Announcements from the SOS Brigade

Arrnea

[quote name='Katsumi' timestamp='1288449509' post='2497252']Arrnea, just say you're sorry for what you did. A true, heartfelt apology. That's all anyone ever wanted.[/quote]
I'm not sorry for removing staff that feel like breaking the rules and lying to me, so I can't do that, Katsumi.
You too knew of Michaeru's duplicity and did not inform us. [b]There is blood on your hands[/b].

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288448529' post='2497247']2. It looks to me that this was a simple misunderstanding that you and your government blew way out of proportion. I'm not sure how Eldrich is supposed to know what you did when he wasn't around or how he is supposed to talk to you when you aren't around. It's not that hard to send logs to your government members so they can pick up where you left off. By the same token, you shouldn't be expected to know what Eldrich did when you're not around or to talk to Eldrich when he's not around. But this is what forums and pms are for. There was a communications breakdown between you and the rest of your government caused by a difference in schedules. What you should have done is learned from it and resolved to prevent gaps in communication in the future. Eldrich wasn't going behind your back, he was doing his job and resolving a situation, which to his knowledge, you hadn't had time to get to. What you should have done was talked with him to understand why that had happened and what you were going to do to keep it from happening again. Firing him blew things way out of proportion from my standpoint (and I freely admit I don't have the whole story) and you shouldn't be too surprised that he was mad at you after that. Whether or not he overreacted by moving to impeach you is something that I cannot judge based on the information that I have available.[/quote]
Except that Michaeru, Elrich's FA deputy, was present for the negotiations I was involved in, as well as those that Elrich lead. He should have passed on the information that I was already doing negotiations. He didn't. That's not my fault.

Edited by Arrnea

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288450348' post='2497259']
I'm not sorry for removing staff that feel like breaking the rules and lying to me, so I can't do that, Katsumi.
You too knew of Michaeru's duplicity and did not inform us. [b]There is blood on your hands[/b].

Except that Michaeru, Elrich's FA deputy, was present for the negotiations I was involved in, as well as those that Elrich lead. He should have passed on the information that I was already doing negotiations. He didn't. That's not my fault.
[/quote]

Point 3.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288448529' post='2497247']

3. The only one initially who did anything wrong was Michaeru. He knew how the previous negotiations had gone and didn't do anything. You would have been well within reason to fire him.[/quote]

It's not your fault but you haven't proved it was Elrich's fault either. He may not have known that Michaeru had been involved in negotiations either. I still think you should have followed CYA and posted the logs on the forum just in case. It would make sure your entire government was onboard.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288448803' post='2497248']
It's Elrich, not Eldrich.

(somewhat connected to your first point I guess)
[/quote]
Ha, no, that's would be my tendency towards inversion and adding/subtracting letters when confronted with unfamiliar and unstandard names.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1288438756' post='2497139']
Actually, it wasn't a rogue. It was just a wrong raid.
[/quote]

120 million for a wrong raid? Frankly I'm surprised that everyone didn't just walk out of the room laughing.

I thought this whole announcement was a joke at first, then I realized it was actually serious. It looks like Arnea is seeing ghosts in the shadows and is completely overreacting. Also, Michaeru served alongside me with honor a long time ago, good guy, and I'd back him up.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288452583' post='2497284']It's not your fault but you haven't proved it was Elrich's fault either. He may not have known that Michaeru had been involved in negotiations either. I still think you should have followed CYA and posted the logs on the forum just in case. It would make sure your entire government was onboard.[/quote]
Which brings me back to my other issue with the way Elrich handled those negotiations. By our Charter, all decisions must be OK'd by the Chief. Effectively, the Chief has a veto over any decisions. In order for this to be at all possible, the Chief must be made aware of them before they are made, no?

He however, decided to go ahead and make a decision on behalf of the alliance without consulting me at all.
He didn't even post anything about it on our boards after-the-fact.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1288453800' post='2497297']All these words and not a single war deceleration? I am considerably disappointed.[/quote]
But we [b]did[/b] decelerate wars. We decelerated them so much, that they ground to a halt.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1288453800' post='2497297']If you're so mad at these people, you need to go destroy them.[/quote]
They're not worth our time to destroy.
Bob deserves to know what they're capable of though and our position needs to be made clear.

Edited by Arrnea

I'm the one that raided NSO in this story. I'm glad I could help with the break-up of NSO. ^_^

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288439732' post='2497153']
Also sack your negotiator. If he began at 120 mill and settled on 20 then he's doing it wrong. That or iFOK are supremely awesome at negotiating. I should hire you iFOK for when I go rogue again.
[/quote]
You can hire me as a negotiatior any time. My fee is 20% of the amount of money talked down by me. :P By the way, this one was easy: (FujibayashiKyou = Elrich)

[quote][13:06] <Spaarlaamp|iFOK> the way i see it
[13:06] <Spaarlaamp|iFOK> i have a standard rate for things like this
[13:07] <Spaarlaamp|iFOK> 10 million per 1000 NS i shot down
[23:18] <FujibayashiKyou> ~20m in reps is... not enough.
[23:19] <FujibayashiKyou> The damage you've done to our member's nation, Michaeru's, couldn't be solved with that amount.
[23:19] <FujibayashiKyou> As such, I'd like to propose something more reasonable from our end.
[23:19] <FujibayashiKyou> 101 million, and 50 tech.
[23:19] <FujibayashiKyou> You screwed up, and now you're paying the price for it.
[23:20] <Spaarlaamp|iFOK> ok 30m and i'll throw in 2000 free soldiers[/quote]
Later:

[quote][23:51] <FujibayashiKyou> Spaarlaamp.
[23:51] <FujibayashiKyou> So... I'd like to ask.
[23:52] <FujibayashiKyou> Is it possible for you to shell out 50m, 30m, or 20m even?
[23:52] <FujibayashiKyou> One of those three would be fine.
[23:55] <Spaarlaamp|iFOK> 20 mil is ok with me
[23:57] <FujibayashiKyou> We'll accept it.[/quote]
:lol1:

Good luck to Arrnea in continuing to lead SOS Brigade and maintaining your role as leader. SOS Brigade wouldn't be the same without you and I don't think think those who tried removing you had a better alternative in mind, so I think you should stick with it and don't let those lacking loyalty demotivate you from continuing to lead the alliance.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288439732' post='2497153']Also sack your negotiator.[/quote]
That's what I did.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288455730' post='2497315']There never was a coup. There was an impeachment.[/quote]
Duncan [b]did[/b] say "or a splinter alliance".

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1288456680' post='2497326']I'm the one that raided NSO in this story. I'm glad I could help with the break-up of NSO. ^_^

You can hire me as a negotiatior any time. My fee is 20% of the amount of money talked down by me. :P By the way, this one was easy: (FujibayashiKyou = Elrich)

Later:

:lol1:[/quote]
Elrich most certainly [b]did[/b] let himself get whittled down too easily.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1288458712' post='2497340']Good luck to Arrnea in continuing to lead SOS Brigade and maintaining your role as leader. SOS Brigade wouldn't be the same without you and I don't think think those who tried removing you had a better alternative in mind, so I think you should stick with it and don't let those lacking loyalty demotivate you from continuing to lead the alliance.[/quote]
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1288458896' post='2497344'][color="#FF0000"]So the punchline of this joke is, that your leader is incompetent?[/color][/quote]
No, the punchline is something you would have to read the first three posts entirely to get.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1288456680' post='2497326']
I'm the one that raided NSO in this story. I'm glad I could help with the break-up of NSO. ^_^

Later:

:lol1:
[/quote]

You have a deal, Next time I rogue, expect a pm for your services as a negotiator.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1288459276' post='2497348']
I think if 40% of my alliance voted to remove me from power, that it'd probably be time to let someone else take over. That a new alliance formed from this should not have surprised anyone.
[/quote]
It seems most of those 40% weren't really looking out for the interests of the alliance if they were so quick to leave and try forming their own alliance when the vote failed, also with them leaving now more than 60% of voting members are still in favor of the current leader.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1288459761' post='2497352']So, what exactly is the point here? You can't honestly expect anyone to read that. Can you please give us some bullet points?[/quote]
Those that it affects will want to read it and those that don't want to read it probably wouldn't be affected by what's contained in it anyway.

So no, I'm not giving you bullet points, because you'll just say "but you can't prove that", to which I would respond " go back and read the posts".

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1288459872' post='2497353']
It seems most of those 40% weren't really looking out for the interests of the alliance if they were so quick to leave and try forming their own alliance when the vote failed, also with them leaving now more than 60% of voting members are still in favor of the current leader.
[/quote]

It was more like that 40% was in favor and the rest of the votes were in favor or neutral.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1288459761' post='2497352']
So, what exactly is the point here? You can't honestly expect anyone to read that. Can you please give us some bullet points?
[/quote]

tldr:

iFOK guy raids an SOS nation, SOS demands 120mil in reps. later, someone else (elrich and mich) and from SOS comes and demands 20mil in reps and iFOK guy accepts. arrnea gets angry because elrich and mich didn't tell him about this, even though mich knew that SOS demanded 120 mil reps.
people are dissatisfied with arrnea's leadership and there's a 13/12 vote to remove him, not enough. arrnea talks to elrich and mich about a skype conversation in which they used the word "coup". there was actually no coup, instead they were talking about the impeachment and/or leaving, but elrich and mich resign anyway. soon after the fail sakura order forms. and tetris apparently knew about this and decided not to tell arrnea because he had been mean to them or something or other.

that pretty much sums it up

edit: not 100mil, 120mil
edit2: not 13/14, 13/12. even worse

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288460450' post='2497363']tldr:

iFOK guy raids an SOS nation, SOS demands 120mil in reps. later, someone else (elrich and mich) and from SOS comes and demands 20mil in reps and iFOK guy accepts. arrnea gets angry because elrich and mich didn't tell him about this, even though mich knew that SOS demanded 120 mil reps.
people are dissatisfied with arrnea's leadership and there's a 13/12 vote to remove him, not enough. arrnea talks to elrich and mich about a skype conversation in which they used the word "coup". there was actually no coup, instead they were talking about the impeachment and/or leaving, but elrich and mich resign anyway. soon after the fail sakura order forms. and tetris apparently knew about this and decided not to tell arrnea because he had been mean to them or something or other.

that pretty much sums it up[/quote]
Wow, that's actually not half bad for a tl;dr. It does miss a lot of the nuance and reasoning of the story and misses the fact that many people were aware of Michaeru lying to the alliance and did not reveal this, but otherwise pretty accurate.