A GOONland Public Notice

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288259809' post='2495070']
Against this. Methrage should have been kept in bill lock for eternity.
[/quote]

He should have at least been made to de-comm some of his wonders :P Amidoinitrite?

I will miss the Methrage show, hopefully it's back for broadcast when he's out of terms and wanting to get even harsher terms.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288260549' post='2495072']
I will miss the Methrage show, hopefully it's back for broadcast when he's out of terms and wanting to get even harsher terms.
[/quote]

It'll be back. He hasn't shown he is capable of learning anything, ever. Since he's solely responsible for fulfilling these terms, I'll take bets on him not completing them before turning around and biting the hand that feeds him. He deserves nothing more than oblivion.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288260933' post='2495074']
It'll be back. He hasn't shown he is capable of learning anything, ever. Since he's solely responsible for fulfilling these terms, I'll take bets on him not completing them before turning around and biting the hand that feeds him. He deserves nothing more than oblivion.
[/quote]

I like the cut of your jib :v

This is quite a lot to ask from one nation. However, considering Methrage's pattern of behaviour, it is still very fair. $3m/150 deals are only marginally profitable (around 15% if done correctly) but in bailing Methrage out of bill lock and providing cash to rebuild some infra, the actual benefit to him will be quite large.

Methrage, please don't use this money just to attack someone again. You won't get off a fourth time. GOONS are being kind in releasing you back into the respected community after 'going rogue' (the semantics of that are debatable but you launched aggressive wars to be sure) on them twice, please use that gift wisely.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1288240774' post='2494914']
Do you know how aid slots work?

Just wondering.
[/quote]
Methrage has 6 aid slots, the proposed deals will take between 38 and 40 slots to implement. Assuming 100% efficiency in aid slot usage, which would be unusual for reps but a bit more likely in this case as there is only one paying nation, then the reparations in the OP will take 70 days to pay out. GOONS are showing a good understanding of foreign aid here; they appear to have implemented the deals each on one slot. Methrage is currently showing 19.5M in incoming aid, which should be more than enough to allow him to escape bill-lock and start sending tech on the 5th of November.

The terms do of course grant GOONS the right to drag out the payment period if they wish, but I doubt they will repeat the mistake they made with NATO.

Is the rest of Kerberos Nexus to be granted peace as well? I see no current wars for the other two nations.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288260933' post='2495074']
[/quote]
Methrage has done a lot of dumb things (I probably know some you don't, you definitely know some I don't) but ignoring surrender terms has never been among them.

Heck he even paid out the tech he owed to the guy you thought he was ripping off when he was at war with you.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1288267401' post='2495106']
Methrage has done a lot of dumb things (I probably know some you don't, you definitely know some I don't) but ignoring surrender terms has never been among them.
[/quote]
TOP bought his freedom last time. I'm pretty sure the terms were 'don't attack them and they won't attack you', but perhaps I'm wrong.

Heck he even paid out the tech he owed to the guy you thought he was ripping off when he was at war with you.
[/quote]
How long did he wait to pay out the tech? He waited until it benefited him to get rid of it.

Methrage won't even make it a third of the way through those reps before his DERP generators make it back to full power and he's launching another "preemptive strike" on the GOONS. We should get a betting pool going on the exact date.

Edited by CRex of Gulo Gulo

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1288272822' post='2495141']
Everything GOONS does is wrong so this is wrong, and you all should feel bad.
[/quote]"No one could act on behalf of the GOONS and speak of it being in 'good conscience'. To act on behalf of the GOONS is to be in the wrong by definition." - Captain Flinders

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1288281528' post='2495242']
"No one could act on behalf of the GOONS and speak of it being in 'good conscience'. To act on behalf of the GOONS is to be in the wrong by definition." - Captain Flinders
[/quote]
That's what I meant to say. I just made a typo.

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1288262494' post='2495080']
Well, if it isn't dear old Mike. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Sounds like you two have some history. :P

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1288265191' post='2495095']
You won't get off a fourth time.
[/quote]

This I'd like to stress. And I believe Methrage has gotten the message, seeing as how he was informed of such circumstances and readily admitted realization of such circumstances.

The terms do of course grant GOONS the right to drag out the payment period if they wish, but I doubt they will repeat the mistake they made with NATO.
[/quote]

The terms as offered to and accepted by Methrage stipulate that five of his six slots are to be used for the tech deals at all times.

Is the rest of Kerberos Nexus to be granted peace as well?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1288283483' post='2495275']
Attn GOONS:

This goes against the narrative so many have worked so hard to create, please stop and resume your evil ways.
[/quote]

But.. but.. we're bringing back tech farms, 'member? B-)

(But not really.)

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1288265191' post='2495095']
$3m/150 deals are only marginally profitable (around 15% if done correctly)
[/quote]
That's true... for standard nations with no bonuses.

Methrage however gets the following discounts on technology:
Universities: -20%
Great University: -10%
National Research Lab: -3%
Space Program: -3%

Also until recently he had Gold and Microchips.

[/quote]

Remember that time Methrage had to write 400 words as part of a mercy board term, then refused to do it and subsequently complained about it writing more than 400 words in the same thread?
I guess you don't...