Announcements from the SOS Brigade

Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288459041' post='2497345']
No, the punchline is something you would have to read the first three posts entirely to get.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]I did read the first 3 post. Your leader failed to keep his subordinates informed. That is entirely his fault and he has nobody else to blame. That is leadership 101.[/color]

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288437945' post='2497133']
Please go back and read it properly.
The problem was that you guys knew on Sep 12 that a Senior Staffer was actively lying and didn't tell us. We only found this out on Oct 23.

There's a big, big difference.

To set the record straight, since some people have quite honestly gotten it horribly wrong.
[/quote]

well first off- you are saying that Arrnea can basically do as he pleases and he does not have to inform anyone of anything? well that is complete !@#$%^&* really. your charter really sux if this is true. not to mention, Arrnea would be quite the !@#$%* leader if he actually does not inform anyone of anything he is doing. such as negotiations with an alliance of any sort should have been passed down to all gov officials. second- you stated that michaeru knew of the negotiations but Elrich did not. then state that Elrich betrayed SOS somehow because he negotiated with iFOK, when Arrnea should have ensured that everyone in gov knew that negotiations were already taking place and the progress of them. that is what a good leader does. a crappy leader does not inform anyone of anything.

as for Tetris knowing about Michaeru lying, i could have sworn that Tetris stated they did not want to get involved in the internal affairs of SOS since ya'll be a sovereign alliance.

frankly, ya'll just come off even worse looking. You stated that some people came to you stating that the Skype conversation contained the word coup. not that it was about planning a coup. heh. considering that is the line of thought spewing forth from people like MvP and Locke, you kinda just punctured a huge hole in their cries of betrayal. not to mention, a huge hole in your own since we have absolutely no clue what the context of that conversation was.

as for your first log of Elrich when asked by Arrnea to elaborate on the conversation- wait, if you read the log, it looks like Arrnea did not ask him to elaborate at all. instead it looks like Arrnea finally brings up the Skype conversation as an accusation against Elrich for Elrich stating "i'm not going to stab you in the back". so, that seems like an outright lie right there. Then there is no "do you care to elaborate?" question as you state, instead it is "or was your conversation on Skype about couping me not at all serious?" at which point, it does seem like Arrnea was not undecided as you had claimed earlier (yet another lie). he accused Elrich of treason basically. so Elrich tendered his resignation. frankly, if Arrnea had been the least bit smart, he would have asked for Elrich to elaborate but he did not.

as for the second log- i have no clue who Yuki is or Haruhi and if you wanted people to understand you would have linked IRC names to names we would recognize.

and whoopdi-friggin-do about Michaeru. he lied to you. waaaaahhhh. it seems you are lumping in all of NsO for Michaeru's actions. well, if we do that, then you have lied in the op yourself. so what does that mean for SOS?

as for the votes of impeachment- yep we already been through that. as for the members leaving SOS and creating NsO. that was the end of it. you throw out a claim like the whole Coup bit, without a shred of evidence whatsoever. you make this claim that Elrich went around and tried to poison relations with your allies, yet i see no proof. in fact, you have already stated you have no proof of the planning of a coup except for the words of some people who said the word coup was used in a conversation. for all we know, the context for the use of coup was "there will be NO coup attempt against Arrnea". zomg. that uses the word coup but has the exact opposite meaning than what you are implying.

so again, all we have from SOS is a bunch of claims without any actual evidence. it is one huge smear campaign and now it extends to allies or former allies of SOS such as Tetris, RoA and what not.

what this actually proves is how !@#$%* of an alliance SOS has become and what a crappy ally they are.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288460450' post='2497363']
tldr:

iFOK guy raids an SOS nation, SOS demands 120mil in reps. later, someone else (elrich and mich) and from SOS comes and demands 20mil in reps and iFOK guy accepts. arrnea gets angry because elrich and mich didn't tell him about this, even though mich knew that SOS demanded 120 mil reps.
people are dissatisfied with arrnea's leadership and there's a 13/12 vote to remove him, not enough. arrnea talks to elrich and mich about a skype conversation in which they used the word "coup". there was actually no coup, instead they were talking about the impeachment and/or leaving, but elrich and mich resign anyway. soon after the fail sakura order forms. and tetris apparently knew about this and decided not to tell arrnea because he had been mean to them or something or other.

that pretty much sums it up

edit: not 100mil, 120mil
edit2: not 13/14, 13/12. even worse
[/quote]
Thank you for being reasonable and just writing up a tl;dr. I now know the basics of the issue without having to spend half an hour reading a poorly written tantrum.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1288461078' post='2497373']well first off- you are saying that Arrnea can basically do as he pleases and he does not have to inform anyone of anything? well that is complete !@#$%^&* really. your charter really sux if this is true. not to mention, Arrnea would be quite the !@#$%* leader if he actually does not inform anyone of anything he is doing. such as negotiations with an alliance of any sort should have been passed down to all gov officials. second- you stated that michaeru knew of the negotiations but Elrich did not. then state that Elrich betrayed SOS somehow because he negotiated with iFOK, when Arrnea should have ensured that everyone in gov knew that negotiations were already taking place and the progress of them. that is what a good leader does. a crappy leader does not inform anyone of anything.[/quote]
Michaeru knew full well that I had been negotiating, so I didn't "not inform anyone".
Elrich's treason against the SOS Brigade came when he hid Michaeru's duplicity from us (even going so far as to brag about it).

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1288461078' post='2497373']as for the second log- i have no clue who Yuki is or Haruhi and if you wanted people to understand you would have linked IRC names to names we would recognize.[/quote]
Soviet Yuki is the extremely well-known (at the time and amongst the people who this is relevant to) IRC nick of Diablofan, our Defense head at the time.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1288461078' post='2497373']and whoopdi-friggin-do about Michaeru. he lied to you. waaaaahhhh. it seems you are lumping in all of NsO for Michaeru's actions. well, if we do that, then you have lied in the op yourself. so what does that mean for SOS?[/quote]
Michaeru lied to me on a matter relating to the alliance, which, as he was a member of the Senior Brigade Staff and I was Chief, is treason. Others were aware of this treason for well over a month and said nothing, making them complicit in said treason.

[quote name='GulagArchipelago' timestamp='1288461333' post='2497376']The sooner both sides put this to bed, the better it is for the sanity of everyone on OWF.[/quote]
I agree. This topic was in order to put the issue to bed. From here, the SOS Brigade moves on and rebuilds.
The New Sakura Order and Tetris are fully welcome to do whatever the hell they want, so long as they stay away from us.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288458813' post='2497341']
Duncan [b]did[/b] say "or a splinter alliance".
[/quote]

Look, you're dead set on thinking one thing, I'm dead set because I know differently, so let's just throw out a few facts real quick.

1) There were unhappy with your leadership.
2) When the impeachment failed, there was one thing you could have done to keep them in your alliance (step down).
Why?
3) No one in their right mind is going to stay in an alliance in which they are unhappy.
4) Had we telepathically acquired the intel that they planned to make a new alliance, us telling you wouldn't have changed that fact.
5) You should have seen it coming anyway.
6) In all fairness, the "splinter alliance" didn't come off of you, it came off of Tetris.

*As far as I know, NsO wasn't even a for sure thing until after they left.

[quote][wall of text that's super long... posted by Arrnea][/quote]

Well that only took me all day to read.
Bad show SOS Brigade. Bad show indeed.

Isn't it the leader's job to maintain the alliance and keep everything dandy? It seems to me (from all the stuff i just read), that the leader here just wiped out everyone who had a problem with him, and failed to actually look into bettering the alliance.

Overall, it's still sad to read, and I wish SOS Brigade good luck in the future.

[quote name='GulagArchipelago' timestamp='1288461333' post='2497376']
The sooner both sides put this to bed, the better it is for the sanity of everyone on OWF.
[/quote]

Gulag basically summed up my thoughts on this. We want this drama to end. Like it or not, the NsO has come into existence and it will not be leaving anytime soon. The best situation we can take as of now is agree to disagree and just let settle this problem.

Really you bring Ali into this? Ali's role was limited to asking if in the event a transition of power went through, that your communications hub would be safe through the transition. I see no wrong doing here. He was looking out for the alliance as a whole, and not a particular side.

I figured you would use Pollard's post-cancellation words in your embassy against him in this thread or in the soon to come cancellation thread. The fact that you have shows how far you are reaching to some how put us in a bad light. Few people will take him seriously there.

The main argument you have against us is "They knew," and when we say we didn't you say "You should have known then." Should we have? No that's your own internal crap, which is why we were as removed from the situation as possible. As I have already stated our part in this was limited to, if an impeachment does not happen, then most all of our contacts would defect from SOS Brigade, and in the event that happens we would house them until they could set up their own alliance. Like it or not, that is what it is, and your smears to stretch it past that role are wrong.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288460450' post='2497363']
tldr:

iFOK guy raids an SOS nation, SOS demands 120mil in reps. later, someone else (elrich and mich) and from SOS comes and demands 20mil in reps and iFOK guy accepts. arrnea gets angry because elrich and mich didn't tell him about this, even though mich knew that SOS demanded 120 mil reps.
people are dissatisfied with arrnea's leadership and there's a 13/12 vote to remove him, not enough. arrnea talks to elrich and mich about a skype conversation in which they used the word "coup". there was actually no coup, instead they were talking about the impeachment and/or leaving, but elrich and mich resign anyway. soon after the fail sakura order forms. and [s]tetris apparently knew about this and decided not to tell arrnea because he had been mean to them or something or other.[/s] Arrnea thinks Tetris knew but Tetris didn't know.

that pretty much sums it up

edit: not 100mil, 120mil
edit2: not 13/14, 13/12. even worse
[/quote]

Before: Mostly accurate
Now: As accurate as it'll get being a tl;dr

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288461540' post='2497378']
Michaeru knew full well that I had been negotiating, so I didn't "not inform anyone".
Elrich's treason against the SOS Brigade came when he hid Michaeru's duplicity from us (even going so far as to brag about it).[/quote]

so one person knew.... what a bout a thread on the gov forums section so that all of the gov knows? and that one person said nothing, so basically it was as if you told no one since what would have happened if Michaeru had not been online then? hence ensuring that everyone knows.

[quote]Soviet Yuki is the extremely well-known (at the time and amongst the people who this is relevant to) IRC nick of Diablofan, our Defense head at the time.[/quote]

nice attempt at trying to state i am irrelevant but it seems SOS is less relevant than you think. hence why i did not know. i don't even know who Diablofan is really but at least it is the same name.

[quote]Michaeru lied to me on a matter relating to the alliance, which, as he was a member of the Senior Brigade Staff and I was Chief, is treason. Others were aware of this treason for well over a month and said nothing, making them complicit in said treason.[/quote]

didn't you state that once the impeachment failed, the members left and "weeks passed". so, this well over a month means nothing. it was maybe a week. so once again, you lie. It ain't treason if they are no longer in SOS. it ain't treason if you have no clue if a coup was actually planned. you stating it is treason because the word coup came up in a conversation in which you have no context, is ridiculous. it shows that you are a fool and not worthy of leadership. Michaeru lied to you but how is that treason? you are lying left, right, and center about a bunch of stuff. does that mean you are committing treason? if so, you damn well better punish yourself as you punished your other gov members, otherwise you show just how unfit you are to be leader. oh wait, you have already shown how unfit you are for leadership. your lying is just more proof.

[quote]I agree. This topic was in order to put the issue to bed. From here, the SOS Brigade moves on and rebuilds.
The New Sakura Order and Tetris are fully welcome to do whatever the hell they want, so long as they stay away from us.
[/quote]

so after you continue to lie about almost everything including the coup attempt since you have absolutely no proof and even stated so yourself in the op, you want it laid to rest. after you accuse your allies of betraying you, you want to lay it to rest. man, you are pathetic and if SOS had an ounce of brains, they would boot your ass out of leadership.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1288459872' post='2497353']
It seems most of those 40% weren't really looking out for the interests of the alliance if they were so quick to leave and try forming their own alliance when the vote failed, also with them leaving now more than 60% of voting members are still in favor of the current leader.
[/quote]

If a good percentage of your alliance wants you out, it means that it's not just that they don't want you in power, but that they're willing to shake up the foundation of the alliance in order to do it through impeachment, which means they're pretty damn serious about it.

The alliance needed to split in two, and needed to do it acrimoniously, because when you openly hate your leader but can't remove them, and have the alliance so divided on such a controversial issue, that you know it is going to end and by virtue of it being over that issue it was going to end ugly.

That there are two alliances is better for the members. Clearly those who wanted to keep Arrnea can stay in SOS and be happy, and those who wanted new leadership can be in Sakura Order and be happy.

I still think anime themes are awful.

Arrnea, you might want to take note of the fact that the main person who has been supporting you is this thread is [b]Methrage[/b]. Now I don't know about you, but that's never a situation I want to be in.

Anyway I agree with the other guys who have said you should just fight to the death. Roguefest 2010 is over now, you other alliances need to pick up the slack.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288441597' post='2497173']
Pollard certainly did.
[/quote]

I could know a lot of things if I had some money.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1288442155' post='2497179']
Wow, people take Pollard seriously? hahaha
[/quote]

I'm just that cool. :smug:

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1288443908' post='2497196']
Also, Pollard: now with added telepathy. :v
[/quote]

:awesome:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444056' post='2497201']
Tetris is not, nor ever was, an anime based alliance.
[/quote]

Nor will we ever be.

Referring to the OP, I don't believe I gave you permission to use a picture of my real life self on the owf, and was not asked to sign anything.

Edited by Darth Pollard

Arrnea, didn't you change the charter so the veto vote had to be 80% when you heard some people wanted you out? In my opinion you were just a terrible leader and politician. People left you because they didn't approve the way you carried yourself and the alliance, crying about it isn't going to help you or your cause.

People can back and forth about the details of this thing but, none of that gets to the real issue here. When an alliance has this much internal drama, has a majority vote for impeachment, has a group of members leave, and loses and then verbally attacks attacks its own allies all over reps for tech raid then it has some real leadership issues. I do not claim to know either side but, clealy SOS Brigade has a problem at the top of its leadership structure. They either need to fix it or I have no doubt this will not be the last time we see this sort of thing. And the first sign of bad leadership is when you blame everyone else, your own gov, your memebers, your allies etc. This public attack on others does nothing but make SOS Brigade look bad and the people who left look smart for doing so. On that note, I hope SOS can get its act together and wish them luck.

1) You're a bunch of anime nerds.

2) You insist on referring to yourself in the third person.

3) You're probably dehydrated from all those tears you've shed...

4) Your leadership is incompetent

Ok gotcha.

Edited by Keve69

Don't have time to read all 6 pages at this point. Just because they used the charter to try and impeach Arrnea doesn't make it a coup. What is the point in having a part of the charter that will remove someone in power, if the people who use it just get branded traitors? Also, I think 13 people saying that something is wrong with the current leadership should be a wakeup call to those being impeached.

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1288464609' post='2497411']
1) You're a bunch of anime nerds.

2) You insist on referring to yourself in the third person.

3) You're probably dehydrated from all those tears you've shed...

4) Your leadership is incompetent

Ok gotcha.
[/quote]

Keve I love you.

Was this crap even needed to be made public?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1288464453' post='2497409']
... has a majority vote for impeachment ...
[/quote]
I keep seeing this and nothing against you TBB, just need to voice this. Now, I know nobody can see into the future but these fellows made it hard to unseat Arrnea in the first place months ago and it also begs the question, since when did 43.33% become a majority and when did 43.33% become 80% which is the requirement per the charter [b]that Elrich von Richt, Katsumi, Diablofan and Arynar Ventys all approved and wrote back when they were in power[/b] in March~April 2010. It's not really adding up. With 13 votes (43.33%) on the yes to impeach, 12 votes (40.00%) not to impeach and 5 (16.67%) abstaining. It's only natural that a splinter would occur and if the coup and impeachment did succeed, its likely those 12 and probably some of those abstains would form their own splinter. We'd still have the same situation either way really.

Edited by Bernkastel

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1288459276' post='2497348']
I think if 40% of my alliance voted to remove me from power, that it'd probably be time to let someone else take over. That a new alliance formed from this should not have surprised anyone.
[/quote]
Great News! I'll get to work on the paperwork to start that vote now.

Honestly, if SOS Brigade's charter delegates that much power to the "Chief", than either you should get a leader that can handle the responsibilities or change your charter. Then stuff like this doesn't happen.

Also, despite the charter saying 80% vote is needed to impeach, doesn't a 13 for/12 against impeachment vote send at least [u]some[/u] sort of signal? If the impeachment is only failing because of the charter, and not because of the results of the election itself, it should at least result in some sort of review about the leader's qualities. There must be a reason all those people him out of power.