Backroom Extortion is Back

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289277302' post='2507276']
say what? we'll kill NSO if they don't pay up? does that mean you're going to [b]Do Something About It[/b] or what
[/quote]

Yes, but at this point you've essentially already said it albeit "without anyone actually saying anything for certain"

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94443&view=findpost&p=2506993

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289277088' post='2507269']
Really? That's the best you can do?

How many times do random nobodies like yourself have to go through this lame routine?

Yes, I am irrelevant. That is why you and people like you go out of your way anytime I bother to show up to point it out, because I am completely irrelevant. Makes perfect sense.

Please, continue.
[/quote]

I resent that, simply because someone is irrelevant does not make them a nobody, this term refers to members of Organization XIII..

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1289262989' post='2506807']
NSO trying to cut a member and letting them get rolled is not reasonable. Making NSO man up to its members is about the only good response you can give.
[/quote]

Interesting to see you come out and post, LS.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289264499' post='2506855']
The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Now since you can't take justice for past crimes out against the NPO, you are projecting them on to NSO.

Hey look, you found a way to make this thread about the NPO! It is like Godwins Law of CN. Eventually every thread becomes about the NPO.
[/quote]

Ooh, ooh, I'm here now, Airme! What evil have we done here that I must right?

Kalasin: I strongly recommend joining an alliance that doesn't blanch as much as ODN must be every time you talk.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1289277161' post='2507274']
How about you make it easy for me and say it explicitly next time. Say it a few times just for good measure..

Ok..
[/quote]
Why would we explicitly say something we didn't mean just for you?

Really? That's the best you can do?

How many times do random nobodies like yourself have to go through this lame routine?

Yes, I am irrelevant. That is why you and people like you go out of your way anytime I bother to show up to point it out, because I am completely irrelevant. Makes perfect sense.

Please, continue.
[/quote]
i'm sorry, but if you look at the recent entries into this here discussion, you'll notice i am down-talking to many-a-nobody. you're including in this. it just so happens that my responses to you can be about you trying to appear as if you are something more than you are, because ... well, that's what washed up people do! don't feel special, i promise that you fell off the face of the planet a long, long time ago and people like me are here to remind you.
[img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/174/trollface.png[/img]

Edited by o ya baby

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1289277723' post='2507289']
Why would we explicitly say something we didn't mean just for you?
[/quote]

I thought it was obvious, but I wasn't serious.

The point was that things are rarely spelled out explicitly as oh ya baby believes is necessary to draw a conclusion.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94443&view=findpost&p=2507247

^or maybe he was being sarcastic, I don't know....[i]who cares[/i]

Edited by SpoiL

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289277836' post='2507293']
i'm sorry, but if you look at the recent entries into this here discussion, you'll notice i am down-talking to many-a-nobody. you're including in this. it just so happens that my responses to you can be about you trying to appear as if you are something more than you are not, because ... well, that's what washed up people do! don't feel special, i promise that you fell off the face of the planet a long, long time ago and people like me are here to remind you. [img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/174/trollface.png[/img]
[/quote]
Like I said, see my post immediately before yours.

You really are bad at this.

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289277461' post='2507282']
did you even read the thread? come on skipper, the OP states that the nation in question was sent money for the habour and was supposed to trade with them for a certain amount of time, but instead dropped the trade after receiving the aid. can you even read or do you just like watching yourself talk
[/quote]

He was sent $3M.

Now MK expects to receive $15M and 250 tech.

Those numbers are significantly different.

If your math is so bad that you can't tell the difference, then you shouldn't be talking to me about my ability to read, you should be taking math in elementary school.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1289277983' post='2507296']
If your math is so bad that you can't tell the difference, then you shouldn't be talking to me about my ability to read, you should be taking math in elementary school.
[/quote]

Oh, it isn't about mathematics. For MK, an ability to "read" is synonymous with blindly accepting their ridiculous arguments that the disparity in numbers is not MK's fault for demanding them, but NSO's fault for accepting them.

well, i don't actually care about the amount to be paid. i actually don't care about any of this. i just think it's funny that the drama queens at NSO made a big bad thread because one of their "ghosts" did this and this, but he was magically masked as a member blah blah. come on guys, you can do better th--- wait... no you can't.

carry on lol

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289278030' post='2507298']
you're acknowledging it, so obviously i am doing something right. :smug:

psssst. here is where you're supposed to ignore everything i say so my point doesn't stand.
[/quote]
Actually, no. You have that backwards.

Let me explain it to you since you seem to have some difficulty with normal debate discourse.

1. I comment on a thread, just stating my opinion as a regular member of one of the involved alliances.
2. Random person #1 pops up and says something to the effect of "It's Ivan Moldavi - you are irrelevant."
3. I point out that even stating something like this belies the error of the juxtaposition simply because if it were true it wouldn't ever need to be said.

And so forth. This happens several times until someone like you can't get the hint and has to be told. Check around, this happens regularly when I post.

And yet, for some odd reason when I start posting views on threads jump and post times increase and debate and banter increases almost without fail in every circumstance.

People that hate my guts on an IC level comment on how it is good to see my postings and how they are glad I am still around.

And people that only want to be one of "those guys" that gets a zinger in on Ivan Moldavi post drivel like yours.

But sure, I am irrelevant. I don't come here claiming to be relevant or claiming any authority or power. I just come and I post. But feel free to continue to point out my irrelevancy.

The bottom line is, I bring the show. I know it because I have always been one of the best at it, even when I don't have the guns. Just because you and those like you will never have it you think you can perhaps gain something of my collective charisma and "shine" by being one of "those guys".

Good job.

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289278321' post='2507303']
well, i don't actually care about the amount to be paid. i actually don't care about any of this. i just think it's funny that the drama queens at NSO made a big bad thread because one of their "ghosts" did this and this, but he was magically masked as a member blah blah. come on guys, you can do better th--- wait... no you can't.

carry on lol
[/quote]

I'd think you'd care about this in that it says something pretty profound about the state of the government of the Mushroom Kingdom. This situation is easily resolvable and it's within their power to resolve it. They just have to decide if the negative PR is worth the 15M that was never really rightfully theirs to demand (or "negotiate"). That they have not resolved it speaks volumes either of their current view of the world or the effectiveness and makeup of their government.

[edit for typos]

Edited by Cortath

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1289278444' post='2507305']
I'd think you'd care about this in that it says something pretty profound about the state of the government of the Mushroom Kingdom. This situation is easily resolvable and it's within their power to resolve it. They just have to decide if the negative PR is worth the 15M that was never really rightfully theirs to demand (or "negotiate"). That they have not resolved it speaks volumes either of their current view of the world or the effectiveness and makeup of their government.

[edit for typos]
[/quote]
Well, from what the Emperor of the NSO said just a little while ago, MK has been paid in full with $3mil and 50 tech. So I guess the government of MK has decided that is sufficient.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289278570' post='2507306']
Well, from what the Emperor of the NSO said just a little while ago, MK has been paid in full with $3mil and 50 tech. So I guess the government of MK has decided that is sufficient.
[/quote]

By "paid in full" then does that mean MK wants nothing more?

I think my point still stands: if that's the case, that members of the Mushroom Kingdom see fit to spend time justifying money that their government no longer wants speaks quite a bit as how many of them view their place in the world.

Edited by Cortath

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289278413' post='2507304']

Let me explain it to you since you seem to have some difficulty with normal debate discourse.

1. I comment on a thread, just stating my opinion as a regular member of one of the involved alliances.
2. Random person #1 pops up and says something to the effect of "It's Ivan Moldavi - you are irrelevant."
3. I point out that even stating something like this belies the error of the juxtaposition simply because if it were true it wouldn't ever need to be said.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Also, could the nations in question not simply have gotten a temp to collect with? It's not exactly difficult if you care that much about collecting without trades. Especially on Aqua. I'd imagine being in MK makes it even easier, in fact.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289278413' post='2507304']

And so forth. This happens several times until someone like you can't get the hint and has to be told. Check around, this happens regularly when I post.

And yet, for some odd reason when I start posting views on threads jump and post times increase and debate and banter increases almost without fail in every circumstance.

People that hate my guts on an IC level comment on how it is good to see my postings and how they are glad I am still around.

And people that only want to be one of "those guys" that gets a zinger in on Ivan Moldavi post drivel like yours.

But sure, I am irrelevant. I don't come here claiming to be relevant or claiming any authority or power. I just come and I post. But feel free to continue to point out my irrelevancy.

The bottom line is, I bring the show. I know it because I have always been one of the best at it, even when I don't have the guns. Just because you and those like you will never have it you think you can perhaps gain something of my collective charisma and "shine" by being one of "those guys".

Good job.
[/quote]
that's where you're wrong. you don't come in stating your opinion as a "member of that alliance", you come in with that condescending tone of "I AM IVAN MOLDAVI AND I MATTER!!!"

i mean, if everyone who doesn't have their nose where the sun don't shine says it, hey, maybe there's some truth behind it. you don't matter brah! trust me, you aren't the only person in the world i've ever told this to, and trust me, you are no different than anyone else. you're still irrelevant. sry.

lmfao, oh yes, i don't have this MAGICAL IT that you have on my posts. dangit, if only i was as cool and zingy as you are. Zesty Italian Dressing is what you are man.

you sure do bring the show. you come in your minivans, convertables, station wagons, whatever is hip to roll in and you sure do lay it down like it IS... because that's who you are. the SHOW STEALER.

lmfao dude get over yourself this is actually pathetic

Edited by o ya baby

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1289278834' post='2507314']
Also, could the nations in question not simply have gotten a temp to collect with? It's not exactly difficult if you care that much about collecting without trades. Especially on Aqua. I'd imagine being in MK makes it even easier, in fact.
[/quote]
I think I know where you are trying to go with your quote but taking a response and fitting it into the equation is a logical fallacy since the equation mandates the irrelevant comment as the primary statement, not a responsive act. Good try though.

Also, you should know better. There is a difference between well thought out political debate, which you and I have shared, and the useless drivel that I am commenting on in that post.

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289278894' post='2507316']
that's where you're wrong. you don't come in stating your opinion as a "member of that alliance", you come in with that condescending tone of "I AM IVAN MOLDAVI AND I MATTER!!!"

i mean, if everyone who doesn't have their nose where the sun don't shine says it, hey, maybe there's some truth behind it. you don't matter brah! trust me, you aren't the only person in the world i've ever told this to, and trust me, you are no different than anyone else. you're still irrelevant. sry.

lmfao, oh yes, i don't have this MAGICAL IT that you have on my posts. dangit, if only i was as cool and zingy as you are. Zesty Italian Dressing is what you are man.

you sure do bring the show. you come in your minivans, convertables, station wagons, whatever is hip to roll in and you sure do lay it down like it IS... because that's who you are. the SHOW STEALER.

lmfao dude get over yourself this is actually pathetic
[/quote]
Really? Please point out at any point prior to someone attacking me personally and directly where I demanded any sort of "recognition" or made any sort of claim to relevance or authority.

You can't. Which invalidates the rest of your post.

And you are correct, it is actually pathetic. Perhaps you could have someone assist you in editing your posts before you put them up? I am embarrassed for you.

I got like...23 pages in and couldn't deal with anymore, went to back channels, and suddenly found progress.

A statement from the Kingdom is forthcoming.

OOC: Developing carpal tunnel is painful. Might be slow to write. Patience, s'il vous plait.

[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289276555' post='2507247']
i'm still not seeing where it directly says "pay up or we'll kill you"

i mean, you're pretty good at making things up and assuming, but i don't think it's appropriate for you to just go ahead and jump to conclusions without anyone actually saying anything for certain! it's just not fair to the fair people of the kingdom!
[/quote]

Yes, because when someone points a gun at you and demands "gimme your wallet" you have no real reason to suspect that you saying "no" or fighting back will result in you being shot? Afterall, they never said "gimme your wallet or I'll shoot you", they just pointed the gun and asked for the wallet. So, you can hardly claim that the gun was a factor in your decision to hand over your wallet because no one said they's use it, right? O...k....then

I just wonder why would this thread go over 20 pages now. It was clearly an extortion and yet, no surprise, They're MK.
I'm just waiting to see a member of MK go rogue or something and then see what happens.

Poor show MK, as always.

@NSO: Should the need for not paying the reps arise just count me in for the MK #@&%