In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1281334117' post='2406795']
But you were informed.
[/quote]

With this, I cannot argue. We were informed, just not be the NSO. I do understand Rebel Virginia's position entirely. I do not, however, see why somebody else who was able to be online earlier couldn't have notified us. I am truly and sincerely sorry that it happened this way. I understand any anger and animosity coming from NSO or their allies towards GATO. Particularly from my friend Griff.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281333936' post='2406779']
Yes. [/quote]

I just don't agree with you there. However, I looked it up, I can't comment on other alliance's treaties, but since your directing your comments towards Roadie, a member of The Phoenix Federation, I thought I'd share with you the defense provision of the Treaty at Bakura, the Mutual Defense Pact between The Phoenix Federation and the New Sith Order

[quote]If another party takes aggressive action against one of the undersigned, the other shall be obligated to provide moral, diplomatic, financial, and military support [b]as requested. [/b][/quote]

Admit it, you just want a big war, and that would require NSO's allies coming in. NSO doesn't want to oblige your wish and bring in their friends. Thats their decision, and its admirable.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1281333936' post='2406779']
Didn't TPF request her allies stay out of it during the Blue Balls war?
[/quote]

Actually, I believe they did request help, however help was slow to arrive due to difficulties in planning the intricate strategy which would have been deployed.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281333944' post='2406780']
For some reason the NSO did not feel like carrying out part of our treaty, despite the fact that all they would have to do would be to PM or query Omni, myself, or really any GATO government member. Therefore, they violated the treaty.

Ya, e-lawyering for the lose...
[/quote]
I think they had enough on their plate at the time. It takes two to tango. Let me guess, you did not feel like asking them if anything was up, but that's okay, because getting away from obligations worked well last time.

Perhaps if you had canceled after the war was over, whether you joined or not, then people wouldn't be adding you to their "Do not treaty" list. Either way this announcement is a disaster.

Edited by Griff

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281334341' post='2406801']
I'm torn here cuz I really don't care that this treaty is now void because you would never honor it anyway. But the sheer lie that you are saying that NSO broke the treaty. I'm sure its what you need to say to yourself to make you feel better.

Sadly, you are now no better than Sparta. You cancel a treaty and go with the bigger side of the web.

[size="5"][center]#1 Survivalist = GATO[/center][/size]
[/quote]

Try to read the treaty next time. It's in the OP go back and take a look.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281334437' post='2406808']
With this, I cannot argue. We were informed, just not be the NSO. I do understand Rebel Virginia's position entirely. I do not, however, see why somebody else who was able to be online earlier couldn't have notified us. I am truly and sincerely sorry that it happened this way. I understand any anger and animosity coming from NSO or their allies towards GATO. Particularly from my friend Griff.
[/quote]
So which part of the treaty did they break when they, in fact, communicated to you that they were going to be attacked?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334401' post='2406807']
When I have to come to an NSO gov member that is online and when asking about what happened I get the response "lol" that don't sit well with me.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Would you care to elaborate about what that is about? I've not been made aware of any such incident.

And Sir Sci, there was no one else around. Both Heft and I left after hours of talking. The only thing on our minds at that point being sleep. When we had fresh minds waltzing over to GATO and letting you know was the first thing we did.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334539' post='2406817']
[/quote]

Try to be reasonable next time in your expectations of New Sith Order's providing you with information.

But then again, you didn't want to save this treaty anyway. Without doubt, you were looking to find a reason to cancel it, and so you used a reason to cancel it almost as weak as the reason for the ongoing war.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334401' post='2406807']
When I have to come to an NSO gov member that is online and when asking about what happened I get the response "lol" that don't sit well with me.
[/quote]
Your reasons just changed then? I believe that's called back pedaling...

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281334565' post='2406819']
So which part of the treaty did they break when they, in fact, communicated to you that they were going to be attacked?
[/quote]

At least a little bit of reading comprehension would be nice. I just said they DIDN'T inform us.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334539' post='2406817']
[/quote]
I did read it and it makes you, your alliance, and this announcement no less pathetic than Sparta.

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1281334772' post='2406839']
Wow GATO, I really was hoping you'd stick up for NSO. I'm disappointed in you. Who cancels a treaty when an alliance is attacked? Seriously?
[/quote]
And its not even we were asking them to come fight for us. We actually did the opposite.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281334680' post='2406831']
At least a little bit of reading comprehension would be nice. I just said they DIDN'T inform us.
[/quote]
You are literally an idiot. Your own AC has said in this very thread that NSO told him, but that it wasn't early enough. So yes, they DID communicate it to you.

Hey, remember that alliance that got war declared on it by people, and then one of their allies went OMG we don't wanna die lets make up some e-lawering thing and ditch them by saying the voided the treaty so we don't even have that annoying cancellation clause to work around? And remember the outrage and anger shown?

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1281334772' post='2406839']
Wow GATO, I really was hoping you'd stick up for NSO. I'm disappointed in you. Who cancels a treaty when an alliance is attacked? Seriously?
[/quote]

People who don't want to be dragged into a war with which they do not agree in order to look "honorable".

If you want to have your alliance rolled for "honor" be my guest. But please, don't assume everyone is willing to go into war to defend something with which they do not agree.

This makes me love GATO more than I already do.

If it is fact that NSO didn't ask for help, then GATO owes no help. NSO, in an effort to keep up their edgy facade, aided a nation going rogue on a sovereign alliance. That's an act of war, and if one of my allies did that, I would consider dropping them as well because only some idiot off their rocker would think that aiding a rogue is permissible, especially sanctioned by the highest members of government.

I'm guessing most of the people posting their indignation in here are looking for something to be indignant about. Granted, it has been pretty boring, but this isn't your fight.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281334680' post='2406831']
[/quote]
But RV just said that NSO did inform you! Now you people have me all confused... :(

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281334646' post='2406826']
Try to be reasonable next time in your expectations of New Sith Order's providing you with information.

But then again, you didn't want to save this treaty anyway. Without doubt, you were looking to find a reason to cancel it, and so you used a reason to cancel it almost as weak as the reason for the ongoing war.
[/quote]

Once again if many others can contact me about what's going on, but I'm not high enough on NSO's list to get around to something is wrong.