BAPS response to UPN

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 June 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1276266697' post='2333238']
P. sure my fellow alliance mates and I took your members out behind the shed and beat the living daylights out of them, but that's not what this topic is about. This topic is about the absolute hilarity that is purple, and the hope that they may destroy each other.
[/quote]

I will not deny the beating we received, but it did not come from CSN. You would do well to remember to credit your masters for your "victory".

But your right. We should be discussing this fair fight that has been presented. I am surprised it wasn't accepted.

Edited by Wad of Lint

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='11 June 2010 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1276267069' post='2333243']
I will not deny the beating we received, but it did not come from CSN. You would do well to remember to credit your masters for your "victory".

But your right. We should be discussing this fair fight that has been presented. I am surprised it wasn't accepted.
[/quote]

FARK did deliver quite a beating to you guys, and a fitting [i]coup de grâce[/i] to Ivan, didn't they? Love those guys. :awesome:

Honestly, I kinda agree. UPN would have gained a lot of respect from this.... or at least not lost as much respect as they apparently have. And calling everyone who disagrees with you "savages" is kinda childish, even for a UPN member.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='lukemos' date='10 June 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1276201837' post='2331992']
Peggy Sue has [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86942&st=200"]stated[/url] that she would like to see BAPS and UPN nations match up in some sort of dueling exercise. BAPS see this as a great opportunity for all of BAPS to get to know all of UPN.

We would like to accept Peggy Sue's offer of a duel and in an effort to embrace all members of both alliances in this "get to know you better" exercise, we would set the following terms.

We know UPN is well over 3 times the size of BAPS, and as such very much doubt these terms will cause them any sleepless nights, and we very much look forward to getting to know as many UPN members as we can during July.

/s/ Mo, Inq, TG
[/quote]
Am I the only one who clicked the link to Peggy Sue's post? Peggy Sue obviously offered a 1 on 1 fight between BAPS and UPN. Now BAPS is citing this post, lays out entirely different rules and then says "take it or leave it"? I doubt that'll work in any sensible way.

[quote name='Daikos' date='11 June 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1276260722' post='2333175']
This thread is purple at it's absolute finest. Please never change guys.

Normally I'm opposed to alliances duels. I think they are a waste of time and make the alliances involved in them look foolish. But after reading through this thread I don't think we have to worry about UPN or BAPs looking any sillier. So lets get it on.
[/quote]
Yeah, I doubt it can get any sillier. BTW, a strength of an alliance is measured not only by "hard" power, i.e. nukes & military strength, but also on "soft" power, i.e. diplomatic leverage. While UPN might lack the former, BAPS clearly lacks the latter.

[quote name='nitropenta' date='11 June 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1276268802' post='2333272']
Am I the only one who clicked the link to Peggy Sue's post? Peggy Sue obviously offered a 1 on 1 fight between BAPS and UPN. Now BAPS is citing this post, lays out entirely different rules and then says "take it or leave it"? I doubt that'll work in any sensible way.

Yeah, I doubt it can get any sillier. BTW, a strength of an alliance is measured not only by "hard" power, i.e. nukes & military strength, but also on "soft" power, i.e. diplomatic leverage. While UPN might lack the former, BAPS clearly lacks the latter.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86942&view=findpost&p=2329483"]The initial challenge[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86942&view=findpost&p=2331177"]The guantlet being thrown[/url]

So this was the original offer the post she cited was a quick amendmant to it. She called them over for discussion she laid out a challenge. As to the second part of you post do you honestly think that UPN has diplomatic leverage at this point. Untill they show they will stand with their allies they have toilett paper for treaties no one at this point can be sure if they will stand or not stand. Now with that in mind they do have a new leader and that MAY lead to a little more consideration but unfortuanatly Peggy Sue is doing little at this point to give anyone more confidence in her regime over the last.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='11 June 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1276269786' post='2333282']
[url="http://http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86942&view=findpost&p=2329483"]The initial challenge[/url]
[url="http://http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86942&view=findpost&p=2331177"]The guantlet being thrown[/url]

[/quote]

The links don't work.

[quote name='flak attack' date='11 June 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1276263857' post='2333203']
Before anything is done, I want to see Stumpy weigh in on this.
[/quote]
My people want entertainment, I give them entertainment. Let there be blood.

Don't much care what's going alliance-wide, but to any BAPS member:

If you agree to meet me close to halfway in NS, it's on. Your "best" podunk nations are at 64K or so? Get up to 85K by any means necessary and I'll drop 37K down to 110 and it's on. I'll have to sell off a lot of infra to do it, but whatever. That especially goes for Alterego.

And lol at RnR talking crap.

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='11 June 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1276280561' post='2333454']
Don't much care what's going alliance-wide, but to any BAPS member:

If you agree to meet me close to halfway in NS, it's on. Your "best" podunk nations are at 64K or so? Get up to 85K by any means necessary and I'll drop 37K down to 110 and it's on. I'll have to sell off a lot of infra to do it, but whatever. That especially goes for Alterego.

And lol at RnR talking crap.
[/quote]

Have you ever fought someone your own size, or even anyone in the last 3 years? I doubt it with that weak casualty stats, a staggering 400k! Woh, you are hardcore.

The offer stands. Any BAPS nation in range, especially as I drop, can declare. And I will keep 3 offensive wars going. 6v1.

You're welcome to fill one of the first slots, kriek, if BAPS can't get enough into range. Don't have anything against iFok in the least, but you seem like a guy who likes to scrap, so it could be fun.

Edited -- grammar

Edited by TECUMSEH

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='11 June 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1276279353' post='2333432']
My people want entertainment, I give them entertainment. Let there be blood.
[/quote]
He speaks! Let the games begin!

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='11 June 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1276281123' post='2333467']
The offer stands. Any BAPS nation in range, especially as I drop, can declare. And I will keep 3 offensive wars going. 6v1.

You're welcome to fill one of the first slots, kriek, if BAPS can't get enough into range. Don't have anything against iFok in the least, but you seem like a guy who likes to scrap, so it could be fun.

Edited -- grammar
[/quote]
Is that an open offer, I cant get there but im sure i can find some.

[quote]Is that an open offer, I cant get there but im sure i can find some.
[/quote]

Not to be daft, but what do you mean by "open offer"? It's open to anyone in BAPS. If there other nations from other alliances interested, then quite possibly. BAPS has dibs, though. Frankly, I'd rather fight some higher NS to start -- it seems so silly to sell off 10K infra instead of getting it nuked off. So, if there are other interested parties closer in ranger, then definite possibility.

If UPN wins, Alter Ego should be self-banned from communicating with the world.

If BAPS wins, all members of UPN should have to have "<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose" in their nation bio.

Seems fair, and a win/win for everyone not involved.

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='11 June 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1276282971' post='2333494']
Ok. Yeah, if there are other larger nations out there in purple that have a problem with UPN, this is your chance. As noted, I'd prefer to lose NS the old-fashioned way.
[/quote]

Hail to the king baby :awesome:

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='10 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1276222184' post='2332545']
An admittedly dated GW1 reference.
[/quote]

Gotcha

[quote name='T.Hubb' date='10 June 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1276223168' post='2332589']
Coming from someone who has been a paragon of diplomacy in so many ways over the last few months, I'll take that as a compliment.
[/quote]

Lets count out our diplomatic faux pas over the past few months. I made one rather stupid off color and anger driven thread about The Legion's departure from the war, which I vehemently objected to. You managed to make Legion as a whole look like incompetant fools when you threatened GATO regarding Clockwise, loved those logs. You managed to get the OMFG treaty cancelled and drove KWIV to such a position that he can't stand you guys. Protip, don't start insulting and harassing the guy who fought the hardest to maintain your treaty and is one of the most upstanding guys out there. You kept the NpO treaty instead of cancelling it, they just screwed you and all of your allies over and one of those allies is still in perma war because of it. And you have the audacity to keep the treaty? UPN as well, are you kidding me? I like Peggy but anyone with half a brain realizes that your FA paths are different and that treaty isn't worth anything, UPN had to be the one to downgrade it, you guys didn't even have the balls. IRON manages to get your reps reduced by 15% in the ES Peace Treaty. Have you done anything to help them besides a few chest thumpings and vain words of encouragement? After such a gesture why aren't you sending nations over to help them fight or at least aiding them? I no longer hold any treaty ties to IRON even in the slightest, but I still went and fought for them and shed 250 million and 20k NS for that cause, declaring 13k NS above me to drag down a >50k NS nation so that their 30k NS range group could beat him down. Why do that? Because I stick up for my friends and have integrity and won't take the easy route. You're happy to be complacent, hide behind treaties, and won't make the hard decisions necessary for greatness, and that is why LolLegion will always be an apt moniker.

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='janax' date='11 June 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1276285583' post='2333538']
If UPN wins, Alter Ego should be self-banned from communicating with the world.

If BAPS wins, all members of UPN should have to have "<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose" in their nation bio.

Seems fair, and a win/win for everyone not involved.
[/quote]
Oh God yes please.

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='11 June 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1276281123' post='2333467']
The offer stands. Any BAPS nation in range, especially as I drop, can declare. [b]And I will keep 3 offensive wars going. 6v1[/b].

Edited -- grammar
[/quote]

OK, big man is talking smack. I bet you dont even realize what a 6v1 with WRC's can do to your nation do you? Never having been in one yourself that is. Anyhow you asked for it, I truly hope you get it. Becuase when you are done, you wont be getting any senate votes anymore at your reduced size :)

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='10 June 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1276227996' post='2332760']
Oh wow, this turned out better than I could have expected. UPN, I personally would have kept what respect I already had for you had you immediately accepted the terms that BAPS offered. This attempt to save your skin/infraz while playing it off as "not wanting to destroy BAPS" (as stated by Peggy_Sue) is hilarious. Both alliances, enjoy whatever happens. You two are made for each other.
[/quote]
You think they should have fought? Well now I know for sure that UPN made the right choice.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='11 June 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1276286840' post='2333565']
OK, big man is talking smack. I bet you dont even realize what a 6v1 with WRC's can do to your nation do you? Never having been in one yourself that is. Anyhow you asked for it, I truly hope you get it. Becuase when you are done, you wont be getting any senate votes anymore at your reduced size :)
[/quote]

Don't talk him out of it you !@#$@#$ idiot :P