[center]The Harmless Harbringer - News from the MHA heartlands
Issue #2 - the one FIcFA tried to ban
[/center]
[spoiler][center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/e67ew0.png[/img]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2hef4mb.png[/img]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/1672es1.png[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Azrael Alexander' timestamp='1292617351' post='2541989']
If I could change it I would, my apologies to HisK I do try to take more care with peoples names
[/quote]
Is that an apostrophe under the group D image? (I won't lie, when I first saw it I tried scratching it off :P)

Regardless, thanks for the incredibly swift update, Azrael.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1292621471' post='2542027']
Being how you lucked out against the Crusaders, you'll have to really up your game to claim top spot.
[/quote]

We did indeed have quite some luck against them. I'll edit our sliders and lineup where neccessary.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1292609414' post='2541907']
Just as a note from the TOP-Pacifica game - Pacifica's first goal was not offside. Longworth was *just* ahead of the TOP defender on the near side when the ball was kicked.
[/quote]

Yea I'm just glad it didn't decide the game :P Either way, good cross from NPO, but that was their really only major piece of offense the entire game.

Edited by casey3927

[center]The Harmless Harbringer - News from the MHA heartlands
Issue #3 - The lazy and unfinished edition (normality to be restored when my final exam (21st) is over)
[/center]

[spoiler]

From that alliance that brings you Don’t Panic[right]18/12/10[/right]

[center][size="7"][b]Harmless[color="#00BFFF"]Harbinger[/color][/b][/size][/center]

IN SHORT
The Diary of a legion commander - Before the destructor fleets we had legions, read their story page 7
TRIDENT 2.0 – Is NATO thinking about coming back to aqua? page 8
The Harmless Harbinger, incorrectly named since the GWIII budget shift stopped our time machine research. Talk about a short sighted government eh?

OTHER NEWS
MATCHFIXING – Yesterday fresh allegations of match fixing in the Umbrella-O’Samurai fixture were brought to light. FIcFA have told the public that “this is a preposterous slur upon the integrity of thi- full story on page 5
[center]---[/center]
XXX spears the Christians, while Red Star and Mexica tase defeat.

The three other games last night aside from the main event fixture n group E were dry affairs. The winning 4 teams of group E and F scoring a single goal each.
Continued page 2

[i]ALL ABOUT THE BIG BOB WE LIVE IN[/i][right][i]World Cup Issue #3[/i][/right]

[center][size="6"][color="#00BFFF"][b]The answer to life the universe and defeat[/b][/color][/size][/center]

FAN REPORT - Ever since F.C. Hitchikernazionale Milano qualified for this world cup the passion and love for the beautiful game has blossomed. A minnow in the pitch this was the first time that we would be entering the international stage of the worlds favourite sport. Kids were not playing out side and the streets in the capital of Marvingrad were empty. The whole nations anticipation for this match had reached fever pitch. And with the fridge stocked up with pan galactic gargle blasters we sat down as country, over 567 million of us (figures from the Harmless Broadcasting Company) watching our country do battle on the pitch for the first time.

I was lucky enough to get prime seat among my fellow Nerazzurri, nicknamed of course for the beautiful black and blues stripes in which we play in. The turnout was something to behold as the Hitchhiker Milan side of the stadium was fully packed with screaming and cheering fans just happy to be there. It was a breathtaking site to see such a new footballing nation fill the entire triple tiered NAAC memorial stadium. I myself was sitting near to our rival fans, our nemesis if you will. But our mostly harmless upbringing ensure we were all here to simply enjoy the game. And I was happy to see my comrades signing the Atletico Nemesis anthem with as much gusto as their own songs like, “So long and thanks for all the fish” and “Amala, Pazza Hitchiker, Amala.” With the forces lining up and kick off seconds away I settled in for to watch. Unlike my other reports where I attempted be clinical and unbiased in my analysis of the players and teams it was here that this part of my brain shut off and became one with the roiling black and blue striped masses.

It was a hitchhiker kickoff with the team playing in a 4-3-2-1 with Athletico taking on what seemed to be a 4-4-2 diamond. One has to wonder why the manager’s usual tactics of playing a 4-2-3-1 were not heeded. Possibly a little mix up in the rooms of power by the FIcFA officials? But regardless the match started with Hitchhiker Milan firing on all cylinders with some great short passes early on the in game by the midfielders. Ralfie was able to play a decent cross low to the ground from the left wing but toffee was unable to get their fast enough leading to an early corner. Scorpio was able to hit in a decent corner but the ball was soon going down the pitch in the wrong direction. A good tackle by Gunther quickly stopped the Nemesis assault. A good run from Caesar123 and some great short passes between him and Azrael Alexander lead to some beautiful skill by the #7 but he was unlucky not to break through the defence. But all was not in vain as IYIyTh proved his worth by forcing the ball all the way back to KWilliams the Nemesis keeper. Caesar123 undaunted was once again quick on the attack, this game was very one sided with Athletico not even getting a look in. Desperation seemed to strike at them with Captain Ian deciding to whack the ball away form the Nemeis half to give them some respite from the dogged attacking hitchhikers. But safe hands MHA #1 the King had it covered scooping the ball up with ease. This is where the game took a turn or the worse with Caesar123 being manhandled off the ball, with the team demanding a booking from the ref they had to make do with the freekick. But we hitchhiker don’t do dirty tactics and scorpios inventive dink over the wall of white players had promise but was headed away by Edison Franklin. Disaster struck with as nemesis struck down the left hand flank leading to a Crazy Crazy goal in the 42nd minute. It seemed the unbalanced distribution of experience and sheer luck was on the White team’s side. All around me the fans fell silent but a goals a goals and we slapped those Nemsis fans on the back, laughing “were going to win 2-1 just you wait”

The second half began with us a goal down and Nemesis quickly on the attack. However the cross was easily headed away by the charismatic midfielder scorpio well known human rights activist in the motherlands. The MHA defence as whole proved it worth not giving into the probing Athletio attacks, with Snagglepuss providing a stellar performance. As a corner ensued unpronounced was substituted for Scutterbug. A great passing flurry between the point man Caesar123 and ralfie allowed a golden opportunity for Azrael Alexander to score who was unlucky to hit it wide denying the hitchhiker faithful and equaliser. And so the match ended in an undeserved 1-0 defeat but still we celebrated long into the night with the tournament favourites. I mean you bring a pan galactic gargle blaster to match regardless of the outcome you’ll be downing it soon enough. From the faithful in the NAAC memorial stadium I can tell you simply look forward to taking the lessons learned form this match and apply it to the upcoming duel with MXCA.

[center][size="6"][color="#0000FF"][b]Shameful, Shameful. It’s f*&$ing shameful[/b][/color][/size][/center]

While I’m sure the Harmless Harbringer will be running a front page about how unlucky we were to lose, no doubt they will be harping on about the experience Nemesis had and that we did well and have to learn from this defeat. But unlike their reporters swanning about in the amazing multimillion pound stadiums and staying in the swankiest hotels. I have been on the ground talking to the grassroots of football in this country. I hit the streets to see what they though about the match. The headline itself comes from a hitchhiker in the upper echelons the national football association let’s just say his name rhymes with bugby. He elaborated by telling me that while the country may be duped into major optimism by national publication like don’t panic and HH they have made the country expect too much.
“We have a mediocre team with dreams of grandeur. Player-Manager Azrael Alexander is in experienced and does not know what he is doing. We in the FA believe that he should step own an allow either Unpronounced one of the few players who stepped up to the plate in yesterdays game or CraftJ2 take the reins. Other wise we will only see more disappointment.”
The calls for change within the squad as well as anger directed towards certain players has led to death threats being made to some of the players families. Sarah mother of two and husband for Scorpio told us of the numerous frightening phone calls made to her house near the The Harmless Assebly on the centre of Marvingrad.
“They said if he (scorpio) ever took another free kick again they would come and rape me and my younger daughter.”
Marvinpolitan Police have arrested 4 men with regards to these calls. But does this not show we have lost our mind. It is only a game and it sickens me that people are so obsessed with this rather than the true ills on our society. Maybe instead of cracking down on football hooligans in centre of harmlipool we should turn our attention to the numerous tax evaders who take advantage of states social programmes. These national ghosts are a bigger worry to me than a stupid football game. And it is just that, watching it even my youngest son asked me why midfielder IYIyTh was trying to score in the back of his own net.

Hitchhiker get over yourselves we will never win the world cup, and we should stop trying. While some upstarts like the Verde e Brancos have had some success it has been fleeting. We know that FIcFA is corrupt and I guarantee you the old powers of O’Samurai, Umbrella and Tigris are the only ones capable of winning. Having been round the country I can tell you that this prevalent optimism unless it disappears soon will lead to many bitter tears in our next match against Athletico Mexica.

[center]Join the MHA Christmas and New Years Celebrations! – www.mostlyharmlessalliance.com
A Ministry of Bad Poetry Publication

Vote Count Rupert of DuchyofGrandFenwick for Aqua Team Senate![/center]

World Cup Tables[/spoiler]