Announcements from the SOS Brigade

Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288442601' post='2497186']
Indeed not. Your ability to be even the least bit rational serves you well.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you. :rolleyes:

I thought you wanted to let this die? <_<

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288441907' post='2497175']
Edit: I just noticed something. You are incorrect on another front.
I never 'did not believe you' when you said that the conversation in question was a test. I came out with that right away.
[/quote]

[quote]
[02:10:55] <Arrnea> one thing though
[02:11:04] <Arrnea> how did Tetris gov find out this was a test before I confirmed it to you?
[02:11:22] <Hereno> i figured it out pretty quickly
[02:11:37] <Arrnea> you had a hunch.
[02:11:42] <Hereno> yeah, pretty much lol
[02:11:50] <Hereno> it's obvious that bernkaster or whoever the **** is loyal to you
[02:11:56] <Hereno> i'm not a retard
[02:11:57] <Hereno> lol
[02:12:01] <Arrnea> right.
[02:12:10] <Hereno> see you don't even believe that
[02:12:17] <Hereno> you're just being paranoid -.-
[02:12:25] <Arrnea> actually, it depends on who you are.
[/quote]

Yeah, okay then.

Edited by Hereno

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, you need to quit Ninja Editing everything. :((

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288442205' post='2497181']
'Excellent' like withholding the fact that our FA head was lying to my face for a month and half?

You really outdid yourself there, too.[/quote]

*facelaptops* FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! READ MY POSTS ADDRESSING THIS! BESIDES, WE. DID. NOT. KNOW.

[quote]
True enough, he wasn't in Tetris at the time. But he had been in Tetris for some time before we found out through another source, holding knowledge that he would be required under the treaty to reveal.[/quote]

I forgot we are supposed to psychically know everything ours membership knows.

[quote]
I did not can 'every single' Senior Staffer, far from it. I sacked two of them. There are four total. These dismissals were not based on the Skype conversation entirely, they were based on conversations I had with both Elrich and Diablofan after I heard of the Skype conversation, in which they tended their resignations without offering any explanation. These logs were in the OP, so you would have noticed them if you'd read it. In addition, Elrich's misconduct in the iFOK negotiations was amongst the reasons for his dismissal.
[/quote]

Please clarify something for me: do you mean you sacked two of the four senior staffers involved? Or are there only 4 senior staffers? Now if they resigned and the skype convo had no bearing on whether or not they were on the senior council, why did michaeru feel the need to lie? I see some holes in your story that don't make sense.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288442918' post='2497188']First off, you need to quit Ninja Editing everything. :(([/quote]
And you need to quit posting while I'm writing my posts. ^_^

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288442918' post='2497188']*facelaptops* FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! READ MY POSTS ADDRESSING THIS! BESIDES, WE. DID. NOT. KNOW.[/quote]
Pollard was there and talking mere moments before it was revealed. He knew.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288442918' post='2497188']I forgot we are supposed to psychically know everything ours membership knows.[/quote]
No, but I don't see you taking any action against them either.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288442918' post='2497188']Please clarify something for me: do you mean you sacked two of the four senior staffers involved? Or are there only 4 senior staffers?[/quote]
Both, as it happens, although I didn't realise the other 2 senior staffers were in on it at the time of the dismissals.
There are four Senior Staff positions in the Brigade and I sacked two of them.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288442918' post='2497188']Now if they resigned and the skype convo had no bearing on whether or not they were on the senior council, why did michaeru feel the need to lie? I see some holes in your story that don't make sense.[/quote]
This, I actually don't know. Perhaps he's just a pathological liar? Really, I was very hurt by his need to lie to my face for a month and a half and pretend to still be my friend. That, as well as people hiding that fact from me, was what hurt the most in all of this.

Edited by Arrnea

I would say something smug here because I dislike SOS and it's nice to see them get what they deserve (even if it came from the inside), and I dislike EVR so watching him spout some drivel here is pretty funny... but I think it just takes care of itself.

Best of luck to Tetris.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1288442868' post='2497187']Yeah, okay then.[/quote]
You're mis-interpreting. You're the one who suggested that I didn't believe you. I actually did.
The line about it "depending on who you are" was with regard to you accusing me of being paranoid.

[b]It isn't paranoia if you're right.[/b]

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288443322' post='2497190']
This, I actually don't know. Perhaps he's just a pathological liar? Really, I was very hurt by his need to lie to my face for a month and a half and pretend to still be my friend. That, as well as people hiding that fact from me, was what hurt the most in all of this.
[/quote]
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That's all I'm seeing from you Arrnea. You're massively butthurt disproportionately for Michaeru's duplicity. Serves you right, in retrospect. By the way, I'm pretty sure Pollard, Tetris et al. didn't know. Way to go there, Mr. Super Paranoid.
I think Tetris got the better deal here.

Also, Pollard: now with added telepathy. :v

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1288443908' post='2497196']You're massively butthurt disproportionately for Michaeru's duplicity. Serves you right, in retrospect. By the way, I'm pretty sure Pollard, Tetris et al. didn't know. Way to go there, Mr. Super Paranoid.
I think Tetris got the better deal here.[/quote]
Says the person who [b]did[/b] know about it.

When a person you regard as a close friend reveals, in quite an insulting fashion, that everything he's told you for the last month and a half has been a lie, that's not exactly 'trivial'. When other people you considered friends knew about it and didn't even tell you, that's not trivial either.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288443322' post='2497190']
Pollard was there and talking mere moments before it was revealed. He knew.[/quote]

So you're telling me you have never been nick alerted, said hello, then looked on to a different channel before? You have no evidence he read any of the convo. You don't (iirc) even have logs of him saying anything in that channel within a reasonable time after that.

[quote]
No, but I don't see you taking any action against them either.[/quote]

OHHHH! I see what you want now! You want us to kick out and ZI DK! yeah. not going to happen.

[quote]
Both, as it happens, although I didn't realise the other 2 senior staffers were in on it at the time of the dismissals.
There are four Senior Staff positions in the Brigade and I sacked two of them.[/quote]

So michaeru isn't the only liar? Interesting.

[quote]
[/quote]

Well Arrnea, this is what we call a harsh reality. The harsh reality is that yes he lied, but it's also harsh in that he did not know if you would sack him or not. His position was an important one to impeach you, and seeing as those you did know about were no longer senior staff, he needed to ensure he wasn't removed.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1288443486' post='2497191']
I barely bought myself to skim over all that, but if i understand correctly the anime nerds are having disputes.
I like that.
[/quote]

Tetris is not, nor ever was, an anime based alliance.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288443775' post='2497194']
Best of luck to Tetris.
[/quote]

Why thank you. :v:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288443779' post='2497195']
You're mis-interpreting. You're the one who suggested that I didn't believe you. I actually did.

The line about it "depending on who you are" was with regard to you accusing me of being paranoid.[/quote]

Forgive me for mis-interpreting that tiny bit of logs, and I'll forgive you for mis-interpreting the rest :P

[quote]
[b]It isn't paranoia if you're right.[/b]
[/quote]

Except you weren't right about anything except that there was a move to impeach you, and that a handful of SOS gov members lied to you to cover that up until they were ready to act on it. I understand that your feelings were hurt, , which is why I was of mind to keep the treaty even after the OWF blunder. I just figured that you were going through a rough spot and would have a clear head soon, and would maybe even apologize for being so erratic. I guess I was wrong, because the paranoia just kept getting worse, and you turned it on Tetris, who has nothing to do with any of this. But that's just the way it goes. You're being delusional, and that's all there is to it. I am really going to try and refrain from anymore responses here. Don't hold me to it... -_-

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444056' post='2497201']So you're telling me you have never been nick alerted, said hello, then looked on to a different channel before? You have no evidence he read any of the convo. You don't (iirc) even have logs of him saying anything in that channel within a reasonable time after that.[/quote]
After only just joining said channel? No.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444056' post='2497201']OHHHH! I see what you want now! You want us to kick out and ZI DK! yeah. not going to happen.[/quote]
I never said that, but keeping him in government wasn't exactly friendly to your MDoAP partner.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444056' post='2497201']So michaeru isn't the only liar? Interesting.[/quote]
So it would seem.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444056' post='2497201']Well Arrnea, this is what we call a harsh reality. The harsh reality is that yes he lied, but it's also harsh in that he did not know if you would sack him or not. His position was an important one to impeach you, and seeing as those you did know about were no longer senior staff, he needed to ensure he wasn't removed.[/quote]
Saying "My boss will fire me if I tell the truth" doesn't justify lying of this magnitude.
If you would read our Charter, you actually only need to be a Member of the SOS Brigade to file an impeachment and there were plenty of those on his side.

Edit: In addition, it wasn't Michaeru who filed the impeachment in the end, it was Arynar Ventys.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288444403' post='2497206']
Edit: In addition, it wasn't Michaeru who filed the impeachment in the end, it was Arynar Ventys.
[/quote]
Your last staunch supporter in Senior Govt. at the time, what does that say?

HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

^
The best thing anyone can say about the SOS brigade.

You can't ask for better allies then Tetris. They were always ready to roll when we were. I have nothing but respect for that entire alliance. Good people.

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1288444689' post='2497209']Your last staunch supporter in Senior Govt. at the time, what does that say?[/quote]
That Arynar Ventys was easily talked into things by people he too considered to be friends (Elrich von Richt, for example).

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288444726' post='2497211']
That Arynar Ventys was easily talked into things by people he too considered to be friends (Elrich von Richt, for example).
[/quote]
Not that all of them were disappointed in your leadership? What a strange conclusion.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288444403' post='2497206']
After only just joining said channel? No.[/quote]
uh huh

[quote]
I never said that, but keeping him in government wasn't exactly friendly to your MDoAP partner.[/quote]

Again, it had nothing to do with us. It was an internal matter in SOS Brigade. Some times treaty partners do things the other party doesn't like. Remember we are a sovereign alliance too.

[quote]
So it would seem.

Saying "My boss will fire me if I tell the truth" doesn't justify lying of this magnitude.
If you would read our Charter, you actually only need to be a Member of the SOS Brigade to file an impeachment and there were plenty of those on his side.

[/quote]

So all this begs the question, why is michaeru such a big deal and not the other senior staffer?

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1288444904' post='2497212']Not that all of them were disappointed in your leadership? What a strange conclusion.[/quote]
Go back and read the first post in this topic that wasn't by me.
You'll notice that Arynar Ventys has had a chance to mull things over and has come to a very different conclusion than you suggest here.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444975' post='2497214']
So all this begs the question, why is michaeru such a big deal and not the other senior staffer?
[/quote]
Because poor Arrnea is butthurt. Oh noes, poor Arrnea. D:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1288444975' post='2497214']So all this begs the question, why is michaeru such a big deal and not the other senior staffer?[/quote]
Because Michaeru was a closer personal friend than the other Staffers (Elrich aside). Not to mention the lie was about something he had done himself.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288445047' post='2497215']
Go back and read the first post in this topic that wasn't by me.
You'll notice that Arynar Ventys has had a chance to mull things over and has come to a very different conclusion than you suggest here.
[/quote]
Guilt tripping him now doesn't make a bit of difference to back then.

Edited by Imperator Honorius

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1288445131' post='2497218']Guilt tripping him now doesn't make a bit of difference to back then.[/quote]
Ask him yourself when you get the chance. I had very little, if anything, to do with his change of heart.
It was actually something Elrich von Richt said that did it.

Edited by Arrnea

Sigh. Okay my 2 cents.

1. Why can't all you anime people stick to one name (your name here) and be done with it? It's incredibly difficult to discern who is who based on all the gibberish names containing copious amounts of vowels. One of the keys to making logdumps like this effective is that people should be able to get the point just by reading it. Your little anime clique may get the who's who here but I'm (and I'm sure lots of other people here) totally lost on who all of these Japanese names actually are. At the very least, you should provide a key in the OP so people can connect the individuals to their nations and rulers.

2. It looks to me that this was a simple misunderstanding that you and your government blew way out of proportion. I'm not sure how Eldrich is supposed to know what you did when he wasn't around or how he is supposed to talk to you when you aren't around. It's not that hard to send logs to your government members so they can pick up where you left off. By the same token, you shouldn't be expected to know what Eldrich did when you're not around or to talk to Eldrich when he's not around. But this is what forums and pms are for. There was a communications breakdown between you and the rest of your government caused by a difference in schedules. What you should have done is learned from it and resolved to prevent gaps in communication in the future. Eldrich wasn't going behind your back, he was doing his job and resolving a situation, which to his knowledge, you hadn't had time to get to. What you should have done was talked with him to understand why that had happened and what you were going to do to keep it from happening again. Firing him blew things way out of proportion from my standpoint (and I freely admit I don't have the whole story) and you shouldn't be too surprised that he was mad at you after that. Whether or not he overreacted by moving to impeach you is something that I cannot judge based on the information that I have available.

3. The only one initially who did anything wrong was Michaeru. He knew how the previous negotiations had gone and didn't do anything. You would have been well within reason to fire him.

4. Your allies should have come to you when they learned that there would be a coup or a splinter alliance. That is what allies are for. You're totally justified in dropping them for those reasons. However, any time before those events took place, I don't think they'd have been in the wrong for not telling you. People in government have disagreements all the time and if I had a nickle for every time that I've vented to a friend who is government in another alliance about a disagreement with another member of my government or had someone vent to government in another alliance about me, I'd probably be quite wealthy. When you're in government, your contacts get narrowed to people who are government as well (in other alliances). Just because two government members of two alliances are talking, doesn't mean it's official business.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288448529' post='2497247']
I'm not sure how Eldrich is supposed to know what you did
shouldn't be expected to know what Eldrich did when you're not around or to talk to Eldrich when he's not around.
Eldrich wasn't going behind your back, he was doing his job and resolving a situation, which to his knowledge
[/quote]

It's Elrich, not Eldrich.

(somewhat connected to your first point I guess)