Imperial Announcement from the New Polar Order

Dajobo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1287638048' post='2489435']
I tend to agree with this sentiment. Considering that he served as Emperor Sponge's Regent and was the heir apparent before being denied his right to the throne I believe his style is more reminiscent of that era than anything that has existed since.

But, Emperor Random is an independent thinker and he has a strong will and mighty resolve. He will chart his own path.
[/quote]

Yeah, especially since Random was in tLC helping ES, I think he's definitely of a similar CN mindset. It could end up a really good ride as long as he doesn't overdo it :D

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1287629940' post='2489254']
As a man possessed of a arrogance, anger, antagonism, insensible aggression, and a general lack of wit, Random is indeed the epitome of what it is to be Polar.

Yeesh. For all of his unpleasant qualities, at least Electron Sponge had brains. This should be interesting.
[/quote]
[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1287630062' post='2489261']
I wonder how much of the praise in this thread will actually be genuine. I imagine there will be a lot of snickering done behind hands tonight.
[/quote]

[img]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/asdqwerarfsd23123/freight.jpg[/img]

I don't understand how simply planning to form your own alliance, while still in Polar, is treason. :huh: At least you're not going after them, I suppose. I hope CF haven't been labelled traitors to Polaris, but I suppose it's not my place to decide that.

Good luck to Random. And for your interest, Crymson, I mean that sincerely. There are interesting times ahead.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1287640113' post='2489501']
I don't understand how simply planning to form your own alliance, while still in Polar, is treason. :huh: At least you're not going after them, I suppose. I hope CF haven't been labelled traitors to Polaris, but I suppose it's not my place to decide that.

Good luck to Random. And for your interest, Crymson, I mean that sincerely. There are interesting times ahead.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They were gov honey... put into a position of trust. And they violated that trust of the Body Republic by planning to splinter off Polaris and taking our members with them. Although I don't entirely agree with the Emperor's decision to let them be, I will support his decision 100%. However, they will always be labeled traitors in my black book.

PK[/color]

Edited by Panic King

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1287642826' post='2489548']
Didn't you get caught spying on polar a while back? Or do I have the names wrong?
[/quote]

Are you thinking of Ursarkar? If memory serves, Askani left Polar for NPO around the time of the Sponge coup.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Panic King' timestamp='1287640731' post='2489515']
[color="#0000FF"]They were gov honey... put into a position of trust. And they violated that trust of the Body Republic by planning to splinter off Polaris and taking our members with them. Although I don't entirely agree with the Emperor's decision to let them be, I will support his decision 100%. However, they will always be labeled traitors in my black book.

PK[/color]
[/quote]

So government members cannot resign from their posts and leave the alliance? It's a case of "stay in the alliance or else"? Besides which not everyone in CF was a government member.

meh. I guess splinter alliances are always a touchy issue. I had wondered why Polar's score had dropped so much lately- I wish you well moving on.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1287646191' post='2489568']So government members cannot resign from their posts and leave the alliance? It's a case of "stay in the alliance or else"? Besides which not everyone in CF was a government member.[/quote]

The taboo is against beginning to form the alliance and recruiting people for it while still being a member; people - non-government members - have been expelled from Polar and ZIed in the past for doing so. To what extent the people involved were doing it covertly and how much organizing they had done depends on who you talk to.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1287646464' post='2489572']
The taboo is against beginning to form the alliance and recruiting people for it while still being a member; people - non-government members - have been expelled from Polar and ZIed in the past for doing so. To what extent the people involved were doing it covertly and how much organizing they had done depends on who you talk to.
[/quote]

Ah, that makes more sense, but even so... I mean, if they were mass-messaging Polar members to join their alliance, then that would be bad, and they should be ZIed. But if it's just a couple of friends who they think might be interested in forming an alliance, then even though it's recruiting, it's not that bad in my eyes. I suppose it is a violation of CN etiquette though.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1287646947' post='2489578']
Ah, that makes more sense, but even so... I mean, if they were mass-messaging Polar members to join their alliance, then that would be bad, and they should be ZIed. But if it's just a couple of friends who they think might be interested in forming an alliance, then even though it's recruiting, it's not that bad in my eyes. I suppose it is a violation of CN etiquette though.
[/quote]

I don't know enough of the details to be able to say one way or the other what exactly happened, so you're best off trying to get an explanation from Polar gov, at least if they're inclined to say any more than Dajobo already did in the OP. I expect the involved parties would differ in their portrayal of events, though.

Edited by Moridin