Red Star FC. If Red Star and XXX draw by any other score in this scenario, then it results in a tie between LoSSed & Found and The Lion Kings.

If either FC Hitchhiker beats OMFG and Nemesis beats Mexica OR both those games are draws OR either FC Hitchhiker or Nemesis wins and the other game is a draw AND Red Star beats XXX and IRON vs. CCC ends in a draw, then LoSSed & Found ties with The Lion Kings for the last slot.

Any other scenario puts both LoSSed & Found and The Lion Kings through to the next round.

[/spoiler]
[/quote]

forgot you were in LoSS now (I failed to pay attention :P) good luck

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1293055349' post='2550465']
I have yet to be scored on. Just throwing that out there.

:smug:
[/quote]

careful USMC, pride always comes before the fall - so save the smugs for after the world cup ^_^

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1293058337' post='2550558']
I guess that's why shouldn't skim :P. It looked like most of the scenarios start with us losing haha
[/quote]

Yeah, because those are the scenarios for us NOT getting in automatically, since there are a lot fewer of those and they're easier to list.