Which alliances are the most likely to start the next big war?

Cesar Julian

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='11 July 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1278909149' post='2367732']
Time machine? You don't need one of those, just a day or so of notice before someone declares a war. You should know that by now.
[/quote]

Yeah, but I had a time machine and I needed an excuse to use it.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='12 July 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1278908808' post='2367729']
Yeah, that's because I have a goddamn time machine. I went forward in time, saw that NPO was gonna lose, came back in time and switched sides. Then I was like 'BAWWW YEAH', but then I got an alert from my spies in the future who said TOP was gonna lose so I changed from the non-TOP aligned but somehow TOP aligned side of the MDP web, to the non-TOP allied side of the MDP web just in time to be declared war on by TOP. It was a damn near miss, but thanks to me and my time machine, Sparta is safe again! HURRAH!
[/quote]
Wait? What? Are you just trying to sound dumb? It was fairly obvious that you were moving away from NPO after WoTC. This can be seen with the discussion of Battalion. Plus it was obvious that NPO was going to be rolled within that year. Also, you were never tied to the TOP side. So I believe your spies misinformed you, which wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1278909734' post='2367741']
Wait? What? Are you just trying to sound dumb? [/quote]

No dude, I really do have a time machine, for serious, I'll even show it to you.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 July 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1278906782' post='2367702']
Haha, oh boy. Someone missed the last war.

[/quote]

I am fairly certain that Polaris started the last war. Even so, my statement was taking into account the results of the last war.

The half of the ex-Heg alliances that didn't move over to Karma are not in position to fight any wars against the bloc of blocs I listed if there is any reasonable chance that those blocs would move against them as a result of that war. Thus the need for an air tight, lock solid CB to even think of starting a war.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='11 July 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1278910501' post='2367758']
His isn't as cool as Jack's. :(
[/quote]

Screw you Will.

I made mine out of a cardboard box, some macaroni, and a generous helping of glue, but then Jack stole it and went back in time and built an even better time machine BEFORE I did. But he got the design from me.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='12 July 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1278911066' post='2367769']
Well you certainly won the award today.
[/quote]

What award! Make sense man!
But yes, today may see me actually start the next war if things don't start taking a turn for the better

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1278911213' post='2367774']
Screw you Will.

I made mine out of a cardboard box, some macaroni, and a generous helping of glue, but then Jack stole it and went back in time and built [b]an even better time machine BEFORE I did.[/b] But he got the design from me.
[/quote]

That's not possible. :P

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='12 July 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1278910614' post='2367763']
Thus the need for an air tight, lock solid CB to even think of starting a war.
[/quote]

They dont "need" it, tho it would be preferable for them. And vice versa, if weaker side is going to be stomped, they'd rather prefer it comes on a cooked CB rather than a solid one.

Side not connected to SG would not aim for the war, as it would be a certain curb-stomp. It will certainly come from SG side, with some minor issue being blown over. Not necessarily alliances in SF and CnG themselves, but those connected to them, tho they'll have ample back-channel support to go ahead and initiate drama, because they derive power from those links and if there is a threat of those links being severed, they wouldnt act.

And really, alot of ppl in certain positions still have it out for NPO and wouldn't mind rolling NPO again, So yea, NPO looks to be a good juicy target, everyone else is paying reps or just buying infra in <4k range.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1278909869' post='2367745']
No dude, I really do have a time machine, for serious, I'll even show it to you.
[/quote]

One day I want to get on Ebay and find Olaf's time machine, Liquid Mercurie's CN strategy guide, and Ivan Moldavi's milk all for bid.

Also, tbh, I bet us ex-Heg alliances will just get rolled again. :(

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 July 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1278913573' post='2367808']
That's not possible. :P
[/quote]

Imma show you, I'm gonna crank the dial all the way off this mofo.

Next Stop: Kraft Dinner.

Estimated Time of Arrival: 6-10 minutes at medium heat!

Edit:
[img]http://j.imagehost.org/0158/OlafsTimeMachine.jpg[/img]

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Timeline' date='11 July 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1278878088' post='2367163']

I have yet to see a war where alliances just followed there treaties and no one planned to back stab or cancel on anyone.
[/quote]

Lol, we all know it's like impossible.

[quote name='daggarz' date='12 July 2010 - 06:02 AM' timestamp='1278910940' post='2367767']
Nemesis will start the next war.
[/quote]

I applaud you!
[i]Please make my CN summer interesting[/i]

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='12 July 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1278918693' post='2367889']
Yes it is. He built the time machine, went back in time and built another one BEFORE Olaf completed his first.
[/quote]

Of course he finished it before he finished the first. That means that Olaf wouldn't have made it, which means that his designs wouldn't have been given to Jack and I think you see the issue here.

It's a time paradox. :|

[quote name='Delta1212' date='12 July 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1278907583' post='2367714']
Most people seem not to realize that Bleiveland isn't actually in TOP. It seems to be an on-going thing.
[/quote]

To be fair, he does have his lips wrapped tight around a certain part of their anatomy.

[quote name='potato' date='12 July 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1278951859' post='2368166']
To be fair, he does have his lips wrapped tight around a certain part of their anatomy.
[/quote]
Haha if only you knew something.

My lips are only for Rsox

Edited by Believland