Ninja Election Announcement

nutkase

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1285739077' post='2467887']
Yes I am aware there's far more then one option in that regard. I was in Vox Populi you know, I recognize that some people are trying to wage the same kind of PR battle that Vox waged against NPO against GOONS. Yet here is a person telling me that GOONS are cowards because our friends are helping us. Now I do not understand his logical, help = cowards, really? Does it now? Since when has friends helping friends been deemed a cowardly act?
[/quote]

The point is that you know that your friends will come to your rescue so you go around making inflammatory comments fully expecting your allies to back you up if, god forbid, someone actually takes you up on your offer. That is a cowardly act.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1285739279' post='2467899']
I have a question, will GOONS ask for sanctions or they consider The Ninjas an alliance?
[/quote]For the record, and I am not a government member so this isn't official, but sanctions on The Ninjas are doubtful at this time.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1285739177' post='2467891']
That must hurt coming from GPA.
[/quote]

Indeed. As the only legitimate member of the GPA government, it is our official position that GOONS are cowards, for reasons pertaining to their calling on allies to defend them against a 10 nation alliance.

Signed
Sal Paradise
Green Protection Agency Director of Nuclear Proliferation

I have a question, will GOONS ask for sanctions or they consider The Ninjas an alliance?
[/quote]
If they go to that level, it's an all-time low. They are free to do what they wish, but that is pure desperation. Plus, sparks haven't even tried.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'll say now that I'll be working to see that there will be no sanctions placed by any brown senator. I for one recognize the Ninjas as an alliance, and this as an alliance war. Any use of sanctions would be a gross abuse of the power and trust given to our senators, and I will not have it.[/color]

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1285739433' post='2467909']
I can say with much confidence that GOONS is truly doomed :smug:

Also, where are all the PC and MK DoWs? I don't see any; should I be expecting them?
[/quote]

I was hoping for those, but I guess we'll wait.

"Dear GOONS, we are going to attack you and you should just let us attack you and keep it between us. We will deal out a pretty substantial amount of damage to you and aren't really planning on surviving this, so we don't care about our nations. You should tell your allies to stay out so we can hurt you more than we would if they came in. Them coming in would really ruin our ability to inflict max damage on you, so please, keep them out."

What everyone in this thread who wants GOONS to 1v1 them is basically saying.

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1285739282' post='2467900']
Examples please. Don't just throw out accusations.
[/quote]

Do you not attack individual nations and alliances without a CB or in fact a DOW? I think I can go through your war history and come up with numerous examples. And of course, the justification for this is that "they are not recognized alliances". This is an acceptable act while responding to overtly belligerent comments is a "dangerous precedent"?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1285739214' post='2467896']
And yet the "we're innocent" card is still played.
[/quote]
Define innocence. I'd say we didn't do anything worthy of an attack, but I'm not going to begrudge The Ninjas' right to do so.

Edit: punctuation is important!

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285737690' post='2467814']
When any other alliance works with their allies to deal with a threat, they're applauded for having developed such good friendships.

When we work with our allies to deal with threats, we are cowards.

Ok I think I'm starting to get this logic you guys like to use.
[/quote]

Don't try and twist this. You can wiggle all you want; but I hope you understand that the more you wiggle, the worse it is for you.

You know very well what this is about, don't try to play the victim.

Bringing in help ok I get it, tactically it makes sense since they are top tier nations and you have smaller nations. But when the help you bring in out numbers your nations doing the fighting that's not help that's watching your allies doing the heavy lifting for you. That is like me asking a buddy for backup fighting a big dude and then saying, "okay when you knock him down I'll kick him and then say I beat him up." :P

You know, to be totally fair, GOONS have a point here. I mean, what are allies for? They stand beside you, even when you don't directly ask them to. Whether or not GOONS went to PC/MK and asked for military support is another story. I can say personally that, should FEAR ever find itself under attack, Europa would jump in to defend as soon as we saw the DoW. That's just the way close allies roll.

Stop hating on GOONS for having allies. There is plenty to hate on them for as is.

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1285739532' post='2467911']
"Dear GOONS, we are going to attack you and you should just let us attack you and keep it between us. We will deal out a pretty substantial amount of damage to you and aren't really planning on surviving this, so we don't care about our nations. You should tell your allies to stay out so we can hurt you more than we would if they came in. Them coming in would really ruin our ability to inflict max damage on you, so please, keep them out."

[/quote]
I think people are saying you guys should post your own DoW if you're really a separate alliance from GOONS which people should recognize as such. If a war with one of you guys automatically puts someone in a state of war with all of you, then you might as well merge into the same alliance.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285739566' post='2467912']
Do you not attack individual nations and alliances without a CB or in fact a DOW? I think I can go through your war history and come up with numerous examples. And of course, the justification for this is that "they are not recognized alliances". This is an acceptable act while responding to overtly belligerent comments is a "dangerous precedent"?
[/quote]We are not the first alliance to tech raid, nor will we be the last.

People just can't help but be fascinated by us, and I suppose we should be flattered.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285739677' post='2467916']
Define innocence. I'd say we didn't do anything worthy of an attack, but I'm not going to begrudge The Ninjas' right to do so.

Edit: punctuation is important!
[/quote]

In this case, "innocence" would be your repeated claims that Ninja's do not have justification to attack you. Which, as just about anyone who has looked through [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91676"]this guy[/url] right here knows, doesn't really qualify as innocent.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285740117' post='2467929']
I think people are saying you guys should post your own DoW if you're really a separate alliance from GOONS which people should recognize as such. If a war with one of you guys automatically puts someone in a state of war with all of you, then you might as well merge into the same alliance.
[/quote]It's called a "mutual defense pact", a concept that those of us familiar with the concept of diplomacy here should understand. See, a good ally with a mutual defense pact is expected to help when one of their friends is attacked, barring the event that the friend in question specifically requests they don't participate in the fight.

And why, in any logical world, would we?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285740117' post='2467929']
[/quote]

A DoW for what is in essence a grouping of rogues seems hardly necessary.

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1285739532' post='2467911']

[/quote]

Then maybe GOONS shouldn't run around asking for fights with 12 man AA's if they can't handle them. I mean sure the bulk of the Ninja's are in range of about 30 GOON nations and GOONS would outnumber them more than 3 to 1, but that's just not enough advantage it would seem.

It would be differnt imo if GOONS hadn't specfically went out of their way to ask for this fight over several days.