New CN World Map

Edifice

[quote name='Edifice' timestamp='1280630905' post='2396635']
Updated. [url="http://imgur.com/aSHuF.png"]http://imgur.com/aSHuF.png[/url]

CSN - I couldn't give you guys Denmark, but you got the Germany/SKorea.

MA - We keep missing each other in edits--I gave you guys the area you wanted specified in your picture.

Too many claims on Scandanavia; you guys had to share.

Need color please.
[/quote]

heh, that's fine FnKa wanted that area anyway

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Lost World will be claiming all of Hawaii plus the small island to the northwest of Hawaii (one of the Midway Islands I believe.) We also want the color #1874CD.

Cool idea by the way. :3

Edit: Since our NS is 925,713 and islands count as half territories, and 900k NS would technically give us 4 and 1/2 whole territories, that would equal 9 half territories, or 9 islands. That being the case, we would also like the island to the southwest of Hawaii as well (another Midway Island).

Re-Edit: Forgot that territories don't round up and such. <_< So just the original 8 islands (Hawaii plus that Northwestern Midway island). Thanks. >_>

Edited by Silver Empress

[quote name='dy Cazaril' timestamp='1280629665' post='2396607']
Good luck to all the latecomers who will end up with little chunks of Africa and Central Asia. :P
[/quote]

R&R (RnR) will take africa in orange please, 22 territories.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/5n52r.png[/IMG]

#FF7F00

Edited by EgoFreaky

Hmm, I'll stake my alliance's claim then. Créole is entitled to 7 territories if you're going by the 200K NS = 1 territory rule. So, 7 territories in Switzerland please. A shade of gray would be a preferred color, but it's not important.

[quote name='Edjaal' timestamp='1280634542' post='2396695']
edit: can't read earlier posts, will find another suitable territory

further edit: something on the equator, tropical island or whatever for Sol #CD8500
[/quote]

You wanted washington state for Sol right?

It should be fine--GOD requested that space earlier but afterward moved over to the Arabian peninsula.

I will put Sol down for washington state next update :)

Hmm, I don't know if there will be enough space on this map to include everyone.

It's roughly 1847 territories, and with a total of 458m nation strength around the world, one territory would be roughly equivalent to 250,000 NS (247 to be exact).

Which leaves the map short of enough territories to meet everyone's needs by about 20%.

Certainly, unaligned people might not be included - but the total NS of none is only 2.6m. You'd need to get quite a lot of small alliances not signing up in order to have enough space, and even then it is a squeeze.

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1280634128' post='2396688']
Hmm, I'll stake my alliance's claim then. Créole is entitled to 7 territories if you're going by the 200K NS = 1 territory rule. So, 7 territories in Switzerland please. A shade of gray would be a preferred color, but it's not important.
[/quote]

Or somewhere in the Caribbean for obvious reasons if that doesn't work out, we're quite flexible.

[quote]Certainly, unaligned people might not be included - but the total NS of none is only 2.6m. You'd need to get quite a lot of small alliances not signing up in order to have enough space, and even then it is a squeeze. [/quote]

I think if you tally up all the NS lurking in alliances that fall under 200k, plus all the NS lost due to rounding down over a couple hundred alliances, the 200k figure is safe.

Edited by PhysicsJunky

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1280635504' post='2396731']
To be honest, MHA should be Antarctica. I mean, yeah it's big, but it doesn't really do anything or matter in any way. :v:
[/quote]
This is a good point. I don't even see anything Chinese about MHA anyway.

Schad is too humble. BN wants the Faroe Islands as well as French Polynesia, and will only be willing to surrender its claim to Northern East Prussia after a cash payoff. :awesome:

I imagine The German Empire and Nordreich will be squabbling over the exact same territories.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1280637080' post='2396773']
I imagine The German Empire and Nordreich will be squabbling over the exact same territories.
[/quote]
At this point, Nordreich is going to have to settle for Austria and the Baltic states.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1280632576' post='2396658']
R&R will take africa in orange please, 22 territories.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/5n52r.png[/IMG]
[/quote]

Why would I want that? I want some coast line dammit! Where am I gonna have a beachfront getaway? I want at least Morocco.

Greenland Republic should be in Greenland but it's taken.

Also, the formula is bad. What if all land is taken and alliances increasse their NS even more?

You should have a database of all alliances who sign up. (All alliances have a chart which shows their total land too! Maybe use that in the formula instead of NS or score. Makes more sense.)
Then you take a total of the NS (land/score) and see how much each alliance has compared to the total NS (land/score). Then adjust the map.
use percentages not total NS/land/score.

Also, so the map wouldn't change drastically, each alliance should pick a "capital" that will always belong to said alliance. No 2 alliances can have the same capital then.

[quote name='theArrowheadian' timestamp='1280639877' post='2396813']
Why would I want that? I want some coast line dammit! Where am I gonna have a beachfront getaway? I want at least Morocco.
[/quote]
Look how many territories Morocco is though. You'd be far more efficient grabbing Western Sahara, and the lack of data it submits for various world surveys means you could get away with pretty much anything you want.

I agree with this putting NPO on the Pacific thing. It makes sense.

So Legion gets what, Bulgaria and Romania? Awesome.