The Ninjas Announcement

Ejayrazz

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285805940' post='2468969']
I gave you the respect I thought you deserved for acting. Just don't think there's any need to have 8 threads about the same thing. "Post a DoW! Post a DoW! Post a DoW!" is just childish.
[/quote]
Have a unified one, all four of you. ;)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure why there is a push for a DoW. It's commom courtesy and not doing it was frowned heavily upon in the past by several alliances not posting one now. But I guess they kinda posted one when they clicked the Declare War button in game.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285789455' post='2468579']
The sooner people realize that us and our allies (and ourselves, PC and Umbrella in particular) form a single cohesive fighting force with balance in each NS range, the better.

Fight one of us and you fight all of us. That's just the way it goes. And none of us would have it any other way.
[/quote]

:awesome:

GGAAGGOOONS

I love you guys.

Edit: Psst: Federal Aid Commissions.... you need 'em.

Edited by HalfEmpty

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285806766' post='2468985']
I am not sure why there is a push for a DoW. It's commom courtesy and not doing it was frowned heavily upon in the past by several alliances not posting one now. But I guess they kinda posted one when they clicked the Declare War button in game.
[/quote]

Declarations of War are part of the pagentry of warfare withing the 'verse, as far as I understand, and also legitimize a conflict. I would suspect it also shows respect for the opponent and respectability on the part of the alliance taking to the field, plus it's a fantastic opportunity to toss out some fine language, strut the stuff and use the big shiny alliance war flag.

Frankly, it's always cooler to see a string of war declarations hit the open world forum than the endless bickering back and forth within one or two threads which becomes ann impossible morass of words to sort through.

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1285809421' post='2469035']
Declarations of War are part of the pagentry of warfare withing the 'verse, as far as I understand, and also legitimize a conflict. I would suspect it also shows respect for the opponent and respectability on the part of the alliance taking to the field, plus it's a fantastic opportunity to toss out some fine language, strut the stuff and use the big shiny alliance war flag.

Frankly, it's always cooler to see a string of war declarations hit the open world forum than the endless bickering back and forth within one or two threads which becomes ann impossible morass of words to sort through.
[/quote]

Yep, seconding this.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285805350' post='2468960']
By no Dows? I am very surprised. And yes, Goons stated they didn't hide behind their allies. Apparently you do. :) Nothing wrong with that, it's quite normal.
[/quote]

Thirteen pages and still resorting to this tired argument. You are a moron of the highest calibre if you think we're "hiding" behind our allies. Honestly, this thread disgusts me.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285815730' post='2469159']
Thirteen pages and still resorting to this tired argument. You are a moron of the highest calibre if you think we're "hiding" behind our allies. Honestly, this thread disgusts me.
[/quote]
Oh the injustice. Sorry, I just don't take your word as I've heard several stories. ;)

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1285787726' post='2468553']
Take it from one who knows how this works. MK, Umbrella, and PC could give a rats ass about GOONS. The only reason they are helping you with every little war that comes your way is to keep you healthy to fight for a cause of theirs when the time comes. If GOONS was to fight one of these wars they start by talking smack on their own, and lost their mid-tier NS your allies would have no use for you.
[/quote]
No, that's not the reason.

It's to preserve their tech seller base. GOONS does export quite alot of tech.

[quote name='mrcalkin' timestamp='1285788329' post='2468566']
How many wars does Umbrella go around picking? Do you seriously think we are friends with GOONS just so they can be our meat shields?
[/quote]
No, you're ex-Citadel. You're not motivated by the desire for meatshields, you want tech sellers.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285794581' post='2468688']
Like it's my idea. None of the people who attack us are interested in peace or resolution. [b]nutkase already posted that they absolutely will not ever stop[/b], nor will they pay a cent in reps. So it's not our fault if the war lasts forever, unless we're obligated to white peace with everyone who attacks us.
[/quote]
No, he didn't. Try and find a quote, it's not there.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285794988' post='2468699']
We seek justice, where is the justice in letting debts go unpaid?
[/quote]
Sovereign nations do not incur debts in war.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1285824751' post='2469434']
No, that's not the reason.

It's to preserve their tech seller base. GOONS does export quite alot of tech.

No, you're ex-Citadel. You're not motivated by the desire for meatshields, you want tech sellers.
[/quote]

Yeah it's impossible they actually like each other and enjoy helping each other out. Everything is a conspiracy and must be broken down to its logical core.

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1285825517' post='2469446']
Yeah it's impossible they actually like each other and enjoy helping each other out. Everything is a conspiracy and must be broken down to its logical core.
[/quote]
Having dealt with a number of former Citadel alliances, it is clear that liking people is not a necessity - or even particularly desirable - for signing treaties with them.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1285825852' post='2469453']
Having dealt with a number of former Citadel alliances, it is clear that liking people is not a necessity - or even particularly desirable - for signing treaties with them.
[/quote]
So your experience means [i]literally nobody[/i] can be friends and [i]all[/i] treaties are for tech and stuff. Gotcha.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1285762894' post='2468197']
I hope when your disbandment announcement comes that NPO admits you quickly. Your script reading ability is so natural I almost can't believe you aren't already a Pacifican.
[/quote]

Script reading? This is pure improv, baby. Coming up with pre-determined responses is for lesser nation leaders.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285825930' post='2469456']
So your experience means [i]literally nobody[/i] can be friends and [i]all[/i] treaties are for tech and stuff. Gotcha.
[/quote]
No, they have friends, but they prefer not to sign treaties with them. That's just what I've seen.

When Citadel disbanded, it was the third-oldest MDP+ bloc on the planet. It wasn't founded on good friends and great times, but statistics. You can always tell what a Citadel person is thinking by following the numbers.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1285826393' post='2469465']
No, they have friends, but they prefer not to sign treaties with them. That's just what I've seen.

When Citadel disbanded, it was the third-oldest MDP+ bloc on the planet. It wasn't founded on good friends and great times, but statistics. You can always tell what a Citadel person is thinking by following the numbers.
[/quote]
Where is that damn sig...ah, there it is:
[img]http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/LJ_Scott/Umbrellacaresaswell.png[/img]
:v:

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1285830073' post='2469501']
My relationship with GOONS is strictly business. Occasionally they might ask me questions such as "How is your girlfriend?" or have outbursts such as "I wants some watermelon!" I discourage this immediately and remind them that I have the number of their parole officer.
[/quote]It's true. :(

[size="1"]please don't call mr. richardson on me[/size]