Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1286763279' post='2480867']
^ After Ninjas and FnKa kicked it off, I started a thread in our forums titled: "Wars on GOONS; Anyone up for a suicide run?" but it didn't go anywhere <_<
[/quote]
:wub: Silence

i miss being allied to you guys

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286915313' post='2482771']
:facepalm:

I don't know how many times I've facepalmed tonight. Pray this is the last one.
[/quote]

No, keep doing it. Maybe you'll jar loose whatever it is in your head that makes you create horrible propaganda.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286924796' post='2482950']
Wait, seriously? That is what the picture is supposed to say. Wow. You should take propaganda lessons from MK.

Also, your nation name is Syria? I preferred the previous user of that nation name, I must say.
[/quote]
Yes. Seriously Bob. What? Take propaganda lessons from MK? Lolno. Then it'd be even worse. After all, some of the alliances in Pandora's Box were allied to the shrooms. Still are, I'd say.

No idea who had this nation name before me but what the hell's that got to do with anything? You've lost your class completely.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1286925069' post='2482953']
No the art was just bad, if you were going for generic warning labels seen on boxes something more appropriate should have been used, like a warning sticker, this being CN, a radioactive warning label would have been pretty appropriate. Its a bloc, not a set of dinner plates, fragile was just a poor choice.
[/quote]
It's obviously a fragile bloc. Hell I'm surprised you got together in the first place. The notion that VE and FOK/iFOK would throw in with the likes of PC and GOONS really is distasteful. And to think I once had some respect for you guys...

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1286956053' post='2483397']
No, keep doing it. Maybe you'll jar loose whatever it is in your head that makes you create horrible propaganda.
[/quote]
PB members whining about propaganda. That was quick.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286958060' post='2483411']
[/quote]

Oh, no...we expect propaganda. It's the [i]quality[/i] of the propaganda that is important. You pasted some alliance names to a box and decided to use the oh-so-overused inspirational poster generator crap to piecemeal together a boring, unoriginal attempt at a humorous slam. Yes, we all are aware of the word 'fragile' being used on boxes. The fact you feel compelled to explain how your propaganda should be considered 'funny' means that you're feigning blindness to our superiour senses of humor. Work on it.

[quote]Take propaganda lessons from MK? Lolno. Then it'd be even worse. After all, some of the alliances in Pandora's Box were allied to the shrooms. Still are, I'd say.[/quote]
What? That makes no sense. MK was allied to some of our members, so they can't make good propaganda? :blink:

It's obviously a fragile bloc. Hell I'm surprised you got together in the first place. The notion that VE and FOK/iFOK would throw in with the likes of PC and GOONS really is distasteful. And to think I once had some respect for you guys...[/quote]
I am sure each and every member of Pandora's Box is now regretting the decision to form the bloc after hearing they have lost the respect of someone of your standing.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1286968803' post='2483502']
Oh, no...we expect propaganda. It's the [i]quality[/i] of the propaganda that is important. You pasted some alliance names to a box and decided to use the oh-so-overused inspirational poster generator crap to piecemeal together a boring, unoriginal attempt at a humorous slam. Yes, we all are aware of the word 'fragile' being used on boxes. The fact you feel compelled to explain how your propaganda should be considered 'funny' means that you're feigning blindness to our superiour senses of humor. Work on it.
[/quote]
What in the name of..

My propaganda was not meant to be funny, dear Nippy. It illustrates my opinion of PB in a simple image. Is that just too much for you to handle?

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286973652' post='2483529']
What? That makes no sense. MK was allied to some of our members, so they can't make good propaganda? :blink:
[/quote]
Oh for the love of...that's exactly my point. MK was/is allied to some of your members. Whatever propaganda they make is obviously going to be in your favour. That's not what I'm looking for, or haven't you figured that out yet?

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286975400' post='2483536']
I am sure each and every member of Pandora's Box is now regretting the decision to form the bloc after hearing they have lost the respect of someone of your standing.
[/quote]
Nah, they're too wrapped up in their own misguided hubris for that.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286983773' post='2483623']
My propaganda was not meant to be funny, dear Nippy. It illustrates my opinion of PB in a simple image. Is that just too much for you to handle?
[/quote]

Perhaps you've missed the fact that it made just about no sense to anyone. Propaganda is meant to convey something - anything really - which it didn't do without a full explanation.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286983857' post='2483625']
Seriously, some people are really getting worked up over one simple picture. It's not that big of a deal.
[/quote]

I wouldn't get so worked up over other peoples' reactions. ;)

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286983773' post='2483623']
What in the name of..

[/quote]

...and a "simple image", it was. People assumed it was supposed to be funny because it is [i]just that bad[/i].

I think [i]you're[/i] fragile. ^_^

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1286945246' post='2483266']
How can you love FOK but hate iFOK? Do non-Dutch speakers anger you that much?
[/quote]

there is much more of a difference between the alliances of FOK and iFOK than whether they speak Dutch or not.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1286947083' post='2483299']
i'm betting it's kriekfreak. maybe a few others, but he comes to mind.
[/quote]

he is part of it sure, but in general it has just been what they have done or tried to do. or at least the perception that their actions have given. and yes folks, perception has and always will be everything.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1286985974' post='2483646']
...and a "simple image", it was. People assumed it was supposed to be funny because it is [i]just that bad[/i].

I think [i]you're[/i] fragile. ^_^
[/quote]
I'm not the one that got worked up and moaned over a "simple image" that was "just that bad". ^_^

It's obviously a fragile bloc. Hell I'm surprised you got together in the first place. The notion that VE and FOK/iFOK would throw in with the likes of PC and GOONS really is distasteful. And to think I once had some respect for you guys...
[/quote]
Right. Because nearly all of the alliances in PB weren't already treatied. I too am surprised at this entirely new founding of political ties. This quite obviously renders the bloc fragile.

Yes. Seriously Bob. What? Take propaganda lessons from MK? Lolno. Then it'd be even worse. After all, some of the alliances in Pandora's Box were allied to the shrooms. Still are, I'd say.
[/quote]

Take propaganda lessons from MK? Hell yes. They make some of the best stuff around. Have for a long time.

[quote]It's obviously a fragile bloc. Hell I'm surprised you got together in the first place. The notion that VE and FOK/iFOK would throw in with the likes of PC and GOONS really is distasteful. And to think I once had some respect for you guys...
[/quote]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think its safe to say your grasp of international politics is shaky at best. Lets take your example of FOK and PC being together surprising you.

Would it shock you even more to know that prior to the bloc FOK and PC had a treaty? One that dates back to Mar 3, 2009.

[quote]
[/quote]

Bad propaganda just all around sucks, I think you'll find that if you make good propaganda, even if its aimed at us, we will still acknowledge the skill in creating it.

You didn't make good quality work. You had to explain your work. That kills it. Like any good joke, its no longer funny if it has to be explained. for example;

Why do so many math majors confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 is Dec 25.

Math majors are faceplaming over the pun, most others won't get it. So its not funny to them, if I have to explain it, they will understand, but it still won't be funny/entertaining.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1286989005' post='2483673']
I'm not the one that got worked up and moaned over a "simple image" that was "just that bad". ^_^
[/quote]

'worked up' and 'moaned'.

You attempted to insult our new bloc with an attempt at propaganda, and instead produced an accidental stain of liquid fecal matter on the underwear of Bob. Bob doesn't appreciate unclean undies. Bob gets worked up and moans, and those of us that maintain Bob's undies (namely those of us who give a $%&@ about intelligence, wit, and humor) prefer to change Bob's diet when required. Please mind the tightie-whities, bud.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1286996344' post='2483750']
Why do so many math majors confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 is Dec 25.

Math majors are faceplaming over the pun, most others won't get it. So its not funny to them, if I have to explain it, they will understand, but it still won't be funny/entertaining.
[/quote]

Not a math major, but I got a kick out of it anyway. :lol1:

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1286998290' post='2483768']
'worked up' and 'moaned'.

You attempted to insult our new bloc with an attempt at propaganda, and instead produced an accidental stain of liquid fecal matter on the underwear of Bob. Bob doesn't appreciate unclean undies. Bob gets worked up and moans, and those of us that maintain Bob's undies (namely those of us who give a $%&@ about intelligence, wit, and humor) prefer to change Bob's diet when required. Please mind the tightie-whities, bud.
[/quote]

He accuses you of getting worked up and moaning, and your response is to deny it and then moan and whine even more?