Announcements from the SOS Brigade

Arrnea

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288448529' post='2497247']
1. Why can't all you anime people stick to one name (your name here) and be done with it? It's incredibly difficult to discern who is who based on all the gibberish names containing copious amounts of vowels. One of the keys to making logdumps like this effective is that people should be able to get the point just by reading it. Your little anime clique may get the who's who here but I'm (and I'm sure lots of other people here) totally lost on who all of these Japanese names actually are. At the very least, you should provide a key in the OP so people can connect the individuals to their nations and rulers.
[/quote]

This so many times over. While it may be cute or stylish to you guys, it's really annoying for everyone else.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1288468147' post='2497443']
This so many times over. While it may be cute or stylish to you guys, it's really annoying for everyone else.
[/quote]
+1. It's confusing enough with Haloween going on, but having all these people have pictures of the exact same looking girl but with different colored hair is a little bit of a stretch to me.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288460732' post='2497367']
Wow, that's actually not half bad for a tl;dr. It does miss a lot of the nuance and reasoning of the story and misses the fact that many people were aware of Michaeru lying to the alliance and did not reveal this, but otherwise pretty accurate.
[/quote]

Well I figured Tetris was the main one and I didn't feel like making a list, so I guess we can file it down to being a tl;dr

edit@tetrisguy: just summing up the OP is all

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1288464466' post='2497410']
The Skype logs seem to be incriminating. Problem is... they aren't presented here.

If NsO wants to be completely cleared, they could provide them and show that nothing of substance is in them.
[/quote]

problem is the Skype logs never existed. It was a couple of people saying the word Coup was mentioned on Skype. that was it. no context, nothing. Even Arrnea admits that despite later on claiming that the conversation on Skype was all about a coup. there has never been any evidence at all.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1288467268' post='2497432']
I keep seeing this and nothing against you TBB, just need to voice this. Now, I know nobody can see into the future but these fellows made it hard to unseat Arrnea in the first place months ago and it also begs the question, since when did 43.33% become a majority and when did 43.33% become 80% which is the requirement per the charter [b]that Elrich von Richt, Katsumi, Diablofan and Arynar Ventys all approved and wrote back when they were in power[/b] in March~April 2010. It's not really adding up. With 13 votes (43.33%) on the yes to impeach, 12 votes (40.00%) not to impeach and 5 (16.67%) abstaining. It's only natural that a splinter would occur and if the coup and impeachment did succeed, its likely those 12 and probably some of those abstains would form their own splinter. We'd still have the same situation either way really.
[/quote]

you do realize that 43.33% is a majority when the other percentages are 40% and 16.67%. thus, the majority of those who voted, voted to impeach.

as for if the impeachment (again, without any proof of a coup attempt, you are simply making !@#$ up to smear NsO) succeeded and those 12 and some of those who abstained left and formed their own group, we would not be having the same situation as Katsumi, Elrich, and the others would not be lying about the splinter group, nor smearing the splinter group or their allies in Tetris and other allies. That is what Arrnea, you, and others in SOS are doing.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1288467268' post='2497432']
I keep seeing this and nothing against you TBB, just need to voice this. Now, I know nobody can see into the future but these fellows made it hard to unseat Arrnea in the first place months ago and it also begs the question, since when did 43.33% become a majority and when did 43.33% become 80% which is the requirement per the charter [b]that Elrich von Richt, Katsumi, Diablofan and Arynar Ventys all approved and wrote back when they were in power[/b] in March~April 2010. It's not really adding up. With 13 votes (43.33%) on the yes to impeach, 12 votes (40.00%) not to impeach and 5 (16.67%) abstaining. It's only natural that a splinter would occur and if the coup and impeachment did succeed, its likely those 12 and probably some of those abstains would form their own splinter. We'd still have the same situation either way really.
[/quote]

The option that got the majority of votes, even if only by one, was to impeach. Now that may not be enough according to the charter and it may not be the majortiy of those who voted but that is not the problem. The problem is that it got that far to begin with. That any of this occured is a sign that leadership is clearly an issue. That this public attempt to blame everyone else was made also is a sign that leadership is an issue. What I would suggest is an end to public bickering and an internal focus on how things got to this point to begin with. I would also have a sit down with my allies and see what issues they may be aware of. The one thing that can not continue is this public mess. Its intent was to do harm to others and in the end all it has done is more harm to SOS.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1288466709' post='2497424']
Keve I love you.

Was this crap even needed to be made public?
[/quote]
keve may be correct, but this needed to be public. It was either this or last week's pointless stuff. I think this pointless is better then last week's pointless, don't you think so?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1288453264' post='2497292']
120 million for a wrong raid? Frankly I'm surprised that everyone didn't just walk out of the room laughing.

I thought this whole announcement was a joke at first, then I realized it was actually serious. It looks like Arnea is seeing ghosts in the shadows and is completely overreacting. Also, Michaeru served alongside me with honor a long time ago, good guy, and I'd back him up.
[/quote]
Welp. You do realize that everyone agrees that 120 is paltry among large nations, correct? And that no one thus far has made an attempt to clear michaeru's guilt aside from justifying lies? He served under me, and I under him, but what he did is unconscionable. The facts prove it.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1288464387' post='2497408']
Arrnea, didn't you change the charter so the veto vote had to be 80% when you heard some people wanted you out? In my opinion you were just a terrible leader and politician. People left you because they didn't approve the way you carried yourself and the alliance, crying about it isn't going to help you or your cause.
[/quote]
Wrong. It was 80% since we were founded. I believe it was LOWERED, much to my chagrin. It should not be easy to impeach a leader.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288472960' post='2497491']
Welp. You do realize that everyone agrees that 120 is paltry among large nations, correct? And that no one thus far has made an attempt to clear michaeru's guilt aside from justifying lies? He served under me, and I under him, but what he did is unconscionable. The facts prove it.
[/quote]

Michaeru is one person though. what he did was wrong you are correct. though, it is also wrong to accuse people of attempting a coup without any sort of evidence which you, MvP, and Arrnea are all guilty of doing. Arrnea even agrees in the OP that the word coup was thrown around. thus, there is no evidence for any coup attempt.

"After the negotiations, Elrich von Richt (SOS Brigade's FA head at the time), Diablofan (SOS Brigade's military head at the time), Michaeru (an SOS Brigade FA deputy at the time) and Tohru (an SOS Brigade Recruitment and Propaganda deputy at the time) got together on Skype, with a few others in presence to discuss their options for removal of the Chief, for what they percieved to be inappropriate behavior. Ultimately, this conversation contained the words 'coup', due to some creative use of colloquialism by the participants."

from the OP itself. also noted in the op is that only portions of the conversation were logged since spoken word is not logged. Thus, no proof. there has yet to be proof of a coup attempt and yet, we have seen you, Arrnea, and MvP all stating there was a coup attempt. to me that is lying. straight up lying. and if it is so horrible as you are stating with Michaeru, then how are you going to punish yourself, Arrnea, and MvP for the lying you are doing? if you even attempt to state you are not lying, then by all means give proof of your accusations. if you have none, then you are lying.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288473558' post='2497495']
Wrong. It was 80% since we were founded. I believe it was LOWERED, much to my chagrin. It should not be easy to impeach a leader.
[/quote]
While I agree with that, you do have to realize that such a high percentage may end up with having splinter alliances when an unpopular leader can't be removed.

Also, as I and many others have stated, having 13 out of 31-ish (going off of memory) people should tell any competent leader that they are doing something wrong, and instead of throwing a fit and declaring a coup, try to improve whatever it is they are doing.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1288473983' post='2497500']
Michaeru is one person though. what he did was wrong you are correct. though, it is also wrong to accuse people of attempting a coup without any sort of evidence which you, MvP, and Arrnea are all guilty of doing. Arrnea even agrees in the OP that the word coup was thrown around. thus, there is no evidence for any coup attempt.

"After the negotiations, Elrich von Richt (SOS Brigade's FA head at the time), Diablofan (SOS Brigade's military head at the time), Michaeru (an SOS Brigade FA deputy at the time) and Tohru (an SOS Brigade Recruitment and Propaganda deputy at the time) got together on Skype, with a few others in presence to discuss their options for removal of the Chief, for what they percieved to be inappropriate behavior. Ultimately, this conversation contained the words 'coup', due to some creative use of colloquialism by the participants."

from the OP itself. also noted in the op is that only portions of the conversation were logged since spoken word is not logged. Thus, no proof. there has yet to be proof of a coup attempt and yet, we have seen you, Arrnea, and MvP all stating there was a coup attempt. to me that is lying. straight up lying. and if it is so horrible as you are stating with Michaeru, then how are you going to punish yourself, Arrnea, and MvP for the lying you are doing? if you even attempt to state you are not lying, then by all means give proof of your accusations. if you have none, then you are lying.
[/quote]
All of which has nothing to do with what I said. And quite frankly, I don't have the time (OOC: no computer, and making any long post is time-consuming on the Zune) or desire to correct you right now. That said, I once considered you a friend, interesting how eager you've been to attack and insult me as of late.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1288475120' post='2497516']
While I agree with that, you do have to realize that such a high percentage may end up with having splinter alliances when an unpopular leader can't be removed.

Also, as I and many others have stated, having 13 out of 31-ish (going off of memory) people should tell any competent leader that they are doing something wrong, and instead of throwing a fit and declaring a coup, try to improve whatever it is they are doing.
[/quote]
It was closer to 41. And said dissenters were off their collective rocker. We've always been a top-oriented alliance, Arrnea's always been top dog. Those who don't rabidly follow Elrich's every word have always been fine with it. Elrich held control while Arrnea was rendered inactive, and those who plotted to remove Arrnea just wanted to be in control again, despite the fact that Elrich made for a !@#$@#$ terrible leader who nearly brought another alliance to declare on us for his ineptitude.

I have one thing to say pertaining to this subject, you mention lavo as a Long-Standing member of the Imperial Assault Alliance, as though that means anything MORE than the simple fact that he is a member of our hallowed halls. Lavo is a member, he HAS served in our government previously, this means while yes he is a member he holds no official purpose for the IAA in those chats, he is in them simply as a close friend of the other members within the chat, to attempt to slander our name with such an uneducated attempt is really unnecessary.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288477870' post='2497539']
It was closer to 41. And said dissenters were off their collective rocker. We've always been a top-oriented alliance, Arrnea's always been top dog. Those who don't rabidly follow Elrich's every word have always been fine with it. Elrich held control while Arrnea was rendered inactive, and those who plotted to remove Arrnea just wanted to be in control again, despite the fact that Elrich made for a !@#$@#$ terrible leader who nearly brought another alliance to declare on us for his ineptitude.
[/quote]
Sorry for the inaccuracy, it wasn't intended. However I still think that if roughly 25% of the alliance is unhappy with the current gov something is wrong.

Of course, if they were off their collective rocker, don't all sides benefit by them splintering off?

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1288477931' post='2497542']
I have one thing to say pertaining to this subject, you mention lavo as a Long-Standing member of the Imperial Assault Alliance, as though that means anything MORE than the simple fact that he is a member of our hallowed halls. Lavo is a member, he HAS served in our government previously, this means while yes he is a member he holds no official purpose for the IAA in those chats, he is in them simply as a close friend of the other members within the chat, to attempt to slander our name with such an uneducated attempt is really unnecessary.
[/quote]
We have no beef with IAA, provided his knowledge was not shared with you. I explained our position to Chim. You know I still love you, at least. :v:

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1288478055' post='2497544']
Sorry for the inaccuracy, it wasn't intended. However I still think that if roughly 25% of the alliance is unhappy with the current gov something is wrong.

Of course, if they were off their collective rocker, don't all sides benefit by them splintering off?
[/quote]
Oh, I'm glad they split. Some of them gave me reasons to leave, before they did. What I'm not happy about was their attempts to wreck the alliance on the way out. Like I said in the NsO DoE, if they want to take their ball and go home, that's their perogative, but they shouldn't try to knock over our blocks on the way out.

Well this was quite disappointing. I would have expected it to be within Arrnea's and SH's capability to apologize for not notifying each other of their actions and then moved on with their lives. This really is quite ugly.

Also, it's really inconvenient to have to visit 2 channels/forums every time I wish to talk to someone. :P

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1288468540' post='2497452']
you do realize that 43.33% is a majority when the other percentages are 40% and 16.67%. thus, the majority of those who voted, voted to impeach.
[/quote]

That's actually a plurality.

/nitpick

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288478818' post='2497551']
We have no beef with IAA, provided his knowledge was not shared with you. I explained our position to Chim. You know I still love you, at least. :v:
[/quote]

I do still love you Locke, I was simply doing a little clarification. I really wish this could have been resolved behind close doors, instead of in this ridiculous public manner that it has.

[quote name='Lavo_2' timestamp='1288481350' post='2497570']
I'm going to guess this is why I was randomly banned from the SOS forums. :v:
[/quote]

If you were banned for a reason then it wasn't done randomly.

That having been said, Lavo deserves to be unbanned immediately :mad:

Finally done reading everything. Here's my take.

1)Duncan is right about the names and very confusing avatars/profiles. You weeaboos need to stick to one name only. At least publicly.

2)I don't see any problem with Elrich's actions at the beginning. You can't expect the entire alliance to come to a standstill because you're sleeping, I too would have done something. Mich-something, however, was definitely in the wrong from the start. Whoever approved of Mich's betrayal was also wrong (Soviet_Haruhi?).

3)Tetris and other allies shouldn't have been present in a discussion about a possible impeachment procedure and its aftermath. They're allied to the alliance and, thus, the legitimate group they must talk with is the government, not disgruntled members. They should have been informed by the SOS government that such a procedure was taking place.

4)Failing that, they should have informed the SOS govt of the talk that had just taken place. So yeah, I think it's legit to cancel on them. Anyway, it's always legit to cancel on an ally if you don't think you can trust them anymore.

5)Some parts are unnecessary and violently emo. Also, stop talking at the third person.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288481447' post='2497571']
If you were banned for a reason then it wasn't done randomly.
[/quote]
Oh you.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288478818' post='2497551']
[/quote]
Knowledge on what?