In Response to Recent Drama

Would it have been hard to stand by your ally - they dont want you to intervene any way - until after the conflict is over? maybe send some aid after or at least part on better terms? Seems sort of cowerdly to drop them on such an insane technicality.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So even though NSO isn't calling on their allies, you still figure you need to find some silly, even imagined loophole to cancel the treaty after a war has begun. Lest the distant chance you might have to shed an ounce or two of blood become a reality.

Cowardice if I ever saw it. Wow. Good job on proving you still deserve the title of Worst Alliance Ever. After all these years, nothing has changed.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281333261' post='2406745']
Same with sitting by and watching your treaty partner get beat down.
[/quote]
Second time in a row.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1281332874' post='2406720']
So they broke the treaty by...being attacked?

What?
[/quote]

They broke the treaty by committing what amounted to an aggressive action and not even asking us about it.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281332889' post='2406721']
Does this mean Pacifica can finally attack GATO?
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with our allies in Pacifica.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1281332988' post='2406728']
So you're upset because a few gossiping allies were able to give you more information quicker? Sounds fishy, like some of this whole thing was thought out ahead of time.
[/quote]

Or that the people who told us they'd support us no matter what path we took: VE, ODN, Athens, and even our little protectorate ICAN told us important info we needed to know. While we were an after thought to NSO.

[/quote]

So you've got something against alliances agreeing to grant NSO their wish of not becoming involved?

NSO could have requested help, and if they had, without a doubt help would be there, but they they didn't, in fact they explicitly asked their treaty partners to become involved. I really don't see what your trying to say.

That they should ignore the requests of their friends?

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1281332601' post='2406705']
So does your cancellation clause have a time limit on it?
[/quote]
Apparently cowardice has no time limits.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281332777' post='2406715']
This was considered, but when I have three allies and people just hearing through the rumor mill what's going on telling me that NSO and RoK are going at it, before I heard anything from NSO it ticks me off.

No cancellation clause needed NSO broke the treaty so it became void.
[/quote]
This is one treaty I could really care less about losing for NSO. The treaty quite honestly was worthless because at any point when war breaks out GATO would play survivalist and find a way out of the treaty. Its an ugly fact. NSO is on the smaller side of the web so why would GATO ever honor the treaty unless things changed. The treaty was for show really.

Its no wonder there was a mass exodus from GATO recently.

Edited by Fernando12

[/quote]

We'd have already rolled if our allies (NSO) wouldn't have requested that we not.

Nice try though. Pass me a stone. :D

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281333462' post='2406751']
They broke the treaty by committing what amounted to an aggressive action and not even asking us about it.
[/quote]

So accepting a member and refusing to throw him out without first talking about it is aggressive action?

Aid aside, which they've admitted was a mistake, all they've done is stand by their principles, and you won't stand by them as a result. Says alot about how much honor GATO has, not that I'm surprised in the least.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1281333557' post='2406757']
Considering Hoo pretty much told Heft "You committed what we see as an act of war" and NSO didn't say a thing to GATO, I'm not about to shed any tears.
[/quote]
They did tell them about it. But apparently it wasn't quick enough for GATO, so they used it as an excuse to cancel.

Or that the people who told us they'd support us no matter what path we took: VE, ODN, Athens, and even our little protectorate ICAN told us important info we needed to know. While we were an after thought to NSO.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Afterthought? You know that is rubbish. We told you as soon as we got back on. After an early morning rush you can hardly fault us for forgetting certain things. It was late, and we were exhausted. We told GATO first once we were available.

Furthermore, you know GATO was agreed by Lint and I to be the forefront of our recent policy. Just figured I'd say that.

Either way, you heard it from uninvolved parties, but still, we wanted to sleep. Things slipped our mind. We were trying to resolve a situation and told you as soon as we could. We told you before anyone else. You cannot blame us for being slower than the grapevine, especially when the grapevine isn't the one dealing with several dozen queries or about to get rolled.[/color]

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281333477' post='2406752']
That they should ignore the requests of their friends?
[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281333572' post='2406759']
We'd have already rolled if our allies (NSO) wouldn't have requested that we not.

Nice try though. Pass me a stone. :D
[/quote]
Didn't TPF request her allies stay out of it during the Blue Balls war?

Consider it passed.

The fact is that NSO violated a very basic and easily accomplished part of the treaty. The treaty requires that "The signatories agree to communicate with each other regarding any possible outside threats which may cause harm to one or both parties." The NSO violated this part of the treaty. The issue is not who the NSO is going to war with, why they are going to war, or even that they ARE at war. The issue is that they did not inform us of this at all. Instead, we were informed by multiple third parties who are our allies. For some reason the NSO did not feel like carrying out part of our treaty, despite the fact that all they would have to do would be to PM or query Omni, myself, or really any GATO government member. Therefore, they violated the treaty.

In short, we don't appreciate our allies not informing us that they're going to get attacked when it is clear that they knew long before we were told third hand. Ya, e-lawyering for the lose, but they DID break the treaty.

[/quote]
Are you kidding? How much did you expect them to cater to you? CD didn't know about this until about 25 minutes before RoK dow'd. Its not because CD was an after thought, its because there is a !@#$ ton of preparation that goes into a war you're only finding out about the day that its going to happen. And from what I can tell, thanks to RV, you guys knew well well before any of NSO's other allies. And not because your other allies told you, but because you were the FIRSTS to receive information from them.

Did you even talk about this with them? Ask them what took so long, talked to your supposed allies about how you felt like you'd been ignored? Of course not, because it is all too clear that your true motive was avoiding war in this.

PS: GATO asking anyone to do anything quickly is pure hypocrisy. You guys probably would have had to have an alliance-wide vote before giving NSO any important information.

Edited by Pyroman

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281333944' post='2406780']
The fact is that NSO violated a very basic and easily accomplished part of the treaty. The treaty requires that "The signatories agree to communicate with each other regarding any possible outside threats which may cause harm to one or both parties." The NSO violated this part of the treaty. The issue is not who the NSO is going to war with, why they are going to war, or even that they ARE at war. The issue is that they did not inform us of this at all. Instead, we were informed by multiple third parties who are our allies. For some reason the NSO did not feel like carrying out part of our treaty, despite the fact that all they would have to do would be to PM or query Omni, myself, or really any GATO government member. Therefore, they violated the treaty.

In short, we don't appreciate our allies not informing us that they're going to get attacked when it is clear that they knew long before we were told third hand. Ya, e-lawyering for the lose, but they DID break the treaty.
[/quote]
But you were informed.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281333936' post='2406779']
Didn't TPF request her allies stay out of it during the Blue Balls war?
[/quote]

Yes. Another stupid war that wasn't worthy of becoming a real one.

Thank you.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281333944' post='2406780']

[/quote]
I'm torn here cuz I really don't care that this treaty is now void because you would never honor it anyway. But the sheer lie that you are saying that NSO broke the treaty. I'm sure its what you need to say to yourself to make you feel better.

Sadly, you are now no better than Sparta. You cancel a treaty and go with the bigger side of the web.

[size="5"][center]#1 Survivalist = GATO[/center][/size]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281333862' post='2406774']
[color="#0000FF"]Afterthought? You know that is rubbish. We told you as soon as we got back on. After an early morning rush you can hardly fault us for forgetting certain things. It was late, and we were exhausted. We told GATO first once we were available.

Furthermore, you know GATO was agreed by Lint and I to be the forefront of our recent policy. Just figured I'd say that.

Either way, you heard it from uninvolved parties, but still, we wanted to sleep. Things slipped our mind. We were trying to resolve a situation and told you as soon as we could. We told you before anyone else. You cannot blame us for being slower than the grapevine, especially when the grapevine isn't the one dealing with several dozen queries or about to get rolled.[/color]
[/quote]

When I have to come to an NSO gov member that is online and when asking about what happened I get the response "lol" that don't sit well with me.