Backroom Extortion is Back

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289243414' post='2506350']
Either do something about how we're "evil overlords" and stop posturing on the boards or just deal with it.
[/quote]

This is pretty funny coming from an alliance that knows if you say it enough, it [i]will[/i] happen.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1289243628' post='2506357']
It's funny this.

I seem to recall that NSO was very unreasonable with RoK. I.e.

-Hoo says "do this and we will go to war"
NSO did it.

That's rather unreasonable, and I applaud MK for treating NSO with the contempt they deserve, and showing that NSO isnt controlling planet bob with strings.
[/quote]

You know your doing it wrong when PC is rooting for you.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1289243628' post='2506357']
It's funny this.

I seem to recall that NSO was very unreasonable with RoK. I.e.

-Hoo says "do this and we will go to war"
NSO did it.

That's rather unreasonable, and I applaud MK for treating NSO with the contempt they deserve, and showing that NSO isnt controlling planet bob with strings.
[/quote]

I was more than willing to be reasonable about the whole situation but when I looked into it by the rules we set up as an alliance (which is our sovereign right as an alliance) that he was not a member and MK says "We don't care" I would think all discussion of the incident becomes useless since the other side does not want to listen.

This is such a crock of @#$%.The relevant information is that some idiot stole $3 million and rode NSO's AA. NSO disavowed the 'member' offered to let MK destroy him, or destroy him themselves AND pay the $3 million he was given. At that point, this should be over. The fact that it went beyond there is entirely predicated on extortion and/or an attempt to bait NSO. I appreciate them having the fortitude to not rise to the bait, despite the fact that it is repugnant on principle.

Cheers to my allies.

[quote]He missed three check ins and therefore was to have his mask removed. Somewhere along the line that failed to happen. But that's more or less the case. So although he was technically still a member, as I acknowledged earlier, he was not considered to be one for all intents and purposes. Anyone with a reasonable head would be capable of seeing that, but reason and understanding have little do here.[/quote]

Pretty much the answer I was looking for. Didn't realize you were so strict on that policy, I've heard of alliances demoting people to some lower rank of member with limited access and no access to growth programs or war aid, but removal from the alliance seems a pretty steep penalty. I wonder how many other ghosts you currently have masked due to similar clerical errors with regard to this procedure. I expect this will prompt you to go through and audit your alliance, to make sure you don't have so many troublesome ghosts around.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289243924' post='2506366']
Actions speak louder than words.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Wishes don't come true overnight.[/color]

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289244023' post='2506371']
Pretty much the answer I was looking for. Didn't realize you were so strict on that policy, I've heard of alliances demoting people to some lower rank of member with limited access and no access to growth programs or war aid, but removal from the alliance seems a pretty steep penalty. I wonder how many other ghosts you currently have masked due to similar clerical errors with regard to this procedure. I expect this will prompt you to go through and audit your alliance, to make sure you don't have so many troublesome ghosts around.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]We'll be doing just that. Had we been aware of his status as being masked he'd have been removed, but we had no idea he was masked let alone existing. He wasn't a particularly memorable member (up until today that is).[/color]

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289242830' post='2506341']
This "CB" is the one MK had to shelve for the Halloween rolling of The Legion. Its not hard to plant this "CB" on another alliance MK dont like.

It is a set up.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This is just as ridiculous as Sardonic's little conspiracy theory. Also, to whomever said PB would not back Umbrella and GOONS (in Doomhouse), you are exceptionally naive.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289244106' post='2506373']
Because I was the one who came up with the amount.
[/quote]
You dont need to come up with the figure to know how it was [s]reached[/s] arrived at.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1289244139' post='2506375']
Color me unsurprised, anyone whos been mildly paying attention saw MK's flexing of power coming

pretty shameful considering how bad NPO hit them with terms not 2 years ago

@VE: u mad?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not the least bit surprised, but if this serves a pitcher of cold water to anyone still in denial, well, mission accomplished.[/color]

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1289243014' post='2506344']
[b]I really hate to agree with RV but [/b]this does classify as extortion. IT'S A DAMN TRADE CIRCLE.
[/quote]

Why would you hate to agree with someone if they're right? This kind of statement should call into question the sincerity of everything you've ever said. If you are reluctant to agree with someone because of the side they are on then you have a serious problem with intellectual honesty.

But at least you came down on the right side this time. Can't be said for all the other posters in this thread. You know this is extortion, you know this is symptomatic of the delusions of power, and yet you're still arguing that it isn't. Every post you make you make fools of yourselves with your hopelessly strained logic.

Stop the kneejerk defense of your friends, cowards, and have some damn integrity.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289244321' post='2506382']
Why would you hate to agree with someone if they're right? This kind of statement should call into question the sincerity of everything you've ever said. If you are reluctant to agree with someone because of the side they are on then you have a serious problem with intellectual honesty.

But at least you came down on the right side this time. Can't be said for all the other posters in this thread. You know this is extortion, you know this is symptomatic of the delusions of power, and yet you're still arguing that it isn't. Every post you make you make fools of yourselves with your hopelessly strained logic.

Stop the kneejerk defense of your friends, cowards, and have some damn integrity.
[/quote]

RV tends to be about as nutty as a bag of peanuts most of the time. And he will admit to that as well. This time though, he is not nutty, he is spot on if be a little over-reactionary.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289240355' post='2506288']
We [b]paid this guy[/b] to perform a service. Its the same thing as a tech deal. If we pay a tech seller in another alliance 3mil for 100 tech and that seller takes our money and is from what we can see by forum status and in game AA part of that alliance, we are gonna come knocking on that alliances door for our tech/money and they are going to be responsible Just as we would be if someone did that in our AA.
[/quote]

bolded part is key. ya'll did not pay NSO, but instead paid a single nation. one that was handed over to you basically. and instead of extracting payment from the actual receiver, ya'll extorted NSO. You could have asked for the 3m back but instead went straight to the extortion amount.

it seems like we should not do tech deals with MK since if a nation fails to pay the 100 tech, what should we expect in return? MK to come knocking at our door asking for 750 tech? that is the equivalent you asked for.

honestly, i hope every alliance not allied to MK takes notice of this 750% increase in value and stops trading or tech dealing with MK. we will see how this idiotic policy of yours is handled in the future.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289243924' post='2506366']
Actions speak louder than words.
[/quote]
That's "acta non verba" for Voytek.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289244321' post='2506382']
[/quote]
Preach it! If "moralist" means objective standards, then get me my cape.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289244023' post='2506371']
[/quote]

As we speak this is what we are doing. Our Internal Affairs Master (who is in charge of such things) dissappeared back in October and the Council has somewhat been AWOL since then. We are working to fix such issues and get it back on track. And there is a warning system that nations are notified if they miss 1 and 2 sign ins so they are not caught unaware and there is a leave of absence thread should a nation ruler be needed elsewhere.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1289244662' post='2506393']
Well, are you?

:P
[/quote]

No, and I can't think of why we would be or where the hell that even came from. Rather random line of text he through in there :x

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1289244544' post='2506387']
What? Where did that come from?
[/quote]

Look about 10 pages back you will see the MK lap dog crew begin to show up that is where it comes from good sir.