The Hired GOONS Act

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1276316414' post='2334529']
[color="#0000FF"]You have an abundance of people in the lower ranks, which is something most alliances do not have. As soon as they start getting past that range, into the lower middle tier or upper lower tier, then there is no need for you. Alliances will be capable of doing their own dirty work. They will not need you.

So if in fact you are ever called upon it will be in the lower end where you will always have three people. You will never encounter difficulty. You will just be doing a raid in which you get paid. That kind of rhymes doesn't it? Mid-sentence rhyme I believe it's called. But yes, all we have here is a cheap PR stunt from GOONS. Nothing more.[/color]
[/quote]
We do have a lot of lowbies and new players. But contrary to popular belief we don't have the ability to 3 on 1 at at moment's notice on any target.

If we're talking about someone around 5k NS we can swing that probably. If you go farther down though, say around 1k or less, we have a lot less GOONS sitting in that range waiting for something to happen. Lots of our goon nations do tech deals and fly up into 3k+ with profits. The lower the NS of the target, the less odds we just have someone sitting around available to attack. For those who are lower or on the fence, cash to help out with a sled or something is good incentive.

Also, the fastest way to handle these would be over IRC. Right now we have about 55 folks of various NS ranges. Definitely can't guarantee 3 GOONS per target of any NS range even with those numbers, as much as we wish we could.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000FF"]Regardless, my points stands. First, it would not be that hard for you to gang up on a small nation if someone directed you to a viable tech raid target. Secondly, you aren't needed. If a target is truly that small all an alliance needs to do is toss the member a few million, let him grow and then pummel the enemy from there.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1276316906' post='2334550']
[color="#0000FF"]Regardless, my points stands. First, it would not be that hard for you to gang up on a small nation if someone directed you to a viable tech raid target. Secondly, you aren't needed. If a target is truly that small all an alliance needs to do is toss the member a few million, let him grow and then pummel the enemy from there.[/color]
[/quote]
This isn't tech raiding though, this is full combat.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1276316906' post='2334550']
[/quote]
Raid target no. We're always happy to raid.

This is more for something where an alliance (like TOP for instance) who is all large nations, who wants us to deal with some small guy that's far out of their reach. Obviously 3m is no big deal for them, so they can just toss a bit of cash at a small goon nation for some amusing war.

This is for wars, not raids. Raids we have enough of on our own.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='11 June 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1276317254' post='2334565']
Full combat even including nuking them?
[/quote]
Yes, but as you might expect, the payment required will be higher if they have nukes too.

Ask us about our 'Tiberus special where we nuke nations without nukes for 25% off list price.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='11 June 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1276317254' post='2334565']
Full combat even including nuking them?
[/quote]
3m minimum for small wars. Got some guys around 5-10k you want to kick around, will probably roll it with that.

If you're interested in funding a nuke war between GOONS and some rogue or something though we could certainly talk pricing.

[quote]If for any reason reparations are demanded (and the demand is deemed valid) the liability is placed wholly on the hiring alliance[/quote]

So what happens if the hiring alliance refuses to pay the reps? Are you going to attack them? Or leave it up to the alliance demanding reps?

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='12 June 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1276319597' post='2334625']
So what happens if the hiring alliance refuses to pay the reps? Are you going to attack them? Or leave it up to the alliance demanding reps?
[/quote]

That's what diplomacy is for. It's seldom a binary decision.

[quote name='Mathias' date='11 June 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1276317384' post='2334570']
I was satisfied with the exemplary service from GOONS, and would recommend them to future customers.
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=407501

Very Satisfied.

Good luck and have fun dudes.

Edited by Jgoods45

This would be interesting to see if Goons would allow for the use of their members under other AA's? Regardless this is a dood deterrent for any new alliances looking to get started, 3mil per rogue as opposed to a protectorate, seems fair.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='11 June 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1276322289' post='2334683']
I look forward to seeing how this works in [i]practice[/i], as opposed to the [i]theory[/i] in the OP.
[/quote]
Has already worked in practice a few times. Most recently, as mentioned, IAA gave us some money to do a small war for them.

As the information states, we aren't going to go willy-nilly into anything that we get offered. We'd only be attacking nations that are clear and valid according to our charter. So no more trouble than we'd be getting ourselves into otherwise.

In practice it seems to work out fine.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1276314903' post='2334445']
[color="#0000ff"]So you'll hit unprotected nations? I thought you were already doing that, tough guys.

To anyone who is thinking of asking GOONS for help dealing with small rogues, don't. Just give them a link to the nation. They'll raid it anyway, and you won't have to pay them.[/color]
[/quote]

Pretty much what I was thinking, too.

/me nods in agreement with RV...seems this will only apply in large part to small alliances not under treaty.

Larger alliances with treaty partners can muster the same response with less drama or cost...

But good luck and all...

[quote name='Beefspari' date='12 June 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1276325207' post='2334721']
Has already worked in practice a few times. Most recently, as mentioned, IAA gave us some money to do a small war for them.

As the information states, we aren't going to go willy-nilly into anything that we get offered. We'd only be attacking nations that are clear and valid according to our charter. So no more trouble than we'd be getting ourselves into otherwise.

In practice it seems to work out fine.
[/quote]

I think it a bit premature to discuss whether it is a success for fail at this point. You say you have all the details works out and contingencies. We shall see.

Other alliances have made a big show of intervention policies in the past, but ultimately they didn't seem to do much over the long haul.

You guys are missing the point, this is far more than mere tech raiding. This is getting paid for destruction over a defined time period. It has worked in the past, and I have the utmost confidence it will work in the future.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='12 June 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1276355790' post='2334983']
You guys are missing the point, this is far more than mere tech raiding. This is getting paid for destruction over a defined time period. It has worked in the past, and I have the utmost confidence it will work in the future.
[/quote]

Don't you already do that for free, or does it come with a ZI package now?