Backroom Extortion is Back

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1289510571' post='2510624']
I'm sorry to cut corners here but instead of having to scour this entire thread for the answer, could someone tell me how this aid thief of sorts being kicked from NSO after his transgressions is any different than, hypothetically, an NSO member going rogue on MK and subsequently being removed? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the situation and why it warrants such a demand of reparations from the NSO when really, this isn't anything new.
[/quote]
It seems you are using logical thought, just to spoil entire thing MK and friends said about everything the opposite you just said.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1289510571' post='2510624']
I'm sorry to cut corners here but instead of having to scour this entire thread for the answer, could someone tell me how this aid thief of sorts being kicked from NSO after his transgressions is any different than, hypothetically, an NSO member going rogue on MK and subsequently being removed? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the situation and why it warrants such a demand of reparations from the NSO when really, this isn't anything new.
[/quote]
Didn't FOK fork over reps to the SOS Brigade when one of their members went rogue on SOS? I'm fairly sure that asking for reparations to pay for damages as a result of rogue activity isn't anything new.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1289537752' post='2510955']
Didn't FOK fork over reps to the SOS Brigade when one of their members went rogue on SOS? I'm fairly sure that asking for reparations to pay for damages as a result of rogue activity isn't anything new.
[/quote]
I think it was common that when some member of an alliance go rogue while still a member wearing the AA, that the alliance usually pay reps or deal with their member themselves.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1289537752' post='2510955']
[/quote]
I'm sure it's not unheard of but a rogue action, regardless of the exact action, is usually considered, well, a rogue action. As in not being sanctioned by their alliance and therefore usually absolving the alliance of having to pay for damages caused by the rogue. I'd venture to say that the majority of rogue actions are not handled the way these ones were. Certainly none of the ones I've been privy to have been.

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' timestamp='1289565896' post='2511101']
I think it was common that when some member of an alliance go rogue while still a member wearing the AA, that the alliance usually pay reps or deal with their member themselves.
[/quote]

To be honest, every rogue situation I have seen has been handled differently. There isn't one real consensus on that at all. It really depends on the alliances and individuals involved.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1289237884' post='2506245']
As one of the members of said trade circle that was affected, I'm waving any compensation I was to receive from NSO. I'd like to personally thank Yevgeni and MK for all the help in trying to replace a member of our trade circle but I personally don't feel I deserve any money from this and personally wouldn't pay back anything more than what the member received if he were actually part of my alliance. There's no hate on MK here, they run their alliance their way and I run mine my own way. Que Sera Sera.

Regardless, I'm disappointed NSO actually agreed to these terms. I remember when they had some more fortitude.
[/quote]

*Applauds*

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1289347376' post='2508674']
snip
[/quote]

When nowedge extorted us out of 1100 tech for pretty much nothing did we come crying foul here trying to give you as much negative PR as we could. If you're gonna say we didn't have the courage think why first.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1289674432' post='2511952']
When nowedge extorted us out of 1100 tech for pretty much nothing did we come crying foul here trying to give you as much negative PR as we could. If you're gonna say we didn't have the courage think why first.
[/quote]

No you did not. Why? I know the reason.

Because you were afraid(and most likely rightly so) that if you did noWedge would have gotten you rolled.

Once the threat of that was gone you have cried foul many many times over the past wrongs done to you all, including that one above.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1289798370' post='2513382']
No you did not. Why? I know the reason.

Because you were afraid(and most likely rightly so) that if you did noWedge would have gotten you rolled.

Once the threat of that was gone you have cried foul many many times over the past wrongs done to you all, including that one above.
[/quote]

So, basically, we're better losers [b]and[/b] winners than you? Is that the message you were trying to convey?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1289814192' post='2513474']
So, basically, we're better losers [b]and[/b] winners than you? Is that the message you were trying to convey?
[/quote]

Where did I ever compare you to 'myself'?

Unless you trying to infer 'you' as in the hegemony? If thats the case all it means is you were better at whining indeed. Not only better but first to whine and complain about injustices on bob in the past and now roll along in a rut of deepest hypocricy that in your own long past words was laid down by an 'evil' and 'oppressive' regime.

So yes by all means, crow to the world your triumphs and ingenuity...