A new opinion poll

magicninja

The GATO Opinion Poll  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A year a go I made an opinion poll on how people felt about GATO and where we were heading. You can see that thread and review your responses at: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64079&st=0

So how has GATO done in your opinon since that poll? Has your opinion of GATO stayed the same? improved? decreased?

Just looking for some input so I can see where we can improve and what people think we're doing right.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='GulagArchipelago' date='11 July 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1278879642' post='2367185']
MagicNinja is lame for creating this poll. 'Nough said.
[/quote]
Magic is the lamest lame to have ever lamed. For true. :P

-Kev

I am and remain a friend of the Global Alliance. Since the Viceroyship, we've built bonds of friendship that have transcended our historical animosities, and I think that GATO has made great progress since then.

[quote name='Cortath' date='11 July 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1278880235' post='2367196']
I am and remain a friend of the Global Alliance. Since the Viceroyship, we've built bonds of friendship that have transcended our historical animosities, and I think that GATO has made great progress since then.
[/quote]
If that's not political speak, I don't know what is.

o/ Cortath

Sorry MN, I'm afraid I don't know enough about gato to really make useful comments regarding alliance changes over time.

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1278880605' post='2367198']
but I'll always think of you guys and GGA as WAE. Yeah, two worse alliances ever.
[/quote]
Care to expand on that dear boy? enquiring minds would like to know how come GATO's tribulations and ultimate survival still warrant the WAE tag?

When I think GATO, I think of post GWI to GWIII GATO, one of the top 3, and a monstrosity wielding 1200 nations at one point. Today's GATO is a shadow of the GATO of ages past, and many of the legends who made her what she was have become just that-Legends, faded in to the mists of history, or dispersed throughout CN to lead lives of less importance. Still, I'll always have fond memories of GATO and the League fighting valiantly to maintain the balance of power in Cybernations... a losing battle, but for vets of the Great Wars, it was what made CN worth playing.

I doubt GATO will ever be as great as she was, but there is always hope that, at long last, she might return to super-powerdom. A man can dream, right?

Before this year I hardly knew GATO, and what I did know was mostly based upon negitive opinions of the past. However, I couldn't help but notice how they picked themselves up after going through their viceroyship and did so in a way which was in stark contrast to that of legion, and in the back of my head I was impressed. Early in the year we had the good fortune of getting to know them better, and my opinion quickly changed to overwhelmingly positive, and remains so now. Well, obviously, since we wouldn't have a treaty with them otherwise.

Also, yes, magicninja is quite lame.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

While GATO's penchant for continuing to exist, even through difficult time periods, is commendable, I liked GATO's style from about 2006-2008 much better than the current GATO. Overall, options 3/3/2.

Edited by Lord Boris

[quote name='Tocsii' date='09 July 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1278668871' post='2364636']
Got it. Thanks for the report.
[/quote]

I like the way the questions were set out. Being able to click on the first option each time helped.

We're not the same as GATO before or during various GW's, but then which alliances are?

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1278880605' post='2367198']
I love Omni, but I'll always think of you guys and GGA as WAE. Yeah, two worse alliances ever. Sue me.

:wub: Omni though
[/quote]

:wub: you back Beazy

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1278881497' post='2367209']
When I think GATO, I think of post GWI to GWIII GATO, one of the top 3, and a monstrosity wielding 1200 nations at one point. Today's GATO is a shadow of the GATO of ages past, and many of the legends who made her what she was have become just that-Legends, faded in to the mists of history, or dispersed throughout CN to lead lives of less importance. Still, I'll always have fond memories of GATO and the League fighting valiantly to maintain the balance of power in Cybernations... a losing battle, but for vets of the Great Wars, it was what made CN worth playing.

I doubt GATO will ever be as great as she was, but there is always hope that, at long last, she might return to super-powerdom. A man can dream, right?
[/quote]

Getting stomped many wars in a row kind of changes things. It takes time getting back to where we were before, but as I tell my alliance mates all the time It will happen.

my earliest memory regarding GATO was them getting rolled by NPO for whatever reason it was. I don't remember them having been a significant alliance but i have to give them credit for surviving and pulling back up to sanction, or now near sanction status and don't really have anything bad to say about them at this point.

[quote name='wickedj' date='11 July 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1278884769' post='2367261']
my official opinion is "meh"
[/quote]
Thats a shame, I am sure all GATOans (both present and past) who fought in the GATO-1V War hold a special place in their hearts for CSN.

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='11 July 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1278914166' post='2367817']
Thats a shame, I am sure all GATOans (both present and past) who fought in the GATO-1V War hold a special place in their hearts for CSN.
[/quote]

Uber-historical events are really only significant to those who went through them. Wicked was FARK back then.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 July 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1278916757' post='2367863']
Uber-historical events are really only significant to those who went through them. Wicked was FARK back then.
[/quote]
Fair enough...still sad to see regardless.

Awhile ago I had the honor of calling myself a GATOan, before I was like most of CN thinking that GATO was a fail alliance that only lost wars and was filled with old people :P but it is actually really different from what most CN'ers think. In GATO everyone is treated with respect and the members of GATO are some of the most friendly people I have ever met on CN. GATO has a gov't filled with hard workers that work everyday to make GATO what it is today and that is a great alliance. Yes it does have the old people but they offer wisdom and guidance to the new generation of CN players and also help keep the memory of the old GATO alive. I don't see GATO becoming a super power again in todays CN but I know they will become a more influential alliance in the future especially with Omni as AC :P

so to sum everything up: o/ GATO

Edited by Masterchief777