Backroom Extortion is Back

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289254746' post='2506580']
Yes, we would very likely pay the GOONS to help them with the damage suffered. You wouldn't see us claim that the guy isn't a member, or wasn't a member, or was a ghost, or was a masked ghost, or finally that our former Emperor has no idea what he's talking about, and the same goes for two of our highest ranked government officials, etc.

In this particular situation, giving the boot to a guy with 130 levels of infrastructure was the easiest solution and, quite frankly, a way to avoid facing responsibilitiy (as a collective) by abandoning one individual.

We didn't feel like it was a good solution and refused it. They could have bargained on what we asked, they didn't. Instead, we had to hear about RV's principles and now see him make a fuss about it.

Which is amusing, really, because it's almost as if they willingly accepted it only because they knew it was high enough for them to play the outrage card. They could have lowered it, they could have negotiated. They didn't. That's all there is to it.
[/quote]
'Was a poor example, because you're allied to GOONS. Same scenario, except they rogue on NSO. Is NSO going to get reps from MK?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289274412' post='2507172']
Okay, for the moment, let's just pretend that the claim that we've ~become the monster~ and we're just as bad as you guys when you were in power isn't a blatant falsehood. If it's correct, why should anyone care when the alternative to us is a reversion back to the old hegemony, which is apparently just the same? What's the impetus for change?

Just curious on how anyone still thinks claiming 'you're the same as us!' is a good strategy.
[/quote]
You're not the same. IMO, you're worse. Because unlike NPO and friends, you lie through your teeth about it.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1289272344' post='2507098']
Anti-Pacifican diatribes? Where? People are comparing MK to NPO, I stated the reaction that this thread would get if someone made it about NPO back when they were in power, and then you decided, rather than trying to disprove what I said, to tell me to go join MK. :v:

Don't think I missed your attempt to kiss ODN's arse now that you think we could actually be useful to you. It's the same with STA's recent change of viewpoint towards us. Quite a difference from your posts on how optional we were, just a month or two ago!
[/quote]
A quick look through your post history will show you your anti-Pacifican diatribes. And no, people aren't comparing MK to NPO. It was mentioned a couple of times in the preceding 30 pages, as often as not by MK members. You took that as your opportunity to come in and start ranting about baseless scenarios of us rolling people for speaking against us and then installing viceroys. You offered nothing to back up your claims, which makes it kind of hard to disprove.

I really don't care enough about ODN to kiss their ass, and if you think we're somehow trying to engineer us being on the same side you're delusional. And yes, I have spoken unfavourably about ODN in the past, though not that recently. You have some impressive people in your leadership group, who have managed to shift my perception, though you and some of your peers manage to hinder that change pretty well. But as I said before, and you well know, this thread isn't about NPO or ODN, so you should probably start a new thread if you wish to continue debating this stuff.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289274604' post='2507178']
You're not the same. IMO, you're worse. Because unlike NPO and friends, you lie through your teeth about it.
[/quote]
You do realise your side did exactly what you just accused us of, right? They never came out with "we're the bad guys, deal with it". In fact, the exact opposite was true; their actions were always dressed up in 'morality', 'community standards', 'threats to colour spheres and the cyberverse', and so on.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289274211' post='2507167']
If you're fine with it, why all the complaining? Why not get down from the cross? I believe that's mhawk's territory, anyway.[/quote] What cross? Youll need to point it out to me. From where Im standing the one who was trying to nail us to something was you lot.

[quote]
I'll let you in on a secret. Posting a whole load of incomprohensible drivel that no one understands does not make you clever or gifted, it just makes you an idiot.
[/quote]
Yes...Youre so close now. Just a little further and you should be able to get it. It must be like looking into a mirror for you.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289274604' post='2507178']
[/quote]

Oh this is hilarious. WHen was it you bumped your head again, honey?

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289274968' post='2507190']
You do realise your side did exactly what you just accused us of, right? They never came out with "we're the bad guys, deal with it". In fact, the exact opposite was true; their actions were always dressed up in 'morality', 'community standards', 'threats to colour spheres and the cyberverse', and so on.
[/quote]

So we can take this as your admission of being 'the bad guys' ?

I find it quite interesting that a topic like this requires so much discussion when it is simply a larger alliance demanding money/tech, for a common occurrence, from an alliance who did not have control over the issue, in the sense that they could not have corrected the nation not following through with the deal. Instead NSO is forced to pay these reparations (or what ever you would like to call them) for someone whom they would have gladly relinquished protection of in order to be raided ,as these issues are most often solved with.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289275374' post='2507197']
How about NSO just doesn't pay and we see what happens?
[/quote]

Because then NSO will be breaking their agreement to pay their extortioners and that would just be unacceptable.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1289274475' post='2507173']
It entertains the peanut gallery, it also allows the pillars of intellect to come out and shine, its like a red carpet affair all the regulars are here in thier finest.

I find it very interesting though that you would suggest war, why would the NSO dictate the situation to play into MK stregnth, waging war? They are in their element, they excel at this type of discourse and its working for them this time, thats hardly "nothing".
[/quote]

Ok let me fix that, it dosent do anything for me which is a problem because obviously I am the most important thing in this place so everything has to be done to benefit me.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289275717' post='2507211']
It is what I have been advocating all day.
[/quote]
Here's hoping you win out :)

[quote name='karthikking' timestamp='1289275778' post='2507215']
[img]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/karthik_king/ErrorMessage.png[/img]
[/quote]
I know you're incredibly eager to show this off everywhere, but you could have at least got it right. It's "pay up or blow up".

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289275890' post='2507220']
Here's hoping you win out :)

I know you're incredibly eager to show this off everywhere, but you could have at least got it right. It's "pay up or blow up".
[/quote]

I have another one for that. I prefer this one.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289226774' post='2506069']
The economic damage from the scam is much more significant than 3m, especially if the nations who lost the trades have to collect without finding a suitable replacement. Also wasn't Lord Revan lower gov? I distinctly remember dealing with him about a ghost issue.
[/quote]
Doesn't matter. He was offered 3m, the amount should be 3m paid in cash or tech. It sucks, but no need to extort more merely because an idiot decided to scam. Go after the individual.

I must have missed it. At what point did anyone from MK threaten to attack NSO if it didn't pay the restitution? Surely it must be in there somewhere. I am embarrassed to say that I read the whole log. I didn't see anything in there to the effect of "if you don't agree to these terms we attack you."

Nice stunt, BTW. There's never a shortage of drama queenery with NSO.