The Ninjas Announcement

Ejayrazz

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ejay. Was the reason for the query though to see what I knew or was that sincere? At least you are doing something about it, instead of those.. others.

Also, CASUALTIESSSSSS :smug:

Also #2, I stole a warslot of you GOONS, sorry.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285735517' post='2467683']
I come here today to sadly say we no longer are allied with VE. Our first allies and only allies, we will always hold you in the highest esteem. I do not care what anyone says, does, or feels, we still consider you brothers despite the paperless trail.
[/quote]

This is very funny, considering you blatantly lied to them several days ago when they asked you if you were going to attack GOONS. With friends like these...

Anyway, good job on creating some drama, it's what Planet Bob needs.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285742950' post='2468026']
You're right, we didn't think you would, but you did. So kudos for that. Not going to talk bad about you for that. [b]If there's anything I can't talk bad about it's people putting up instead of shutting up. There are still a LOT of people who will talk bad about GOONS all day long but never do anything about it, always waiting for someone else to.[/b][emphasis added]...I don't know why anyone is surprised our allies chipped in, whether you believe we asked them to or not. Every thread about us has this argument so you should really stop being surprised by the outcome.[/quote]
Let me lay this out there, guys: those of you who insist on making the most asinine arguments as to why GOONS are evil in regards to their handling of wars are absolutely ridiculous. As someone who personally wasn't a big fan of GOONS for historical reasons, even I can see that you guys don't have a leg to stand on. If you want to vilify GOONS, please start using different arguments, because these old ones are stale and were pretty craptacular to begin with. [i](Fernando12, Alterego, I'm looking at you.)[/i]

To be honest, this seems like a pretty universal win-win situation to me. Ninjas is glad to be taking the fight to GOONS over their lack of respect, GOONS seems to be happy that someone is actually attacking them with nukes instead of grade school playground name-calling. And GOONS allies are happy to have nations in range to practice on. Really, the people with the most room to complain are Viridians, and personally I have no idea what to think of all this. What's bad is that the stupid commentary bothers me far more than the confusing situation that spawned it.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1285738319' post='2467854']
Why? Because wars are decided in the high NS ranges. It is the reason why alliances like Umbrella, TOP and MK are (generally) successful despite having less nations. It makes no sense to throw away all of your high NS nations when others are more than willing to join in.
[/quote]
This is an interesting belief, based on the fact that most people in the high NS ranges are infra-huggers who aren't willing to fight extended wars where they have a significant chance of taking losses.

So far it's held up; most alliances have proven willing to surrender when their large nations start whining. I'm not sure this pattern will hold in the future, especially considering the large number of alliances out there who don't need their huge nations for foreign aid purposes at all anymore.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285742950' post='2468026']
At some point we're going to have about 50 nuke nations in eternal war with us below 10k. That should be a good breaking-in for our newbies.
[/quote]
Planning for eternal war already? Man.

Ninjas launched 19 wars for 11 nations, pretty decent blitz. Surprised none of the wars came around the 10:59 pm mark though, that will help preserve their targets' infrastructure. GOONS countered with six wars, including one each from Biazt, ktarthan and Beefspari, and two from Sardonic, and GOONS allies countered with 16 wars.

[quote name='TakeruImpulse' timestamp='1285742708' post='2468021']
Or, our allies love us enough (and know we love war enough) to watch for signs of war. I'm sorry you don't get to feel that kind of love, Hal.
[/quote]

I hope when your disbandment announcement comes that NPO admits you quickly. Your script reading ability is so natural I almost can't believe you aren't already a Pacifican.

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1285760967' post='2468179']
To be honest, this seems like a pretty universal win-win situation to me. Ninjas is glad to be taking the fight to GOONS over their lack of respect, GOONS seems to be happy that someone is actually attacking them with nukes instead of grade school playground name-calling. And GOONS allies are happy to have nations in range to practice on. [/quote]

Actually I believe that The Ninjas hoped that GOONS would have the courage not to call out their most powerful allies for a fight--something that with all due respect to Ejay was always going to happen. If GOONS is happy, it is because they are snickering because they got another one suckered in to the meat grinder. I'll reserve commentary on the GOONS allies, simply because moving in to curbstomp an 11 member alliance doesn't improve your image.

[quote]Really, the people with the most room to complain are Viridians, and personally I have no idea what to think of all this.[/quote]

This comes to mind, from a play written many years ago, a copy of which resides in the University of New Jerusalem Library...

[i] Gen. Lo you! here she comes. This is her very guise; and, upon my life, fast asleep. Observe her; stand close.
Doct. How came she by that light?
Gen. Why, it stood by her: she has light by her continually; ’tis her command.
Doct. You see, her eyes are open.
Gen. Ay, but their sense is shut.
Doct. What is it she does now? Look, how she rubs her hands.
Gen. It is an accustomed action with her, to seem thus washing her hands. I have known her to continue in this a quarter of an hour.
Lady M. Yet here’s a spot.
Doct. Hark! she speaks. I will set down what comes from her, to satisfy my remembrance the more strongly.
Lady M. Out, damned spot! out, I say! One; two: why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky! Fie, my lord, fie! a soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account? Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him?[/i]

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1285759834' post='2468170']
This is very funny, considering you blatantly lied to them several days ago when they asked you if you were going to attack GOONS. With friends like these...

[/quote]

And if I told them, I would have put my allies in a severely awkward position. This is why people need to stop allying with 12 people at a time. As I said countless times, if I allied Fok and they were going to hit VE, I honestly wouldn't want to know because in either scenario someone is going to be offended by our decision with said information. Besides, it was an ODP partner. Let's be real here.

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285765526' post='2468221']
Besides, it was an ODP partner. Let's be real here.
[/quote]
Oh okay, if it's only your allies' ODP partner, it's perfectly fine to declare war on them with tenuous at best reasons.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285737583' post='2467808']
I found two, but the third was, indeed, a good enough ninja to evade detection.
[/quote]
And by 'a good ninja' you mean 'a nation who didn't care enough to use his aid slots'.

Unless he actually switched his AA every time he participate in an aid exchange for the past 10 days, or used secret aid including that which he was receiving. In which case, kudos.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1285759834' post='2468170']

[/quote]

When it came down to it, I think we discussed more about the treaty with VE then we did organizing hitting GOONS. VE have treated us with nothing less then respect and friendship, we did not want to place them in a position of knowing our intent and having the dilemma of telling GOONS or not. So we brought it on ourself not to tell them so they do not get caught playing piggy in the middle between us and GOONS.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285766292' post='2468227']
Oh okay, if it's only your allies' ODP partner, it's perfectly fine to declare war on them with tenuous at best reasons.
[/quote]

Also considering you had no information sharing act under you ODP, so in the end does not matter if VE knew or not.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1285768652' post='2468250']VE have treated us with nothing less then respect and friendship, we did not want to place them in a position of knowing our intent and having the dilemma of telling GOONS or not. So we brought it on ourself not to tell them so they do not get caught playing piggy in the middle between us and GOONS.
[/quote]
...so VE might have had to defend you guys against the cowardly curbstompers who've bandwaggoned in on an already incredibly one-sided war, thus igniting a big fat treaty chain war that would spread to a big chunk of CN as a whole. All because GOONS apparently cant stand on it's own and their friends will bandwagon any possible curbstomp they can get.

I find that commendable of you.
Too bad GOONS lacks the sack to do the same.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285765526' post='2468221']
And if I told them, I would have put my allies in a severely awkward position. This is why people need to stop allying with 12 people at a time. As I said countless times, if I allied Fok and they were going to hit VE, I honestly wouldn't want to know because in either scenario someone is going to be offended by our decision with said information. Besides, it was an ODP partner. Let's be real here.
[/quote]

Besides you had no real CB and did this just to satisfy your ego. Let's be real here.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1285737532' post='2467803']
Please link me to where I said that GOONS make people declare wars on them, I just stated that VE lost an ally because of GOONS and if you use your precious logic you'll see that's true.
[/quote]
VE lost an ally because of GOONS that it clearly would have lost anyway. It seems that Ninjas were going to attack GOONS anyway and I don't think VE would have joined them in a banzai charge over this so I imagine the treaty would have been canceled anyway, either to protect VE from following its obligations or simply because of the direness of the situation.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1285768859' post='2468256']
Also considering you had no information sharing act under you ODP, so in the end does not matter if VE knew or not.
[/quote]
So you lied to them for no reason then? Classy.

[quote name='mrcalkin' timestamp='1285770442' post='2468283']
And yet you all act surprised

every

single

time
[/quote]

Trust me, no one here is surprised GOONS acts tough then has their allies help them out whether by asking or not. Maybe you're having fun, but there is definitely a sense in GOONS that they need you guys to write off their blank checks.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1285735877' post='2467703']
OOC: Shen is a better ninja and he only has one ninja-ish move.

IC: That doesn't make you a good ninja.
[/quote]
OOC: Shen is a tank ninja, meant to [b]take damage[/b], not to deal it or hide.
IC: Ninjutsu has a way of masking things into something completely different from what they are. (things don't appear as they should)
You sure this isn't just what we want you to see? :smug:

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1285736091' post='2467716']
Ninjas > Pirates

Also, sad to hear about your relationship with VE ending, VE is a good bunch.
[/quote]
The relationship continues, even if it has to stay one sided :P
(though, reading VE's posts, I doubt it will.)

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1285737040' post='2467778']
Wow, those must have been some powerful, powerful jibes to cause an entire micro-AA to mass-rogue us.
[/quote]
Rogue? This is a RAID! >_>

[quote name='TakeruImpulse' timestamp='1285737812' post='2467822']
Pretty sure logic leads any rational person to the same conclusion (I.E. not yours); The Ninjas declared war on GOONS of their own free will, GOONS did not force them to, therefore VE lost an ally due to The Ninjas' actions.
[/quote]
War? This is RAID! >_>
and yeah, GOONS might not have forced us, but they sure brought it up for themselves ;)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285764138' post='2468205']
Actually I believe that The Ninjas hoped that GOONS would have the courage not to call out their most powerful allies for a fight--something that with all due respect to Ejay was always going to happen. If GOONS is happy, it is because they are snickering because they got another one suckered in to the meat grinder. I'll reserve commentary on the GOONS allies, simply because moving in to curbstomp an 11 member alliance doesn't improve your image.
[/quote]
We didn't.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285766292' post='2468227']
Oh okay, if it's only your allies' ODP partner, it's perfectly fine to [s]declare war[/s]raid on them with tenuous at best reasons.
[/quote]
*fixed

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1285770194' post='2468277']
VE lost an ally because of GOONS that it clearly would have lost anyway. It seems that Ninjas were going to attack GOONS anyway and I don't think VE would have joined them in a banzai charge over this so I imagine the treaty would have been canceled anyway, either to protect VE from following its obligations or simply because of the direness of the situation.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Ninjas have existed for months now. Don't act like they came into being for the simple purpose of hitting GOONS. They had been quite content to sit quietly and peacefully, until GOONS got the idea in its head to go harass and threaten the Ninjas because of the opinions held by some of its members. You may say "but it was only joking, besides that's not a CB on my precious GOONS!", but the fact remains GOONS brought this on themselves. They thought they could ruffle some of Ninja's feathers for a quick laugh, as they do with so many other alliances. They messed with wrong alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1285770778' post='2468289']
[color="#0000FF"]Ninjas have existed for months now. Don't act like they came into being for the simple purpose of hitting GOONS. They had been quite content to sit quietly and peacefully, until GOONS got the idea in its head to go harass and threaten the Ninjas because of the opinions held by some of its members. You may say "but it was only joking, besides that's not a CB on my precious GOONS!", but the fact remains GOONS brought this on themselves. They thought they could ruffle some of Ninja's feathers for a quick laugh, as they do with so many other alliances. They messed with wrong alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

Considering they're the ones who finally decided to "do something about it", it looks like we messed with the right one.